Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2008 9:48 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Screens:
Oct 8, 2008 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
Beat me to creating by a min. D: Haha.

Anyways, I love their silly little plan in the basketball scene. Lol @ their faces after they got misunderstood. Poor pole getting bullied and beaten up by the two. XD

Taiga finally got to confess! And aww she was so cute stuttering. But yay Tiger x Dragon. :D

I'm still liking how it's being adapted so far even though I think some parts were taken out..? -can't remember well- I'll need to rewatch this~
Oct 8, 2008 10:44 AM

Nov 2007
Mhia said:

I'm still liking how it's being adapted so far even though I think some parts were taken out..? -can't remember well- I'll need to rewatch this~

If I remember correctly Takatsu was in the bathroom when she confessed in the manga.

I havent watched it yet, just got the raw right now and DLing. I'm still loving the ED song. Yui Horie ftw.

Ok now that I watched the whole episode differences between anime and manga:

Taiga carries her own cookies first and drops them out of the window, Taketsu gives her his cookies.

Taketsu and Tiaga are chased by the police after they bent the street pole.

Taketsu was present when Tiaga was throwing her tantrum about them going out.

Thats about it I think. I was surprised at how fast they are moving. No more manga chapters are covered after this one :0.

On another note:

Toki o Kakeru Shōjo reference :D

KY791Oct 8, 2008 11:12 AM
\
Oct 8, 2008 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
Mhia said:

Actually, a LOT of parts have been taken out :/.
Oct 8, 2008 11:32 AM

Nov 2007
Soo after getting to rewatch, there really was a lot of difference. O_O They covered around chapters 3 - 11 all in this one ep. Sorta disappointed since the first ep went great. So I got the impression they'd cover most of the manga. Oh well, it was still enjoyable~ :D

But I gotta say, I find the OP to be pretty catchy. <3 I kept replaying it. XD Do want: full version.
MikaaaOct 8, 2008 4:51 PM
Oct 8, 2008 4:14 PM
Oct 2008
Well.....the manga FTW i guess

I cant believe they destroyed the pole scene....they just had it for like less than a minute...and i hate it that anime!Takasu is not as insightful as manga!Takasu...I mean wheres the whole "I understand you cuz Im just like you" bit from the manga...yeah sure it was kinda cheesy and cliche but without it it sorta feels "empty" if you know what i mean. Then again, at the pace they're going, its hard to get a feel for the characters.....this episode just covered too much too fast

I was expecting more plotting and scheming in Ryuji and Taiga's part in the basketball scene that would create sum lulz. I was also expecting the pole scene to be at least quarter to half the episode

Again im going by wat i saw from the raw...will of course see the subs
Oct 8, 2008 4:26 PM

May 2007
Did they just do the first volume of the novel in merely 2 episodes...???

What the hell.

At least WRYYYYYYYYYY was fun
Oct 8, 2008 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
So fast! All was funny!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 8, 2008 8:17 PM

Apr 2008
Very catchy op, it was missing some Manga scenes but Thumbs up.
Oct 9, 2008 12:46 AM
Jul 2008
I still haven't made up my mind about this series. It does look ok, but I think I'll have to wait and see how many other series I drop this season.
Oct 9, 2008 3:23 AM

Jul 2008
the OP was ok for me but i still like the ED more. i didnt read the manga or the novel so i dont know how fast they are, but at least for me it didnt really feel like rushed.

Oct 9, 2008 12:36 PM

Jun 2007
I felt like since they covered the whole first volume in 2 episodes, the build up wasn't really there. I mean it just felt longer in the novel. A lot was cut out and I was missing a lot of scenes that I wish they hadn't. I was expecting them to end the episode where Minorin thought they were a couple and leave it in one of those "uh oh" manners. Well minus a couple of chapters they have pretty much caught up to where i have read so I don't know what to expect now.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Oct 9, 2008 11:52 PM

Apr 2008
Well, gg just released the subbed version a few minutes ago. It seems it'll outrun the manga REALLY soon O_o
Oct 10, 2008 12:13 AM
Sep 2007
Cool episode, I wasn't expecting Taiga's confession so early in the show. Chemistry between her and Ryuuji is great.
Oct 10, 2008 12:21 AM

Nov 2007
This is how a romantic comedy should be done.

