3It was OK
4.3%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
8.5%
Average 4.3
94 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Yomi has such a positive attitude, regardless who she is facing or pitching the ball to.

For a series' finale, I felt thsi was actually a pretty standard episode rather than a big intense match. Everyone's working hard to the best of their abilities while trying to improve. The amount of joy from the team this episode bought out a positive feel for the episode if you ask me.
Jun 17, 2020 7:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well no hate on this anime but the animation was like really bad and nothing interesting happened, not a worth watch overall.
Jun 17, 2020 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
The last hope for the Shin Koshigaya girls, ALL WITHERED within a homerun. But also surprised that Yomi has such an enthusiastic and positive atttude, to have met her match.

All hope is not lost though. With a few kinks up their sleeves, Yomi and the Shin Koshigaya girls fight for their last stretches as the Ryoyukan girls fight against their strategies for the possibility of the last-minute win.

Really getting stressed for Yoshino who feels like her game is up with all strategies explored and nothing left to fight back with. Only "make-believes" are enough for a saving grace, and getting confessed to Nakamura...oh man. And would you look at that: Nakamura's homerun, a tit for tat breakthrough.

The last spurt for chances, no one team is lagging behind to improve as the game progresses towards the end.

All in all, the finale being just another sub-standard episode...yeah. To "pitch without regrets" and have a good time in competitorship.

Time spent worth decently well, but it all came crashing down towards the end. @Ashhk I feel the pain like you do.
Jun 17, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2012
No fucking way, they actually won thanks to Nozomi's homerun & Yomi's new pitch.

I'll give it a 7/10 for making me laugh at that hilariously bad episode and thick girls.
Jun 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
It really was a nice touching in the middle of it. Though I'm surprised they did end up wining in the end, guess it was a way to 'send the fans home happy' moment. If it was a 24 episode season, they more than likely would've lost I bet.

Overall, alright series for me, not super amazing. But decent.
Jun 17, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
Not that great but a better sports anime than Ahiru no Sora I guess. XDDDDDD

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jun 17, 2020 9:04 AM
May 2018
That it canon or not I will still ship both of them (Nozomi and Yoshino) with the power of Imagination. Btw great episode. I honestly enjoy this anime. If this has better animation I am sure that many people will watch this. I want to read the manga. I hope there are people that will translate it or I have to do it in the old way by buying the manga instead.
Jun 17, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2019
well that was a happy end..didn't expect their win tbh but luckily they got it and the hard work paid out...
i acutally enjoyed the series quite...i have my doubt if we will get a second season to see whether they can win the championship at the end.
Jun 17, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2019
Solid anime through and through, made me wanna see what the manga looks like although it doesn’t have a translation I can buy yet to my knowledge, good cast of characters, I gave it a 5/10 idk if I’ll ever rewatch it, but nothing wrong with cute girls playing baseball. Also THICC
Jun 17, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2018
Oh they've rush something just too predictable....no love for this anime.
Jun 17, 2020 12:38 PM
Feb 2009
A lot better than it gets credit for. Show me a sports anime isn't predictable at this point. A sports team aims for nationals, starts practicing, than loses early in some inconsequential practice games or preliminaries before the 'actual tournament' when the team is trying to get better and grow (and may overcome some obstacle like height, being newly formed, or some other thing to make them feel like the underdogs). Once they get in a tourney they win their way through unless they lose to set up for another season where they do or will that time.

The only difference is how that anime makes you care about all that happening, and here despite some of it's flaws they succeeded in doing so for me.

If you didn't feel anything on Nozomi's homer, I don't know why you watched this episode let alone watch sports anime at all.
Jun 17, 2020 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
6/10. Far worse than I expected to be. Animation was outright awful, I couldn't remember most the characters, plot was rather generic, and even the music was a letdown. But not as bad as I've seen most people say. So much unwarranted outright HATRED. It wasn't terrible. It just wasn't good. The few characters that got any screen time I did like
Jun 17, 2020 1:41 PM

Mar 2018
3/10. Still better than Plunderer tho.
Jun 17, 2020 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
People are talking about the animation being bad, and I'm sitting here stunned at how pretty it looks compared to Cinderella 9.

I thought this was a really cute show. It absolutely wasn't as good as I was hoping for it to be, but I think the character of Nozomi alone makes this a decent watch. As a character she is for sure the best in terms of development.

