Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 1, 2016 5:40 AM

Mar 2016
Taiga is the best girl
Aug 18, 2016 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
This is becoming too melodramatic for my taste. Also beating up someone for such trivial shit is so fucking immature and repulsing it hurts. I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman. Sure it's a bit of a dick move but honestly she has the right to it after the guy plainly put her under public pressure with his declaration.

Malina said:
The fight between Kanou and Taiga was so epic. Liked it. On a side note though, why didn't Kanou just talk to Yuusaku about the confession? Why just leave him without a proper answer? The stupid one is her...communication doesn't seem to be her strongest skill...
No, the stupid one is the girl beating up someone for the sake of mere high school crush drama.
Aug 20, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2016
Beautiful drama and episode the only thing that broke it was the swords thing but overall 10/10
Oct 7, 2016 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know what was worse, Kitamura being edgy or dropping the spaghetti.
Oct 25, 2016 12:07 PM

Feb 2012
that was garbage, I just cant believe so many people thought it was good
Nov 1, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
had my full serving of cringe today
Nov 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Aug 2013
Oh, so much negative feedback on this episode. Well, I liked it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 25, 2016 7:25 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, this episode was amazing.
I was in constant surprise and bewilderment. Very amazing reactions and exposure of how they think deep inside.

Damn, even when all those characters are very exaggerated to a point a laugh at them, the story itself makes me take it seriously and appreciate it.

Lovely episode.
rsc-pl said:
Oh, so much negative feedback on this episode. Well, I liked it.
Maybe because they are focusing too much on the outside, having trouble separating the exaggerated behaviours of characters from the deep stuff and plot.
I personally separate the goofy stuff from the serious one and so I enjoy each of them in their respective fields. That's why I liked this episode.

If you look at it in more linear way, of course you may think it's ridiculous.
Together but not mixed.

The president being on top of the roof acting almighty and screaming? Kitamura confusing with the microphone? Taiga grabbing a wood sword to beat the fuck out of the president? Yeah, everything is retarded just because. That's how the author wanted to deliver the story. We have to remember we are watching anime. In it's core, it's meant to be exaggerated.
HumbertoZeroNov 25, 2016 7:32 AM
Dec 7, 2016 7:17 PM
Dec 2016
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

I haven't seen beyond this episode so i'm commenting without knowing the grand scheme yet...

The theme of the episode's ending was the Pres avoiding telling Kitamura how she feels. So i believe this is the case here too, i think Minorin doesn't love Ryuuji. When the other girls take the photo in the wallet as evidence, Minorin realizes that Ryuuji bought a photo of her, and that she sould really "man up" and reject him already. So she feels guilty, and evil Ami (or maybe in this case just because she cares for Ryuuji) teases her about it...
But for all i know i could be absolutely wrong! Maybe i'm just too used to my ships sinking from WoWs :P I'm looking forward to finding out if i was right though, gonna watch the rest of the show tomorrow :P
Warrior_MeDec 7, 2016 7:22 PM
Apr 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
Ah, that was so emotional. I'm glad that Kitamura learned that Kano reciprocates his feelings for her, but it still sad ;(
May 9, 2017 2:39 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't like the fight at all, girls shouldn't fight, that ruined the episode for me.
Jun 30, 2017 6:53 PM

Dec 2014
i watch this episode 2 years ago and rewatch it today. it's still the same. i still think this episode was probably one of the best anime episodes that ever made. i mean, the fight scene is too epic, the animation, seiyuu, the bgm are fcking great (the reason i watch toradora is because i hear this bgm on youtube, and start searching for the anime). i remember i shed a bit tears when i watch this episode for the first time, it's not because it's sad, but it's give me a bump while i watch this episode. will give it 6/5 without a doubt.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Oct 15, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
Man, that was an intense and fun episode!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 17, 2017 7:01 AM

Sep 2012
@KingRequiem:
I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman

ME:
Temporary affection or love of her life u never know, u don't know them & u can't see what their future would have been if thing would have ended differently so Zip it :)
Sugram22Oct 17, 2017 7:06 AM
Oct 17, 2017 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
the card that said Fool, it was suppose to be taigas apology, but she wrote Fool XD
u noticed Taiga had it on her table before
Oct 17, 2017 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Sugram22 said:
@KingRequiem:
I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman

ME:
Temporary affection or love of her life u never know, u don't know them & u can't see what their future would have been if thing would have ended differently so Zip it :)
What I do know is that experience in life has taught me to be pragmatic and that high school romantic relationships don't make it through college 80% of the time. The fact that she puts her ambition above him is enough to guess that he probably isn't the love of her life either.

