3It was OK
7.4%
2Disliked it
6.7%
1Hated it
4.3%
Average 4.3
299 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2017 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, this was hard to watch especially with the Mud Whale being attacked like that.
Bodies were dropping to the ground fast. It's like the country just got caught themselves in a war.

The made the violence look realistic too, which is something that I thought was well done. RIP Sami.

Ouni is such a badass tbh, definitely on another level compared to some of the others in Mud Whale. Lykos isn't to be underestimated either.
Oct 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Mar 2014
Yet another anime where main hero is a pussy. I loughted when even while being attacked this leader guy said that they can't respond with violence. I hope that main hero will toughten up and whole story won't be naively pacifistic.
Oct 22, 2017 11:40 AM

Feb 2016
Andrzej2 said:
Yet another anime where main hero is a pussy. I loughted when even while being attacked this leader guy said that they can't respond with violence. I hope that main hero will toughten up and whole story won't be naively pacifistic.

Chakuro fought back at least, I can give him some credit.

Didn't quite understand why did they pull out though, I hope they explain more about the politics in the next episode.. and all those weird greek names.
Nice fights, although it didn't progress in the way I'd expect. Nothing really happened outside of that and the conflict seemed kinda vague.. also that pink haired guy is super annoying and kinda broke the mood.

By the way, that top tier chick reminds me of my waifu Kyouko. XD I hope she plays some bigger role. XD
Oct 22, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
A lot happened in this episode, many deaths could have been avoided if they wouldn't took Rikos with them. When the elders said that it was time for the punishment I thought that they did something really bad in their past but it wasn't that, and during the attack they didn't even appear to give some sort of relief, now I hate those fuckers. Ouni was the only one who fought back when he saw his friends being attacked, he did what he had to under those circumstances. Chakuro really had a bad time, ryodari is a complete son of a bitch. Really I'm looking for what's gonna happen next episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 22, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
Wow that start was brutal, I knew what I was getting into after last ep's ending; but still.
Can't blame others for not doing what Ouni did. They have been brainwashed to not use violence and be punished for resorting to it. If Suou didn't see him, he would have gotten himself killed for sure. This is why keeping info from the population to maintain peace is not a great idea; they could have been preparing during the time they wasted, since the geezers knew the "punishment" was coming.
Ryodari has just appeared, but is already on my list of characters I hope to see die in a horrible way lol.
Oct 22, 2017 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Andrzej2 said:

The guys of the Mud Whale never known real conflict, let alone a war. No wonder they reacted like that.

There was instances like that in our own history, notably during the colonization of America by the Europeans. Some tribes didn't even know what a weapon was, they simply got killed without offering any resistance.

And like said by Aquamirror, Chakuro did react once the initial shock passed.
Oct 22, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Andrzej2 said:
Yet another anime where main hero is a pussy.

You can't expect a kitten to become a tiger out of nowhere, not if that kitten is trained on other subjects that doesn't involve fighting
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 22, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
Well that was quite hard to watch... fuck that clown faces... RIP Sami :(

well so the "sin" was to capture that girl? and just because of that they will to slaughter em? that's really cruel... can't wait for the next episode!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty brutal episode.

Was really sad to see the people of Fallaina being massacred like that, Sami confirmed dead. T.T

Are the soldiers being controlled as puppets or something? Their movements seem sluggish and weird, sometimes they attack fast and other times they seem to be slow as if they are processing what they should do next.

I like Lykos with her hair down.

I almost instantly disliked the Pink haired dude, that surprised even me.

Oni's my favorite character so far. Was really cool when he fought back and it does seem like he's the only one taking steps towards survival at this point.
Looking forward to next episode and information on the political scenario of the world.
Oct 22, 2017 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
lady_freyja said:
Andrzej2 said:

The guys of the Mud Whale never known real conflict, let alone a war. No wonder they reacted like that.

There was instances like that in our own history, notably during the colonization of America by the Europeans. Some tribes didn't even know what a weapon was, they simply got killed without offering any resistance.

