3It was OK
9.3%
2Disliked it
3.4%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.4
378 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2018 10:15 AM
Apr 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh the season finale, and what a rollercoaster it was. The OK hand gesture at the end there was also quite funny. What a great way to wrap up a show like this.

And also, the announcement for Hoshiiro Girldrop season 2. Does that mean there'll be a Pop Team Epic season 2?
Mar 24, 2018 10:23 AM
Mar 2018
i not sure about season 2
but there will be an event for this anime...
sept 15 and 16 2018

this anime got 1st place in twitter japan trend lol
follow by aoi shota (^o^; who appear live action for this ep...
Mar 24, 2018 10:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally ended the worst anime series of this winter!!!
Sorry, but this last episode was bad too!!!
yes, you can smile, but fool developments and the bad jokes and the tries to innovate, it´s not synonym that is nice!!!
Mar 24, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
Ah the events of Episode 1 come back to haunt the crew...the Nihility Farce (of Popuko and Pipimi) vs. Takeshobo, the epic battle of Pop Team Epic!!!

Ah...the UchuuPeople segment came back with a farewell song...so fitting as it is for a shitty series...

Next season, we shall reign with hegemony...and sparks the end of King Records and Pipimii...

Resounding ending...of Pop Team Epic, gonna miss this series :(
Mar 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty funny finale. Both parts were similar, but the voice acting was different. This was a fun show to watch, but some of the jokes and references fell flat to me. I can't tell if the second season announcement is a troll or not, but I wouldn't mind if there is one.
Mar 24, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
Popuko and Pipimi did a better job fighting against King, than Sword did in Garo.

Really sad that this is over. This anime is one of the best things that happened to me in my life.
Mar 24, 2018 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Season 2 confirmed?

Hoshiiro Girldrop what a ride that final was heartfelt and very sad, too bad they have to deus ex machina and revive Sosogu just so they can crash grab season 2

but if it quality as this season than i have no complaint
Mar 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
I died while seeing Aoi Shouta dance

Epic fusion.

Incomprehsensible masterpiece,none of MAls ratings could do it justice,that's why I leave it unrated.But anime of the century for sure.

Regarding season 2,hope once that this show isn't trolling xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2018 11:59 AM
Apr 2014
well, it was fun while it lasted.

I didn't expect they did a Fate/Grand Order reference of all things.
Mar 24, 2018 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
sosogu should just get married already
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 24, 2018 12:34 PM

May 2016
the worst anime I completed for the moment with Ousama : Game the animation...
Mar 24, 2018 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
I love the Tree of the Heart song so much! Amazing finale.
Weakness is a sin!
Mar 24, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2017
No hambaga, ????/10

How did Sosogu survive, they better explain it in season 2.
cunnysseur
Mar 24, 2018 1:10 PM
Jul 2012
11/10 would watch again
Mar 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
This was an amazing episode, they even found a way to excuse the re-runs with that time travel thing.
I'm so danm happy they confirmed a 2nd season for Hoshiiro Girldrop

Emilia is trash
Mar 24, 2018 1:29 PM

Aug 2015
Ah yes, it wouldn't be Pop Team Epic without going after Takeshobo.
Mar 24, 2018 1:29 PM
Jan 2013
Well, this was by far the worst piece of shit i've whatched since Mekakucity Actors aired. 2/10 and only because Aoi Shouta and Sosogu-chan
Mar 24, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
You'll want to watch both segments of this one as their are a couple of different skits and other changes between them. Fun series, incomprehensible in parts and always unpredictable.
Mar 24, 2018 1:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ah yes, the salt are going to be delicious in this thread now that the anime is finished ...