Giving up on your aspirations for the sake of a strong relationship is understandable. Giving up on the the dream and possibility of becoming an astronaut for the sake of a yet-to-exist relationship at 17 is just plain retarded.
Oct 18, 2017 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
@KingRequiem

well she should have been at-least honest with Kitamura, then Taiga wouldn't have gone that far

& that choice isn't retarded its a gamble cause its possible they would have hooked up for life :)

but i am really wondering is it her dream, the way she acted made me think her family is ferry strict & possibly forcing her to aim higher where she doesn't really want cause the scene at US when she got the card from Taiga she was different person cause she was far from her family as well
Sugram22Oct 18, 2017 12:25 AM
Nov 22, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2016
This raised the bar from 7 to 8 I hope all of the other episodes be like this.
Dec 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2017
Great fight! ;__;
Feb 11, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2017
I get the comment Ami made about to Minorin about not feeling guilty - assuming she meant that Minorin didn't have to worry about getting in the way of Taiga x Ryuuji since Taiga was in love with Kitamura. The thing I'm more curious about though is why Ami herself looked upset as she was walking away afterwards. Must be related to something about the second picture and her own feelings
Feb 18, 2018 4:02 AM
Dec 2017
so it's become big mess!! what is right thing to do for both side!! its feel suck...
Apr 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Feb 2014
Fucking hell, I forgot how cringeworthy this show can get when it's trying to do melodrama. But at least it wasn't as bad as the drama from that "Mr. Contest" race from a couple of episodes back. This show would be much better if it stuck to a bit more subtle kind of drama, like that little taunt at the end from Ami to Minori.
But that was some quality bitch fight.

Oct 9, 2018 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that’s the best fight scene you’re going to see in a romcom, folks. You can pack up and head home now.

When I first watched Toradora! several years ago, I recall hating this episode and thinking it was too melodramatic. I’ve made a near-180 this time around. I thought Taiga’s actions were very in-line with her character. This didn’t cross the line into melodrama imo and there were some genuinely touching moments throughout the episode.

It was really good. I’m glad I decided to rewatch this series now; I was half-expecting to regret it when I started, but wow.

I’m looking forward to the final arc, and an episode that’s coming up soon in particular: Said episode is part of the reason I decided to rewatch this in the first place.
Jan 23, 2019 4:03 AM
Dec 2018
what was the note/package ami received at the end of the episode (after the outro played)
May 10, 2019 8:25 AM

Aug 2017
LOL

Sumire vs Taiga. You've caught me off-guard here. So, she really loves Kitamura but hides her feelings.

Kitamura's arc is over. I think that it was better than most episodes from the first half.

Can't stand Kitamura. He is weird.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 13, 2019 9:47 PM
Apr 2019
Probably the best thing that happened in this Anime so far.

Everything thing else was just predictable drama and yap yap.

Hopefully this actually episode actually picks up the pace for future episodes and gets Kitamura to start trying again with Taiga and watch Ryuji, that would make this even better.
Jul 1, 2019 11:32 PM

Nov 2017
wtf is with this show, suddenly everyone loves each other

Jul 23, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2019
them feels, Kano bursting in tears really got to me =(.
Oct 1, 2019 5:32 AM
Jul 2019
Kanou. Did. Nothing. Wrong! Talk about a memorable last day.
Nov 30, 2019 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, we actually got colossal bitch #2 in this show, though in comparison to Taiga luckily she disappears with this episode and we won't have to see her again. I enjoyed them both punching the shit out of each other though, that was great.
Dec 27, 2019 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
Holy crap. Yet another brilliant episode. I loved everything about it, the feels, the different perspectives clashing, the growing up aspect of Kitamura's arc ...., the subtle hilarity of the Student Council President using a ladder to walk up onto the top of the roof's entrance and shout down at Kitamura inspiration-ally, the amazing fight scene, and the realization that things just can't work out - even if it's not out of a lack of love.

The two confessions of love were both pretty cringy, but, I think they pulled them off well actually. I stopped for a few minutes when Kitamura confessed in front of everybody because it was so cringy, but the aftereffect was great.

