Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Apr 13, 2019 8:26 AM
Apr 2015
King has been added to the Saitama harem
Apr 13, 2019 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
It's clearly a downgrade from the first season, but it wasn't as bad as the trailer had made me expect from it. It was okay.
Apr 13, 2019 2:17 PM

May 2018
tidoesstuff said:
I was debating whether or not to answer you so in deptha. cba!
'Cause, firstly, I appreciate the lengths you went to unbiasedly talk about the change of animators -as though those issues weren't a given.
Lastly, I gave credit where it was due, as a comparative calling it decent, I stand by that; but dont say, "why are people trying say this season is good?" Its been one episode, it's been looked at holistically rather than just in regards to animation. And, most are on the bandwagon for hating on this seasons animation instead of actually trying to watch it. Dont try and change that narrative so the vocal minority seem to be the majority.

First I would like to agree on the fact that I shouldn’t have use the word “season” since it not representative of what I wanted to say here. Second, I never said that -> “ why are people trying to say that this season is good” I was mainly stating that I found the overprotection of this new series stupid mostly if we are talking about the animation. It sure as been only one episode and still could go in all possible directions but the lack of proper direction of the animation makes for an alarming future. The point is that the animation is bad, like really bad even for a studio like J.C. It sure is not horrible, and is still watchable, but for one of the episode they had the more time to work on, it’s alarming. The rest of the episode was relatively great but, I mean, it could mainly be attributed to voice acting and music... which can be credited on the talent of individuals.
So yeah, I really don’t blame people for not wanting to watch an “animated adaptation” if the so called adaptation is not well executed. I surely won’t ask for amazing animation like what we had for season one. I know full well that it was something special even for the Japanese animation community. But right now I don’t like the direction of this series and I wouldn’t be able to call this new animation direction “decent”
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
Apr 13, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2016
OziRes said:
Shirooe23 said:
I'm so disappointed over here, what have they done to you genos..?
To much shade and pallette un conditionally there,I am the big fan of one punch man.
Unfortunately I really disappoint if I watch from episode 1

Yeah man, J.C. Staff is definitely not qualified for the job.

they just doesn't seems were have time to make him better but it really wasn't bad it's have a dark tone also it's Served so expect some changes
Apr 13, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2016
Hitoriki said:
tidoesstuff said:
'Cause, firstly, I appreciate the lengths you went to unbiasedly talk about the change of animators -as though those issues weren't a given.
Lastly, I gave credit where it was due, as a comparative calling it decent, I stand by that; but dont say, "why are people trying say this season is good?" Its been one episode, it's been looked at holistically rather than just in regards to animation. And, most are on the bandwagon for hating on this seasons animation instead of actually trying to watch it. Dont try and change that narrative so the vocal minority seem to be the majority.

First I would like to agree on the fact that I shouldn’t have use the word “season” since it not representative of what I wanted to say here. Second, I never said that -> “ why are people trying to say that this season is good” I was mainly stating that I found the overprotection of this new series stupid mostly if we are talking about the animation. It sure as been only one episode and still could go in all possible directions but the lack of proper direction of the animation makes for an alarming future. The point is that the animation is bad, like really bad even for a studio like J.C. It sure is not horrible, and is still watchable, but for one of the episode they had the more time to work on, it’s alarming. The rest of the episode was relatively great but, I mean, it could mainly be attributed to voice acting and music... which can be credited on the talent of individuals.
So yeah, I really don’t blame people for not wanting to watch an “animated adaptation” if the so called adaptation is not well executed. I surely won’t ask for amazing animation like what we had for season one. I know full well that it was something special even for the Japanese animation community. But right now I don’t like the direction of this series and I wouldn’t be able to call this new animation direction “decent”

i think for myself J.C Staff were trying to get some time in this episode i mean remember that they' have alot of kadokawa's works to work too i hope the movements became good since it was slow and lacking sometimes not like taboo tattoo which was dynamic more than the first episode but i think my point of view they're trying to get some time to work on the important fights
Apr 13, 2019 3:15 PM
Feb 2018
The action was quite awful. They hardly show any movement with the characters, focusing more on 'camera' movement instead of quality animation. I understand that there is a limited timeframe to work on this, but come on. I wouldn't have minded waiting one more year just so that we could have the same quality animation as S1.
Apr 13, 2019 4:20 PM
Oct 2016
It´s finally back. I really liked this episode. it was funny and the animation was pretty good. It doesn´t compare to the first seasons animation but it doesn´t have to be amazing to be enjoyable.
Apr 13, 2019 4:48 PM