Also, I like the OP. It's weird and quirky, but catchy. I dig it.
Oct 10, 2008 12:22 AM

Jan 2007
hmm...i enjoyed this episode but it was done so much better in the manga. I think it went a bit too fast. Not enough time to build the chemistry between Ryuuji and Taiga.
Oct 10, 2008 12:27 AM

May 2008
wtf..why can't they just stick with the manga's story line??
Oct 10, 2008 12:40 AM

Sep 2007
What's up with the parrot?
Oct 10, 2008 12:49 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty much everything about this show has impressed me so far. I basically agree with Asako.

Guess I should pick up the manga...
Oct 10, 2008 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
Really liking this show so far. But when taiga is being a bitch it kinda annoys me.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 10, 2008 1:55 AM

Jun 2008
decent episode but it was kinda boring at some scenes
Oct 10, 2008 1:55 AM

Jun 2008
kie_ said:
decent episode but it was kinda boring at some scenes

Word.

But awsome.
Oct 10, 2008 2:23 AM

Feb 2008
Cool episode, but it was kind of rushed. I'm guessing this is going to be 12/13 episodes considering how fast things are going.
Oct 10, 2008 2:23 AM

May 2007
gdavge2003 said:
Well, gg just released the subbed version a few minutes ago. It seems it'll outrun the manga REALLY soon O_o
Yup. Seems they quickly catch up with the manga and almost caught up already so I can't wait to see new materials next week.

Win episode is win.
Oct 10, 2008 2:30 AM

Jul 2008
OK, I saw this RAW before anyways. ONE THING: THE POLE THING IS STUPID! WHy would you kick a pole? SCREW THAT! Do it on a stop sign........I destroyed one once when I was pissed. I DESTROY MANY MANY THINGS WHEN I AM PISSED. Besides just like in the USA when you hit and try to break a phone booth, in Japan hitting the pole is considered vandalism so YEAH YOU GET CHASED BY THE COPS!

If all are BLIND....then you all should see that Aisaka and Ryuuji are becoming way more serious! Kitamura rejected her proposal as just staying friends. WHAT A FUCKI** IDIOT AHO HITO! Should be more man....IDIOT Kitamura!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 2:41 AM

Apr 2008
Ah i enjoyed that quite a bit, was all pretty funny.

then the last half with all her studdering and cuteness D:

the spinning kick was funny too

and the last line was so cute "He said "Taiga"
omg moe .___.
Oct 10, 2008 2:41 AM

Jan 2008
This show just keeps getting better, basketball scene was great XD

Great OP btw.
Oct 10, 2008 2:46 AM
Dec 2007
Wow, this episode was so much better than the first one, we rarely see an episode with so many developments in a romance/comedy anime... I'm really impressed by the direction, the originality, and the pace right now. I don't know the manga but I'm glad they didn't do the same things seeing how good this episode was.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 10, 2008 4:00 AM

Jul 2008
Jacut said:
Wow, this episode was so much better than the first one, we rarely see an episode with so many developments in a romance/comedy anime... I'm really impressed by the direction, the originality, and the pace right now. I don't know the manga but I'm glad they didn't do the same things seeing how good this episode was.

Yeah, I know. About the specifics of the directions. They do like a serious tone with obvious hints yet they dhow the progress going smoothly. On top of that one will not give up the other that they love yet they will somehow end up together and they are using as a excuse. I know Aisaka is with Kitamura since he said he only wants to be friends with Aisaka.
Oct 10, 2008 4:18 AM
Mar 2008
I really liked it.
Oct 10, 2008 4:34 AM

May 2008
The op was really good, and Aisaka got rejected... interesting episode.
Oct 10, 2008 5:30 AM
Sep 2008
Well.. pretty good episode :) I haven't read the manga so I really like the anime. It kinda resembles Lovely Complex .. I hope it will be at least as good as LovCom is =D
Oct 10, 2008 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Watched it just now, since subs are bound to come up pretty fast for TD, I gave up on picking up the raws.

