Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Sep 10, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
i wish we get a villain that is an actual threat soon, beating dogs isnt that amazing
Sep 12, 2016 11:49 PM

Jul 2014
@TsundereHeart
Rem is the best girl, but you have to wait till episode 15 and 18 to see that :-)
Sep 18, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, Rem is such a badass xD Nice action :)

That psycho face xD And that horn, just like unicorn (no, I am just kiddidng).
I am interested, what happened exactly, when Ram lost her horn...
Sep 20, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2012
Damn what an ending! Really great development, up to the next one!
Sep 23, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2014
10/10 for that toss

I never thought I'll would see Subaru use the inconvenience of his powers to his benefit like that...not bad.

Don't know who I liked more between Rem and Ram, I keep going back and forth between two.
Oct 22, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
Lot's of action in this one though I don't get why they don't just kill the "puppy" which is obviously the pack leader.
Nov 2, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Absolutely loved the action in this one. Loving how much of a main role Ram and Rem are playing.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 10:
Subaru survived the last episode, and now Rem go alone to destroy the witchfiends that cursed Subaru.
I think Subaru was dragged in by the Jealous Witch (his smell and all), and seems like he have some power related to his shadow affinity, that we will see in other episode. Subaru must train his mana, to be useful in battles.

Interesting backstory of the sisters and the horns, there must be a strong reason for why Ram has no horn, and a reason for why Rem excels in everything that Ram does.
4/5
ArakitoNov 5, 2016 5:55 PM
Jan 1, 2017 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
I really really hope her horn isnt going to be removed, I guess the show can't tolerate a strong female character (except for that crazy butcher lady from earlier) but that Suburu is such a sexist that it wouldn't surprise me if it would be better off to have her weak and complaint.
Jan 10, 2017 5:56 PM

Mar 2010
Decent, I think it was a bit underwhelming.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 3, 2017 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
Oh ok so when Subaru tries to tell people about is return to death ability that's when he gives off the witch's smell. That pretty much confirms my theory that the witch was the one who gave him that ability or at least she's involved with it. Why does the monsters attack him because of that though? I would make more sense if he can command them cause evil witch = monsters most of the time.
Feb 5, 2017 12:00 PM
Aug 2014
Guess he didn't jump in to stop Rem from having to transform; he was just being an idiot again. Got my hopes up for nothing. We got out of that loop at least.

Subura really needs to stop speechifying; it breaks the tension every time.

They're not going with the show don't tell approach with this anime are they, but with the tell, tell, tell and tell some more.
Mar 19, 2017 6:42 AM

Apr 2009
VanishingKira said:
Hope this arc ends soon,it's been boring as hell.

Exactly. They are dragging it for too long compared to the first 3 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Damn all these episodes are so exciting.
Really curious when we'll know more about the Witch as it seems she was either the one giving the ability to Subaru or controls it to some extent. - Especially since he gives of the scent and keeps seeing the darkness when mentioning the "Return to Death" ability.
Jun 3, 2017 1:42 AM

Apr 2012
Amazing action from Rem and brilliant catch from Subaru, I was complete drawn into it and was surprised when the ending started playing, it didn't feel like that long at all.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jul 7, 2017 6:11 AM

Dec 2012
WTF PUCK!
Petra so cute.
Is that shadow or black pantsu?
lol at Subaru choking.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 10, 2017 12:55 AM

May 2013
I like the development :} Rem has grown so much to accept Subaru now
Sep 10, 2017 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
The whole episode about siblings, I have the feeling that in future will be some generic love triangle with them. But really who cares? There are no adventure, there are no world's background development, there are no plot at all, there are only questions and only one answer: "Who knows?".
Nov 8, 2017 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
this anime reminds me of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

PrimeX said:
Oh ok so when Subaru tries to tell people about is return to death ability that's when he gives off the witch's smell. That pretty much confirms my theory that the witch was the one who gave him that ability or at least she's involved with it. Why does the monsters attack him because of that though? I would make more sense if he can command them cause evil witch = monsters most of the time.

i suspect that the history is bit wrong about Stella & she summoned him to that world & also gave him that power Stella wants him to solve the problem with that world, that's my theory
Sugram22Nov 8, 2017 6:17 AM
Nov 8, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2014
Sugram22 said:
this anime reminds me of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

PrimeX said:

i suspect that the history is bit wrong about Stella & she summoned him to that world & also gave him that power Stella wants him to solve the problem with that world, that's my theory
Something about Satella that might be considered a minor spoiler.
Nov 12, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2016
Glad everyone is safe in the village and aww Emilia is there with Subaru, and she healed him yet again. Unfortunately, Subaru was cursed by those mabeasts and this time it's too complex for Bea to remove since it's too many, so he'll die in less than half a day. The only way to lift the spell is to kill all those mabeasts and Rem finding out about it, she went to the forest ALONE to save Subaru.

