3It was OK
18.7%
2Disliked it
10.7%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 3.9
75 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess rebels really needs to be more careful around the city in their timeline.

On the other hand, Marlya is taking charge more of her own role in the series. A somewhat more calmer episode than usual.
Oct 20, 2019 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm an insight into Wolfrans past and circumstance huh. Though the war affected everyone greatly the fact that their king killed himself while his men were still resisting fiercely just shows how much of a coward he was. But the surrender combined with the loss of his family can be said to be the catalyst that caused him to turn. The talk at the bar between Marlya and her comrades though sure was heartwarming and did well in shoring up the wavering that she had been experiencing since Ozz's death. An decent ep that featured some interesting insight into Wolfran's past while also allowing Free and Maryla to center themselves and rediscover the spark that fuels them. Still it looks like the hunt for the elusive enemy isn't going too well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 9:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm struggling so much to follow the story tbh, this episode was so boring, even more than the previous ones.
Oct 20, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly, this episode was kinda boring though it was interesting to see a bit of Wolfran's past.

That Axel guy sure is an interesting character.

Oct 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2016
I'm sorry, it didn't feel anything particularly important happened, or at least, anything we're supposed to care about...for this episode. I guess the self-seriousness of this damn show really bits itself in the ass, and somehow it doesn't feel like something serious, either.
Oct 20, 2019 11:58 AM
Jul 2019
So when Wolfran and Free were fighting a war in Ledrad they're basically on the losing side, I guess Wolfran felt bad about the surrender in which when he came home he finds that he has nothing to go home to anymore, it both hit him hard. Too bad that he finds a new lease in life by joining up with Arcame.

Oh man again with the raid on one of the suspected Arcame hideout, them Dorothea's got fooled again, man I really felt bad for this organization.
Oct 20, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
Marlya finally acknowledges how useless she is. nice. Now we just need a few more backstories for her to emphasize how sad of a life she has

Rest of ep was ok I guess? Idk I've kinda given up on this series, hoping it might do a 3D Kanojo and turn it around at the end but who knows
Oct 20, 2019 1:33 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was okay. Not great, but I especially liked the ending. I suspected Axel had something to hide so it was good to see that my intuition was right. Veronica didn't make an entrance this time, but Marlya had a nice bonding moment with her colleagues. It was a moment to cherish :) Well, I guess Veronica will appear in the next episode and I can't wait for it!
Oct 20, 2019 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting. Didn't expect Axel to actually have killed that guy. Cause he seemed more like the stupid guy only doing information gathering or maybe other minor crimes.
Oct 20, 2019 1:43 PM

Jul 2019
Axel wasn't just scummy... would have never suspected him to have actually done it.
With regards to Marlya... 2 steps forward one back? She should really be a bit tougher by now.

Very enjoyable episode
Oct 20, 2019 3:37 PM
Mar 2015
Good flashback of the end of the war Wolfram had nothing to go home to because of the war. The rebels are really being shut down.No one should trust Axel except as a betrayer
Oct 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2019
This season is better than the first, that's for sure.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 20, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2019
The series is getting progressively better every episode, still can’t get over last week’s yuri action, it’s a shame that it won’t get more popular because a lot of people in the west were put off by its first few episodes , I really love this series so much and hope it gets a season 2 or manga

Seeing Marlya cry and finally feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders was so beautiful. Best girl

Love that ED so much, wish it were on Apple Music already ugh.
Oct 21, 2019 12:16 AM

Oct 2017
Well Marlya and Free was being weird after meeting Vero and Wolf. But Marlya managed to get a hold of herself with Klara and Tova's help. Hope free is back to normal soon too.
Oct 21, 2019 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
The Director, aka best girl, makes her return and the little mascot seems to like her. Truly wholesome.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 21, 2019 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Chima makes for a cute mascot for a gritty series like this. Not only did the little cutie steals the director's seat like a cat, but it also growled at Free after he said something a bit too negatively at Marlya. I kinda want one for myself now! =3

Other than that, this episode had more info-dumping and was calmer than usual as well. We got a good insight on what Wolfran did shortly after the war ended, which was very welcome.

Another scene I liked was Marlya having a heart-to-heart type of chat with Klara and Tova. She still feels responsible for Ozz's death in the previous season, but Tova's inspirational words really helped her cheer up and regained her appetite as well. Nice insert song, too. =)

The post-credits scene revealed that Axel did kill the guy, which was something I wasn't really expecting him to do. Another case of don't judge a book by its cover, I guess. ^^;
Oct 21, 2019 10:42 AM

Nov 2009
Uneventful episode except for the after-credits revelation - that was friggin big, I hope our guys will somehow figure out Axel's true very ugly face.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 22, 2019 6:51 AM

Jul 2017
When it mattered most, Free couldn't shake Wolfran away. When all else is lost for him, Free couldn't compensate for him in full, and him turning heads towards Arcame is his way of revenge, then as per usual, being the rebel and traitor to his individualism. Nice knowing Wolfran's backstory but that's all I have of interest in regards to this episode.

