Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 2, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
MrHatandClogs said:
belatkuro said:
MAL must have turned upside down or I did, because I found the ending to be very satisfying. Much better than Haruka arc, both in the way the story went and the ending. It really doesn't have to have a 10-year timeskip with them being lovey-dovey like in Haruka arc. That last picture was enough for me. Their relationship is natural so no exaggeration is necessary, at least that's what I think. I like Kaoru more than Haruka, although that Santa outfit poses a problem for me -3-

So sad that this arc is over now, since I do not have high hopes for the next arc. Sae's voice and personality is just >_> On the other hand, the setting is different since it will start at summer and they'll be in their summer uniform so that might make a difference at how I think of her(how exactly, I dunno). Still waiting for Ai and Tsukasa arc. Maybe Rihoko too but not Sae's.
I feel the same way, I don't see why everyone hated the ending.
I thought it was very romantic and a good way to show how there love progressed overtime.

Like kuro said above, their love was so natural that they didn't need any extravagant confessions or events to make it work.

And, I think the fact that she confessed to him, made it more "eventful" than others are giving it credit.

The best part of this arc, I'd have to say, was Kaoru fighting her feelings.
Especially in this episode, when she was trying to figure out what pantsu to wear...Win!!

Yes, it would have been nice to see the 10 years later thing, but I personally loved the ending.

Though, I'll have to admit, when they were standing on the glass in the tower I was so waiting for them to smash through and fall to their deaths...LOL!!

Urahara Out!!
Count me in too! is just like:
Quickfox said:
The development between Kaoru and Junichi is better developed than Haruka's arc, but Kaoru's arc ending is less impressive compare with Haruka's arc ending, in my opinion. Although I enjoy the scene of Kaoru and Junichi's first kiss with each other, the ending is less special compare with Haruka's Arc. The ending just shows Kaoru and Junichi "being together" but the ending is not as captivating as Haruka and Junichi's marriage.
Like why they would need a flashier ending? There's no need for since the relationship was more natural... seem quite plausible and believable.... yes Believable altho you dun believe in such thing kainax xD
4kicks said:
I actually liked the ending for what it's worth; close friends with a cute relationship becoming a sweet loving couple with a whole future ahead of them. It was different from the average or cliched wedding/after marriage time-skip...not to say that motif can't be used tastefully like it did in the Haruka arc. Junichi should have felt like the luckiest guy in the world when he got to see her sleeping face in the same bed, or when Kaoru's in her cow-girl position. I'm really hoping (if any) that they're going to show the (possibly steamy) extra content that was cut out from this episode on the DVD/BD release.

So....they're moving onto the less popular Nakata Sae arc now. I'm sure many people like her character, but just as many may also find her character to be a bit plain. I'm one of the people in the latter, but I'll still watch it to see if AIC throws in any more original Amagami SS quirks like they did in the previous episodes. I may even come to like it more than expected....but I won't be holding my breath for the best arc yet of the episodes that have already aired.

Side Note: VHS!? yeah. I was more concerned about that fact than the dirty video part.
Progress/Development describes perfectly in a word the theme of the arc... It was well done imo. and yup I also wanna watch the extra content of the DVD/BD release hehehe was likely a hotter kiss xD Sae will be the turning point between good and bad... I'm pretty sure of that... will tell us if the series are great or not..... and lolz for the VHS xD

Overall it was agood arc, with a less memorable ending of some sorts... I seriously think it was consistent and totally made sense... I hope next arcs are awesome as well n_n

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 4:15 PM

Mar 2009
I liked Haruka's arc alot more but Kaoru's arc was definitely alot more romantic and sweet. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm in love with both Kaoru and Haruka. I'm probably gonna feel that way with each heroine after each arc.
Dec 30, 2010 11:13 AM
Oct 2010
The best episode of series I think) And the best thread of series )
Jan 6, 2011 3:50 PM

Nov 2010
I have a bit of a bias towards Kaoru considering how much I like her VA Satou, Rina.

First off, I think she has the best ED in terms of pure voice talent. She's sung other songs for anime, and it was refreshing to hear her singing voice once again.

In terms of the actual arc, it was tough to explain the hardships between Kaoru and her mother with so little time. Because of that, it led to a mediocre ending and some loose ends not being tied. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the relationship Junichi had with her. It was a good ending albeit expected.
Jan 30, 2011 3:28 PM

Dec 2009
Thank gods there's no '10 year later'!
Kaoru's arc is better than Haruka's for me, but Haruka is still more adorable.
Feb 8, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2010
So she pretended to be sleeping after teasing the crap out of this poor boy? She is evil... and there was no fan service with her cute underwear =S but there was fan service with Haruka Santa's costume.
huh?
Feb 26, 2011 4:10 PM
Dec 2010
ahh i liked 1st arc but Kaoru is girl i could fall for in reality quite easily ..
so second arc seems closest to my desire if i can tell that way haha

Now i cant wait for kouhai-girl from cafeteria in 1st ep as next arc :)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 22, 2011 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Overall I liked this arc more than Haruka's, but I felt this ending was rather anti-climactic compared to the previous, not to mention a lack of a 10-years later thing. But it's fitting in a sense, as, I think someone mentioned, this relationship feels a lot more natural.