Ram heard their conversation and decided to save her sister who is currently on berserk. I guess Rem really hates witches, huh? Hehe. So, whenever Subaru attempts to tell someone about his ability, it triggers the witch powers in him. Hahaha. So, Rem can go back to normal if they remove the horn on her.

I think what bothers me the most is when Subaru is not bothered one bit whenever Bea tells him that he's gonna die. I mean aren't you worried that you're gonna back in time and re-do all that shit all over again? Jesus Christ.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 7, 2018 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
The action scenes in this episode were all INTENSE!!! Rem's demonic horn and better combat skills. That is beyond what Ram is capable of. However, Ram has her superiority as well. Just like she said before, the loss of her horn brings bad but also good events.

The cliffhanger is killing me, I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! But I have to wait until tomorrow... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (T^T)
Feb 4, 2018 8:22 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, I don't think I'll be liking puppies from now on.
Apr 20, 2019 7:08 PM

Jun 2015
So far all rem has done is lose her shit and kill subaru, but I actually do like of like her
May 4, 2019 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
-Cool battle

-Ram is hornless eh

-So at minimum it seems the Witch was the one who gave him his ability, but I really think some part of the Witch is inside him albeit at a state of restricted power.
Jun 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
Subaru turned into a neckbeard complaining about the Captain Marvel trailer at the end there.
Jun 9, 2019 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
How come Beako did not help them? She stayed in the village?
Jul 31, 2019 8:56 PM
Apr 2019
OK it was cliffhangered so I don't know if Subaru just thwacked Rem's horn with the sword "deactivating" her demon form or cut it off but I really hope it's the former because Demon Rem is cool as fuck and I'd really like to see her next arc be her learning to control it.

It's kind of selfish on my part but for real Demon Rem is badass and one of my favorite things in the show so far and if we don't get more of her I'll be a tad salty
Aug 11, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
Good thing we did not have to watch another restart. Of course though his life is still endangered, but they are about to clean up. Hope Rem has enough strength legt to destroy the rest of those demonds once she wakes up.
Sep 22, 2019 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they saved Subaru, at least for now. I really thought he had to restart again. Yokatta.

I had a feeling Beatrice would have bad news. Thinking of how many of these magical beasts bit Subaru it's no wonder Beatrice can't cancel all these curses. Even crazier that Rem went back into that forest and tries to kill every single one who bit Subaru. I wonder what happened to Rams horn. Hopefully they will conclude that short moment we could see between her and Rem.

The fights scenes were nice to watch. It shows how strong and at the same time insane Rem really is with her oni horn. The first hit of Subarua was an absolute failure. I hope at least the second one hit Rem.

Natsu88Sep 22, 2019 9:55 PM

Nov 18, 2019 8:58 AM

Aug 2018
This time he didn't fuck up
Mar 14, 2020 11:10 PM

Dec 2019
Damn, Rem is badass and a psycho at the same time, what a bad way to go to sleep, i wanna keep watching <_<
                                                         🖤   

Apr 15, 2020 1:08 AM

Jun 2013
I love animals. I love puppies but kill that motherfucking demon puppy.
臭い-
May 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Jun 2017
That was a great action-packed episode! I love Rem's mad look as she was eradicating the Mabeasts!

I wonder when does Emilia's best time to shine? I mean...she's only been idle. And we're at episode 10 already!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 8, 2020 9:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, after Subaru's spell got rotten up into their hearts, the village was able to be saved and he just avoided the dead flag of this arc. Congratulations. No dead again for Subaru, such a shame. It seems at this point, the show trying to changed some of their plot style and turned everything into the action type with the helped of twin sisters powerful 'oni' awaken. Its help a lot to improved the whole boring step by the same loop over and over again in before. But, man, i needed to seen Subaru dead feeling again. So, come on brought back the usual style. Lmao.