Now lets see if that Hoshiiro Drop season 2 is a hint for a PTE season 2 or just a troll ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also theres an event for the anime in September like ame77 said soooo ...
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 24, 2018 1:45 PM

Feb 2017
I'm going to miss Poputepipikku so much...
Obviously, it's impossible for every person to have exactly the same sense of humor. But Pop Team Epic fits my taste perfectly. Especially this last episode, whoa. More Takeshobo hate is always good! I'm kinda upset there was no "hambaga" skit, but oh well.
Even though I knew Aoi Shouta only from minor roles, now I think he's cute and funny. Thanks, PTE!
And here I have a theory: we'll get full Hishiiro Girldrop episodes and previews are going to be Poputepipikku.
By the way, by any chance, was "Poputepipikku~nanoda" Tensai Bakabon reference? Because from all anime I've ever watched, only Bakabon's Papa ends his sentences with "~nanoda". Also, I'm pretty sure Pipimi on the promo picture is dressed as him, she makes a very similar pose to his.

Oh, and since it's the last episode and this is my only chance to say that: dear people who say "Poputepipikku is shit" or things lik this: slap yourselves really hard. It's not shit, it's just you don't like it. No one would like it if it was bad.
Now I'm relieved.
Mar 24, 2018 2:09 PM

Nov 2015
hell yeah was just hoping for this announcement, another season of hoshiiro girl<< Need bride route.
Mar 24, 2018 2:11 PM

May 2012
Damn, it's almost to hard to realise this is the last episode, but what an episode! Really intense as hell and a great final for this season!!! For an anime of a 4koma meta comedy, this anime adaptation was pretty solid AF if you ask me and with that kind of announcement at the ending I really do wonder what a possible second season will be like!

This is the first and probably also the last anime I will watch airing, but well it sure was worth it to break the rules for once!

I probably will rewatch it soon and binge it to get everything nice in order, but still it was great to expect an episode each Saturday full of epicness what we call Pop Team Epic!
RafaelDeJonghMar 24, 2018 3:45 PM
Mar 24, 2018 2:34 PM

Dec 2017
i’m gonna miss this shit so bad:(

more Pop Team Epic is always good you know, at least make it 6 cour more, an OVA, ONA, Special, 3 movies, and 1 recap movie each cour, and i’m good to letting it go:(

wish they stick to the storyboard you know, that 3 frame of cute Popuko and Pipimi... i want more:(

i laugh my ass of when the synthesis in the first half turn into a freaking kiwi. and that invasion to Takeshobo building, it’s pretty cool.

if PTE stick faithfully to the 4-koma manga, i bet it wouldn’t as famous as it is right now, it even reaching 4000 dvd/bluray sales. such a high number for a piece of shit!

RIP 2018-2018 hope Popuko and Pipimi legacy will live on, engrave into our hearts.

Hoshiiro Girldrop better explain in S2 what’s happening with the plot twist back then.
Mar 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2017
I unironically believe this is one of the most inventive and ground-breaking series to come out in a while. I also love their non-traditional style(s) of animation and their use of stop-motion.
I will insert Yugioh into everything and you can't fucking stop me
Mar 24, 2018 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
RavingRandy said:
I unironically believe this is one of the most inventive and ground-breaking series to come out in a while. I also love their non-traditional style(s) of animation and their use of stop-motion.

While it was mostly the parodying and random absurdity, they did do tremendous work on details and quality of some segments (The Opening sequence, Hellshake Yano, Takeshobo attack this episode), which would have been expected of actual series but somehow they can't even... well. It was nice, I have personally liked the Bob Team Epic, but I hope it stops here as more memes is not something industry really needs. Even though they were funnie.
Re:formed
Mar 24, 2018 3:06 PM
May 2013
It was a fun ride, a weird one but a good one.
Also female VA > male VA
Mar 24, 2018 3:09 PM

Sep 2013
Aoi Shouta XD BASED
Takeshobo wasn't the bad guy, it was King Records :O
Mar 24, 2018 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
Where's the guy telling us the VAs this episode?? Need you man/woman/whatever

Some scenes change in both sections, huh, they really did their best this episode.

The main skit this episde is the best one (so far). No hambaga though.

I can share the hate for King Records, stop flagging videos for copyright, you f*cks. I hope this doesn't degenerate into 'lore' because if there's something that could ruin this series, it's that

Wait, did Aoi Shouta just dab? Holy crap, this show hasn't changed. And I like that.