Hahahahahahaha... read up on some history of the Americas before and during the European settlement. Read up on the Commanche Empire, the Iroquois Wars, the Aztecs, The Maya, The Inca, and all of their predecessor empires...
Oct 22, 2017 4:55 PM
Oct 2017
Wow I am really blown away by the atmosphere of the anime I think it is a nice catch for this season :3
Oct 22, 2017 6:42 PM
Nov 2014
Is this episode up anywhere? I can't find it and due to lack of response on the forum I'd say I wan't alone
Oct 22, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 2017
If you can understand french I can provide you with the link.
Oct 22, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2015
This was a very heavy episode to watch. So many people died. It was heartbreaking to see them being massacred like that. Chakuro tried to fight back, but he couldn't do much. Oni was amazing fighting those guys. He's the only one willing to get his hands dirty. I instantly hate that pink haired guy. I hope he dies. Even if it's forbidden to cry at funerals, everyone couldn't help it. That was so sad.
Oct 22, 2017 9:54 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode. Though I disliked the amount of talking they all did when there are guys 3 meters away about to stab you in the middle of a mass assault. But this happens so often in anime so whatever.

Really this episode is summed up by saying. Fuck Clowns.
Oct 22, 2017 10:10 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This ended up being more brutal than I originally thought.....

I expected Taisha to probably die at some point in this series but not like this....She honestly did not deserve to die like this :( I felt so bad for that dude that's clearly in love with her too because now he has to live with this instead of being able to pass on with her like I thought he was going to

Chakuro went through hell himself and I can't even begin to image how Sami's brother feels or even Lykos since they probably found the Sand Whale because of her AND because these are her people being ordered by her older brother (Whom is interesting but at the same time is a disgusting human being for even sanctioning these purges)

And that brings me to these murderers.....Even though I hate them, I'm really intrigued to learn more about them because the way some of them moved made it seem like they might just be mindless dolls or something along the nature of that.....But then again, the guy in charge seemed pretty "normal" and then there's the psychopath that almost killed Chakuro....God I hope he dies

The best part of this episode without a doubt was Ouni and I 100% fucks with him after this episode because not only is he a complete badass, but he's one of the few people who has the right attitude as to how to handle this situation and he proved it by not only getting revenge, but getting useful intel as well

Overall this was another great episode, but man the tragedy really made it bitter sweet for me.....RIP to all the lost souls man :( These damn elders has a lot of explaining to do if they survived all this

P.S. Chakuro's hidden power has some promise so I'm looking forward to seeing it explored further in a way where he learns to better defend himself with it

Oct 22, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
dbaranyi said:
lady_freyja said:

Hahahahahahaha... read up on some history of the Americas before and during the European settlement. Read up on the Commanche Empire, the Iroquois Wars, the Aztecs, The Maya, The Inca, and all of their predecessor empires...

Thank you.
While I was speaking of the massacre of the Arawaks by Christopher Colombus, the very first tribe he encountered in the Caribbean. It's Colombus himself who said in his diary that they don't know what a sword is, hurting themselves by taking it by the blade.
He also noted that they were regularly enslaved by others tribes, because they don't defend themselves.
The Awaraks story is often used to shows how cruel Colombus was.

Both in the Carabean and in the Amazon there was some isolated tribes like that, there is still some in the Amazon.
Some are aggressive (like, outside of the Amazon, there is the Sentinelese who are quite famous), but others are just like the people in the Mud Whale, coming with big smiles before guns or blades pointed to them…well, before the first deaths, that is.

Say, rather than thinking that someone is that much ignorant, especially about such common knowledge like the American empires and confederations, and immediately going aggressive and mocking on it, you could ponder 5 minutes wondering about what am I speaking, perhaps?
removed-userOct 22, 2017 10:49 PM
Oct 22, 2017 11:31 PM

Dec 2016
What a massacre that was, they showed no mercy whatsoever, and unfrotuantely Sami was indeed dead from protecting Chakuro.

