3It was OK
15.9%
2Disliked it
7.9%
1Hated it
7.9%
Average 3.9
189 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I'm not surprised, not at all by the way with Shikimi making aggressive moves towards Shinji. She has that femme fatale feel to her character and didn't hide it much.

Regarding Guri, it seems the story is focusing on her feelings more in this episode. The thing she's been feeling is getting more tense and makes sense since it has been building up for a long time. Shikimi/Akane's rivalry just never ceases to amuse me in this show as well.
Jun 15, 2017 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Guri turned into demon and Maoh was working with Shikimi. But Guri's new look though.

The last last episode will mainly focus on Guri's feelings.

Jun 15, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode, I liked Guris make over.

Concerning her feelings,I hope we will get a satisfaying conclusion next week.

I'm kinda sad that there is only one episode left, definitely gonna miss this show :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Not gonna lie, I never liked Guri to begin with so when Seiji said she was causing trouble for him I was like "Fuck yes she is!" Shikimi licking the hell out of Seiji's lips was hilarious, specially when his eyes turned to little swirls lol
Jun 15, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Shikimi made a move on Seiji and Guri was watching the whole time. She's been manipulating her with the help of Maoh. Because of that, Guri's a demon now. She's been cleaning up the mess she made as an angel. Seiji is going to try to bring her back with the help of Yuzu.
Jun 15, 2017 1:47 PM

Apr 2011
I felt very badly for Guri. She didn't deserve that reaction and I was very angry at the MC.
I mean sure she casues trouble, but after she turned up again, asking that question...such a cold answer?
Jun 15, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
Aside from everything else, nice art tho

Jun 15, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2017
Whoa, Guri was pretty cute before, but that demon form of hers...

After all, I like that the last episodes again focus on Guri and her problems as the cupid who doesn't know love. All the other conflicts around Yuzu and Akane felt a bit more forced and artificial to me. But coming back to Guri makes sense and provides the Anime with a closure (hopefully).
Jun 15, 2017 2:09 PM

Nov 2014
While it's obvious how it will end, I still think it's incredibly stupid idea to use cliffhangers in this kind of anime.
Tho I approve of Guri's new look.
Jun 15, 2017 2:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Shikimi being a jerk as always but this time more than ever. She's so mean for messing with Guri and her feelings towards Seiji. Even though Akane is happy with her being gone, it obviously doesn't sit well with Seiji, Coraly and Yuzu.

I know Seiji can be an idiot but it was a pretty bad move on his part to say she's a nuisance and hence her turning into a demon, although I know Seiji was trying to be honest too. I loved how they nailed Guri's demon look. 11/10 so good.

Pretty sad next week is the finale. Although I wonder what content they might cut out, so far I'm glad that this series was adapted faithfully imo and I can't wait to see the final episode!
Jun 15, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2010
Seems Guri was hurt after all tho it's interesting seeing her as a devil.
Especially the way she ruined all those relationships she created it was funny to watch.
Well it seems the group has some work to do in order to remain together.
Jun 15, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was an interesting turn for Guri, guerss this story will play out to the end.
Jun 15, 2017 2:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The scene where Seiji's words kept ringing in Guri's head was excellent, probably the best scene of this show, kudos for doing it like that.

The drama was also well done. I'm on Akane's side here, Guri did that on her own (okay, Shikimi helped).
Jun 15, 2017 4:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Unfortunately this anime is really freefalling at this point, same as the manga was. The fantastic parody it started out as is pretty much non-existent at this point and instead we get... this :/
Jun 15, 2017 4:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
The scene where Seiji's words kept ringing in Guri's head was excellent, probably the best scene of this show, kudos for doing it like that.

The drama was also well done. I'm on Akane's side here, Guri did that on her own (okay, Shikimi helped).
Agreed on all accounts....I want them to save her but Guri is just so damn annoying
Jun 15, 2017 4:40 PM

Sep 2014
The blame should be mainly put on Guri herself. The fact that she was troubled and went out of her way to speak to someone else other than Seiji is her own fault.
Jun 15, 2017 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
Yo Akane and Shikimi are fucking garbage!!!
Also if Guri was causing problems why wasn't that hashed out in the beginning? Seiji accepted his role, and he even failed in teaching Guri about love as well. If anything it's Seiji's fault. My heart broke when he called her a nuisance.

Though overall it's Shikimi's fault because she a fucking bitch.

Guri just basically goes with the flow, got deceived and became a demon.

Huge props to Yuzu for sticking up for Guri, I didn't like her this whole series until that point.