Jan 2017
Hitoriki said:
tidoesstuff said:

First of all, paraphrasing, I didn't quote you literally.
Secondly, I don't know what you're seeing but most have been bashing the second season off of the animation.
It's been one episode, and the majority are referring to OPM 2 as not being able to compare to the first season. You dont like the "direction", on what grounds? Was the voice acting bad, was the first episode's story bad, was the music bad, and then you wanna say the people justifying this episode is stupid; they've looked beyond just the animation (by general standard, still decent and while recognising its hiccups -but not solely in comparison to the first season. You're stupid for crying "I dont see the direction of this series" (again, paraphrasing) because of the animation. Have they changed the storyline, or is your issue with the source.
And no studio is so inept to work on episodes on a weekly basis if it's not long running; it'd make more sense for them to lay the foundation why before airing, I get you dont know how to think (hence your complaints) but at least struggle to learn that much.

P.S.
So calm your sh*t down, and get over the average animation -by general standards (because for f*qs sake, for all your long winded bs, all I'm getting is you saying "JC cant make OPM season one level animation" everyone knows that. Say something new apart from spouting the general consensus of ep 1. You gotta realise that you're not the only one saying it, yet I'm responding to you in particular 'cause you're the only one who felt the need to quote me to also talk about how the animation is bad... there was 100's before you who said that and I've nothing to say to them because I've not disagreed.
But for some reason, because I'm on the side of those who look beyond the animation quality if it hits a standard, you decided to make me some strange majority that's virtually non existent because the general consensus is the animation was on the greater side of things.
So, shh.
tidoesstuffApr 13, 2019 5:00 PM
Apr 13, 2019 6:46 PM
Jul 2017
I started out thinking that at least it wasn't as bad as Tokyo Ghoul re. But then towards the end of the episode I literally fell asleep. (it was a long day! but still...)
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 13, 2019 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
It's not that bad but it's not like WOW! OPM is back! The animation quality has definitely deteriorated and they have a lot of still and awkward shots. Fight scenes aren't as satisfying but this is just the first episode and I hope they improve. Of course,I will watch until the end of the series since the story is still good.
臭い-
Apr 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
Fucking OPM is back baby! Poor King, I did not expect that he's like this lol. And damn even other heroes are hunting Saitama. Just leave him alone
Apr 14, 2019 2:26 AM

May 2018
tidoesstuff said:

First of all, paraphrasing, I didn't quote you literally.
Secondly, I don't know what you're seeing but most have been bashing the second season off of the animation.
It's been one episode, and the majority are referring to OPM 2 as not being able to compare to the first season. You dont like the "direction", on what grounds? Was the voice acting bad, was the first episode's story bad, was the music bad, and then you wanna say the people justifying this episode is stupid; they've looked beyond just the animation (by general standard, still decent and while recognising its hiccups -but not solely in comparison to the first season. You're stupid for crying "I dont see the direction of this series" (again, paraphrasing) because of the animation. Have they changed the storyline, or is your issue with the source.
And no studio is so inept to work on episodes on a weekly basis if it's not long running; it'd make more sense for them to lay the foundation why before airing, I get you dont know how to think (hence your complaints) but at least struggle to learn that much.

P.S.
So calm your sh*t down, and get over the average animation -by general standards (because for f*qs sake, for all your long winded bs, all I'm getting is you saying "JC cant make OPM season one level animation" everyone knows that. Say something new apart from spouting the general consensus of ep 1. You gotta realise that you're not the only one saying it, yet I'm responding to you in particular 'cause you're the only one who felt the need to quote me to also talk about how the animation is bad... there was 100's before you who said that and I've nothing to say to them because I've not disagreed.
But for some reason, because I'm on the side of those who look beyond the animation quality if it hits a standard, you decided to make me some strange majority that's virtually non existent because the general consensus is the animation was on the greater side of things.
So, shh.

