3It was OK
5.8%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.6
343 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, a blast from the past coming back to Sayaka. I don't think its much of a surprise considering how much they revealed about her already.

Looks like there's also some buildup for the upcoming sports competition. Yuu and Touko still remains a focal point in the show as expected. I'm glad Touko is doing really well right now in her life especially with Yuu by her side.
Nov 23, 2018 6:37 AM

Feb 2010
The mask scene in op make more sense now.
Nov 23, 2018 8:04 AM
Sep 2015
oh no... yuu is falling in love with touko now... which isn't what touko want... touko's becoming more and more selfish to me now
Nov 23, 2018 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Honestly I think Sayaka's senpai was really out of line and very insensitive there. Just apologizing like their time together meant absolutely nothing, her apology just felt so fake to me. When Sayaka clutched her fist, I could feel it. I did like how it ended with Sayaka walking away with Touko.

I liked what basically amounted to a Yuu x Sayaka bonding outing even though it wasn't really much of a 'bonding'. xD

That shot of Touko's eyes darkening, damn. Touko doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her but Yuu might already be falling for her. The complications. :3

I loved the ending with both Yuu and Sayaka sighing over Touko's action.
Yuu x Sayaka is the stealth ship. XD
Nov 23, 2018 8:58 AM
Sep 2018
Well, it's pretty much confirmed that I won't be seeing the best part of the manga in this. Though next ep should be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I like the way they reordered the chapters, flows better from the last episode. Though I wonder what those lines about hydrangeas were about. I'll have to look it up.

Edit: Wow, that was a good choice of metaphor. Hydrangeas can mean:
Heartfelt and honest emotions of any kind

Gratitude and thanksgiving to someone else

Developing a deeper understanding of two people

Heartlessness and acting without thinking about the feelings of another

Frigidity and disinterest in a romantic proposal
DumpsterKingNov 23, 2018 9:02 AM
Nov 23, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
Never would have thought that a show this good could keep getting even better. And Sayaka makes it even better. Also, I suppose this umbrella thing is some kind of anime trope. I am sure I have seen it before somewhere. I can't complain though, it was cute to see them like that. But it will be interesting to see the complications of this side of Nanami.

Lelouch0202 said:
Honestly I think Sayaka's senpai was really out of line and very insensitive there. Just apologizing like their time together meant absolutely nothing, her apology just felt so fake to me. When Sayaka clutched her fist, I could feel it. I did like how it ended with Sayaka walking away with Touko.

Yes, loved that smug look she gave her! What an amazing start to an episode picking up after the one centered on Sayaka.
KawaritaiNov 23, 2018 10:41 AM
Nov 23, 2018 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
anyone notice what I think was probably Touko's descending disappointment when Yuu tried to redirect her meaning of feeling "really happy"?

Tbf, Idk, cause it's not very easy to read every single bit of the mindsets of our cast, and even then, it's harder to say in proper words.
Nov 23, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

Agreed. The senpai was basically like sorry if I turned you gay, but hopefully you are back to 'normal' now. Sayaka grabbing Touko's arm like that was a great play.
Nov 23, 2018 10:12 AM

Sep 2017
So the main thing this episode was the walk home with Touko. It's clear Yuu is becoming more affectionate and starting to fall in love without realizing it. It was very sweet, but Touko ended up picking up on the fact that maybe Yuu's feelings are changing. The hesitation from Touko was done so well. It's hard to know exactly what she is feeling. Certainly concerned that Yuu is falling for her, which in her head will cheapen their relationship. Of course she plays it cool when Yuu backs down.

I think we will have more interactions like this to come, though I'm not sure on how slowly paced it will be. There will be a lot of internal conflict with both girls, but I have no doubts the payoff will be fantastic.
Nov 23, 2018 10:13 AM

Dec 2015
The look and the tone of Touko's voice when Koito told her she was happy... I could feel the air around them getting cold.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 23, 2018 10:30 AM

Mar 2016
Sayaka was so awesome at the start. I love the answer she gave to the senpai.

When Yuu and Sayaka got out of the restaurant, the lighting on them changed colours. I love little details like that!

Is it so hard to walk without an umbrella when it's raining? I do that all the time, and people tend to stare at me whenever I do.

