Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 3, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
Apocalyptic world !! (Don't Mess with Time!! ... did I already said this !? lol!!)
The World got destroyed in only 2 months!! Shit Humans must have fought well!!
It would only be a Oddity as a strong as Superman with 10 times as powerful himself.
Oshino!! WHAT DID YOU DO!!?
That was some super high jump from shinobu!!
Everyone was turned into a Black entity like vampires!! ... better bring some ammos!!
Didn't though that Shinobu will be "Superman with 10 times as powerful himself" and destroys the world lol!! Vampirism got spread across the world!!
Oh.. Vampires used to be Nocturnal so Sun is the powerful being on that timeline!!
Oh ... The Day koyomi almost die... so in this alternate dimension/timeline .. Koyomi Died on that day!! then Shinobu Goes Berserk superman form lol!! It was all that Koyomi and mayoi didn't met each other...
Iron , cold and hot blooded are the description for the legendary strongest vampire in history!!
Like an airborne virus that spread throughout the world!!
Fireworks!! not for display today.
That Ending!!
Good Episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
I'm not sure how they will be able to get out of this situation. It's a zombie apocalypse everywhere you go. Will they find a way to revert these zombies back to mortal humans? Or perhaps a way to travel back in time.
Sep 10, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Omg omg omg, best Monogatari episode ever.!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 25, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative becomes suddenly serious and dramatic, a series there contributing factors lead to a situation that for the protagonists is chilling and depressing.
More than the cycle Mayoi, I would say that is the cycle of Shinobu and Araragi.
LOL
Not bad designs, I hope there is a resolution of the problem really original, I would be delighted if it happened.
Mar 10, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2014
This is the best episode so far!
(this is the first time I actually feel like saying that)
Mar 22, 2015 9:37 PM

May 2014
Pretty damn intense. Crazy how a selfless act of saving someone would in turn result in the annihilation of everyone. Love the deepening connection between Shinobu and Araragi.
Mar 31, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2014
I like this arc it seems "gloomy" just what the show needed in my opinion.
May 6, 2015 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
kinkykatgirl said:
watch Bakemonogatari ep 14 and listen / read the conversation between Black Hanekawa and Araragi from the point where she jumps on to his bike and you will get a idea why Shinobu ran a way and how dense Araragi is

and just a guess if Shinobu was in his shadow when Black Hanekawa killed him Hanekawa was Shinobu's first victim and i don't think she would of made her in to a vampire more like ripped her apart

This is precisely what I never understood. If you watch episode 14 of Bake, you'll see that Shinobu was NOT as Mr. Doughnut, and it was NOT Hachikuji that made him realise she was missing. Araragi realised himself, merely asked Hachikuji amongst others for help, and finally called Shinobu from his shadow.

Can someone please explain to me what I am missing here?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 19, 2015 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
I love monogatari but I do not understand very well the course of the plot. I will watch the rest to see how it ends.
Jun 18, 2015 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
Welp, someone fucked up real bad

The fireworks at the end were great and Shinobu looked cute in her yukata

Jun 19, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
This has turned into I am Legend lol..
Aug 10, 2015 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
I'm having high hopes for this arc, because so far it's not boring me to death. The opening is gay though.

2/5
D-ohnutsJan 30, 2016 4:43 PM
Sep 21, 2015 8:01 PM

Sep 2014
Of the many mistakes I made, leaving you will forever be my biggest. Ep 9.

Plot: The world was destroyed. Thanks to the actions in the past, Koyomi and Shinobu doomed the world to an apocalypse. An apocalypse of not zombies, but reject vampire ghouls. And Shinobu knows that she is the cause for all of this. Due to not meeting Mayoi in the past, the ripple caused Koyomi to not find SHinobu during the Tsubasa Cat arc and dying. And thus the Universe gave a F*k you to those crazy vampires.

CHaracter: Seeing the duo explore this world and learn about SHinobu's whereabouts during the Tsubasa arc back in Bake makes things bleak and definitely a downer. It's also kinda crazy that Shinobu deciding to end the world if Koyomi didn't find her but...I could see it.

ANimation/sound: The ghoul horde was neat. We didn't need to directly see them to know to panic and label them zombies. The fireworks and yukatas were beautiful though. Might also be a shout-out to Sayonara Zetsubo-sensei.

4/5. A great impact from the choices we make.
AarroninSep 24, 2015 5:51 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 13, 2015 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Postapo monogatari! So many things just have to change without Mayoi. I just wonder how they want to resolute this.

Older Hachikuji confirmed for the next episode (she appeared in ep1 of this arc) so she may be helpful.

