Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 19, 2020 3:49 AM

Sep 2020
The Akudama brutally annihilated the security forces/police in the hotel...I'm pleasantly surprised by reconfirmed harshness of Akudama Drive.
Oct 19, 2020 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised by this anime. Saw it very randomly on MAL and thought that the graphics looked pretty cool. Turned out the graphics are amazing and the story seems very promising. The second episode definitely didn't degrade in quality or allure, it even made me look forward to the next episodes even more!

Also, the characters are individually interesting, I really look forward to seeing their backstory, especially Cutthroat and Courier.
「 Између људи и нељуди. 」
Oct 19, 2020 6:34 AM
Dec 2019
I love the Danganronpa series and really really want to like this show but it's just not doing it for me so far. I'm holding out hope for a Deca-Dence style "actually this extremely cliche try-hard garbage is not the real show" surprise (or at least a whiff of one) since that's sort of what Danganronpa does but I just do not like how dumb all of these characters are. Cutthroat in particular is terrible. Like...he likes red? And so he just kills people and drinks blood and randomly hits red buttons?

I thought I'd be fine with a change from the established Danganronpa formula but the action in Akudama is not an interesting enough replacement for Danganronpa's mystery. I think the characters being adults/adult adjacent is also not a good change. Single trait (or rather, initially single trait) high school kids is fine but single trait adults are mostly boring.
Oct 19, 2020 9:45 AM
Oct 2019
Amazing episode! The excutioners were pretty badass. Swindler still swindling everyone huh. Wonder what's in the package they're supposed to intercept
Oct 19, 2020 7:45 PM

Aug 2015
I fully love this insanity so far. I love cyberpunk, heists, ensemble casts, and the overall chaotic vibe of this.
Oct 19, 2020 10:29 PM
Apr 2016
LotteGiants said:
I love the Danganronpa series and really really want to like this show but it's just not doing it for me so far. I'm holding out hope for a Deca-Dence style "actually this extremely cliche try-hard garbage is not the real show" surprise (or at least a whiff of one) since that's sort of what Danganronpa does but I just do not like how dumb all of these characters are. Cutthroat in particular is terrible. Like...he likes red? And so he just kills people and drinks blood and randomly hits red buttons?

I thought I'd be fine with a change from the established Danganronpa formula but the action in Akudama is not an interesting enough replacement for Danganronpa's mystery. I think the characters being adults/adult adjacent is also not a good change. Single trait (or rather, initially single trait) high school kids is fine but single trait adults are mostly boring.

Might want to take a look at this then:) Kodaka himself
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/je86h0/kazutaka_kodaka_answered_some_questions_about/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Oct 20, 2020 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
whither said:
I fully love this insanity so far. I love cyberpunk, heists, ensemble casts, and the overall chaotic vibe of this.

Insanity is a great way to describe it. A thrillride
Oct 20, 2020 7:57 AM
Dec 2019
ILoveDonuts said:
LotteGiants said:

Might want to take a look at this then:) Kodaka himself
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/je86h0/kazutaka_kodaka_answered_some_questions_about/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That didn't really boost my expectations too much. I'm really hoping something of substance is at least hinted at next episode because right now this show is purely "cool stuff" happening and nothing at all underneath.
Oct 20, 2020 8:16 AM

Jun 2020
Super over the top, but that’s not a bad thing in this case. Love the super stylization of it all. It’s just a lot of fun, my expectations were pretty high too considering who’s working on this. Surprised the score isn’t higher.
Oct 20, 2020 1:23 PM

Jul 2020
Soundtrack and animation are top notch stuff. Really interested to see how the ordinary girl is going to act during this series
Oct 21, 2020 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
_cenjoo said:
“Are you gay” this single line made me roll. 😭

So I guess that as a gay person I was the only one bothered by this and didn’t find it amusing?
It annoyed me for some reasons
Oct 21, 2020 7:52 AM

Oct 2019
I'm with you. Being treated as a second-class person and a butt of a joke is indeed annoying at best.
Although, while not amusing, it fits with her overall abrasive and bitchy personality.
English not native. Also, crazy, lazy and think in strange forms.
Previously known as Ferasder.
Oct 21, 2020 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:
_cenjoo said:
“Are you gay” this single line made me roll. 😭

So I guess that as a gay person I was the only one bothered by this and didn’t find it amusing?

Sorry for being insensitive and posting that. I just thought that since a lot of people found it funny, it would be ok to post on the forum. But yea I could see how some people could find it offensive more than funny, again sorry for being insensitive.
Oct 21, 2020 4:09 PM
Apr 2019
Leave logic and reality at the door. This is just a feast for the eyes. Like most of the fast & furious movies, strap in for the roller coaster ride and simple enjoy it for what it is. FUN
Oct 22, 2020 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly this is going perfectly for me. I already knew that my favorite characters were going to be Cutthroat and Doctor, but things are just panning out so well. I can't wait to see Cutthroats relationship with the mc continue. I absolutely loved him in this episode, I might like him more than the Doctor. This sort of disturbing cyberpunk feel is what I was craving when I started to watch the show.