Ok, I don’t know why I even try to respond since you don’t even try to read what I wrote... First and foremost you did not paraphrase, paraphrasing is to express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words. This has nothing to do with what you did since you changed my whole argument. In second place, I literally said that the voice acting and the music was good so why are you trying to make me say it was bad ? Also, for me the story is from the manga and so has nothing to do with the animation studio. My whole complaint is around the animation, not the rest, and because of that i’m targeting the team that made/ directed this animation. The music, voice acting, story etc... can be attributed to talented individuals that take time to add the flavours to the animation ( yeah they did work “for” the studio in this case but their line of work isn’t affected is the animation doesn’t work ). So, for me, their work is tainted if the studio didn’t make the effort of making the animation interesting. “Looking beyond the animation” is literally the same as asking to read a manga with voice acting and music ( I would agree that this is a little exaggeration but i’ve made my point). Finally, no I did not want to make your argument the one of the majority. Also I’m sorry that I chose your post over the post of someone else to make my point. Turns out yours was written a little better than most of the others ( and also on the last page ) but I admit I was wrong since you don’t seem to construct your arguments on reading what the other actually said, but interpreting what you want to read from them, so yeah.

P.S
If the only thing you got from what i’ve said is : “JC can’t make OPM season one level animation” then, I would gladly ask you to take the time to read that phrase I wrote in my actual response :
Hitoriki said:
I surely won’t ask for amazing animation like what we had for season one. I know full well that it was something special even for the Japanese animation community. But right now I don’t like the direction of this series and I wouldn’t be able to call this new animation direction “decent”

P.P.S
When i’m talking about the direction of the show, i’m talking about the directing team behind the animation part, not the literal direction the show takes since you didn’t seem to catch that ;) .

P.P.P.S I have to add this since you don’t seems to know that when they released the trailer they only had two episodes done which is very few and can easily put the studio behind schedule so yeah : “at least struggle to learn that much”
HitorikiApr 14, 2019 2:43 AM
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
Apr 14, 2019 7:41 AM

Jul 2017
I'd never thought I'd like this episode. I like the comedic timing, King's entrance and such. Still got me hype.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Apr 14, 2019 8:11 AM

Jan 2019
the transitions were so bad
tbf its not horrible but its not good either. the smoke surrounding the whole screen when genos fought that robot looked cheap. however the ep is still watchable
saitama was great.
Apr 14, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2016
R.I.P OPM

you deserved a better studio...
Apr 14, 2019 10:58 AM

May 2015
Welp it's not that bad so far. King is OP to be sure.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 14, 2019 3:23 PM

May 2018
OPM's story and presentation were just slightly above average pre Boros, post Boros it's pretty much the same shit, just slightly worse.
What a pity you can't hide that mediocrity anymore behind a pretty animation.
Apr 14, 2019 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
I personally didn't think it was that bad, but I watch OPM for the comedy not for the fight scenes. The "metal" did look like trash though.
Apr 14, 2019 4:54 PM
May 2014
I didn't think the animation was that bad. Not up to S1 standards, but I think people are going in a little too hard on it.

This is coming from someone who was ragging on Overlord S3 for the awful animation.
Apr 14, 2019 7:54 PM
Aug 2018
Don't understand why people complain about the still shots when there are plenty in S1, I thought it was pretty good and blew my expectations out of the water and honestly I like the new art style, the metal's and shine almost look movie quality, athough the action isn't AS GOOD its still well above average.
Apr 15, 2019 5:11 AM

Nov 2018
It's probably best that people don't hold this season to the same expectations as season 1. Even if there's a change in studio, doesn't mean that the show is going to be shit, it can still be enjoyable. But with the amount of elitism that fans have, the show is gonna dip a lot in the ratings, kinda like LotGH (2018) or Steins Gate 0
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Apr 15, 2019 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Damn, a lot of people are acting like as if watching this will burn your eyes or something. Compared to an average production, this looks alright. The question is whether or not they can keep the quality for the episodes that truly matter, like episode 4 or episode 12 (assuming they keep the same pace as this episode, those episodes will have some of the more major fights).

During non-action scenes, the artwork is good, but the coloring and shading is bad. Limited animation, but it's not a deal-breaker. S1 even used a lot of panning for moments where characters simply talk. As for the action, the cuts vary from bad to decent. But the decent cuts were quite short in this episode.