I do think that if this show was a bit longer and not during Corona, we could've gotten a much better anime. If a different studio had picked this up? The plot was good enough. If the animation had been better, a season 2 would've been in the bag. I think if their had been more meat during the games about what the players were going through, it could've been a really solid show.

I was kind of hoping they would lose, but Nozomi getting the homerun was actually awesome, and made the "of course they somehow win" feel a bit better since they gave it some drama. I like it when a show keeps me guessing.

I'm leaning towards a 6/10 just because Nozomi pointing towards Yoshino made me tear up a little bit. I thought their relationship was better than Tama and Yomi's. I was actually looking forward to this show each week, because I think the way they presented each game was at least a bit exciting.
Jun 17, 2020 2:54 PM

Jan 2015
I don't think the anime was as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but it wasn't great either... something like 6.5? There are many things i didnt like about this anime, and especially the last 3 episodes, but i don't like to judge nor am i in position to judge something that i can never recreate, so let's just say there are things i don't like and things i liked, in paritcular any episode that wasn't the match itself, like ep 8, it was really cool and cute seeing Yomi and Tamaki's old partner fight over her. Then it was cool seeing Yoshino strategize, be crazy over girls playing baseball and other things...

I'll definitely miss Yomi and Nozomi, Nozomi is my favorite from this show, she is such a cutie and has a great personality, she is pretty serious and isn't scared of anyone (she even was excited to be in the death group just so she can play stronger opponents), but also her embarassed,shy nature is really cute as well. And she was a really great player, being part of the success of winning the last match.

And Yomi is just great, author did a great job to make her so likable, but perhaps the most likable thing for me was how she practiced for several years just to improve one move, while everyone else weren't really crazy over baseball, which could demotivate anyone else, but not Yomi, it also taught me that it's fine taking your time to learn something that someone else might learn in few days, once you finish learning it, at the end of the day you both achieved, it's just that your journey was longer, so don't be demotivated just because you take longer.

Gonna miss Nozomi and Yomi and Tamaki, Yoshino as well i suppose, those two really grew up on me as i've been watching more episodes, both are brilliant and crucial in their victories.
Jun 17, 2020 2:56 PM

Jan 2015
Phoenix_Trite said:
People are talking about the animation being bad, and I'm sitting here stunned at how pretty it looks compared to Cinderella 9.

I thought this was a really cute show. It absolutely wasn't as good as I was hoping for it to be, but I think the character of Nozomi alone makes this a decent watch. As a character she is for sure the best in terms of development.

I do think that if this show was a bit longer and not during Corona, we could've gotten a much better anime. If a different studio had picked this up? The plot was good enough. If the animation had been better, a season 2 would've been in the bag. I think if their had been more meat during the games about what the players were going through, it could've been a really solid show.

I was kind of hoping they would lose, but Nozomi getting the homerun was actually awesome, and made the "of course they somehow win" feel a bit better since they gave it some drama. I like it when a show keeps me guessing.

I'm leaning towards a 6/10 just because Nozomi pointing towards Yoshino made me tear up a little bit. I thought their relationship was better than Tama and Yomi's. I was actually looking forward to this show each week, because I think the way they presented each game was at least a bit exciting.

What is this? you literally pointed out everything i was thinking myself, even the final score lol. Ofourse Nozomi is the best girl.
Jun 17, 2020 3:10 PM

Jan 2019
Actually much better than 5.57 avg. score (18.06.20).
Didn't think (I thought I wouldn't like it) I'd watch past ep.1, but here I am.
Jun 17, 2020 3:24 PM

Aug 2018
Oof. I haven't taken a look at the reception this anime was getting with its viewers, but it ain't pretty to say the least.

As someone who doesn't know jack about baseball, and for that matter, hasn't even SEEN one sports anime, I'm genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed Tamayomi. I really can't think of many flaws to criticize this anime for from my perspective. There was a lot of CG used in the games, and every once in a while the budget was made apparent, but that's really about it. Does that really warrant a 5 to 6 average in terms of final score? It doesn't seem right.

I personally think this deserves a 7 to hell, even an 8 one may argue. It was a very pleasantly surprising anime to tune in to and relax. It did a good job in making you care for the girls, and make you root for them being the underdogs they were. The competition was fierce, and it showed with all the pressure and careful strategy the girls approached with.