His decision to use that prohibited words were insane. Its never reach my mind that shit was existed to the way like that. In the end, its succeeded to lured everything, even to Rem too. So, yeah, the arc to revealing the back story of the twin sisters must be continued. Subaru's rushed attempt successfully cliffhanger everything important to the next episode. Good job. Now, for the real reason, was Subaru could prevent the curses, and brought the twin sisters?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 8, 2020 12:06 PM

Feb 2020
I bet Subaru aimed badly and just killed Rem. That, or Rem is the one who killed him. This is currently going too well, we haven't gotten a reset in a long time.
I'm honestly surprised Subaru is such a hated character. So far, I just like him more with each episode, I find him to be an interesting character to follow with a fun personality. Is all this hatred only due to that famous meme ? If so, then I understand people's frustration but that's really not enough to hate him.
Rem and Ram are quite interesting characters. I'm however confused at Rem's whole ogre persona. This episode implied she isn't herself in that mode, and she is more like a wild beast than an actual person. But when she killed Subaru a dew episodes ago, she was able to speak and accused Subaru of something I don't remember. She seemed to be conscious of what she was doing, she wasn't just a wild beast. Is there something else ? Well, next episode will probably give me the answer considering its title. I'm intrigued.
Sep 17, 2020 9:52 PM
Oct 2019
The twins are interesting indeed. Barusu, on the other hand, is not.

Dialogue and character interactions remain meh. Show remains meh. Only kept afloat via it's episode ending cliffhangers.

Randomly jumping over a cliff and magically stopping yourself in the side of the cliff with a broken sword blade, while holding onto an injured person? So dumb.

They made it look like he was trying to cut off her horn at the end.

Still a 6/10.
Sep 27, 2020 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
Not only Subaru survived, but he went on another dangerous mission immediately after he could stand on his own! His and Rem's lifes are at stake, after all.

Great episode full of awesome action sequences.
Feb 28, 2021 5:07 AM

Feb 2019
Must protect Rem and Ram
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 3, 2021 12:34 AM

May 2020
Subaru has survived.

Also in case you don't know. Od = Life Force.

Rem went back to the Forest to hunt some dogs.

Introduction of Ram's Clairvoyance ability, which allows her to see what the creatures with the same wavelength as her are seeing, pretty useful ability.

Ram doesn't have a horn.

Ram is jealous of Subaru lol.

Action packed episode! A glimpse into Ram and Rem's past.

Members of the Oni Race are born with two horns but twins are born with one each, twins are detested so they are usually disposed off after birth but Rem and Ram were allowed to live.

This is the first time we see Subaru saying RbD to draw out mabeasts.

Pretty cool actions scenes. Dang Rem, calm down for a second lol.

Dang we actually got to see Ram's panties when Subaru threw her at Rem lol.
Jan 5, 2022 3:30 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This better have worked.
Jan 13, 2022 6:33 PM

Feb 2021
Idk about everyone else but subaru was pretty annoying this episode
Jan 13, 2022 10:51 PM
Nov 2020
Convent said:
Idk about everyone else but subaru was pretty annoying this episode

I felt He was really goofy during ep 9-13.
Apr 30, 2022 11:55 AM
Feb 2021
So when Subaru told the Ogres fable to Ram in episode 6, it was completely random? Because he wasn’t aware in this time about Rem & Ram powers…
Jul 10, 2022 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
Damn Rem been on a berserk.. Ram went out of juice way too early and Subaru had to pull through, well it kind of worked out.. I suppose :p
Aug 25, 2022 4:10 PM

May 2022
Rem was badass in the last episode. I didn't expected to see her transform into a demon. I'm happy that Subaru survived. can't believe those mabeasts thrive off of a person's mana when they are cursed, so not only does Subaru have to save Rem, he has to eliminate all those beasts. Still, I loved his heroic speech, he is strong and resilient. loving the action too.
Oct 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Aug 2021
rem in her demon form is really quite something to watch that i definitely was not expecting going into this series... but another great episode as usual
Nov 4, 2022 1:03 AM

Apr 2021
Rem goes out by herself, Ram and Subaru follow after her. They find her but she's not stable right now. I liked the fight scenes. This was a good episode!!
Nov 26, 2022 11:16 AM
Oct 2022
The whole Rem demon thing was so weird as she is still kinda weak in it but the other sister Ram has become more likeable showing more personality in this episode.
Dec 14, 2022 9:57 PM
Apr 2021
This anime is all over the place. That's what happens when the manga artist doesn't do enough research on the theme of the story he/she is telling. Sloppy job.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.