Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jul 21, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2018
I just watched the dubbed version off this, and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Dr Stone has a lot of charm and charisma, and he makes you interested in science, which can only be a good thing - yay :D
Jul 24, 2019 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
Being trapped for 3700 years sounds terrible.

Random but interesting premise.
Jul 24, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2017
Oh wow, what a very nice start, the concept is nice and all. Though, I still wouldn't want to be in that kind of world or age or era or etc.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
โ€• Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 24, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
It's episodes like this that remind me why I love anime as a medium, I'd probably call it my favourite even if I've been watching it less often lately, this kind of viewing is great!

At the start, when the disaster began, I will admit, I wasn't sure if it was tragic or hilarious, awesome or stupid, but then, as soon as we see the big oaf wake up, it gets really strong, I think. I was getting lots and lots of Breath of the Wild vibes! The backgrounds were really beautiful, and the art and animation in general, was enjoyable.

I'm a bit worried the following episodes will be a letdown in comparison! I found this to be fun, emotional and grand, despite it just being the two characters doing pretty small scale stuff. I'm afraid the introduction of more characters, with one likely being a villain of some sort, will feel unnecessary. The opening at the end with all these characters, I'm worried it will be like the author is going to be going over a "this has to be in the story" checklist, when they've already found a really effective way of writing a post-apocalyptic story. For me, this episode was able to get that tone of being both simple and grand, which I really loved. I'm sure the next episode will be great though, and I look forward to it. But I lowkey just want it to stay focusing on the Senku and Taiju. Was admirable to see how strong their sheer willpower was!
Jul 26, 2019 11:41 PM

Mar 2012

BUT how can you forget these wise words...
Jul 27, 2019 5:13 AM

Aug 2016
I can't help but feel like this anime is some kind of JoJo reference. Probably character design.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2019 7:08 AM

Apr 2019
This show looks legitimately great, the characters are really interesting, the world is vibrant and I'm interested to see where the story is going to go.

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Jul 29, 2019 4:51 AM
Dec 2018
Everyone is talking about this anime as the season, i think i'm gonna give it a shot
#kyoanistrong
Jul 31, 2019 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Finally some science-y anime. Looks promising! Lets hope it will maintain this quality.
Aug 6, 2019 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'm dissapointed that the story didn't start off with a proper act 1. It's sad to see so many anime nowadays not have a proper act 1, like Re: Zero.
However, I already love this anime: I love the insanely original premise, I love how the oaf is basically every shounen protagonist, but is the side character, I really like the green haired MC.
Intelligent shounen anime isn't anything new: Jojo, Promised Neverland, are proof of that. However, those anime's intelligence was about how the characters could outwit their opponents.
Dr. Stone is intelligent in the sense that it's about actual, legit, science.
Aug 8, 2019 1:47 PM

Jun 2015
So this is a Sid Meier's Civilization anime, but they're alone and going for a science victory.
Hey, I might enjoy this. Looks charismatic and well animated.
Aug 8, 2019 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
I just hope they don't go The Big Bang Theory too much.
Aug 15, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2015
they could do a good world building with this,
i found the characters rather funny than anything else but lets see, maybe we'll get some kind of character developement.
animation and OST are both decent and i love the atmosphere so far.

4/5
Aug 19, 2019 3:10 PM
Aug 2019
Hello
I am new on this forum and I am a fun of this anime I will leave the link of the first episode for all those he has not seen

link gestyy.com/w3Sy37

gestyy.com/w3Sy37
Aug 24, 2019 1:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Looks very promising, should be a good place to start considering how much there is to watch already.
I was told plot and cast development isn't this series strongest point, so I will keep my expectations tamed and just enjoy the freshness of the setting, looking good, art and OP are nice.
Aug 25, 2019 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
I loved this start!!

I loved that Senku wasn't a douche just because he's smart. He teased his friend but only because he knew what he would and wouldn't do. He pays attention to people's character in a way most scientists don't. His belief in Taiju was as strong as Taiju's love for his girl. I loved the dynamic between them. Senku teases Taiju but doesn't humiliate him.

It's over the top like most shounen anime but I like that too. I loved the eff out of this episode. I'm so excited for this anime.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Aug 27, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
I'm getting a major "Lost" vibe from this series, I only decided to watch since the concept sounded interesting.

And that's what I mean by it being very "Lost": it's a concept-first series, clearly. I really feel there was no point or explanation as to why it happened, so much more than it was novel or cool.
IE, the fact the rules contradict themselves in episode 1 is proof of that (EG, you need to keep your consciousness alive, yet they revive a bird, with no willpower or personality, just fine).