Ouni was such a badass, Chakuro's power looked promising for a moment but he has no real combat skills at this point, he could do a lot of training to get better in order to protect everyone.

I want to see Sami avenged and especially see Ryodari get what he deserves at some point after the way he acted.
LukesYGO_WSonYTOct 23, 2017 1:39 AM
Oct 22, 2017 11:33 PM

Oct 2012
Ouch, that was a brutal episode. RIP Sami, and Ouni is badass. Really liking this anime so far.
Oct 23, 2017 12:08 AM

Mar 2009
What the hell was this? I thought this is supposed to be a happy Ghibli-esque anime? Why so brutal, all of a sudden? Those clown fuckers even killed little kids. Poor Sami, too.

Man. I was not expecting that sudden turn here.
Oct 23, 2017 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder why the soldier's took pauses from their massacring to let the characters talk to each other. And then there's that crazy guy who doesn't seem very emotionless at all. I'm hoping to get explanations, but we'll see.

I wonder what they plan to do when they come back. Most of their population don't even want to fight back right now, and the elders are hiding in their towers :/
Oct 23, 2017 1:37 AM

Mar 2016
Where did you find this episode?!
Oct 23, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2007
What an episode!
Such a shocking turn of events. For the people living peacefully, without wars and not even knowing there are other inhabitants of the world it must have been like the world is turning upside down.

From the very first episode I was curious what the elderly know, I hope 4th episode will give some answers to that.

I was kind of shocked by Suou pacifistic approach. His people were being slaughtered and he claims that violence can not be answered with violence.

Props to Aniki for not being a passive witness and defending his friends. He even got some intelligence on enemy's plans.

Can't wait to see more of this series. 5/5
Oct 23, 2017 3:01 AM

Feb 2015
This is shaping up to be an interesting series. It looks great as well it's a shame Netflix have it. Anywayits clear those with emotion are persecuted and in this case they as massacred. How many times have we seen this in real life down the ages?

I want to see how they will get out of this situation it will only be a week before they return and kill everyone.
Oct 23, 2017 3:17 AM

Mar 2010
Such a shocking and great episode. I didn't expect a shoujo anime to have this much violence, let alone PG 13, lol.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Oct 23, 2017 4:02 AM

Nov 2016
What a massacre,Sami and many others felt victim to and that wasn't even the real assault yet :/

That new character Lion is just an asshole,can't even take his behaviour and attitude serious and he has nothing against my man

Great show so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2017 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
Barely managed to finish the episode. Usually I don't bother criticizing but the this time I am too frustrated! How the hell did they managed to create such a disaster with only one episode? The so called genoside was awkward to watch - an enemy trying to catch and kill the main guy and instead in the last second when only a hit is needed goes after some children that came in the middle of no where for the "plot" sake. The episode so full of these really strange reactions and unconsistencies. After the build up from the first two episodes this sort of development was really disappointing >>
If it does not go back on track I will be dropping it.
Oct 23, 2017 4:40 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Wow, I had read the manga and know what was going to happen in the first half, but had read only up until just before Liontari appeared. For an emotionless guy, he's pretty intense. I dunno, though... I kinda liked him, other than, y'know, being an obnoxious murder junkie... I think it's strange that he's voiced by Yamashita Daiki (Deku@BnHA, Onoda@YowaPed) who afaik has only played nice guys. But it's nice to see/hear him in a different kind of role.

It's really hard to wait for next week's episode. And damn if the manga hasn't been scanlated past this point, unless someone else has picked it back up. The tankoubon doesn't come out until January, either.

Lots of replies, so each one is in a spoiler tag to make this post shorter-looking. There are no actual spoilers.

Reply to @el_morris:

Reply to @HereticHunter and @Andrzej2:

Another eply to @HereticHunter:

Reply to @eXtacy67:

Reply to @Tokoya:

Reply to @lady_freyja:

Reply to @Ando:

Reply to @Rythme:
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 23, 2017 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
I had a feeling after seeing the cliffhanger ending from the previous episode that this episode would be brutal, but it was FAR more brutal than I ever anticipated.