I'm super curious what Ami means about Minori having her "guilt gone" or something like that? Is it because Minori possibly loves Taiga?
observing a woman's body
Jan 1, 2020 5:09 AM

Feb 2019
Didn't really understand what Ami meant when she said to Minorin about no more guilt. I think I get it now after reading some of the posts on this thread. So Minorin is starting to have feelings for Ryuji? I think of all the ships in the series, Minorin x Ryuji is one of the ones that I really like, if not the one, so I'm kinda not hoping for a Taiga x Ryuji.

That was quite intense. Especially that fight, wasn't expecting that in this anime. Kinda brutal too (relatively), seeing how they got all bruised up and bloodied. So Sumire has feelings for Kitamura too? That's a pretty bittersweet conclusion for all of this... Kinda sad actually.
Jan 22, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2015
Man, reading these episode discussions is honestly making me lose brain cells.

Jan 22, 2020 9:35 PM
Mar 2019
People sleep on Kitamura's story in the show. It's overshadowed by the relationship between the two main characters.
Aug 13, 2020 7:46 AM

Jun 2020
id said:

I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

There are so much more we didn't know about Ami's and Monari's romance! Got to watch for the following episodes to find out.
Sep 8, 2020 2:37 AM

Aug 2018
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5
WOW that would have been a better story conclusion
Oct 20, 2020 12:56 PM

Feb 2020
This episode is definitely my least favorite. There are so many things wrong with it.

Firstly, I feel extremely bad for Kano. She did absolutely nothing wrong, she just helped Kitamura when he needed it, she couldn't guess that he would fall in love with her. Her words are harsh, but she clearly means well, and she's not obligated to answer to Kitamura just like that, he made a fool of himself and dragged her into it, she did what she could to prevent the situation from worsening. The result ? She got beat up and called out by Taiga, leading her to be forced to face her own inner pain. What happened to her in this ep is quite insane when you think about it, and yet she's been portrayed as the one in the wrong. She's not. She didn't even let Kitamura get the wrong idea, she didn't know he felt that way about her at first. She really did nothing wrong. I'm glad she left, not because I dislike her, but because she deserves way better than what she got at this school.

Now, there's the whole thing with Kitamura himself. He is just so pathetic. I know that's the point, but at the same time he is somehow also portrayed as a poor, desperate guy who did nothing wrong. And his reasons for doing what he did are completely disproportionate. I can't bring myself to feel bad for him. Ami and Kano are totally right about him, he is incredibly immature.
Also, he is so insensitive. He knows that Taiga loves him, and after friendzoning her and then flirting with her, he confesses to someone else in front of her, not just once but twice ?! How am I supposed to actually like someone like him ?!

Now let's talk about Taiga. Seriously, anytime I start warming up to her, the show makes her fall back into her unbearable abusive self. What exactly was that ending ? Okay, she deep down knows that she might not be doing the right thing, but first of all : can't she figure out by herself how wrong that really is ? Second of all : why doesn't Ryuuji tell her so ? Why does he just let her bully everyone ?
And okay, she is emotional and reacts accordingly, but I think we've arrived to a point in the show were she really should start learning about dealing with her feelings a different way. And actually, even if that happens now, it's a bit too late for me given how everyone let her do whatever she wants for 16 episodes.
Also : can't she realize that Kitamura barely did anything for her ? Ryuuji's the one who did everything ! She might be in love with Kitamura, it doesn't allow her to be so ungrateful towards anyone else.

And finally, Ryuuji. Oh my gosh, this guy, I feel such an intense urge to slap him in the face. Until now, I actually liked him, but this ep just made me realize that I can't stand his hero complex anymore. I can't stand how he always believes he knows better than others what is best for them, how he always gets into other people's business, and how he somehow feels so superior he just calls out everyone without trying to understand why they react the way they do. And worst of all, he doesn't evolve. He didn't learn anything from this event with Taiga's father. The show is so afraid to make him change, it's becoming insufferable.

And one last thing : did Ryuuji and Taiga actually guilt-trip Kitamura ? Okay, this jerk deserved it but let's just imagine that he doesn't : is that okay to do that ? Of course it's not !

I still like this show, and this awful episode somehow doesn't make me want to change my rating, but I'm still angry. Plus, the lack of Ami and Minori has been strongly noticeable in this episode, they're actually the only two characters that I still truly care about. I hope they won't disappoint me.
FafetteOct 20, 2020 1:06 PM
Jan 18, 2021 1:20 AM

Nov 2018
Best episode of the series and it's not even close.