Not only they cut off many scenes from the manga/novel altogether, they also made some other pointless modifications they didn't need to. For example Ryuuji listening to the confession from the bathroom, and Taiga hurting her leg at the pole, which I was really looking forward to see animated.
Oct 10, 2008 6:47 AM

Jun 2008
I liked very much. The part of the witness's was great xD
Oct 10, 2008 7:20 AM

Mar 2008
Meh so far so good, it's do-able.
The highlights for me are when the parakeet comes on-screen lmao he's crazy.
I'm glad the series (so far) isn't exactly like others in the over-extreme tsundere stuff, so on to the next episode

MAL list updates
Oct 10, 2008 8:00 AM

Dec 2007
It was quite a good episode overall. I have to say it's getting quite interesting as someone who only has watched the anime.
Oct 10, 2008 8:21 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. Some scenes were done great, but I think they rushed the confession. Though with that conclusion, it seems I will still get to see some hilarious scenes of making Kitamura see that her feelings are genuine.
Oct 10, 2008 8:56 AM

Feb 2008
Not having read the manga or novels or whatever this episode did not feel rushed at all. It seems to be progressing at a natural pace all the while being extremely funny. There was not one scene out of place in this episode.
Oct 10, 2008 9:04 AM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
hmm...i enjoyed this episode but it was done so much better in the manga. I think it went a bit too fast. Not enough time to build the chemistry between Ryuuji and Taiga.

Indeed they did it much too fast, it looked like Taiga only stayed at Ryu's house once and not a long time till people started saying they were together.
She didn't get a swollen knee after kicking the latern and had to be carried home by Ryu.
And Ryu wasn't in the toilet when he heard Taiga confess outside as well as some other minor details. :<

Oh well it was still enjoyable
and next episode the anime has overrun the manga, so the people having read the the manga can't complain about everything anymore (only those who have read the novel...). :D
Oct 10, 2008 9:09 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, the second anime episode has suddenly gone through ten manga chapters. The sence with Taiga and Kitamura just wasn't as good as it was in the manga b/c the relationship with Ryuuji and Taiga wasn't developed enough. When I started watching this episode I was thinking it was going to be about the basketball plan like they had in the manga not just skip through everything within a half hour. But overall I really liked this episode, it's obvious that the anime will deviate from the manga at this point though I still have high hopes that this will be a great anime
Oct 10, 2008 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
I kinda agree that it was alittle rushed, it would have been nice if they gave us atleast one episode where it shows their relationship growing. But hopfully this is one of those animes that will skip nonsense and get to what's important and I hope it's not over run with filler cause I'm really enjoying this anime so far.

Also it might be fast because they may be a short series. we still don't know howmany episodes there are actually gonna be.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 10, 2008 9:42 AM

Jun 2007
I didn't quite enjoy this overall. Sure, the episode was pretty nicely done, but the story... It was just...typical? I've seen this kind of development dozens of times before. I hope it won't continue the average way.
Oct 10, 2008 9:57 AM

Apr 2007
OH SNAP FRIEND ZONE

meh, even tho this is cliche, it's still much better than znt.
regular school > mahou stuff.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 10, 2008 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:

!
Oct 10, 2008 10:19 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty funny, good OP.

I'm not too sure about that parrot though. Kinda creeps me out.
Oct 10, 2008 10:24 AM

Feb 2008
There's still plenty of chance for this show to go to crap, but it's doing pretty well, in my opinion.
Oct 10, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
so, coming off of the trainwreck that was the last episode, episode 2 was pretty good. I didn't read the manga, so I don't have the hang ups that some the others seem to have. Everything played out relatively well, with the exception of the pole thing, which just felt out of place.
Oct 10, 2008 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
that was one messed up confession
Oct 10, 2008 11:40 AM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
so, coming off of the trainwreck that was the last episode, episode 2 was pretty good. I didn't read the manga, so I don't have the hang ups that some the others seem to have. Everything played out relatively well, with the exception of the pole thing, which just felt out of place.
It's funny cause a lot of people are acting like everything's going to pot because *gasp*, they outran the manga. Hello, this is an adaptation of the novel, from which said manga is also an adaptation. At least have a fit because they went through the novel details too fast. But I guess now we will only have 1 or 2 people pointing out changes instead of half the posts.

Since I'm rather new to this specific series, I can't compare it to the manga and/or novel. That said, I did think they went by a little too fast. What they covered in 1 episode could have been covered in 2 showing us more details on the growing relationship between Taiga and Ryuuji. We end up just "hearing" what they did during those days instead of seeing it for the most part.

Oct 10, 2008 11:41 AM
Jun 2008
I've never read the Manga, so I don't know anything about these adaptations and summaries, but from what I saw of the episode, I liked. I didn't know what to feel about the first episode and was like o_o. But, this episode was a lot more smoothed out without all the confusing wackiness. I like the pairing of Ryuji and Taiga. They're funny together.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.