Wouldn't have imagined myself wanting a second season 12 weeks ago, yet here I am. There were times I even enjoyed this more than Tower of God being both on Wednesdays.
Jun 17, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2018
icelizardman said:
A lot better than it gets credit for. Show me a sports anime isn't predictable at this point. A sports team aims for nationals, starts practicing, than loses early in some inconsequential practice games or preliminaries before the 'actual tournament' when the team is trying to get better and grow (and may overcome some obstacle like height, being newly formed, or some other thing to make them feel like the underdogs). Once they get in a tourney they win their way through unless they lose to set up for another season where they do or will that time.

The only difference is how that anime makes you care about all that happening, and here despite some of it's flaws they succeeded in doing so for me.

If you didn't feel anything on Nozomi's homer, I don't know why you watched this episode let alone watch sports anime at all.

This. This right here.

It had a lot of heart, and that's what really made the anime.
Jun 17, 2020 4:28 PM
Apr 2020
10/10 i think this great episode , i'm support for tamayomi to season 2 XD
Jun 17, 2020 4:32 PM

Dec 2018
My lesbians won. And Yoshino and Nozomi sneaked away to have some love talk,,,YEEEEEEEES,, Awwww the lesbian couple are so cute!

Overall It have strong Yuri vibes and cute girls that love each other .And I didn't see any males and that makes me so happy. Great anime and my pure lesbian angels get 10/10

Jun 17, 2020 4:36 PM

Oct 2007
that home run by Nozomi made me smile. :)

Yomi why ask the dumb question if "it's ok to win like this". Of course, it's ok to win.

also got damn nervous when Nakat hit that last pitch. Glad they won! ><

hoping to see a special episode to show if they made nationals.

Enjoyed this, and would buy something from this anime at CDJapan.
Jun 17, 2020 6:04 PM

Aug 2019
The last episode of this anime was good, they finally won but i don't see another season for this tbh
Jun 17, 2020 6:05 PM
Apr 2016
Satisfying win, was half expecting Yomi to strike her, kinda glad she didn't. Was a fun watch, 7/10.
Jun 17, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2016
WOW! What an incredible win that was, massive 3 run homer and then they got the best batter out again.

Hope there's a 2nd season, really enjoyed this and want to see how far they can go in this tournament now that hey have knocked out one of the strongest teams.
Jun 17, 2020 6:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, thats it! A shocking win ended a contretemps in the first half inning. The god of fortune saved them by giving so much lucky moment. Firstly by giving a bad day ever and so much pressure to their pitcher and batter. Even Nao's as the last batter can't do much to prevent unexpected newest lightning speed pitch by Yomi. And that second homer. Damn, its the end for Ryoyoukan team. 5-3 for Shin's serving until the last inning. Its surprisingly good to see them really enjoying every inning chance they had. Until the fortune came in, suddenly, they succeeded to grab that fast and executed it with an elegant way. The whole comes back because of the work hard as a team. And Ryoyoukan took a bad luck incidents on every inning chance they had. Congratulations! Its nice to take a revenged and turn back all the negativity.

A second season? Its okay to planned it. But i don't give much expectation. This whole 1 cour served well enough to me than nothing. Thats it.
badabassJun 17, 2020 7:05 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 17, 2020 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
I'm so glad they won. I love every second of this anime. It doesn't deserve the harshness it's getting. It shows that hard work and a bit of luck can pay off in baseball. I really hope there is a second season but things like this rarely get one, which makes me sad. ~ 8/10
Jun 17, 2020 9:04 PM

Mar 2011
LOL? Now you guys are saying predictable when every post that I read from previous threads said that they would lose. Tbh I haven't seen anyone predicted that they would win.

Anyway pretty solid episode specially the part where Yomi evolved to the point that even Tamaki fails to catch her pitches and Nozomi's winning three run homer was the best!

Hoping for a miracle that this will get another season.

I want to add that Nakata is a great character. Definitely fitting for a final boss. I also like that she is humble despite being so strong.
Jun 17, 2020 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
I thought the show was terrible with the first few episodes, but got a hell of a lot better in the second half. Really surprising. Animation was always bad, but I can look past that.

Seems like people never really got past their initial reactions, though.
Jun 17, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
OMG they won, that was unexpected. I totally thought they will lose. I'm so glad for them.