Minorin obviously has a crush on Mr Dragon , but hides it because of her friend and feels really bad for having it.

Ami really went through a massive character development.

Miss President is really relatable , one of the best INTJs I've ever met in anime , not that dumb psychopath mastermind stereotype again.

Now this is a quality school drama , not too exaggerated.
I hate everyone equally
Mar 9, 2021 7:13 PM
Jan 2020
At last, a Taiga fight. Very emotional
May 31, 2021 8:10 PM

Jan 2016
Oh boy, what Kitamura did during the speech was very awkward. I almost wanted to skip to the next episode. So in summary, everyone likes everyone but everyone is too scared to admit. Typical highschool stuff.

Jun 25, 2021 1:39 AM

Jun 2020
Let your teacher have a break already lol she's been through some stuff, Kitamura went back to his usual self and contemplated if he would run or not

And that was a bold confession in front of a lot of students, I wonder how Taiga will react to this does she always carry that wooden katana in her back like she's ready

Holy that fight went all out and scary but a lot of emotions got poured out as well.
Jul 27, 2021 5:51 PM

Jul 2017
The drama in this series is way, way too corny for my liking and this Kitamura arc brings out I'd say the worst in the whole series. At least the final stretch seems to be looming so the rewatch isn't too far from being done.
Oct 24, 2021 5:43 AM

Mar 2020
And we are back to the shitty unrealistic drama/deep episodes. Am I watching a Comedy/Romance or a Brazilian soap opera? Holy fuck did the writers of this ever go outside and experience what real human beings behave like? It makes me 10x more angry because the series is actually really good when it focuses on comedy
Dec 22, 2021 4:40 PM

Sep 2016
Taiga is batshit crazy and I'm LOVING it
My candies:
Jan 10, 2022 3:50 PM
Mar 2021
What the hell???? This episode was really awful. The show was going in such a good direction, too... I can't stand Kitamura's personality, he's the most fake, self-centered person ever and they're acting like he's a nice person somehow. They're also acting like just because he made a fool of himself and got up on stage and said some cringe confession that the student council president owed him a response. And then Taiga attacked her and insulted her because she didn't respond. So cringe and dumb and immature. She doesn't owe him anything, he was the asshole to begin with for putting her in that situation in front of the whole school. This episode makes me want to stop watching the show, it's that bad. God I hate Kitamura and I hope he ends up alone at the end because tbh his emo ass doesn't even deserve friends let alone a girlfriend
Feb 25, 2022 8:44 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Holy... that sakuga though.

This was an unexpected but a nice way to wrap up this arc here. I didn't think they would take such a large step forward dramatically but I don't mind

Apr 10, 2022 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
Man to be young again! All for da pussy my boi. But damn yea its best to reject someone than to leave them in limbo lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2022 7:08 PM

Oct 2020
That was crazy! Tbh I didn't feel like we got enough on Kano to really care about her character much-- I mean we didn't even know her name until like 1-2 episodes ago.

the ending bit with Kano laughing at Taiga's 'apology' was cute tho
May 4, 2022 7:10 PM

Oct 2020
tsumetai1163 said:
What the hell???? This episode was really awful. The show was going in such a good direction, too... I can't stand Kitamura's personality, he's the most fake, self-centered person ever and they're acting like he's a nice person somehow. They're also acting like just because he made a fool of himself and got up on stage and said some cringe confession that the student council president owed him a response. And then Taiga attacked her and insulted her because she didn't respond. So cringe and dumb and immature. She doesn't owe him anything, he was the asshole to begin with for putting her in that situation in front of the whole school. This episode makes me want to stop watching the show, it's that bad. God I hate Kitamura and I hope he ends up alone at the end because tbh his emo ass doesn't even deserve friends let alone a girlfriend

BRUTAL-- but I get what you mean
Jun 8, 2022 10:18 AM
Apr 2022
During the fight between Taiga and Sumire,the background music is really good , i have been trying to find it for a year ...does anyone knows the name ot the background music or perhaps share the link ... thank you
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

309 by a0i-kun »»
Yesterday, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 5, 2008

241 by soberkatz110 »»
Sep 18, 5:57 PM

» Anyone know which eps to skip? ( 1 2 3 )

CleansedSpace - Aug 23

100 by Buny0058 »»
Sep 16, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 7, 2009

245 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1113 by WarmedBagel »»
Sep 8, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.