In the end, this is miles better than whatever that nightmare of a PV showed us. People are now gonna overreact for the sake of overreacting. Sure, compared to S1, it's immensely disappointing. But stop acting like this is the worst treatment OPM could've ever gotten. I'm pretty sure any other studio other than Bones and maybe MAPPA would've given it similar production values anyways. S1 was too unreal of a production anyways, with so many freelancers and industry bests working on it. S2 was always bound to look limited in comparison.

In the end though, people are better off just reading the manga for a better experience.

Yeah like WTH. It doesn't mean OPM is doomed.
Apr 15, 2019 5:46 PM
May 2015
The low animation quality is covered up with extreme close ups, pans and cuts. Also the slice of life is totally removed from the show, which I think it was the charm of One Punch Man.
Apr 16, 2019 10:55 AM

Feb 2017
the directing is better than s1,
the graphic not as good as s1 but the scene more impactful and the tone more serious while the comedy more bold

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 17, 2019 3:27 PM
Jan 2017
What happend to you, Genos!?
Apr 17, 2019 6:50 PM
Feb 2009
damn Saitama is finally back yasss
Apr 18, 2019 12:10 AM
May 2017
I enjoyed it pretty well. Genos arms looked weird.Onto the next episode.
Apr 20, 2019 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
its not that bad guys only that sound is really sh.. the rest is kinda okay dont be so strict
Apr 23, 2019 10:14 PM

Jun 2016
First episode was pretty good. Its defiantly a different art style but i do not mind it all that much. Only thing that bothered me was genos's arms but even that I can deal with.
Apr 25, 2019 6:51 PM
Apr 2019
I love it. Nice meet op man again. Its was awsome
Apr 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Apr 2019
I love it. Nice meet op man again. Its was awsome
Apr 28, 2019 3:56 PM
Apr 2019
Ciao a tutti, scrivo in Italiano in riferimento prima a tutti i lettori italiani. Trovo offensivo che esistano individui che desiderino e insinuino a creare il personaggio “ Garo” forte quanto One Punch, è evidente che queste persone non amano questo anime ma solamente vogliono vedere botte. Per chi ama e piace questo anime One Punch è un esempio, una visione di bene superiore, di un vero eroe, è giusto vedere un malvagio degno di essere suo avversario, ma mai potrà essere comparabile alla magnitudine di One Punch. Verrebbe spazzata via la logica, l’etica e la spiritualità del tutto.

Hi everyone, I write in Italian referring first to all Italian readers. I find it offensive that there are individuals who want and insinuate to create the character "Garo" as strong as One Punch, it is clear that these people do not love this anime but only want to see the barrel. For those who love and like this anime One Punch is an example, a vision of a higher good, of a true hero, it is right to see an evil person worthy of being his opponent, but never be comparable to the magnitude of One Punch. The logic, ethics and spirituality of the whole would be swept away.
Apr 28, 2019 3:58 PM
Apr 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The show is back and right off the bat, we got monsters causing trouble in town.Glad to see Genos back and being a badass again this season. He didn't waste time getting to work. I think it's kinda cool to hear the same OST they used for Genos again this episode.

Saitama is still the guy I remember with that casual attitude of his. Playing video games while there' shit going on outside lol. Tons of action this episode! Going to have to get used to the animation this season but whatever.

Ciao a tutti, scrivo in Italiano in riferimento prima a tutti i lettori italiani. Trovo offensivo che esistano individui che desiderino e insinuino a creare il personaggio “ Garo” forte quanto One Punch, è evidente che queste persone non amano questo anime ma solamente vogliono vedere botte. Per chi ama e piace questo anime One Punch è un esempio, una visione di bene superiore, di un vero eroe, è giusto vedere un malvagio degno di essere suo avversario, ma mai potrà essere comparabile alla magnitudine di One Punch. Verrebbe spazzata via la logica, l’etica e la spiritualità del tutto.

