Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Aug 12, 2017 7:37 PM
May 2017
I watched this episode last night. I was thinking to myself, "They better pick up the pace. Three episodes in and nothing's happened." Then, the girl was impaled by an umbrella and I thought to myself, "Okay, I might stick around now."

Then, I spent all of my shift today thinking about the logistics of the umbrella death and I'm not sure if it's quite realistic, but it got my attention.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 18, 2017 2:06 PM

May 2013
I saw how sharp that umbrella tip was and it was abnormally long LOL. I was like wtf? She gon die. And sure enough, she tripped and fell and I thought, bye girl x'D

Realistically, I don't think any umbrella is made like this LMFAO.
That was great, though. Loved the twitching.

I bet megane-kun is gonna get reals upset when he finds out. He seemed to have a crush on her and was tryna get into the same school.... :(
Oct 13, 2017 4:34 PM
Apr 2014
Ok that was... unexpected.

It was kinda obvious when they highlighted the umbrella so much but I honestly didn't expect that after the first three episodes were relatively uneventful up until that point. And it definitely was more graphic than average. Man... she was still moving after her throat got impaled.

As much as I feel sorry for the girl (seemed nice so far) I feel like that's the result of not telling the new guy the whole story. They really should have told him. Teshigawara at least tried I guess but that was too little too late.
NanashiOct 13, 2017 4:37 PM
Oct 23, 2017 9:02 PM

Mar 2016
Fucking finally something happened. Too bad I was bored for these first three episodes because when the death scene finally came around I felt nothing. "Okay... so she died, I guess?" If there was some actual build up towards it with scenes foreshadowing her death, I might have been like "Oh shit!" Random deaths for shock value just aren't my thing. This show tries really hard to be scary and surprising but it just feels so forced. I guess I could watch another episode but I don't want to have to sit through more boring dialogue that doesn't get to the point, or more mundane scenes with eerie music that makes me roll my eyes just get to a death scene that probably wasn't worth all the time wasted putting up with all that shit. Hopefully the next death isn't bullshit. "That was painful and unsatisfying... Can we do it again?!"
Dec 4, 2017 5:51 AM
Jan 2017
That death was so funny and that focus on the extra long and sharp tip of umbrella It looked so stupid. Someone please add comedy genre to it.I am sure this anime wouldn't have been flamed by people if it had been presented as horror comedy rather than normal horror.
CoreFinderDec 4, 2017 6:07 AM
Dec 4, 2017 6:03 AM
Jan 2017
Megacchi said:
what umbrella manufacturer puts a fricken sword at the tip of an umbrella?

LOL This post made my day.
Feb 2, 2018 6:34 PM
Nov 2016
That's why you don't sharpen your umbrellas, guys! Seriously that death scene seemed like it was taken from the worst Final Destination movies, the anime so far was keeping me on the edge of the seat with the mistery, but the ridiculous death had me laughing... Can't they have her die simply because of falling down the stairs? Or any other less over-the-top death? Well, we'll see how this anime progresses anyway.
Mar 1, 2018 9:10 PM
Dec 2017
Fuckkkkk!! this make me fuck up !! what is this ?? is this a some kinda curse ??
Mar 31, 2018 8:54 PM

Sep 2017
I hate the MC Sakakibara. He is such a shameless stalker and a reckless guy who will lead to everyone's deaths. The death of Yukari is on him.

I also missed the panty shot of Misaki on the terrace. And that umbrella death. Should have seen it coming(Cause it looked like a fencing sword). What the hell did Yukari see?

And Misaki's eye is green. The cliffhanger at the last episode was meaningless.

GET A GRIP Sakakibara. Just stop trying to go to the forbidden terrace and chase after Misaki just because you want to get laid. There is a time and place to know the mysteries .I hope he dies a gruesome fucking death. And you just had to mention Misaki in front of Yukari. Motherfucker.

And I think that the nurse should have not revealed the patient's identity(apart from doctor client confidentiality privilege y'all) because of the obsessive nature of Sakakibara. But Izumi is gonna go to Tokyo next year so all is well.

LOL fact. Type in umbrella sharp in google search and you get this.

Don't worry, it is censored.
JeremiahOrangeMar 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 17, 2018 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
Aww, I really liked her. She was really cute. Also, what kind of umbrellas have that kind of point on it. The umbrellas I have used are usually kind of flat tip lol
May 20, 2018 7:53 AM

Apr 2018
Andddddddd RIP best girl
Welp it has the same vibes of ousama game but it ain't trash like ousama game
Sep 29, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2016
Just returned to this one to watch it after putting it on hold for ages.

Pretty brutal ending. Could she see ghost girl?
Oct 28, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 2018
hell yeah dude! that argento-style death at the end was awesome, plus some killing suspense. so far, so good.
Jan 2, 2019 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
oh god ive heard and seen the umbrella scene before, i couldnt bare to watch it again. never wanna walk down the stairs with an umbrella ever.
i wonder if she could see misaki and thats why she ran
Feb 8, 2019 9:34 AM

Dec 2018
Someone's died finally. I have been waiting for some bloody stuff, after all it is a horror anime
May 8, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2018
Kazami had a crush on Sakuragi. Poor lad she died so soon. I wonder what his reaction will be. That's the first time I see someone die by an umbrella.