With that said, Haruka in the Santa costume... O.O
Apr 10, 2011 3:48 AM

Dec 2010
for me its hard to compare the 2 arcs.
With Haruka arc it felt like Junichi was a lower social status that had fallen for the most popular girl in school. He was very persistent. It was until Haruka was okay with the fact that he was younger than her that she started to accept him.

In Kaoru arc Junichi and her were friends for about 3 years. They felt like they were stuck in the friendship zone. Eventually they realized that they care about one another, and don't want to be separated. Their feelings(the roller coaster that it was) was pretty much on the same page.

I fel Kaoru's arc wasn't as rushed as Hauka's. I absolutely loved the part where Kaoru confessed. That scenery was perfect, if only there were a place like that, where i live.

So far all these characters have a very memorable personality. I don't know how they do it but these characters feelings for one another seem very genuine.
May 29, 2011 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
This arc was an example of how the "old friend" cliche can work well when it's done right. I like Kaoru's character and, aside from the rather sloppily handled mother/daughter subplot, I thought this arc was pretty exceptional. Also, the "confession" scene was way more effective to me in this case.

I'm not to excited for the upcoming Sae arc, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 2, 2011 5:09 PM

Dec 2008
Didn't like the way this arc ended as much as the last one. I did enjoy it overall though. Interested in seeing how the next one goes~

Jun 16, 2011 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, where are my after years. I am so disappoint now.
Leave it to Sex Hair to wear fancy panties on the first date though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2011 3:25 AM

Aug 2010
I can't help the feeling that it was a bit rushed. I like that it was anticlimactic, not everything has to be over the top every time. So far: Morishima arc > Kaoru arc. 4/5.
Aug 24, 2011 12:12 PM

Mar 2011
The arc was cute and Kaoru is awesome but that ending.

Next arc should be interesting. Sisters best friend.
Aug 26, 2011 5:07 PM

Apr 2011
Mogami-kun said:
I can't help the feeling that it was a bit rushed. I like that it was anticlimactic, not everything has to be over the top every time. So far: Morishima arc > Kaoru arc. 4/5.
The drama w/ the mother felt little out of place, but its just more realistic and emotional, compared to Morishima arc for me.

Morishima is cute, but its one dimensional for me, I'm desensitize to these cute crap. I do like her appearances in other girls arcs!

I like Kaoru/Tsukasa arc equally, they have such raw emotional and made me felt unease and enticing ^_^
Sep 13, 2011 2:20 PM
Apr 2009
This arc was really good, I really enjoyed it, but the first is still my favorite.
Jan 8, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Best arc for me, but the bed scene was way too unrealistic. Why did they insist on doing that crap is beyond me.
Jan 17, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty nice Arc.

At the moment..

Haruka's Arc : 9/10
Kaoru's Arc : 8/10

Overall : 9/10
Feb 5, 2012 3:04 PM

Dec 2008
Kaoru and her arc were better than Morishima and her arc, but the ending was inferior. Still, a good episode, though.
Feb 25, 2012 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
not a strong enough finish. more ecchi needed. time to find the bloo-ray
Apr 12, 2012 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
Ahh soo cute! Loved this arc surprisingly. At first didn't think I would, but it turned out better than I thought. ^-^
Apr 29, 2012 4:31 AM

Jun 2011
Awww, I really enjoyed this arc, it was sweet! ^^

Looking forward to the next arc!
May 7, 2012 4:06 AM

Dec 2009
Almost as good as the first arc. I didn`t expect it would be so...
Jun 20, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2010
My fav arc so far.
Jul 10, 2012 3:55 AM

Mar 2009
Way better than the first arc.
Aug 10, 2012 1:34 AM

Feb 2010
I love Kaoru's arc it was really heartwarming but the ending was kinda disappointing
Sep 29, 2012 10:20 AM
Jan 2010
how can she name 101 good things about him when he has exactly 1 personality trait (heights)
Jan 22, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
Haruka is a dumb blonde in Japanese form(1/4 white though)
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 7, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
Kaoru's arc >> Haruka's arc
Apr 16, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet ending for this girl, I was actually waiting for a future look of them together... sad that they didn't implanted it like the first chapter!