Also, while the characters were by no means unlikable, they felt extremely generic. I feel the bulk of characterization already happened from this one episode. No one is going to be explored further or go outside their set archetype.

And because of concept-first writing, I feel any explanations we do get for the WHY'S will be unsatisfactory or rushed, IE, think back to JJ's Lost and his obsession on mystery boxes.

I feel episode 1 is as good as it's going to get and like most shonen, it's going to just degrade into typical and not utilize the concept fully. I could be wrong, but its wikipedia page (and opening) don't give much hope to think otherwise.

Wasted concept and done just for the sake of it, and not because someone actually had an engaging story to tell, I feel.

This episode was 3/5 material at best and I think it'll peak here.
CrimsonCWAug 27, 2019 10:31 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 29, 2019 2:16 AM

Mar 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
Himawari9 said:

"Women did not contribute in any significant way to civilization except making babies and raising them" ? What a stupid and sexist comment. You still hold that sexist attitude in this day and age? You are obviously have something against women. There are plenty of examples where women help building civilization and contribute to many field including science. A lot of tribes followed and are still following matriarchy where women are the ones ruling and making decisions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_science

Japan is not in SE Asia, it is East Asia. Most of the countries in SE Asia are developing countries.
Your example about Japan is pretty bad since to create baby, you need both men and women. It is not that Japanese women don't make enough babies but it is because of the stressful work environment makes people, both men and women, lack of sexual desire along with the high living cost there. Don't push all the blame on women.

Is it hard to accept that men and women contribute to the society equally and the society would crumble without one? I am all about equality as I also hate the kind of women who are bossy and treat men like trash.

And about the beard, not all women like beard. It is a personal preference like there are guys who like short-hair women and guys who like long-hair. It is not a big deal. If a girl doesn't like your beard, it doesn't mean she disrespects you, it is just that you are not her type of men. I personally don't like beard but it could be because most men around me don't grow one and Asians generally have less facial hair.

1. From your link most seem to be in psychology and philosophy or teaching ad at a pre-highschool level.. You actually proved my point of not contributing in any significant way to the progress of human kind. The only scientific thing seemed to be formalizing the pregnancy and gynecology information from mid-wifes
2. I said SE Asia to also include China, Vietnam , Taiwan , Korea, Mongolia, Thailand. Also while you need both men and women to make babies, the woman is the one carrying inside for 9 months. That means that the woman needs to sacrifice more time and effort to produce babies. Also there is also the thing men can have healthy babies well into their 80's no problem while chances to have a healthy baby after a woman reaches 30 are not that great and in their 40 they reach menopause so no more babies. So if you want to have the replacement rate of 3 babies per couple (or more precise per woman) the woman has to start making in the early 20's at most. 30-3x3=21. This means that college and carrier has to take a backseat fro most women if you want birthrate to be good.
3."Is it hard to accept that men and women contribute to the society equally and the society would crumble without one?" yes because is unrealistic. Due to women been optimized for raising children which do consume a lot of time and resources both their intelligence potential and strength potential is much lower than a man. Also since societies cannot survive without babies it means that women in civilizations that survive do not have time to contribute a lot to society in other ways besides taking care of children.
4.yes, not all women like beard but because it is hard wired into our DNA over 90% are attracted by beards.
5.And no I have nothing against women. If you read how testosterone and estrogen works you will see these biological realities. About matriarchy there is a reason all societies that have this are at tribe level and generally poor and in bad condition. Women cannot lead, they are not biologically fit for this. Every time a woman took charge for a longer period of time things went to hell fast for whatever she lead. A good example is how Freydís Eiríksdóttir managed to destroy the viking colony in N America by killing women she was envious of.
6. If a woman asks you to shave she does disrespect you.

just curious about something. you say most women are attracted to beards because somehow women are "wired" that way, right? what do you say about a woman not shaving her legs and armpits (not even going on about private parts)?