Seems everyone can see Mei.

So His mother from the group 3 and died after giving birth to Kouichi. Everything starts to fall in pieces.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 25, 2019 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
good example about how dump superstition can lead to death, belive in a curse and u have accsident that hurts or kills u cause ur 2scared and make a mistake, also a good lesson, don't run on stairs specially with a umbrella

@JeremiahOrange
ur troll comments are so funny πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ankylar said:
Aww, I really liked her. She was really cute. Also, what kind of umbrellas have that kind of point on it. The umbrellas I have used are usually kind of flat tip lol

even a flat tip can benetrate unless its made in to pretty large flat not like l but like a T, l is flat but smal enough to benetrate with enough force and ur own body weight should be more then enough

poor girl though

Sugram22Jun 25, 2019 8:22 AM
Sep 15, 2019 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
Ok its not boring anymore ;d
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 20, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2018
I'm glad I didn't watch this one at night. I'll probably still have nightmares involving umbrellas, tho.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
May 22, 2020 11:56 AM

Apr 2020
WOAh that was out of nowhere!

I was eagerly waiting for the first death and im not disappointed!

Episode 4 here i come
Jun 8, 2020 5:37 AM

Mar 2016
Oh well it's officially started!

I think Yukari saw something different from just our little gurl Mei....

So it's a good old Final Destination curse!!
If anyone reads it, check out Final Destination movies (if you haven't already) to see some creative death scenes :D

Kouichi is drawn to Mei like to a magnet... he is hopeless damn.

I was hoping to see at least SOME resistance! At least SOME doubt! At least SOME emotion!! ... To see whether it's a part of a curse or just him being a complete idiot! x(
Arrgh!
Or classmates doing something to hold him back from Mei... like going home together! You know this subtle control of Kouichi could have been taken....

P.S.: Hm the titles are the steps of making a human ? what?? a reference to dolls?
_MaeMae_Jun 8, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 3, 2020 2:16 PM

May 2018
Lol this is meant to be a horror, not a comedy xD now that is one of the worst ways to die lol
Jul 7, 2020 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
clumsy girls be like
Aug 30, 2020 3:25 AM

May 2016
This death was so stupid lol. It’s literally an impossible death. There’s no logic to it.

There’s no way the umbrella would have been able to withstand enough weight to pierce a human like that lmao. The umbrella would have just collapsed on itself if this was real.

Sugram22 said:
good example about how dump superstition can lead to death, belive in a curse and u have accsident that hurts or kills u cause ur 2scared and make a mistake, also a good lesson, don't run on stairs specially with a umbrella

@JeremiahOrange

Ankylar said:

even a flat tip can benetrate unless its made in to pretty large flat not like l but like a T, l is flat but smal enough to benetrate with enough force and ur own body weight should be more then enough

poor girl though

There’s absolutely no way an umbrella could withstand that much force falling on it. Like literally even a knife wouldn’t be able to easily kill someone like that because no one was holding “anchoring” it. The objects you hold would just fell to the side. An umbrella could theoretically fell and open like that but it would not stay still long enough for it penetrate anything. Her body weight would’ve pushed it off or the whole Umbrella would have collapsed inwards. There was not enough weight anchoring the end side of the umbrella for it to stay still while another force fell on it. For this to happen, someone has to literally hold the umbrella in place pushing it towards her while she is falling on it lol. You see how stupid that sound lmao.

You can just test it yourself with a bag pack or something.

The anime has no logic.
TeamDalaiLanaAug 30, 2020 3:48 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 1, 2020 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
TeamDalaiLana said:
This death was so stupid lol. It’s literally an impossible death. There’s no logic to it.

There’s no way the umbrella would have been able to withstand enough weight to pierce a human like that lmao. The umbrella would have just collapsed on itself if this was real.

Sugram22 said:

@JeremiahOrange

poor girl though

There’s absolutely no way an umbrella could withstand that much force falling on it. Like literally even a knife wouldn’t be able to easily kill someone like that because no one was holding “anchoring” it. The objects you hold would just fell to the side. An umbrella could theoretically fell and open like that but it would not stay still long enough for it penetrate anything. Her body weight would’ve pushed it off or the whole Umbrella would have collapsed inwards. There was not enough weight anchoring the end side of the umbrella for it to stay still while another force fell on it. For this to happen, someone has to literally hold the umbrella in place pushing it towards her while she is falling on it lol. You see how stupid that sound lmao.

You can just test it yourself with a bag pack or something.

The anime has no logic.

yea umbrella would collapse after killing her but to a accident like this to happen is 1 in 1000000
Sep 1, 2020 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
Hell yea. Something finally happened.