Do I seem upset? I'm not upset

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, final thoughts.

If there's a sentence that defines Pop Team Epic, it surely is 'Hit and Miss', sometimes it makes hilarious comedy and sometimes it fails at it. That said, there aren't many other bad things I can say about it: animation is fine, CGI is done well, there is no music (besides the random music videos), the VAs are in-cre-di-ble and most importantly, it is very original.

PTE is one of those shows that really took the spotlight this season (I'm talking like an expert but I don't even watch anime by season lol) and it's due to many factors: it's unique artstyle (really you can tell in a second if a manga/DJ is by bkub because of that work's character faces), its random comedy and, of course, memes.

And really, I don't know if it was any of these things, but it makes me want more. More lame jokes, more unecesarily expensive music videos and live action, more god-tier Seiyuus, more obscure references, more and more. A Second Season is what I need, and apparently is what I'll be granted.

One of my favorites this season, even if it objectively isn't that good. Fun times were had by all, or by me, at least.

6/10

Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 24, 2018 3:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
HitSquare said:
Where's the guy telling us the VAs this episode?? Need you man/woman/whatever

coming in to save the day !

Part A : Koyama Mami x Mitsuishi Kotono
Part B : Hayami Show x Nakata Jouji
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 24, 2018 3:52 PM
Jan 2018
The repetition of "Are you upset" was a truly glorious moment
Mar 24, 2018 3:52 PM

Sep 2015
Classic LOVE or HATE anime, i guess I'm on the love side so.

I understand people who disliked this anime, i think it was also one of the they objectives from the beginning.
Mar 24, 2018 4:17 PM
Jun 2016
I love how everyones now doing proper black holes since interstellar :>
Mar 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Jul 2016
10/10, anime of the year. Eat your heart out Devilman Crybaby.

Hope that the Hoshiiro Girl Drop season two confirmation means PTE is getting a season two (though they have previously said it would not be).
Mar 24, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2017
"No one is complaining (except you)"

A quote that ranks with "This is why we can't have nice things."

If they make a season 2 I hope it's completely different, but still innovative.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Mar 24, 2018 4:53 PM

Sep 2016
Based Nakata and Hayami, i had a feeling they would show up in the last episode.

Also didn't expect Mami Koyama of all people to show up as Popuko lol.

1000/10. A true Masterpiece. Props to the guys at Kamikaze Douga (Especially the directors Jun Aoki and Aoi Umeki) French-kun Thibault Tresca and also the producer Kotaro Sudo , Uchuu People, AC-bu and Space Cat Company.

Edit: Almost forgot about our hero kuso manga boy bkub Ookawa :)
PolarCyrus97Mar 24, 2018 4:57 PM
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 24, 2018 5:33 PM

Dec 2015
Lol at the unexpected Aoi Shouta cameo, sasuga King Records.

This is Shoutan's second live-action ED...
Mar 24, 2018 5:37 PM

May 2015
Eh, glad that this is over to be honest. It was funny for a one time episode in my opinion, but that's it.

4/10.

Mar 24, 2018 6:05 PM
Jan 2008
....this was both one of the funniest things this year so far and most stupid LOL.

The Tree of Life Song was funny but not as iconic as 'LETS POP TOGETHER'

BOB TEAM MEME was stupid

The OP is a bop.

Either the Hoshiro Girldrop promo is trolling or that was PTE's way of saying we're getting a second season.

That Ending....LOL. I wasn't expecting that to be live action. Shouta Aoi just randomly came out of nowhere man...

Though in the female half, I was like, 'WAIT WE DONT GET TO SEE IF PIPIMI LIVES????'
Mar 24, 2018 6:37 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm one of the people who LOVE this show! It was hilarious, entertaining, and never been boring. I'm also used to seeing insane crazy stuff in shows I watch so this type of anime has been my cup of tea. :P

I never imagined I'd hear the voice of Arale/Big Mom for Popuko and Sailor Moon/Boa Hancock for Pipimi. xD Then there's the voice of Aizen and Kotomine Kirei respectively. xD

This anime is so random, but fun. I'm gonna miss all the wacky shenanigans. But I'm excited for Hoshiro Girldrop season 2! :D Can't wait. :P
Mar 24, 2018 7:37 PM

Dec 2017
Reverberate said:
Eh, glad that this is over to be honest. It was funny for a one time episode in my opinion, but that's it.