Either way a rather decent one, lets see what's next!
Jun 2, 2013 2:50 PM
Aug 2012
kaoru teasing him at the end was kinda odd seeing as she put fancy under wear on expecting something then she stops 2nd thoughts maybe regardless koaru is my favorite character
Aug 24, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
kaoru arc is surprisingly good, at first i thought that it would be just so-so arc.
well so far i'm enjoying this series.
Sep 22, 2013 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
that miroshima santa's suit ! XD
lol
and .. that kiss in the top :p
grr.. they sleep together.. and it is really funny when I really focusing with the ost.. slowly became down and down.. and in the end.. kaoru has sleep LOL
nice ending btw..

kaoru's route score : (8.9/10.0)
Feb 22, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
This arc was sooo sweet and romantic, especially this last episode. I kinda cried when they were in the tower. Love the way they tease each other too after knowing each other for so long. It's gonna be hard to top this arc.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 27, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2014
That was a nice conclusion for a very good arc. Kaoru best girl!
Recommend me an anime
Oct 2, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
The ending was meh.. I would've like it more if it's like Haruka's ending.. I'm a sucker for those types of scenes.. Nonetheless this arc is great.. I haven't seen the other 4 arcs so I wouldn't say it's the best yet..

~ Friend since middle school route: [✔]

Sae's turn now!
XiferVPOct 2, 2014 10:59 PM
Jan 4, 2015 2:59 AM
Jan 2014
The other arc had a better ending, but this had better development, and Junichi wasn't AS much of an idiot, mainly because he's known Kaoru for so long I guess. The fact that she fell asleep on top of him kind of lost me though. And Haruka's ending had a 10 year later timeskip at the end and it was cute. These two didn't. Meh.
Feb 15, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
The chemistry between Kaoru and Junichi was actually great, I loved watching the snow fall behind them as they kissed in the tower. This arc was far more enjoyable and organic than the last one, the building feelings between two old pals really connected with me to some degrees. What's more, it was infinitely better to see budding romance between two people who knew each other so well and could be themselves together (as opposed to the whole puppy dog senpai routine last time). I'd probably say an 8/10 for Kaoru's arc.
Mar 5, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
Haven't I told you? Tsundere have a good probability to become super dere after a confession. Oh boy, was I right for that one. Maaaan, she became ultra sweet in this episode :3

Junichi almost got laid. So close.
It's okay, it will happen, in some distant future (at least, I sur hope, for his sanity sake...).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 7, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
wheresthehandle said:
I really liked this episode. Their relationship was great!
I wish I had someone like Kaoru... let's see if she's gonna stay my favorite.

This. It´s also my fav arc and I think it will be hard to beat.

Yeah to have someone like Kaoru would be like the absolute jackpot, maybe one day.....

Kaoru <3 <3

May 11, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2012
The imouto and her meat buns. Is that all they eat? Lmao

That was a nice confession scene! I love Kaoru's teasing personality :)

Haruka still wins me over with her energetic personality, but this arc was more enjoyable overall. Kaoru and Junichi have better chemistry ^^
Dec 6, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
Haruka's arc was so much better than this one. I'm disappointed. :/
Dec 16, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2014
Awwwww. No 10 years later scene? That's my only complaint.
4.5/5. This was such a sweet arc. I liked how Kaoru's character wasn't overcome by Tsundere-ness. That would've been annoying.
May 3, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2016
These arc style animes isn't working out most of the time...

The studio refusing to go in depth and adding more arcs. Not to mention it's boring and cringy for a lot of them.
May 8, 2016 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
I can't tell whether this series is horrible or awesome
Sep 20, 2016 5:57 PM

Jan 2015
Meh, it was decent I guess. Kaoru was the girl I had most hope for and the 2 first episodes were quite good. However, the drama with her mother was badly handled and felt rushed, while the ending felt flat and anti-climactic.

Better than Morishima arc for sure, but nothing special either honestly.
6.5/10 -> 7/10 cause I liked Kaoru and the opening really grew on me for w/e reason.

Still, considering that Kaoru was the girl I was waiting for and it didn't deliver as much as I had hoped, I don't await much from this anime anymore.
Jan 21, 2017 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
How come there is no 10 years later for Tanamichi Kaoru arc? I was hoping they had a baby :(
Jan 24, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
I don't like Kaoru cause she's violent and kicked him in the nuts one time. Unforgivable I will never date someone that kicked me in the nuts. The good thing is that she is more clear with her feelings then haruka's. whereas haruka rejected his ass and was being all teasy all the time. So far neither of them are ideal waifus. I think rihiko is probably closest to my type
Jan 31, 2017 6:11 PM

Oct 2012
Well, well... so they can do realistic and romantic episode if they want. I kinda remember when I took a girl secretly to my house like this, the situation was almost the same, even the sister was sleeping in the next room :D (ah, those were pretty nice times).
Their dialogues were pretty natural too, I really like this episode.

The best arc with the best girl, it's official. I honestly doubt there is even better girl that can top this.
Jul 4, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm I actually thought I would like Kaoru's arc best, but it could've been better. Bit disappointed now.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rank your best girl and arc in this season

Anurag469 - May 9, 2023

8 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 15, 10:04 AM

» Anyone still watching this in 2022?

Raibyou - May 4, 2022

45 by MeguSae38 »»
Apr 27, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 16, 2010

250 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 26, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 22, 2010

352 by Zane_0 »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 23, 2010

279 by Bard_Eren »»
Dec 20, 2023 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.