Hi everyone, I write in Italian referring first to all Italian readers. I find it offensive that there are individuals who want and insinuate to create the character "Garo" as strong as One Punch, it is clear that these people do not love this anime but only want to see the barrel. For those who love and like this anime One Punch is an example, a vision of a higher good, of a true hero, it is right to see an evil person worthy of being his opponent, but never be comparable to the magnitude of One Punch. The logic, ethics and spirituality of the whole would be swept away.
Apr 29, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2013
I was quite worried that the animation was gonna be bad, since a different studio is doing it, but it turned out to be really good.
Good start for a second season tho.
May 16, 2019 11:54 AM

May 2017
Not as charming as I remember... compared to last season, this episode doesn't contain as much humour. Let's see what we get in the next ep
May 18, 2019 5:43 AM

May 2013
The animation isn't as good as S1 but I still like it.
King reminds me of Mr. Satan and I never liked Mr. Satan.
It's cool that he likes video games though. I hope the idiot
confesses that he didn't win those fights but he probably won't.
May 20, 2019 1:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
My expectations of all visual elements of the anime are low and always have been. The manga has always been more of a visual treat for me than the anime. I'm more into just watching the anime to see their take on the webcomic and manga since there are differences every now and then.
That being said, I quite liked how they adapted this part of the manga! They comedic timing was nice and everything. I think the one thing they kinda missed was the emphasis that King pretty much left people to die. Like they glossed over it when they could have drawn more attention to it.

Also, the manga store tab at the bottom is serving as reminder that I have a lot of catching up to do on buying the OPM manga volumes.;; I mean, yeah, you can read it online legally for free, but I still like having the manga in paperback. It's one of my favorites after all. <3 Not the anime though. Yet here I am.

No but honestly, it's a nice start. Would I have started with King? Maybe not, but it seems like it works and set the mood for how this season will work out.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 26, 2019 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
Well... It's not that bad.

Jun 11, 2019 6:12 AM

Mar 2013
I really like OST of OPM.
Hype and my expectation for this s2.
Jun 12, 2019 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
Animation is very crisp but my god during action scene it felt they cut huge chunk of action.My reaction was kind a like huh?? Feels like director simply cut some parts.
Jun 30, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
Aw poor King.

I love anime.
Jun 30, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2016
ultravigo said:
Animation is very crisp but my god during action scene it felt they cut huge chunk of action.My reaction was kind a like huh?? Feels like director simply cut some parts.

that's what i feel too so what actually if due to lack of time assume they'll add the deleted parts in the blu-ray i can see that happening as that's their only choice to give the season more justice to the people who don't see the justice it'll be a great idea for a situation like that we consider that the tv version that's all ^
Jul 2, 2019 8:52 AM

Mar 2019
I don't think I wrote a message on this episode,so just gotta put it out.JC did a great job throughout this season.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 2, 2019 12:35 PM
Oct 2007
Finally got the chance to catch this!

I agree that the color tone is very different from S1. S2 contrast is very strong. Animation wise is quite subpar too. The unique style from S1 is totally gone which drastically affect the mood and feel.
The upside is.. this is still bearable, will definitely continue to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 8:29 PM

Mar 2015
Genos still pretty OP but looking forward to seeing Saitama in action!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
Well the animation definitely looks different compared to the first season, what a surprise. But seriously, I thought it would be much worse. The action scenes were okay even if I have to agree that the metal parts looked a little bit weird cgi like.

Besides from that I didn't expect King to be a false hero. So a lot of monsters who got killed by Saitama he got credit for. And I was really hoping to see him in action especially because the episode focused so much on him. Funny enough that he and Saitama met before and now they are game buddies :D

But who created that robot who came to fight King? This thing was pretty strong and even Genos didn't had an easy time.

Was nice to see Sonic back and finally a first look at Garou. I heard his voice before from the previews but it fits so well. Looking forward to see what will happen this season. I'm just happy OPM is back.

Jul 27, 2019 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
90% posts = Arts,Animations,JC Staff.
10% posts = About the episode.

It's ironic how King, who's a popular hero and thought to be strong, is now friend with Saitama, an unpopular hero who's strength is known to few peoples.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Saitama casually playing with King
Love how King is the exact opposite of Saitama
Animation looks a bit weird but story looks hella good

Sep 11, 2019 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Honestly wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Oct 12, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
Screw people complaining about the animation and a different studio, that was fun.

King is the literal polar opposite to Saitama's situation, lol

Glad to see they kept "ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH" in the new OP
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

188 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:27 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

237 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.