Pretty fun baseball anime overall, I really loved it and gonna miss it. No hope for a new season but if this ever gets one I'll be really happy.
Jun 17, 2020 9:38 PM
Jun 2020
goodbyedays said:
LOL? Now you guys are saying predictable when every post that I read from previous threads said that they would lose. Tbh I haven't seen anyone predicted that they would win

Yeah! I was so sure that they were headed for a loss. I was like "these sports anime are all alike, they're gonna lose" .. Shows what I know :)

I'm so happy they won. I really liked this show. Many are complaining about the production value or whatever. I Dont think that that should determine the value of a story. However much they had or didn't have to spend, I really enjoyed it. I get more into the stories then the money spent. The art was bad? Well, I liked it. Those girls looked strong. The strength came across fine. The cuteness was cute, the funny was funny. Every emotion they spent time drawing came through perfectly for me. 7/10

Wow what an upset for Ryoyukan. Knocked out in the second round. Ouch.
Enjoyed this show a whole lot. Yomi has got to be the coolest person ever. Such a good and fun attitude. I keep thinking about that scene where she had the catchers mit on her head. Lol so sweet.
Jun 17, 2020 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
show turned out better than i expected after realizing how bad it might be with this studio regardless of the poor animation quality the plot and some of the characters managed to carry this Yomi had a great fun personality for a ACE

didn't see them wining at all but they played hard and smart while having a lot of heart seeing Nozomi come around and on top at the end was nice!.

i have my doubts we'll never see this get a another season which sucks because i'd love to see it done either under better times or a different studio since i have no idea how much covid has effected the production of this

anyways 7/10 my hot take there were times i actually enjoyed this over my Wednesday watch of tower of god lol
Jun 18, 2020 12:19 AM
Feb 2020
Yeah the animation was a bit janky particularly in the last few episodes but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of this just a fun happy smiley show with cute girls playing baseball.
Jun 18, 2020 1:31 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I guess one of the many beefs I have with this anime is that it doesn't really do anything other than a pretty typical story of a revived baseball team. They threw a few things in to try to make it a little interesting, but it didn't really add much; we probably could have had the same story without any of it.

I wasn't fond of the character designs and sometimes even mistook one character for another, especially when you got shots of the characters that you have to reeeeaaally look at in order to see, "Oh, that hair's a little more scruffy. That's whatsherface!" Speaking of all of these whatsherfaces, most of these characters are unfortunately bland, which is a shame.

I actually don't care much about the animation and art style. They started off crappy and ended crappy, and consistency is really all I ask for. BUT my beef is with the random segments they'd decide to go full 3D models. Like okay, I would actually appreciate it more and you'd probably save more money if they just went with that for the whole anime. But no, they just had to switch it up.

It's not like this anime was devoid of good qualities, but I also feel like it didn't really come upon those qualities on its own and instead just kinda let things take its course in its typical way. Like, they didn't really think up the good qualities on its own and just kinda borrowed the good point of sports anime in particular from other sports anime.

It did feel nice to see the girls win something though since it just kinda felt like they were given the short stick production-wise.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 18, 2020 1:33 AM

Mar 2011
Ewilson222 said:

I'm so happy they won. I really liked this show. Many are complaining about the production value or whatever. I Dont think that that should determine the value of a story. However much they had or didn't have to spend, I really enjoyed it. I get more into the stories then the money spent. The art was bad? Well, I liked it. Those girls looked strong. The strength came across fine. The cuteness was cute, the funny was funny. Every emotion they spent time drawing came through perfectly for me. 7/10

I totally agree with you! I saw the manga art and it has cute character designs. If they used that in the anime it would be hard to believe that Yomi is strong. What they did using thicc muscular anime girls worked.

Until the last minute I'm also expecting that they would lose. That's why I'm really happy that they won.
goodbyedaysJun 18, 2020 1:37 AM
Jun 18, 2020 2:27 AM

Jul 2019
An intense final episode with a lot of girls in a positive spotlight. Nozomi and Yoshino moment was great, Yomi and Tamaki battery was refined as sharp as ever and the leadership of Nakata wasn't wasted even in the lost matchup.

In general, I never regretted that I began to watch this show. 7/10 for me (maybe 6.5 to be fair).
Jun 18, 2020 4:10 AM
Feb 2012
Absolutely loved the show. Yeah, it looks horrendous, and the characters are not that interesting, but damn, it got to me way harder than it deserved to.
I won't even hope for a 2nd season, but if it comes one day, oh boy am I gonna be hyped.