4/10.

i agree, there was only one episode that i was really impressed about, sadly, every other one wasn't any good
Mar 24, 2018 7:39 PM

Dec 2017
the production was top notch, so much creativity and displaying it in so many different ways was really amazing, but that's clearly not enough if the gags are bad and if just a handful of people gets the references they put in
Mar 24, 2018 8:09 PM

Aug 2015
Well, that's a wrap for Pop meme epic. Loved that Nakata Jouji was there to finish things off.
Kind of doubt there will be a second season since this anime is such a troll but who knows. If there is, I'll still watch it.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Mar 24, 2018 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
enjoyed the deconstruction of certain genres/tropes

glad to see it take the piss out of moeshit anime and also liked if not necessarily enjoyed its experimentation with form, like "hellshake yano"
Mar 24, 2018 8:30 PM

Aug 2017
Goodbye Pop Team Epic! Underrated anime, hidden gem of the season, masterpiece. Thank you for the funny moments, amazing voices actors and parodies. Popuko and Pipimi! I will miss you so much! 4/5 for the anime. 9/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 24, 2018 8:36 PM

Apr 2016
well, at the end I just have to say...
that was f*cking awesome.
my first impression of this series was that I couldn't stand it, but I stuck with it and ended up meshing with its madness and at the end I loved it!
so did the Hoshiro Girldrop season 2 announcement really mean Pop Team Epic season 2 or was it just a gag...?
Mar 24, 2018 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
The one time watching the episode twice made sense lol.
I feel like the "King Records" is a reference to an actual company. I'm curious about the history about it. I also want to know the game reference in the beginning (both of then) and who that fabulous guy was. Was he a yuri on ice VA or something?
Unlike the previous episodes that didn't change the 2nd part much this one had a decent amount of difference, forcing you to watch it all lol. Oh Pop Team Epic you scrubs. I like the song too. If you complain, you are not trying hard enough lolol
I think I liked this series because of how weird it was and that it just doesn't care. Haters will hate and I think I admire that it does what it wants.
SamBlack said:
well, at the end I just have to say...
that was f*cking awesome.
my first impression of this series was that I couldn't stand it, but I stuck with it and ended up meshing with its madness and at the end I loved it!
so did the Hoshiro Girldrop season 2 announcement really mean Pop Team Epic season 2 or was it just a gag...?

Yes you really do grow to love it. My fiancee and his friend did the same lol.
DanaRenaMar 24, 2018 9:05 PM
My friend made my forum pic.
Mar 24, 2018 9:45 PM
Oct 2012
DanaRena said:
I feel like the "King Records" is a reference to an actual company. I'm curious about the history about it.

King Records is the producer of the anime.
Mar 24, 2018 10:04 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I knew it was Nakata Jouji and Hayami Show in the second part and its oozing with manliness

4/10
Mar 24, 2018 10:06 PM

Mar 2014
>#1 trending on twitter
>hoshiiro girldrop season 2 confirmed

Jesus is Japan embracing the meme a bit too hard?

Mar 25, 2018 12:07 AM

Sep 2016
Noooo, i don't want this to be over...
Exemplary production, creativity, weird humor that only the creators truly get (and that's what makes it awesome), this anime has it all. 9/10 no hambaga tho
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Poputepipikku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Jan 6, 2018

379 by panzeruwu »»
Aug 23, 2023 6:50 AM

Poll: » Poputepipikku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 17, 2018

69 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Poputepipikku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xeogran - Feb 17, 2018

105 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Poputepipikku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mxxxstation - Feb 3, 2018

98 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 1, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Poputepipikku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lelouch0202 - Jan 27, 2018

97 by fukumenkei »»
Dec 28, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.