Other than that, it seems business as usual at Dorothea after all that war and fanfare. Which is to say: a breather in the park after all that action and infodump. And the only thing left in their hands: drive rebels out, now that Arcame is in shreds, and the remainder of the rebels (i.e. Schwartz Diese) captured.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Another scene I liked was Marlya having a heart-to-heart type of chat with Klara and Tova. She still feels responsible for Ozz's death in the previous season, but Tova's inspirational words really helped her cheer up and regained her appetite as well. Nice insert song, too. =)

This was quite nice too.

Axel sure is shady, knowing his past stints with Arcame. The most damning thing is that Christoph Rant was shot by none other than him, the worst thought possible (but under Beevee Liscar) now that the loophole of the rebels extend to such a length that can't be pinpoint down to an entity alone. What is this world turning into...
Oct 22, 2019 9:31 PM
Jan 2019
I know that Ozz didn't have a deep story in the anime, but it saddens me every time they mention him, remembering that he saved Marlya with a smile before he died.
So Axel's bastard works for Liscar, and the former King's son worked with Dise. One problem after another for Dorothea.
Chima took center stage in this episode, she's so cute.
Oct 25, 2019 6:19 AM

Apr 2009
Eh bit of a dry episode as not much happened besides the Axel stuff. Potential Free/Eleanor? Next episode Bitter Sweet is back tho;)
Oct 26, 2019 10:00 AM

May 2014
Axel, the surprise reverse double (triple?) agent. Good for him. Played them like a fiddle.
Nov 3, 2019 4:08 AM

Jan 2015

Ashhk said:
I'm struggling so much to follow the story tbh, this episode was so boring, even more than the previous ones.

i really like this anime and even i was bored into oblivion.
Nov 10, 2019 5:55 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Not this again, I thought Marlyaz has gotten over Ozz's death alerady!
Nov 10, 2019 8:54 PM
Oct 2007
I hate Marlya and her damn personality. Sorry if it was me I would of said it to his damn face I hate your guts you tried to kill me as a child and murdered your own brother. I will protect you as it's my duty but know that you are a man that is so evil you do deserve to die.

But no she just says it's nothing and will risk her life to protect this evil bastard. I hate her with a passion and if Ray Dawn is not killed by the end of this series this show went to shit. Evil bastards that would kill everyone in his own town men, women, children, and even babies needs to die!
Dec 19, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was not great or bad.

What's going on with Axel?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2019 7:04 AM

Nov 2019
Very disappointed, the show had potential for great fights but instead we have Free who's a Mary Sue, even using talk no jutsu, such a perfect flawless character doesn't belong in the show, Free in both season was never in any trouble lol he probably defeat that mega fairy by soloing it smh

And how tf did Free destroy another Fairy weapon just like that ugh! He just blabber about some PC justice while putting himself on a pedestal and that's supposed to be a power up to destroy another fairy weapon wtf

When Ver saw those sisters, ngl it's pretty cringey, like come on we get already you guys are "sisters" smh the show has been constantly shoving how close these two are since season 1

That huge blade guy got defeated so easily, okay they're both heroes from that war and all but still, that was too fast and it was lazy it's the generic jumpcut 1 slash clash blood sprays out for the loser, such terrible fight choreography

The show was honestly good until these previous three episodes
Jan 11, 2020 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Damn I didn't really expect him to do that but given his character and his connection with Liscar it kinda makes sense...

Feb 15, 2021 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
these scenes between fairy soldier and whiny bitch girl are dreadful. their awkwardness. the horrible dialogue. It's all so bad

axel works with for the colonel? I thought he was with arcame? He's a "double agent"? (well, maybe a triple agent, given he also informs for dorothea sometimes?) I did not expect him to be the one to have killed that guy at all. I guess he only pretends to be a fool, but he's actually quite clever...

the magical puppy serves NO purpose. why is it in the show?

Just like with season 1, i dig the overall story

edit: I'm actually wondering if axel isn't maybe the leader of arcame, and he's just putting on a show. sort of like Keyser soze in the Usual suspects...
HagePotPotatoFeb 16, 2021 2:26 PM
Aug 15, 2021 5:23 AM

Feb 2018
Okay Gail spilling all the information to Axel and then being surprised of him being a spy was just.. Gail's probably the dumbest guy in the series ;p

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2019

67 by baahsu »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

24 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

26 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.