Enjoyment: 9/10
Otherwise: 4/10
Jun 18, 2020 4:14 AM
Jun 18, 2020 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
i have to admit, while i know nothing about baseball (i even forgot whatever i learned about it on PE class LOL), and while the art (specially faces) was kinda bad sometimes, everything else was great. the games were interesting, the girls were fun (at least Tama, Yomi, Yoshino, Nozomi), decent romance from TamaYomi duo, and ofc, the sexy angles they show their bodies/clothes LOL

overall i'm glad i watched this one <3
8/10, season 2 please :D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 18, 2020 3:59 PM

Dec 2016
Overall 5/10, animation was average with stiff CGI, VA for me was barely bearable (to many high pitched voices), story was nice but still average.
Character design was more cute than realistic, costumes would be nightmarish during real game (mainly during slides), the same long loose hair would bother constantly... one player even had one eye covered by hair (like WTF?!) xD

Nefregar said:
Still better than Plunderer tho.

Well, there was no scene in which one of the girls was trying to rape... I mean grope... I meant "fondle" girls (not counting thighs fondling) so it was not surprising.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.183/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.101/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 18, 2020 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
Although the show seemed one of "slice of life" involving club activities at the early stage, it was rather a kind of serious sport anime. The 3D CG was kind of awkward and the girls' physiques were too manly. But the inner monologues of characters like "Kyojin no Hoshi" were not so bad.
Jun 19, 2020 7:00 AM

Apr 2011
Whoa. No Way. They actually won. I really though they'll lose. Despite having a really tough opponent first game, they made it through. Good for them

It was a fun first game, but it felt like its the last game. Gotta love Yomi. She got even more pumped up instead of getting depressed.

I enjoy this series. Despite horrible quality sometimes, it doesn't really ruin the enjoyment. The manga says to have better art but the anime art is acceptable. Characters aren't bland or dull for me. They have their own personality. Yomi is fun, and her magic ball is amazing. Her and Tamaki are a great pair. Nozomi is one amazing batter, able to hit that amazing homerun made my jaw drop. The former Kendo Ace, Shiragiku, has a lot of talent, using her kendo experience in baseball.

For me, I think this is better than Cinderella Nine. Hoping there'll be a continuation and improved animation next time.

7/10
Jun 19, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Didn't see that coming, everything seemed to be set up for a loss for them, up steps Nozomi to save the day. Not as dramatic an ending as i was expecting but enjoyable nonetheless. The match was really taking a toll on Yoshino like i've never seen before, so i'm glad they pulled it off in the end.

Overall, in this truncated anime season, this is an easy AOTS for me. Considering where they started to where they ended, this show is definitely an achievement in of itself. The first 2 episodes were garbage, standard stereotypical koukousei stuff we've seen a million times, and unfortunately for the majority which dropped the show at this point, it'll be their overall impression, but once the entire cast came together, things took a huge turn for the better.

I really liked their emphasis on step by step analysis on the training, don't think i've seen an anime really put development under the microscope to this degree before, and with myself being a sports analyst junkie, a character like Yoshino just elevated things for me. The cast was nothing too special initially, but little by little i felt everyone became more and more endearing with each episode, inevitably some were underdeveloped but i felt the ones it did focus on, it got a lot of stuff especially when it came to their relationships, right. Hopefully them advancing to the next round means there is a potential s2 in the offing.

Peel back all the layers this is in essence a CGDCT show, and honestly one of the best ones i've seen. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 19, 2020 5:46 PM

Jun 2016
AnimeJunky said:
I'm so glad they won. I love every second of this anime. It doesn't deserve the harshness it's getting. It shows that hard work and a bit of luck can pay off in baseball. I really hope there is a second season but things like this rarely get one, which makes me sad. ~ 8/10

Same. I really liked it, loved the story and the characters, a refreshing anime about baseball, I hope for a season 2, but it will be unlikely to happen...
Jun 19, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
That it canon or not I will still ship both of them (Nozomi and Yoshino) with the power of Imagination. Btw great episode. I honestly enjoy this anime. If this has better animation I am sure that many people will watch this. I want to read the manga. I hope there are people that will translate it or I have to do it in the old way by buying the manga instead.

It's canon, don't worry.
Jun 20, 2020 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Zee530 said:
Didn't see that coming, everything seemed to be set up for a loss for them, up steps Nozomi to save the day. Not as dramatic an ending as i was expecting but enjoyable nonetheless. The match was really taking a toll on Yoshino like i've never seen before, so i'm glad they pulled it off in the end.