taiju is a bit too annoying but the premise seems interesting enough. it's funny to see people discussing the scientific absurds because yes, they're all there. but if this gets engaging enough, to me, that's a minor problem. this is shonen anime after all.
fukumenkeiAug 29, 2019 2:27 AM
Sep 6, 2019 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
fukumenkei said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1. From your link most seem to be in psychology and philosophy or teaching ad at a pre-highschool level.. You actually proved my point of not contributing in any significant way to the progress of human kind. The only scientific thing seemed to be formalizing the pregnancy and gynecology information from mid-wifes
2. I said SE Asia to also include China, Vietnam , Taiwan , Korea, Mongolia, Thailand. Also while you need both men and women to make babies, the woman is the one carrying inside for 9 months. That means that the woman needs to sacrifice more time and effort to produce babies. Also there is also the thing men can have healthy babies well into their 80's no problem while chances to have a healthy baby after a woman reaches 30 are not that great and in their 40 they reach menopause so no more babies. So if you want to have the replacement rate of 3 babies per couple (or more precise per woman) the woman has to start making in the early 20's at most. 30-3x3=21. This means that college and carrier has to take a backseat fro most women if you want birthrate to be good.
3."Is it hard to accept that men and women contribute to the society equally and the society would crumble without one?" yes because is unrealistic. Due to women been optimized for raising children which do consume a lot of time and resources both their intelligence potential and strength potential is much lower than a man. Also since societies cannot survive without babies it means that women in civilizations that survive do not have time to contribute a lot to society in other ways besides taking care of children.
4.yes, not all women like beard but because it is hard wired into our DNA over 90% are attracted by beards.
5.And no I have nothing against women. If you read how testosterone and estrogen works you will see these biological realities. About matriarchy there is a reason all societies that have this are at tribe level and generally poor and in bad condition. Women cannot lead, they are not biologically fit for this. Every time a woman took charge for a longer period of time things went to hell fast for whatever she lead. A good example is how Freydís Eiríksdóttir managed to destroy the viking colony in N America by killing women she was envious of.
6. If a woman asks you to shave she does disrespect you.

just curious about something. you say most women are attracted to beards because somehow women are "wired" that way, right? what do you say about a woman not shaving her legs and armpits (not even going on about private parts)?

taiju is a bit too annoying but the premise seems interesting enough. it's funny to see people discussing the scientific absurds because yes, they're all there. but if this gets engaging enough, to me, that's a minor problem. this is shonen anime after all.

well it depends how long the hair is. Normally if there is no hormonal imbalance it should be pretty short so no problem there. But If is long trimming it would be a good idea.
Oct 7, 2019 1:01 AM

Oct 2013
A post-apocalyptic shounen with gorgeous scenery and fantastic BGM reminiscent of PS1-PS2 era fantasy JRPGs??? yaaaaa boys this is gonna be sick!

โ˜ฉ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
โ˜ฉ RateYourMusic
โ˜ฉ last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2017
Weird shounen. I don't get it. Have no idea where the story is going to go.
Oct 13, 2019 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
There's potential here, and I was entertained with this first episode, but I wasn't gripped. Let's see how things progress as more characters inevitably pop up...
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Oct 14, 2019 9:07 PM
Oct 2019
Time to play... WHO'S THE MAIN CHARACTER!!! Open, scene 1. looking in on a highschool science classroom, there are teens at every table working with glass instruments and bunsen burners... and one boy in the center of the room with 3 FEET of green, spiky hair working on a machine that looks like it came out of a hulk movie. You have 3 seconds to answer. Go!
Oct 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Well this is interesting to say the least. The green light probably petrified all humans everywhere while retaining their consciousness, some animals were not affected like that dog still on a leash with the owner or the descendants of those wolves and Bambi with his mother.

He's arrogant but he's not a smarty-pants know-it-all, it took a simpleton like Taiju to remind him to ferment alcohol from fruits. And he's acknowledging the trial and error of science from his imperfect distilling clay pots to several acidity tests on different samples, so many ways to go wrong!

Mark said:
I'm going to have to science the shit out of this.
Yes, Senkuu you're Mark Watney now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 29, 2019 4:31 PM
Oct 2019
Jurava q era shounnen, gostei do fato de não ser...
Nov 17, 2019 2:00 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this is, this is, I have no words for this, this is amazing. The vibes, the atmosphere, the suspense, it feels fresh, different, distinguishable from anything else we get on a seasonal basis, it feels warm and inviting. I was 100% hooked within the first 2 minutes, I didn't even notice the episode go by.
A lot of mystery and obscure stuff to unveil I can already see the potential of this story. I just can't wait, next episode.
Nov 17, 2019 2:02 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:
jiajia said:
regenerating properties won't cause the organisms inside to function at 100% after 3700 years of 'slumber' or whatever you call it

They do because it's fiction and there no such thing as stonification (of living cells) in real life. DEAL WITH IT.