Just seeing the emotionless clown-soldiers kill the innocent humans of the Mud Whale without any sign of remorse or emotion is hard to take. The scene with Chakuro as he carried the lifeless corpse of Sami, not believing at first that she's dead, then eventually crying over her was heartbreaking to watch. D=

It was good of Chakuro to try and fight back the best he could do, but Ouni was very savage though. After seeing two of his friend dead before him, I don't blame him for going all out and killing all the clown soldiers around him. They did deserve it after all. =/

With Lykos herself staying on the Mud Whale thanks to her brother's command, they'll be back in seven days to fully wipe everyone on the Mud Whale out. I expect of the next episode to have some sort of training to help more people to prepare themselves for the next invasion.

Also, RIP Lady Taishi. It was sad to see her die as well. D=
Oct 23, 2017 6:03 AM
Nov 2016
That was VERY difficult to watch because of all the innocent people being killed, even kids.

Chakuro needs to get his act together and toughen up.

Ouni kicked some serious ass tho.
Oct 23, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Rythme said:
Such a shocking and great episode. I didn't expect a shoujo anime to have this much violence, let alone PG 13, lol.

kyoudai said:
Your guess is better than mine why it's considered shoujo. It's published in Monthly Mystery Bonita, which isn't really really shoujo per se, but seems like most of its titles are categorized as shoujo here on MAL.

The Bonita iterations are definitely shōjo magazines, you can check on the editor's website, where "ミステリーボニータ" is in the shōjo section.

Seriously I'm glad, if this anime and the up-coming Banana Fish (which is far worse in term of violence and "darkness") teach some people that yes, shōjo can be pretty mature and serious.
The level of violence in Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau is not surprising for a shōjo. It's not that common, but not unheard of either.

Top Secret is an other example of very mature and dark shōjo anime.
I wish more shōjo manga like that were adapted into anime. Maybe the opinion about « shōjo » will change, at least a little.
Oct 23, 2017 6:29 AM

Sep 2015
2 ships were sunk this episode and possibly more that only existed with he anime's background characters.
Oct 23, 2017 6:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Can't really describe it too well but this episode was a mess in my eyes.

The antagonists were just awkward to watch (pretty much clown-masked, we can't even see their faces), the one dude with pink hair was the icing on the cake for me not to take this as serious as they made it out to be.

Ouni and the green-haired guy are pretty much the only characters i can care for and i have a feeling that both will die at some point as well.

Oct 23, 2017 6:53 AM
Oct 2017
[/quote]
Smudy said:
Can't really describe it too well but this episode was a mess in my eyes.

The antagonists were just awkward to watch (pretty much clown-masked, we can't even see their faces), the one dude with pink hair was the icing on the cake for me not to take this as serious as they made it out to be.

Ouni and the green-haired guy are pretty much the only characters i can care for and i have a feeling that both will die at some point as well.

I think clown masked looks cool,they reminded me of Linbulm or alexandria soldiers from FF9. I agree with you about that pink haired guy, he's kind of annoying and why he's still have his emotion and not considered as a sinner?
Oct 23, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this was a brutal episode, with dozens of people killed off just like that, including a few fairly prominent characters. However, what stuck out to me more was how annoying that new pink-haired guy is, and how much I want him to die after just a few minutes of screen time; also, if they aren't supposed to have emotions, why the hell does he have distinct sadistic tendencies? Shouldn't he be deemed a sinner and wiped out in the genocide as well?
Oct 23, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2015
Typical story line so far, I gotta say. The sudden invasion from some unknown armies, people get killed even the "leader", the MC meet with a "sickly sadistic" person but he get another "chance" to live.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 23, 2017 7:57 AM
Oct 2017
I spent a fair chunk of the episode feeling kind of disappointed. This purple-haired person was so overthetop it was painful to wait for them to leave the screen. I get it, it's the edgy character who feeds off genocide. It's so cliche and immature, I was expecting way better from this anime somehow ? It broke my immersion. I had a hard time reconnecting with the story afterwards but thankfuly the funerals were beautiful and managed to get me invested again.