Note to self: Don't buy an umbrella with a bayonet on the end.
Sep 3, 2020 2:53 AM
Aug 2020
haha wtf was that death scene
Sep 23, 2020 4:45 AM

Jul 2020
Dumb ways to die... LOL

That ending was surprising. I think there will be more deaths after that.
Dec 4, 2020 7:53 AM
Apr 2016
Kouichi is an incomprehensible moron... with his morbid curiosity... obviously nothing good will come out of messing with a fucking ghost.
Dec 6, 2020 12:06 AM
Jan 2020
I know where is this going after the ending of this episode. Getting Deja vu from akame ga kill,where there is gonna be a lot of deaths .Deaths lead to mystery and I'm not the type to handle so many deaths which are innocent. I don't know I'm dropping this anime. I'd rather watch high school dxd and have a boner than watch this and feel miserable.
Dec 6, 2020 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
Ehhhhh!!! That's so brutal >,< but irl umbrella is not that pointed! That umbrella is really dangerous and it's ridiculous that it can kill..

it's too obvious that Mei is dead.. why he's so shock? lol
Dec 28, 2020 11:41 PM

Dec 2020
...DID NOT EXPECT THAT GIRL TO DIE WTFFFF but it was amazing episode
Apr 15, 2021 5:55 AM
Jan 2021
omg..what a terrible ending,i also didn't like the main character
May 5, 2021 7:55 AM
Feb 2021
Jun 7, 2021 11:22 PM

Feb 2021
Finally we get to see what's behind the eyepatch. Ok so Mei Misaki is actually dead and only Sakakibara can see her or maybe the class just pretends she doesn't exist. That ending though....so brutal and disturbing. I love it! Looks like a chain of events is gonna be set off just like Final Destination.
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 7, 2021 11:22 PM

Feb 2021
Finally we get to see what's behind the eyepatch. Ok so Mei Misaki is actually dead and only Sakakibara can see her or maybe the class just pretends she doesn't exist. That ending though....so brutal and disturbing. I love it! Looks like a chain of events is gonna be set off just like Final Destination.
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 13, 2021 6:34 PM
Jun 2021
RIGHT IN THE JUGULAR THAT'S BRUTAL
Jul 18, 2021 3:37 AM

Jul 2015
It was pretty boring until the death scene at the end of the episode. I hope the show picks up after that.
Aug 8, 2021 7:49 PM
Mar 2020
That was a suspenseful episode, jeez lol. The music started to become less annoying and no doll transitions hmmm...

Seeing Mei's other eye wasn't too much of a surprise. So far, It's been very confusing for me lol, hope that ends when the anime ends too. I suppose we're supposed to feel like the mc, but let's be real, even if he knew, we would be scratching our heads to what the hell is going on.

YUKARI NOOO WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE FIRST GODDAMN UMBRELLA 😭

Animation was perfect for this type of episode, really hyped now for what's next lol. GODDAMN UMBRELLA IM STILL ANGRY AT THAT POINTY ASS UMBRELLA.
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Aug 13, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2020
physics ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 25, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2021
I'm never using an umbrella again

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because
they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Oct 6, 2021 1:56 PM

Mar 2017
Really terrible, really terrible. I immediately covered my neck. Now I'm afraid to hold an umbrella
Oct 29, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 2016
Why is everyone so dodgy when it comes to anything related to 26 years ago? Why don't they just tell him the story? DO they have a personal stake in this? Why do they care so much about Sakhi finding out?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I was not expecting that death at the end... What a sharp umbrella tip
Sulfur2Oct 29, 2021 7:08 PM
Nov 27, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2019
Damn so this episode started it all. Poor Sakuragi, I actually liked her. There are things that annoy me so much, like come on, tell Kouichi what happened already. Why would you be allowed to know that, but not him, especially Reiko. Kouich is also kind of dumb. Read the room before asking those questions.

That ending was quite disturbing, but what was that reaction from the teacher, he just went down the stairs like nothing terrifying happened, lol.

I feel like, Sakuraki was able to see Misaki at the end because she was about to die. I just hope Teshigawara won't die, same for the nurse!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 25, 2022 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
LMFAO okay ill give it to this show, that was unexpected
Jun 10, 2022 6:08 AM

Dec 2018
so far so good though i feel like maybe too many still shots
Sep 28, 2022 12:16 AM
May 2019
MY lord . .. . . . …
Oct 17, 2022 8:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wowzers, I actually thought no one would die in this but color me surprised, that was an awesome death lol, sad it had to be Sakuragi tho. Thinking back on it I have seen that scene before, it’s just been a long time and I’m glad I didn’t notice it was from this show, it’s not often you get that feeling in an anime, the second I saw her running down the hall I knew something bad was gonna happen lol, I love it.

Also I do not blame Kouichi one bit, if I were him I would keep looking into this ghost girl business too, you can’t be all cryptic and mysterious and expect people to listen, my curiosity is too great lol.
Oct 25, 2022 10:48 AM

Mar 2021
This is where things start to get violent
Nov 14, 2022 3:54 AM
Nov 2022
OH DAMN It was scary as hell in the last
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1048 by FBYT »»
Sep 3, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2012

597 by Alkimia »»
Aug 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

342 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Feb 6, 2012

423 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Feb 27, 2012

489 by SolalAnime »»
Aug 11, 12:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.