I find it laughably ironic how Senku said himself that he would beat fantasy with science.
Dec 22, 2019 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
Awesome start to this one! I like the premise a lot!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2019
Another cocky Character? Huh well decent start I guess.
Jan 3, 2020 9:45 PM

Mar 2016
Oh wow, this was amazing! I somehow don't hate Senkuu even though he comes across as an ass. Both characters are great!
KiyomiceJan 3, 2020 10:04 PM
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Mar 9, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
A really promising start.
I wonder if someone attacked humanity.
Mar 24, 2020 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Cool first episode. I feel like the phenomenon itself wasn't clearly explained nor how both Senkuu and Taiju recovered around the same time, but I'm sure answers will show themselves in time.
May 17, 2020 11:42 PM
Dec 2019
i am sci-fi nerd, and already in love with senku
May 31, 2020 5:41 AM

Jul 2013
Well 1billion yen says it's china behind that thing that turned people into stone. Anyway, this show is gonna be awesome! I'm not even mad I only started watching this now, at least I can binge it!
May 31, 2020 5:54 AM
May 2020
nice and support good job HSHSH
Jun 13, 2020 8:57 PM

Aug 2018
i like it so far. its pretty interesting

Oct 20, 2020 2:24 AM

Jul 2020
Not bad, it looks very interesting. The pacing is really nice. Glad they didn’t waste a lot of time in discovering how to break the stones, I forgot the correct term.
Dec 6, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2015
Everyone used harden!!

And this guy is an onion.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2020 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
looks pretty cool so far, animation and characters really nice, looks good and hope it turns out well
Dec 25, 2020 9:10 PM

Apr 2019
Decent first episode, Senku seems pretty damn smart but also really conceited. Hopefully he's the Gilgamesh type of narcissist otherwise he's going to be a vexatious character.

Jan 12, 2021 1:03 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was fucking great. Imma try to finish this before season 2 comes out or a few days after season 2 comes out.

That was very interesting though, I like the characters so far and that's just 2 of them.
Jan 12, 2021 10:27 PM

May 2018
What a fantastic and a scientific concept! It's been a while since I saw a unique concept in an anime.

This series is made by the author of Eyeshield 21, at first I wasn't interested in this, then I found myself curious, and in the same time the anime was announced, so I wait to finish the anime then read the manga.

Glad to see our duo of Adam and Steve. I'm a bit skeptical that guy only cared about the girl instead of checking upon his best friend. It seemed somewhere along the lines off,genius guy: i will save the world figure out the science and stuff
muscle guy: I WiLl sAvE mY gIrL fU** aLl
petrification: am i joke to you?
Senkuu is best boi of this anime hands top. Senkuu is coming in clutch with 200 IQ. And there's nothing more attractive than intelligent characters[for me]. Senku is about to populate and rejuvenate the entire world with science XD.

Seeing them use the nital and wine distillation plus the edibility stats of mushroom reminds me of my days reading chemistry textbooks. And seeing him integrate real life science into stone ages makes this so much more exhilarating. And as a science student,I'm all for it!
Jan 15, 2021 11:19 PM
Jan 2021
cool, can be better!
Jan 17, 2021 7:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watching this because it seems everyone has already watched it and I don't wanna get left behind, and because there's a new season that's already airing so might as well hop on the hype train!

And dang I knew that I could expect some good stuff but this is actually super entertaining. Give me more right now

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 2021 5:02 PM
Mar 2009
I thought it started off strong. I'm looking forward to where it goes from here. I'm glad it looks like there will be more characters after this. I agree with the statement, what kind of world would it be with just two dudes.
Feb 12, 2021 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
It was decent but it was pretty slow at start
Mar 11, 2021 1:45 PM
Jul 2019
They cut out Trump. 0/10. Worst adaptation in anime history. Literally unwatchable.
Apr 15, 2021 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
It feels like I've been waiting 3,700 years just for a quality caveman anime. This definitely seems promising and I can see why people compare the MC to Ed Elric.
Jun 12, 2021 10:08 PM
May 2010
Good start, but dangerous.

For me, it looks like a balance of pros and cons.

The characters have good characterization... but the way it's done is cringy. This could lead into more depth, but I don't know.

I'm trying to get a grip on the tone the series is trying to set, but I'm left unsure.

If this goes well, it could be great. If it goes poorly, it'll be infuriating for the potential squandered. Either way, onward.
Jun 23, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2020
They make such an endearing pair!!!!!! Taiju sure is earnest. And I’m glad he got rid of that god awful beard.

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

338 by lemarque »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
May 19, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.