Yuu is starting to get feelings for Nanami, and Nanami is noticing it. I am really interested to know here things are headed.

I want to see more of Maki-kun. He's too cute.

Yuu looks like Maki if you hide the parts of her hair that have been tied. (I am not sure what they're called. Bunches, maybe?)
Nov 23, 2018 10:31 AM
Apr 2015
I don't want to see those horrifying eyes of nanami ever again .. Her reaction to koito's heartful thanks was really hard to watch .

I have never replied or commented ( and if i did its like once in a decade) like this on any mal forum/discussion ever and this episode compelled me to do so ..
Jesus , i sound hella dramatic but i didn't expect to see Nanami so cruel .
It was really surprising to see her shift like that also it was heartbreaking to see Koito noticed that instantly .
Nov 23, 2018 11:17 AM
Mar 2016
I know what's gonna happen at the end:

After previous episode, it felt like if Yuu confesses her love to Touko, Touko will not love her anymore, but after this episode even though Touko still feels the same way, but she will develop a different kind of love that she would want Yuu to love her back.
Yuu will hesitate for sometime, but at the end she will has the courage to confess her love, and Touko will gladly accept it.

This kind of heartwarming romance should end this way, I think.
Nov 23, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
Nice episode. Touko seemed a bit disappointed with Yuu's happy comment so I'm curious what's gonna happen next.
Nov 23, 2018 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
Great to see Sauyka get her senpai back when she took Touka's hand. Even though it was cliché the umbrella scene was great
Nov 23, 2018 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
Well played, Sayaka. Although her senpai, by a chance encounter, made an apology for the way she acted to Sayaka back in Middle School, her choice of words for her reason for apologising just sounded pretty dodgy and kind of fake, in a way. So when Touko came into view, Sayaka took the opportunity to grab hold of her, turn to her senpai and leave with a savage 'farewell'. Nicely done! >D

Another step in the right direction was the scene between Sayaka and Yuu. Both know that they haven't got along well, so having a good talk about Touko did at least give themselves a chance to understand each other better. They still have their goals with Touko in mind, but Yuu's goal looks to be a more likely to happen, which is what I would prefer.

And thus, led to Touko and Yuu walking back home under an umbrella. It made for a really amusing scene when Yuu wanted to hold the umbrella by the crossing and I just couldn't stop laughing at that moment, but they did have a good talk under a shelter as well.

Yuu is starting to develop romantic feelings for Touko and that was made apparent during this scene, one which Touko noticed immediately, with her eye changing shape slightly when she mentioned the same words that Yuu told her a second before. I like those little, but noticeable details like that. =)

It does make me wonder what will happen next, with how much development each of main cast has been through already. Whatever happens next, I'm looking forward to it! =D
Nov 23, 2018 3:05 PM
Mar 2017
Today's episode was incredible, Sayaka and Touko showed a side that left me impressed.
Sayaka has an unexpected encounter with her senpai while waiting for Touko, the senpai's attitude was a bit hypocritical and her apologies felt forced, I thought Sayaka would scream or something, but what she did was worse, when Touko arrives she runs away and takes Touko from her arm as if they were girlfriends and says goodbye to her senpai while looking at her as if she were saying "I forget you, senpai".
Yuu tried to know Sayaka more, she invited her to eat and I was surprised that Sayaka accepted. I got a lot of laugh at the image that Yuu had of Sayaka. While they eat Yuu touches the theme of the play and why Touko is so obsessed with making it, but apparently both girls are concerned about what will happened to Touko after finishing the play.
In the second half, the day is rainy and Yuu waits for Akari to go together, but Yuu notices that the senpai that Akari likes forget his umbrella, so Yuu insists that she go with her senpai, Yuu is the best friend, supporting her friend, but she is left alone without being able to leave, when Yuu decides to run in the rain Touko appears with an umbrella and offers to leave with her, it is the classic scene of sharing an umbrella and having a romantic moment, but it worked and I loved it. The girls stop to rest, Yuu tells Touko that she was very happy when she appear with the umbrella, but Touko's reaction was very sinister, as if she hates Yuu's feelings, the worst is Yuu's face, the fear she reflected in her eye worried me, Yuu tries to fix her words and Touko returns to her honey personality. the episode ends with Sayaka and Yuu while they comment that Touko can be a nuisance and both agree on it.
I'm very worried about Yuu, Touko showed a side that scared her and the worst thing is that now Yuu's feelings will come into conflict, if she starts to love Touko she will hate her.
Nov 23, 2018 3:19 PM
Mar 2018
"Well then, farewell"

Damn, son xD
Nov 23, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
Sayaka showing her "girlfriend" to her sempai. Nice time for Touko to show up there. Well, done.
Nov 23, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2009
Sayaka's senpai just voiced the average view regarding lesbians in Japanese society: you can be in relationships with other giirls while you are young but grow up and start dating boys later.