This episode literally made me watch some part of Nisemonogatari and Bake again, just to be sure what parts were influnced by Mayoi.
Mar 29, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2015
Is this the reason Araragi was gone for the first 5 episodes?
Apr 30, 2016 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
Arararagi, you are legend.
Aug 10, 2016 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
Plot twists in monogatari are pretty unexpected for me... Never thought something back in Bake Season 1 would Foreshadowed Current Event... No-no I'm really in shock...
LoongFeelsAug 10, 2016 7:13 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 27, 2016 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
Shinobu still the cutest thing in this series.. that yukata !! <3
The whole world got annihilated.. wow. This is awesome.
Sep 21, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
Damn... I never would've thought of that event that triggered the destruction of the world. This is a really well thought out story :3
Nov 15, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2015
Dam Shinobu was so Kawaii in the Kimono at the end
Feb 11, 2017 7:49 PM

Aug 2016
Shinobu is so cute, i really like this episode. 100/5
Apr 8, 2017 5:33 AM

Nov 2016
That was the most melancholic firework scene I've seen in an anime.

Araragi and Shinobu are in deep shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
Hachikuji was really more important then either one of them knew, huh? Hope they manage to fix everything...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 24, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Can anyone explain why there are four Heartspans
Jul 12, 2017 7:50 PM

Jun 2013
Damn! This episode was absolutely incredible!
Oct 4, 2017 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
This has to be one of the best episodes i've seen so far from the entire series.

Wow, just, wow.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 7, 2017 6:42 AM

Jun 2016
And that's why, ladies and gentlemen, we shouldn't time travel unless you're in the world of Back to the Future. Lmfao. And a butterfly effect happened just because Araragi saved Mayoi. Ugh. Fucking love these connections.

Who would've thought Shinobu was thinking about annihilating the world if Araragi didn't find or look for her in Bake? Jesus. And without Mayoi, Araragi wouldn't know that Shinobu ran away.

Me throughout this episode:

That Shinobu turned everyone -- everyone means the world -- into vampire that turned into zombies. Poor Shinobu. Ohmygod. She's so sad throughout this episode. Araragi, please hug her. Waaaaaaaaah.

I swear Araragi's one of the kindest anime characters ever. If it's a different person, most likely, he'd already hurt or killed Shinobu. Shinobu please don't blame yourself; it's not your fault. ;-;

Araragi channelling Itoshiki-sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Hahaha jk. Same seiyuu, alright. Jeez. Seeing them two wearing a yukatta/kimono is everything. Aww, at least we get to see Shinobu smiling for a brief moment there.

This episode was so sad. Gaaaaaaaaah!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 23, 2018 9:20 PM

Dec 2016
This show went in such a different direction than I ever expected it would but gahdamn I am loving the shit out of it!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 22, 2018 8:20 PM

May 2017
This is everything i ever wanted from this Anime ever since bakemono. An actual Interesting story line. We always had little character arcs so far and this arc might be shinobus arc idk, but it feels so much more compelling and exciting. The first arc of this season with hanekawa was already good. But this arc seems to be getting Even better! Love the idea of the apocolyptic world. Hope this arc continues strong!
Sep 5, 2018 4:38 PM

May 2018
5/5

Wow, I'm loving this new arc, I liked this time travel theme ... does it have any survivors? Who will be?
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 28, 2019 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
So
> Shinobu was still very upset at Araragi for turning her into a loli vampire with little power.
> He never finds her because Hachikuji was never there to tell him she had run away.
> Black Hanekawa kills Araragi because he didn't have Shinobu's help.
> Shinobu gains all her vampire powers back, and then proceeds to destroy the world.

Welp, good luck to them on trying to fix this one! And to think that this all could have been prevented if they just bathed together sooner :P

I like that they dressed in kimonos for the fireworks :) But I guess they didn't think of an escape plan for when it turned dark. Time to jump again? Holding a high school boy in the air all night sounds tiring though, especially for a loli.
AndoJan 28, 2019 8:59 PM
Apr 28, 2019 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
Holy heck that was...DAMN...the entire humanity into vampires, just because of a trivial thingy like that... Awesome episode!
May 17, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2018
Hachikuji's dead is such an important event for the world. Well everything is important but one event you change the rest is changed too like a chain reaction.

Welp it's pretty fun to take things from the store wihout paying.

I wonder why she want suicide though.

They don't think the possibility that that could call the enemy too.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 27, 2019 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Huh, one good deed led to the destruction of the world lol

I wonder what Mayoi's like in this world, assuming she survived
Jun 30, 2019 3:19 PM

Sep 2017
My initial thoughts going into this were "Ugh, not another apocalypse. UGH, NOT ANOTHER ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE" but they managed to at least make this situation somewhat interesting. Shinobu gets scared pretty easily for an all-powerful vampire. Five hours? They really did a thorough sweep of the neighborhood. Good investigative work figuring the date out, Araragi. I didn't remember how the original talisman looked at all, so good on Araragi for remembering exactly how the original talisman looked. So that talisman must possess an extraordinary amount of spiritual energy right now. Does that mean if they find a normal person, they can peel the talisman off with ease? Shinobu can jump just as high as Black Hanekawa can. Oh. Shinobu caused all of this? It wasn't entirely on Araragi being a dumbass? Now that's an interesting development. I think at this point the show needs to go on record and state what Shinobu DOESN'T have from her days as a powerful vampire because now she has wings. I'm with Araragi on this one. I had no idea what that date was supposed to resemble. In fact, I had completely forgotten how crucial Hacjikuji was in finding Shinobu. I had to Google that part. Annihilating the world is a pretty drastic decision, Shinobu. Makes sense that if Hachikuji never found Shinobu, Araragi would lose pretty easily to Black Hanekawa. Don't apologize, Shinobu. This was the other you's fault. That fireworks idea was pretty smart. I like Shinobu's festival getup.
Jan 28, 2020 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
This must be the best story about time travel I've ever seen.