Some bits felt very awkward as well, like the soldiers carefully waiting for everyone to be done talking... And not bothering to finish their slaughter, that is already scheduled to happen anyway one week later, just tossing away their overwhelming surprise attack and giving them the opportunity to find a way to flee/hide/fight back ? This is a huge waste of time and ressources in favor of obvious plot... And of course the MC awakening some secret power out of despair, I saw this one coming from the other side of space

But I did enjoy the realistic reaction the mud whale people had : total helplessness. I've seen a bunch of people complaining about the scared MC (who is a *CHILD*) but I wonder what they would have done in this situation themselves ? I believe most of us have never been involved in war nor practiced wielding blades and spears

I guess I'll keep watching the next episodes out of habit but this one felt so meh it took me by surprise. I'm annoyed because I truly loved the two first episodes :( awww
Oct 23, 2017 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Now this is only worth watching for Ouni. I'm not digging this anime at all.
Oct 23, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
Personally, I hated this episode. All of the things I found appealing about the first two episodes were gone and I felt like I was watching an entirely different series. like seriously, did we really need a war plot with an obviously evil effeminate villain and a generic wacky sociopath? the promise of the unique setting and atmosphere of the first episode and most of episode 2 became a generic slog of poorly executed fight scenes, deaths that leave no impact and characters that walked straight out of kabaneri of the iron fortress.

I'm quite disappointed and most likely won't be continuing this show now.
Oct 23, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
I had high expectations for this anime since I saw the trailers but I gotta say I'm disappointed... I'm just not feeling it.
And why there's a super sadistic guy, aren't those soldiers supposed to not have feelings? Or did I get it wrong?
The deaths were brutal but I can't say I felt much since there was no time to get attached to anyone really.
The villains are boring, the sadistic guy was so stereotypical I can't even take it seriously.
For now this anime has only the visuals going for it. I love the ending song too but I can't say this is something that'll made me keep watching.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 23, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expected this episode to be that brutal, yikes.

Although, with this episode I can really see people go two ways with this. I think because of its setting, it can come off as normal for that type of stuff from happening. It is supposed to be "fantasy" but I like this type of twist honestly. It gives a wider range of the world itself.

Also, to give another thing: I like the funeral scene the most, while it is sour and painful, its beautiful in its own way. Sure, you might not feel for the rest of the characters that got killed, but fact of the matter is that its a loss for those people, and its pretty clear and shown in this episode. Agree or not, besides I don't think its possible to flesh out everyone in there in the span of 12 episodes anyways. It's to build up the world and to know how its like in that world, which is appreciated to see.
Oct 23, 2017 10:26 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
lady_freyja said:
Rythme said:

kyoudai said:
Your guess is better than mine why it's considered shoujo. It's published in Monthly Mystery Bonita, which isn't really really shoujo per se, but seems like most of its titles are categorized as shoujo here on MAL.

The Bonita iterations are definitely shōjo magazines, you can check on the editor's website, where "ミステリーボニータ" is in the shōjo section.

Seriously I'm glad, if this anime and the up-coming Banana Fish (which is far worse in term of violence and "darkness") teach some people that yes, shōjo can be pretty mature and serious.
The level of violence in Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau is not surprising for a shōjo. It's not that common, but not unheard of either.

Top Secret is an other example of very mature and dark shōjo anime.
I wish more shōjo manga like that were adapted into anime. Maybe the opinion about « shōjo » will change, at least a little.