So Sayaka's move herre was rally good.
Nov 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
can someone please explain to me why nanami doesn't want yuu to fall in love with her?
Nov 23, 2018 7:15 PM
Jun 2017
What is nanami (senpai) to them?
Sayaka- Friend
Koito- senpai

*well we all know the truth and its more than that...

Sayaka --> nanami --> koito

What if one day nanami (senpai) show her true self to others? (The question that pops on their head in the later part of episode)

Sayaka- will i... (confess perhaps what she means by it)
Koito- what will happen to me?

*actually both of them are just waiting for the time comes when nanami became her true self to others...

Nice episode... and atleast the barrier between sayaka and koito has gone...

Few more episodes ans lets see how they will all end up with?...
Nov 23, 2018 7:51 PM
Sep 2014
Damn, Touko hurts me.

Sayaka's senpai sucks. I like Sayaka more now, but I'm still wary bc I don't want her to ruin my ship...though the biggest threat to my ship is actually Touko. I hate how Yuu is gonna have to start holding up her feelings and faking her actions just when she is finally learning to love. Touko's expressions hurt, bro. I think I will definitely pick up the manga once the anime is over.
Nov 23, 2018 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
They may not make a second season tho. The first season isn't that popular. I doubt they'll continue with a second season in the future.

They definitely should tho. I think I know where this season will end. Can't get over the visuals for this show tho. There's obviously quite a bit of talent in the studio.
Nov 23, 2018 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
ABDoesThings said:
They may not make a second season tho. The first season isn't that popular. I doubt they'll continue with a second season in the future.

They definitely should tho. I think I know where this season will end. Can't get over the visuals for this show tho. There's obviously quite a bit of talent in the studio.

There are not enough source material to make S2 right now too. Unless, they make a mini S2 season (or OVA) with about 6 eps which should be enough to cover vol.5-6.
Nov 23, 2018 9:27 PM
Sep 2018
shouyo said:
can someone please explain to me why Nanami doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her?

Nanami believes that love is like a shackle: like how some people say 'I love THIS about you', Nanami thinks that if that part of a person changes the person will fall out of love. So if Yuu loves Nanami, Nanami is forced to stay the same to keep being loved.

Nanami is in love with Yuu in the first place because Yúu doesn't have any expectations of her - she can just be herself. Again, if Yuu does fall in love, Nanami believes shell start acting like all the other people who expect something from her.

Watch the after credits scene of episode six if you want Nanami's exact explanation (rewatching that scene by the bridge might help as well).
Nov 23, 2018 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
Haven't been a big fan of Sayaka, but her ex being such a cunt has made her pretty likable these past two weeks.

Relatively speaking, at least.
SJ7izmNov 23, 2018 9:37 PM
Nov 23, 2018 9:39 PM
Sep 2018
ABDoesThings said:

I can't remember the source for this but, YagaKimi was the 3rd most asked for adaptation on an important poll so, people are likely to want a 2nd season when the manga finishes.

The manga is the most popular Yuri in Japan and regularly sells in (I think) the top 30 - which no other Yuri has done before. It's also one of the highest ranked non-sequel in anything Japanese that I can find.

So keeping in mind that the manga is that popular before the anime and the fact that Troyca doesn't get much work anyway, it's likely that a second season will happen.
Nov 23, 2018 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Marina2 said:
ABDoesThings said:

There are not enough source material to make S2 right now too. Unless, they make a mini S2 season (or OVA) with about 6 eps which should be enough to cover vol.5-6.