May 31, 2020 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Zombies everywhere!

Also, Shinobu is かわいい!
Aug 25, 2020 10:23 PM
Mar 2018
hmm.. so hachikuji living leads to araragi not meeting her, which somehow leads to him getting killed by cat girl? i dont get the leap but ill take it. interesting though. shinobu u dumb fuck why u wanna kill the world lmao. araragi is too forgiving. i woulda fyoooooomed

EDIT: oh i see how the leap is made now. so basically no hachikuji = nobody to tell araragi that shinobu was at mister donut = araragi not knowing she left = no help called when cat girl goes berserk = dead man
HotPocketChrisAug 25, 2020 10:32 PM
Sep 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Apr 2019
Damn so this histories version of Shinobu just annihilated the whole world, and all because Hachikuji didn't become an apparition and tell Koyomi that she spotted Shinobu.

It's kinda sad knowing that everyone is just a "zombie" in this reality, kinda really sucks.

But on the other hand you gotta love time travel, especially when they use it to show a different reality.
This will probably be my favorite arc depending on how it ends.
arcticmontysSep 13, 2020 7:23 PM
Sep 14, 2020 5:27 AM

Jun 2020
Ok so now they all turn to a zombie or vampires it was very interesting my brain is telling me to continue watching it lol.

Damn Shinobu is kawai wearing a kimono was very cute what a great episode I'm expecting some good thing to happen^^

It was very enjoyable decent episode.
Dec 21, 2020 3:53 PM

May 2014
They are stuck in an alternative universe with very little option of getting out/fixing the problem. It's adorable to see that Shinobu is solely blaming herself for annihilation (though as she said the alternative version of her was responsible for it). It's amazing how much will be changed by saving one life.

I got to say, I adore and find it hilarious the face she makes when being scared by Araragi
It looks like the world is taken over by zombies. Very smart of doing fireworks, which would only attract the zombies. The ep. ended with a cliffhanger. I guess Shinobu will probably fly from those zombies again.

PS! She looks cute and great in kimono
mangalicker94Dec 21, 2020 3:56 PM
Dec 21, 2020 4:03 PM

May 2014
closeureyes said:
Shinobu is so cute, I really like this episode. 100/5

So is your signature. Got to love Senjougahara. ^_^
Feb 24, 2021 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
That was a fantastic fucking episode like damn! At the beginning parts of the episode I did think that it could have been the Shinobu of that timeline that fucked up the world and I was right though I didn't manage to guess the reason. That's pretty insane though, because of Mayoi disappearing the world got annihilated. A pretty sad episode, Shinobu too, got desperate, destroyed the world but that probably only made her sadder which made her kill herself.

Shinobu in a kimono or yukata looked so good though, very cute. The fireworks scene was really beautiful. Now I think Mayoi is actually the sole survivor in the apocalypse, since we saw her adult version in the beginning of this arc, so it's pretty likely that she's still alive.
Aug 13, 2021 1:07 AM
Aug 2021
Shinobu looks adorable in that kimono!

So Shinobu(the one who wasn't found by Araragi) annihilated the world by turning everyone into vampire zombies. And that Shinobu killed herself in guilt. And Araragi in that timeline's dead too as Shinobu didn't come to his rescue while fighting Black Hanekawa. Mayoi's probably the only other human that's alive.
Aug 31, 2021 5:56 PM
May 2020
seeing shinobu sad made me sad
Apr 8, 2022 11:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Since Mayoi was able to meet her mother that day, she never became a wandering apparition, and thus never met Araragi. Since she was the one who pointed out that Shinobu had gone missing, Araragi never went to look for Shinobu.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 31, 2022 9:22 PM
Oct 2020
Interesting take on the butterfly effect. Or maybe the Shinobu inducted vampire butterfly effect. I haven't done the math on the vampiric pyramid scheme, but maybe it's reasonable that a couple months worth of all night biting could propagate worldwide. Those vampires do move pretty fast. I forgot Shinobu had those cure little wings and can fly- they are quite powerful, in fact, since she and Koyomi zoomed out of the zombie crowd in a hurry! The fireworks scene was nice. Looked like they were having fun, the only ones left in the world. Or are they? Guess we'll have to see.
Apr 25, 2023 7:27 PM
Feb 2022
Monogatari the walking dead, love to see Araragi being optimistic even in the darkest of days.
Jul 25, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2021
When Koyomi and Shinobu said despair, man I couldn't help but think of Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubuo-Sensei lol, he would definitely go "ZETSUBUOSHITA, THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE HAS FILLED ME WITH DESPAIR"
Jul 30, 2023 10:05 AM

Oct 2021
What in the fu*kin Masterpiece is this?! butterfly effect really happened.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.