This anime also wouldn't be good with out Guri's antics.
SoraSenpaiJun 15, 2017 5:11 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 15, 2017 5:18 PM
Jun 2017
There is one more episode after this one, but the manga/light novel is still going on. Were there any news on season 2 or will we know when the next episode comes out?
Jun 15, 2017 5:37 PM

May 2015
Oh my, Guri's true form looks quite nice.

Jun 15, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2011
You had one job Seiji! One job... actually, two jobs and you forgot them both!
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jun 15, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Unfortunately this anime is really freefalling at this point, same as the manga was. The fantastic parody it started out as is pretty much non-existent at this point and instead we get... this :/

Agreed. Why did they have to add all this drama? The only good thing about this episode was Yuzu. She even stood up to the onee-sama she loves so much. It's about time she had some character. Honestly this show would have been so much better if Shikimi didn't exist...

I don't see how there will be a decent, non-rushed ending next episode with all this shit.
BlondieJun 15, 2017 10:04 PM
Jun 15, 2017 10:44 PM
Feb 2017
Though I find Seiji's random outburst to be pretty out of character and forced, he makes a very valid point about Guri. I can't name very many positive things that she's done throughout the show, only incidents and general mischief. Seiji was mostly justified in calling her out on her bullshit.

But instead of taking a valid criticism to heart, and changing for the better like Guri originally seemed to be doing, we instead get a demon form, and likely Seiji having to apologize. I'm ranting, but this show was SO GOOD, but now it's resorted to melodrama.
I honestly don't know anymore.
Jun 15, 2017 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
Guri became a demon noooo
Jun 15, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2015
Well the good "thing" in the episode is Akua doesn't bother anymore with Coraly even if it's for his true form since she ridden her Trauma. But the bad part is...Seiji is picking the "wrong answer" that makes Guri become a Demon.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 16, 2017 2:45 AM

May 2016
I prefer Guri in demon form.
Jun 16, 2017 5:30 AM
Aug 2015
I really liked the song in the background when guri's transforming... someone know the name of the song...? I don't think that came from the original ost of the show, because I've heard "Dance of Knights" in other episodes. And I do not know, does not look like an original song of the show. plsss! xD
Jun 16, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
What's up with this serious and weird turn of events?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 16, 2017 5:54 AM

Dec 2013
Yuri was great in this episode!

It really is a terrible idea to listen to anything Shikimi says.

I really like Guri's demon form.
Jun 16, 2017 7:36 AM
Mar 2015
The hell arc is the best part of the manga Now we get to see some of it
Jun 16, 2017 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Seiji's just an idiot! So far he has always been so kind, and now speaks outrageous words to Guri, he deserved a good lesson from Shikimi, eheheheh!
The end of the episode is not bad, but there is not enough comedy as it was at the beginning. Let's see how they close the season.
Jun 16, 2017 8:03 AM

Mar 2013
Most serious episode yet.

Shikimi was infuriating this time around.
But that pero-pero scene was funny tho.

I'm more disappointed with MC here. It was totally his fault Guri turned into a demon.
The scene where MC rejects her and Guri transforms into a demon... it was really well executed imo.

I thought even the yandere Akane will help genuinely when the time comes, but nope, she's a bitch alright. I came to dislike her now all coz that attitude of hers. Yuzu did a good job standing against Akane. Only she was the best part of the episode.

Demon Guri looked good actually. And it was quite a funny to see her destroying all the ships build upon her fantasies before. And I'd rather it remain this way lmao.

That end card tho
Jun 16, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
Nice demon form at the end :-)

Jun 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
To be honest, Akuma-Guri looks far better than her angel form.
Jun 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2016
this episode pissed me the fuck off. like holy how dense is seiji-san? tells her she's basically a nuisance then asks 'what did I do to make her change?' *anger intensifies* as much as I like Guri's new look, I feel bad for her >___________<
Jun 16, 2017 2:02 PM

Dec 2014
Shikimi messed things up Guri looks better now
Jun 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
Shikimi is being a bitch as usual and messing things up
Jun 16, 2017 8:07 PM
Jan 2017
ReguIus said:
Not gonna lie, I never liked Guri to begin with so when Seiji said she was causing trouble for him I was like "Fuck yes she is!" Shikimi licking the hell out of Seiji's lips was hilarious, specially when his eyes turned to little swirls lol

Got to agree with that. It's one thing to like someone despite there short comings but its another to basically be a nanny. Being the one to always to tell her right from wrong.

Seiji mad himself look like a dick by being a inconsiderate ass hat. Because he your dump as bricks main character, that's the norm for main characters.

What's with there's tried old stupid tropes and not going away anyway?

What really surprisingly is Yuzu, I really hated her from the start and thought I would feel nothing detest for her. But damn, she the only one who shows concern for Guri. Even stood up to her Sister. I am completely pleasantly surprised by this, She the only character that's grown and changed.