I knew from the get go this anime would be my favorite this season, all of these characters seem so likable. Except for the motor boy, he broods too much and I find him to be very uninteresting; at least so far anyways.
Oct 22, 2020 4:46 PM

Mar 2009
Fun show, but this and Tonikawa are both in the runnng for worst OP of the season.
Oct 23, 2020 9:49 PM

Apr 2018
That was a good episode really like the Executioners style. Cutthroats act like a kid but is a sick psychopath and loves the color red. I like how Ordinary girl became Ms.Swindler after the incident.
Oct 24, 2020 8:21 PM

Sep 2008

I have a feeling Cutthroat will just be there to be thrown around because he's in the way lol
Oct 25, 2020 12:25 PM

Mar 2010
Their is absolutely no team work the worst synergy ROFL but I guess thats what makes it fun.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Jul 2019
Are you telling me this was animated my Pierrot?
Oct 27, 2020 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
Aight Cyberpunk Danganronpa, I see you!
Oct 27, 2020 2:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great episode once again, especially in terms of visuals, it's beautiful
Oct 28, 2020 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
Man, this is way better than expected. I pretty much picked it up randomly, and now I'm glad I did. It's fun.
Oct 29, 2020 12:55 AM

Mar 2011
Hm, so there are powerful "heroes". I felt a bit sad after the doctor was said to be dead.
Nov 10, 2020 7:26 AM

Jan 2009
damn the doctor is sexy hot

and those executioners are awesome too
Nov 15, 2020 8:17 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome episode, way better than the first, the introduction of the kansai police was dope, liked it. Only con here to me was the motorcycle appearing out of the blue saving the day at the end, shit felt lame and uncreative af, writers could have done better there imo. Hope this poor man's Garo shtick doesn't get normalized.
Nov 17, 2020 4:34 PM

Jun 2020
That was some really good animation on the fight there, and didn't like the op that much.

This anime is really full of technology thing, and some weird guys but it's really good.
Dec 13, 2020 1:02 AM

Aug 2017
LOOK THAT CHOREOGRAPHY!! OMG!! I'm glad that the Doctor is alive lol, in fact, something told me that she was going to heal herself but I didn't expect to be right either lol.

At least this anime is not Juni Taisen.

_cenjoo said:
Xenocrisi said:

Sorry for being insensitive and posting that. I just thought that since a lot of people found it funny, it would be ok to post on the forum. But yea I could see how some people could find it offensive more than funny, again sorry for being insensitive.

I'm gay too and I didn't not find it offensive. I don't know if its about your comment or that scene from the anime lol. I would find it offensive if the anime or your comment included homophobic slurs like "fag" or trying to make fun of us (I didn't feel that way). Maybe other gays feel differently, idk, remember we're different despite sharing the same sexual orientation. In fact, I've seen worse comments in MAL and I don't think you're making fun of us. Anynway, its a bit off-topic but I'm happy that the anime acknowledged our existence at least lol.
NurguburuDec 13, 2020 1:21 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 15, 2020 11:15 PM

Nov 2019
I’m already obsessed with this anime, holy hell... the episodes are just flying by at this point. I will admit, I got super upset when the doctor got sliced. Thank god she can heal.
Dec 15, 2020 11:19 PM

Nov 2019
Nurguburu said:
LOOK THAT CHOREOGRAPHY!! OMG!! I'm glad that the Doctor is alive lol, in fact, something told me that she was going to heal herself but I didn't expect to be right either lol.

At least this anime is not Juni Taisen.

_cenjoo said:

I'm gay too and I didn't not find it offensive. I don't know if its about your comment or that scene from the anime lol. I would find it offensive if the anime or your comment included homophobic slurs like "fag" or trying to make fun of us (I didn't feel that way). Maybe other gays feel differently, idk, remember we're different despite sharing the same sexual orientation. In fact, I've seen worse comments in MAL and I don't think you're making fun of us. Anynway, its a bit off-topic but I'm happy that the anime acknowledged our existence at least lol.

I’m also gay and literally thought nothing of it. The Doctor seems to be one to rile up a few feathers, so I just saw it as her taking a cheeky jab. It’d be different if it was said with malice or if he reacted in a negative way or something but I’m all honesty I viewed it more as her questioning why he wouldn’t be seduced by her than anything offensive.
Dec 17, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2013
This show really is a lot of fun so far. 20 minutes really is short...

I was expecting those executioners to be jokes but I'm glad I was wrong.
Dec 20, 2020 3:32 PM

Oct 2019
Spaceship said:
How did ANY of them survive/escape the entire top of the building being blown off when the Executioners (a.k.a. the Dark Lord of the Sith and his Apprentice with her lightsaber) were picking themselves up afterward... Or the bus crash for that matter.

This show is still a LOT of fun to watch, but I wish it were "smarter." I'm willing to give it a little leeway for, let's say, "durability." But it's pushing it. And everyone's still taking Swindler at face value when she's OBVIOUSLY someone who just got caught up in the mix.