True, but by next year there will definitely be enough material for Season 2. Cause I doubt the author is going to end this series so soon.
Nov 23, 2018 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Marina2 said:
ABDoesThings said:

True, but by next year there will definitely be enough material for Season 2. Cause I doubt the author is going to end this series so soon.
Nov 23, 2018 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
DumpsterKing said:
ABDoesThings said:

I can't remember the source for this but, YagaKimi was the 3rd most asked for adaptation on an important poll so, people are likely to want a 2nd season when the manga finishes.

The manga is the most popular Yuri in Japan and regularly sells in (I think) the top 30 - which no other Yuri has done before. It's also one of the highest ranked non-sequel in anything Japanese that I can find.

So keeping in mind that the manga is that popular before the anime and the fact that Troyca doesn't get much work anyway, it's likely that a second season will happen.

Now that you bring those facts up, I change my mind. It might as well happen. If it does then great! The story has a lot of potential for more aggressive expansion.
Nov 24, 2018 2:03 AM

Oct 2016
i dont understand why people dislike sayaka LOL. yuu is the third wheel from her perspective. and sayaka has been with touko far more longer. of course sayaka will feel jealous (even though touko isnt actually her's). but the way she handles it is WAY BETTER than most other dramas.

i agree with previous commenters. we totally need extra OVA (if necessary) to see the theatrical play. its a MUST SEE scene.
Nov 24, 2018 3:44 AM

Oct 2018
Lithianic said:
i dont understand why people dislike sayaka LOL. yuu is the third wheel from her perspective. and sayaka has been with touko far more longer. of course sayaka will feel jealous (even though touko isnt actually her's). but the way she handles it is WAY BETTER than most other dramas.

I agree completely, also let's not forget that Sayaka is in love, an experience which has not been pleasant to her before. That could possibly affect her behaviour. Still, she is acts pretty mature about it (although, we learned this episode that it is obvious even to others that Sayaka and Yuu don't get along). One mustn't hate her, Sayaka makes this show even more interesting, otherwise it would be too easy. Also, this episode has the best start to an anime episode ever ^^
Nov 24, 2018 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Lol. Character X is a bitch, but character X is only a bitch because of feelings for another character.

I wonder what people could possibly dislike about character X.

Nov 24, 2018 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
Kawaritai said:

I agree completely, also let's not forget that Sayaka is in love, an experience which has not been pleasant to her before. That could possibly affect her behaviour. Still, she is acts pretty mature about it (although, we learned this episode that it is obvious even to others that Sayaka and Yuu don't get along). One mustn't hate her, Sayaka makes this show even more interesting, otherwise it would be too easy. Also, this episode has the best start to an anime episode ever ^^

I agree back. But love? She's still half-heartedly feel that way. In a way, she's as stuck as yuu lol. Both confused. Other than that, I agree, again haha
Nov 24, 2018 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Lithianic said:

i agree with previous commenters. we totally need extra OVA (if necessary) to see the theatrical play. its a MUST SEE scene.

In a year we might have enough content for a second season. I think an OVA wouldn't do the play justice.
Nov 24, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2018
SJ7izm said:
Lol. Character X is a bitch, but character X is only a bitch because of feelings for another character.

I wonder what people could possibly dislike about character X.

Sure, everyone is entitled to liking or disliking the characters for whatever reason, but calling her a bitch seems a bit strong and unfair. In one of the first episodes, one of the students remarks on how Sayaka and Nanami are always together. They constitute a duo of best friends that always rank as the top students of the school. However, when the election campaign starts Sayaka sees her manager position transferred to Yuu. How does she react? She accepts it and even gives Yuu the prepared speech draft. That's dignity in defeat (in what is almost a betrayal from Nanami).

All in all, I think her disappointment and actions are understandable and not very bad. Also, she is in love, I assume :) It can't be that easy watching your BFF and object of your affections suddenly fawning over Yuu like that ^^
Nov 24, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:

In a year we might have enough content for a second season. I think an OVA wouldn't do the play justice.

Yea. That would be more appropriate. But damn.. a year is long. The last time I've waited that long for something were Jojo, Magus Bride and CCS Clear Card lol.

_________________ on another note

X has 99 good trait but the story focused on her 1 bad trait that happens to everyone naturally of that without causing any harm.

I wonder why people dislike X.
Nov 24, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Good to see Sayaka & Yuu on better terms again.