Lastly glad to see Mari Shiina and Nagito Kusunoki again. Always liked their relationship and hope they would come back. Even if it's a minor role, hope we see more of them if there's a season two.
Jun 16, 2017 11:48 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:

Yeah the reason I started this was because the first 2 or 3 episodes was kinda funny.
But over time, all its jokes and tsukommi became shit and it tried to be serious but failed miserably.
Jun 17, 2017 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
Code_Lies said:
HaXXspetten said:

Yeah the reason I started this was because the first 2 or 3 episodes was kinda funny.
But over time, all its jokes and tsukommi became shit and it tried to be serious but failed miserably.

Neither, do I. This episode just gave me a sign that I'm gonna start hating this show. This episode is just so stupid. I hate romance, but I'm watching this show because I'm really enjoying the comedy, then this episode came out. Friiick!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 17, 2017 12:03 PM
Dec 2015
i prefer Guri's new look but i have a bias toward white hair. either way, i hope she stays like this.
Jun 17, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Guri's new look is niiice :3
Jun 17, 2017 3:06 PM
Oct 2009
I always dislike when comedy anime think there has to be drama. Granted, some series mix it well, but this is not the case here. Everytime there's a longer plot point it's incredibly boring and predictable.

Also Shikimi was rapey as heck and I did not enjoy.
Jun 17, 2017 5:18 PM

Jun 2010
I don't like Guri. Glad this is gonna end soon, went downhill pretty fast...
Jun 17, 2017 10:55 PM

Mar 2016
Kind of a weird episode that had a completely different feel from past episodes and a fairly unexpected plot twist with Guri...hum Idk how I feel about this one but I'm interested to see how they wrap this anime up with the final episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 18, 2017 12:42 AM

Feb 2015
This anine is prerty stupid. Its made aGuri a village idiot for 10 episodes and now erre supposed to be convinced shes a genuine love interest? Nope
Jun 18, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Seiji was just being a plain dick here.. while I can tolerate him for saying Guri was a nuisance, his continual denial or stupidity as to what caused Guri's transformation was just beyond human stupidity.. no normal human can be THAT stupid

Yuzu is the only saving grace in this anime right now, being the only character who acts like a normal human being. It's remarkable how a side character can grow so much and actually made me like her because of her personality.

Lastly I just wanna say, FUCK YOU SEIJI-KUN!
Jun 18, 2017 1:45 AM
Feb 2017
This episode felt like a mess to me. Shikimi will always be my favorite character and waifu (even though she has no redeeming qualities), and one of my favorite parts of this episode was all of her excellent facial expressions. I also liked how they portrayed female-on-male sexual abuse, and while it was played semi-for laughs, it was still shown to be in a negative light. Also, Guri's new form is beautiful.

So getting my favorite parts of this episode, I'm going to get into what I disliked. While Guri was a complete nuisance to Seiji by forcing herself into his life and manipulating things on a whim just because she felt like it, I still feel like, with all they've been through, Seiji has no social skills around her. He does just fine with other girls (well, not Akane, but even he handles her better than Guri), but with Guri, he's so rude while also liking her at the same time? I thought Guri was aromantic and/or asexual to be honest, so I didn't place much focus on their romance, even though it was obvious it was going to come up sooner or later.

But him just outright insulting and blaming Guri when she was obviously under the influence of a manipulative psychopath, tired, and having an emotional breakdown... dude... how do you justify that and NOT see your issues? I was excited to see he was going to get called out for being so dense, but then Akane came in to defend him just because of her own feelings. Funny, usually I like Akane more than Yuzu, but Yuzu was much better than Akane for me this episode. I'm happy they're showing the flaws of these characters more though, I just wish they made it more subtle and had the flaws fit into what was established for the characters more smoothly. Well, this anime is only twelve episodes long. Can't blame them for not having ultra-deep character development.
Jun 19, 2017 4:59 AM

Feb 2008
Aside the obviously negative implications of Guri's transformation, I quite liked her renewed look. The events leading up to it made a bit less sense, though. Especially Seiji's performance. In that respect, the episode definitely left me with mixed feelings.
Jun 19, 2017 8:27 AM

Nov 2009
Yuzu-chan has just become my best girl after this episode
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 20, 2017 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
uh where is this in the source material?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

98 by Setephen »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

73 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

223 by Failure_No1 »»
May 29, 2023 8:06 AM

» Was it faithful to the manga?

Hystique - May 24, 2023

2 by Rathifiend99 »»
May 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

34 by Tortillas5 »»
May 1, 2023 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.