Overall, in this truncated anime season, this is an easy AOTS for me. Considering where they started to where they ended, this show is definitely an achievement in of itself. The first 2 episodes were garbage, standard stereotypical koukousei stuff we've seen a million times, and unfortunately for the majority which dropped the show at this point, it'll be their overall impression, but once the entire cast came together, things took a huge turn for the better.

when Nakata hit that fast ball by Yomi, I seriously thought it's a home run. Thought they're gonna lose. Then I realized Nakata was running hard, it's not a home run, and they won! Well, that was a hard earned win full of tension. Leaves me wanting for more.

sadly, a season 2 seems impossible. So my only hope now is the manga.

Magito said:

I enjoy this series. Despite horrible quality sometimes, it doesn't really ruin the enjoyment. The manga says to have better art but the anime art is acceptable. Characters aren't bland or dull for me. They have their own personality. Yomi is fun, and her magic ball is amazing. Her and Tamaki are a great pair. Nozomi is one amazing batter, able to hit that amazing homerun made my jaw drop. The former Kendo Ace, Shiragiku, has a lot of talent, using her kendo experience in baseball.

For me, I think this is better than Cinderella Nine. Hoping there'll be a continuation and improved animation next time.

7/10

episode 4 animation quality is beyond horrible. thankfully, such a thing was not repeated.

agreed that this is better than Cinderella 9. Well, I think the C9 girls are still sexier, but Tamayomi has better action.
Jun 20, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Liddo-kun said:
Zee530 said:

when Nakata hit that fast ball by Yomi, I seriously thought it's a home run. Thought they're gonna lose. Then I realized Nakata was running hard, it's not a home run, and they won! Well, that was a hard earned win full of tension. Leaves me wanting for more.

sadly, a season 2 seems impossible. So my only hope now is the manga.

Magito said:

7/10

episode 4 animation quality is beyond horrible. thankfully, such a thing was not repeated.

agreed that this is better than Cinderella 9. Well, I think the C9 girls are still sexier, but Tamayomi has better action.

Episode 4 had major errors due to the episode Funimation released being the wrong/incomplete version of the episode. (Reminds me of the error with the Danganronpa 3 dubbing error). Thankfully I actually had to wait a few days to watch it (the only time this happened) and the corrected version was uploaded.
Jun 20, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2014
8/10 Really good show that ticks most boxes besides good overall animation, it's like a game with great gameplay but has bad graphics :D
Kind of shaky start but it really picks up and overall i found it very entertaining, it feels like it slots right in with the best of them when talking sports anime featuring girls @ baseball, at least it felt like that for me.
Jun 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Apr 2016
I think this anime is getting too much bashing.

I never understand why most anime fans are reluctant to watch sports anime when most anime fans are also shonen fighting boi fans. Sports anime largely follow the same kind of story that a typical fighting boy anime does.

It's strange.

Anyways, this anime was solid and it's definitely not a 5 like it's rating says. It's a solid 6. Not a 7, but it's anywhere in that 6 range.

1) The main characters all have their own goals. I think some people need to realize that not all of the players are in equal of importance. You have the catcher, the pitcher, the manager, the star batter, and the captain. These characters all had solid stories to tell.

2) The competition is solid. For example, you are genuinely scared of the big boss. She got walked TWICE on purpose, then when challenged absolutely CRUSHED it. The build up to the final at bat was perfect. And she ALMOST crushed it again. She is definitely in a league on her own. She got on base 3/4 times which is a .750 batting average. She is ridiculously good and scary. When she got beat, that was a great way to make the viewer smile. Fun fact: you're supposed to root for the protagonist. When the good guys won, and had to make you happy. That's how you write a villain in a sports anime.

3. Character designs were ok. Visually, this anime has a lot of room to grow. I didn't hate it though, and it didn't bother me.

Overall, it was decent. Probably wouldnt watch it again. Maybe would recommend to someone who wants to watch a quick baseball anime but definitely wouldnt tell someone not to waste their time. This anime isn't an insult to the viewer.
[
Jun 24, 2020 9:30 AM

Nov 2016
Leaving aside the production, it was pretty average anime, but the good kind that was fun to watch for most parts, at least if you enjoy these kind of sports anime with yuri vibes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Any Chance Of A 2nd Season?

Roderick24_ - Jan 25, 2022

2 by goodbyedays »»
Jan 26, 2022 4:05 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2020

23 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:10 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:05 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2020

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 26, 2021 6:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.