It contrasts with the plot where all the characters are being asked to use their specific skillsets to outsmart and penetrate a supposedly invulnerable environment (the Shinkansen).

The ED is fire BTW. The OST in general is great but I missed the more electronic/industrial elements from the first episode.

Wait, there are more :
1.How on Earth did Cutthroat survive the fall from that skyscraper/hotel? Did "flying hacker" come pick him up? No he didn't, since he had already taken off to go the hideout. The writer couldn't explain it, so naturally he "forgot" to provide an explanation.
2.In the first episode how on earth did Cutthroat (again) manage to place the bomb collars around the necks of every single one in the group without any resistance or even the slightest reaction or hesitation, which by the way contradicted the character and personality of every Akudama? Furthermore, we are talking about Cutthroat here, who slices necks for fun. If there was one person in the group that you wouldn't want his hands near your bare neck that would be him. The writer couldn't explain this so ... you guessed it, he also "forgot" to explain it, and just had the animators focus closely on the necks of everyone. This was a vital plot device, since without it we wouldn't have a show - but it was also a plot hole.

There are some other silly instances but I believe the above are the major ones (we can probably "forgive" -or not?- everyone being bombed with freaking rockets in the first episode and not only surviving but not getting a single scratch, since we have been "conditioned" to this crap by much of shonen anime and manga..). Two episodes in it appears that, just like JoJo, this anime belongs to the "stunning visuals but crappy script that makes zero sense" quasi-genre.
Dec 20, 2020 5:58 PM
Oct 2019
The first episode showed potential. But this episode was lame. I have low expectations for this series now.
Dec 23, 2020 7:41 AM
Dec 2015
i hope to god that every time the executioners come back they have that team rocket style intro
Dec 25, 2020 9:47 AM

Jul 2019
Mindless action show. Stereotypical characters. Buh bye.
Jan 22, 2021 11:06 PM

Aug 2017
That cutthroat is a fucking idiot XDXD!!!

Swindler and Hoodlum are deep into this now. Big F.

The fight against Executioners was amazing. Need more of that!!

Apr 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit the executioners got lightsabers, pretty fire series so far. Have to say that's one hell of a fishy relation between Kansai and Kanto. Cutthroat seems to have quite the childish mind despite having killed over 1000 people.

Aug 9, 2021 10:32 PM

Apr 2016
Cutthroat is annoying but the action scenes were fun.
Sep 24, 2021 11:46 AM

May 2018
Lol I'll call the girl Swindler from now on.

I love the long lightsaber kunai and I don't know why
Sep 28, 2021 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
Brawler and Hoodlum's friendship is amazing
Mar 14, 2022 11:35 PM

Jan 2017
Why does the flying bus emergency button makes it go HECCING fast instead, how does that makes sense
Aug 3, 2022 5:45 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This was really great. The fight on the 2nd half of the anime was just superb.

Aug 13, 2022 8:40 PM
Apr 2021
Gostei. dinâmico e divertido.
Sep 5, 2022 10:49 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty interesting, I like it so far ^^ The action is pretty fun to watch. Let's see how ordinary girl/ swindler makes it through this. All of the characters are pretty likeable, even the executioners (Cutthroat reminds of Juuzou). And I'm really loving all of the voice actors, like I'm just enjoying all of their voices in this :3 [I'm glad my brother recommended this to me].
Nov 10, 2022 1:47 PM
Nov 2022
Good intro, the prefekt dnd group
Nov 26, 2022 7:35 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
"Do I get to make more red flowers?" yeah idk about that one chief...... that was very cringe of you mr. cutthroat
I wouldn't say I dislike her but at this point mc is just straight up stupid, seriously..... sabotaging yourself for criminals and murderers you've known for a day and for what??
I'm digging the brawler+hoodlum broship

Dec 8, 2022 7:38 AM

Nov 2022
Hot damn. That fight scene at the end was so sick. The color changes, the choreography, and the holographic water effects were so cool. The animation and art for this show are out of this world.

The characters are pretty enjoyable. Hoodlum especially is funny and really adds a needed comedic dynamic to the group. He and Brawler have some great interactions already. Swindler still best girl so far though!
Jan 14, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2020
Still not getting the point, this just a mission and the cat find random people to accomplished it. Animation is great, this is cyberpunk atmosphere. Maybe this more like introduction of the characters and episode 3 will be their true mission with a huge prize.
Feb 19, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
The fight was way too good. I am loving the craziness in these fights and episodes plus the light sabers are awesome.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 28, 2023 12:47 AM

Dec 2022
Really wish the "normal girl" gave the new rookie executioner a sign as to say I'm not doing this by will, it'd make things more interesting along the way, a bit of a "Help me I can't not do wrong or I will die" situation, forcing the good guys to save an innocent girl who is being forced to fight them. I feel like it'd make thing more interesting, like point at your collar bomb or something.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by Salty_Beans »»
Sep 4, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

166 by Salty_Beans »»
Sep 3, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

356 by SenpaiTM »»
Aug 16, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

120 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

172 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.