That Sayaka though, meeting her Senpai again after so long, thinking that she possibly made Sayaka fall for girls and then Sayaka grabbing Touko's arm like that was amazing.
Nov 24, 2018 12:41 PM

Nov 2015
Yuu is such a tease! I totally feel for Touko.
Nov 24, 2018 1:18 PM

Jun 2007
sayaka's senpai needs a good bitch slap
i love this show damn, can't wait for the next ep!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 24, 2018 1:46 PM

Oct 2018
I really want Sayaka to get a girlfriend/love interest now considering Touko and her aren't mutual...

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
The best episode so far ! Very nice. I really liked the discussions and the different scenes. Things are slowly evovling.

And the boy Akari has a crush on is so handsome OMG. XD
Nov 24, 2018 3:37 PM

May 2013
Really liked Yuu's interactions with Sayaka this episode~
Nov 24, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Lithianic said:
ABDoesThings said:

Yea. That would be more appropriate. But damn.. a year is long. The last time I've waited that long for something were Jojo, Magus Bride and CCS Clear Card lol.

_________________ on another note

X has 99 good trait but the story focused on her 1 bad trait that happens to everyone naturally of that without causing any harm.

I wonder why people dislike X.

Think about the people who had to wait four years for the second season of Attack on Titan
Nov 24, 2018 6:11 PM

Oct 2016
ABDoesThings said:

Think about the people who had to wait four years for the second season of Attack on Titan

Were you one of those people? Lol XP. I'm a fan of AoT but not that dedicated. CCS continuation was longer. Heck, other classics were wayyy longer. Haha
Nov 24, 2018 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
Lithianic said:
ABDoesThings said:

Were you one of those people? Lol XP. I'm a fan of AoT but not that dedicated. CCS continuation was longer. Heck, other classics were wayyy longer. Haha

Yeah I was one of those people. The pain. The pain. I was in sixth grade when I first watched it. Now I'm in eleventh studying science. The time lapse.
Nov 24, 2018 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
Oh Sayaka, you could have acted in more mature way with your old senpai but well, I guess it couldn't be helped.
Although I expected more composure from her I guess that hearing such an insensitive apologize from her senpai, made her emotions took the best of her.
She really must have loved her senpai so it's kind of sad that the latter doesn't give a shit about Sayaka's feelings.

Regarding the episode, I really liked it. The interactions between the cast were nice and it also seems that Yuu's feelings towards Touko are increasing, which is both good and bad at the same time. I can sense some heavy drama in the future due to this.

I also liked that Yuu decided to make the first move in solving the problems with Sayaka. It was nice to have the both of them talking and resolving some minor issues between them... well, although being fair, Sayaka is the only one with such issues.

And the scene with both Yuu and Touko walking under the rain was sweet and their talk at the end was very interesting to hear as well.

P.S.: Oh, so that's the guy Akari likes. I actually like both of Yuu's friends so I hope it ends up well for her.
Nov 24, 2018 9:05 PM

Aug 2011
DumpsterKing said:
shouyo said:
can someone please explain to me why Nanami doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her?

Nanami believes that love is like a shackle: like how some people say 'I love THIS about you', Nanami thinks that if that part of a person changes the person will fall out of love. So if Yuu loves Nanami, Nanami is forced to stay the same to keep being loved.

Nanami is in love with Yuu in the first place because Yúu doesn't have any expectations of her - she can just be herself. Again, if Yuu does fall in love, Nanami believes shell start acting like all the other people who expect something from her.

Watch the after credits scene of episode six if you want Nanami's exact explanation (rewatching that scene by the bridge might help as well).

thank you so much! your explanation really helped me understand nanami's feelings
Nov 25, 2018 12:18 AM
Dec 2015
This continues to be rly good.. Touko is a little difficult like she has unreasonable expectations. Idk u can’t tell someone “don’t fall in love with anyone else” and then be disappointed if they start to fall for u.. I feel like she’s more in love with the idea of this girl who can’t like her back so she feels safe experienceing like, a crush w/out having to deal with.. I would finish this but it’s 3 am I’m tired as shit and can’t articulate myself
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

248 by ViSpace »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

84 by ViSpace »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

62 by ViSpace »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

63 by ViSpace »»
Yesterday, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

103 by ViSpace »»
Yesterday, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.