Interesting. I would have considered it either josei or seinen based on demographic, so goes to show what I know. Don't get me wrong, though, I've really enjoyed a lot of shoujo manga and anime. I know it's not all silly romance. Just that it does seem a little dark for (what I consider/ed) shoujo. It's so close in theme, at least, to Shin Sekai yori (sci-fi, mystery, horror, psychological, supernatural, drama) and Suisei no Gargantia (action, sci-fi, adventure, mecha) that I wouldn't have considered it shoujo just for that reason.
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
Oct 23, 2017 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
What a painful episode to watch. I expected something but not this brutality.

Sami :'( ........I still had hope.......Why is always the character I like the most?
Oct 23, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, I was not expecting Ouni to be that good in a fight. Last week's cliffhanger had me expecting the worst but I suppose they wouldn't kill off everyone or we'd have no show.

Wouldn't be surprised if this turned into an anyone could die story. Mud Whale people are gonna have to make some changes if they want to be ready for another attack but I don't expect a rock solid defense considering how badly they got hit this episode. Not to mention a lot of them can't stand the sight of blood so that doesn't bode well either.

Also wondering if they're going to venture away from the Mud Whale altogether if they end up with only a small number of people left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
So, this guys didn't get the memo that said people died when they are killed? I mean, if a guy is stabbed in the throath you run away as fast as possible.
They did saw a lot of their own people dying, the anime begins with a woman dying...maybe they never saw someone getting killed, but dude I thought that was too weird.
Beautiful long haired blonde man, I love you, but you are naive af.
But, it is interesting to see how all of this is a reflection of their culture.

Errr...fucsia hair boy is pretty energetic for a "emotionless soldier".
And the enemies are kinda dumb for soldiers, some just stayed there waiting the guys they have to kill finish their talk XD

Interesting episode, kinda frustrating in a way. I wanted to scream to the guy who slapped Ouni, fuck u bro.

The funeral scene was beautiful, but, I wonder if they understand the problem they are dealing with right now.
taynisOct 23, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 23, 2017 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
this got tragic real fast
Oct 23, 2017 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
Frankly, this lapel similar to Tomino's, I did not expect it from now on, I was very surprised. This show is evolving in a very interesting way, I hope it does not ruin going on with the episodes. I look forward to the next episode.
Oct 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
I get that violence isn't common in Mud Whale, but did all of the characters need to act like brainless idiots for half the episode? Finally, Ouni came and kicked ass, he and Lykos are my favorite character so far.

I'm hoping that the cast continues to shrink because the show is so frustrating when it spends so much time juggling between dozens of extra characters who I really couldn't care less about.
Oct 23, 2017 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
The art, settings, music, and the story are pretty damn good but the directing is really fucking bad. The music doesn't really fit some of the scenes although they are good standalone. Most of the soldiers just stand there doing nothing or walking slower than Neil Armstrong walking on the fucking moon. I peeked at the manga and it looks like they are trying to stay as similar as possible but it just doesn't work as an anime. Also I am kinda disappointed the protag is kinda a bitch but it makes sense based on how he grown up and I can see development coming. Everyone else are just even bigger pussies and Ouni is the only one getting shit done.

I really want to like this series so I just hope the directing of the action sequences and everything else gets better.
Oct 23, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
I'm also on the boat of those who found this episode really messy in many ways.

It was so bad at giving the sens of urgency needed.

It's about their lives! Even if you don't fight, you run, you move, you do anything, ... you don't make a speech in a calm manner while people are being killed.
But here it's "please be calm! chieftain is dead!"
Pathetic.

Bad over-the-top kid has no feeling? Wrong! He's completely enjoying the situation (killing people) which is in the end the complete opposite of "no feeling". I'm pretty sure he would cry if one would tell him he doesn't have the right anymore to kill people.

and to keep the story rolling, after a little bit of "necessary" slaughter, they stop, of course, you must go until the 12th episode, and you won't if you kill them all at the third one.

Last but not least, the MC and his seyuu are really not my cup of tea, ... but well.

Ranting mode off. It's still a good anime and an interesting story but this episode was full of flaws.

Ysad_ZiwezhanOct 23, 2017 1:21 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 24, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.