Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion


#1
Jan 21, 2009 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1254
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5
 
#2
Jan 21, 2009 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5


Dunno. I can't even analyze that. At this point, I've come to one realization...Ami loves to torment Minorin and I love her more for it.

I just saw the ep and may I say I loved it. I didn't understand a word except when Ryuuji said to Kitamura-kun, America and Kanou Sumire. Beyond that I was lost. But the artwork was the shizite.

I think I'll wait until the subs to add a bit more but I loved it. I think I liked it, because the fight between the girls was one, something brimming underneath the surface since episode 3 when Kanou was first introduced. Secondly, because it reminded me of fights between girls in my all girls school. When fights broke out, you make way and no one got involved. At least these girls seemed to have martial arts discipline...girls around my way used everything. From desk chairs, to text books, to their backpacks. Some would say how my school would allow it, it wasn't an every day thing but when it happened it was all out.

Great ep, again I'll add more when the subs come out. Oh and it was good to know I was on the right track about Kitamura-kun and Kanou-Kun.
 
#3
Jan 21, 2009 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 811
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. What an intense episode. man.



Also, funny scene :P


I feel kind of bad for Taiga, but it seems like she's ok with what happened.
 
#4
Jan 21, 2009 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 348
Oh My God SOOO Epic 100/10.. That was on the same Epic level as Clannad, My God I love this show!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
 
#5
Jan 21, 2009 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 34
vaberella said:
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5


Dunno. I can't even analyze that. At this point, I've come to one realization...Ami loves to torment Minorin and I love her more for it.


"After the fight Amin and her friends discover Taiga’s notebook with the picture of her and Yuusaku in it. Minori sees this - realizing that Taiga likes Yuusaku - and there’s another picture under that one, but Ami takes the book before anyone can see it. Ami then suggests that Minori’s guilt should be gone now"

Remember the last ep?
Minorin slowly realizes her feelings for Ryuuji...
BUT: She thinks Ryuuji and Taiga make the perfect couple and although Taiga denied it, Minorin thought she is in love with him.

The guilty feeling Amin is talking about, are the fakt that she has started to love Ryuuji, but doesnt want to steal him from Taiga. Therefore she called herself dishonest an disguisting?
Now she gets to know that Taiga actually was in love with Kitamura, so now she is free to love Ryuuji with no guilt!

I don't think Amin wanted to torment Minorin, but i thought Amin didn't want to support Minorin but Taiga, cause she always pointed to Ryuuji that Minorin isn't the right one for him.

Whatever..

The resolution of this arc was pretty obvious and it was so clear that Kitamura was in love with Sumire. I liked the fight and the outcome with Sumire confessing to.

Next Episode seems a little bit relaxing and a little distant from drama content, before the mainstory progresses to the TaigaXMinorinXRyuuji Triangle, that is obviously happening in the future, because, although Taiga didn't realize herself yet, she has begun to grow romantic feelings for Ryuuji too. I hope this series doesn't go the 0815 route with a TaigaXRyuuji paring at the end. ;)

Also im very interestet what Amins part will become..
Priviously my thoughts were, that she also secretly is in love with Kitamura, but her reactions this episode prove me wrong.
Modified by dudave, Jan 21, 2009 5:49 PM
 
#6
Jan 21, 2009 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 127
I need to watch the subs. There was just waaaaay too much dialogue to process. But wow that was some serious business folks.

Brownie points for me for making the prediction couple episodes earlier :P
\
 
#7
Jan 21, 2009 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
dudave said:
vaberella said:
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

Anyway, I don't think i need to say more, this episode is just great.

6/5


Dunno. I can't even analyze that. At this point, I've come to one realization...Ami loves to torment Minorin and I love her more for it.


"After the fight Amin and her friends discover Taiga’s notebook with the picture of her and Yuusaku in it. Minori sees this - realizing that Taiga likes Yuusaku - and there’s another picture under that one, but Ami takes the book before anyone can see it. Ami then suggests that Minori’s guilt should be gone now"

Remember the last ep?
Minorin slowly realizes her feelings for Ryuuji...
BUT: She thinks Ryuuji and Taiga make the perfect couple and although Taiga denied it, Minorin thought she is in love with him.

The guilty feeling Amin is talking about, are the fakt that she has started to love Ryuuji, but doesnt want to steal him from Taiga. Therefore she called herself dishonest an disguisting?
Now she gets to know that Taiga actually was in love with Kitamura, so now she is free to love Ryuuji with no guilt!

I don't think Amin wanted to torment Minorin, but i thought Amin didn't want to support Minorin but Taiga, cause she always pointed to Ryuuji that Minorin isn't the right one for him.

Whatever..

The resolution of this arc was pretty obvious and it was so clear that Kitamura was in love with Sumire. I liked the fight and the outcome with Sumire confessing to.

Next Episode seems a little bit relaxing and a little distant from drama content, before the mainstory progresses to the TaigaXMinorinXRyuuji Triangle, that is obviously happening in the future, because, although Taiga didn't realize herself yet, she has begun to grow romantic feelings for Ryuuji too. I hope this series doesn't go the 0815 route with a TaigaXRyuuji paring at the end. ;)

Also im very interestet what Amins part will become..
Priviously my thoughts were, that she also secretly is in love with Kitamura, but her reactions this episode prove me wrong.


In the case of the last ep...I didn't see anything of the sort where Minorin recognized her feelings for Ryuuji far from it actually. In this ep, again no translations yet for me to know what Minori said to Taiga. However, I do understand your point and it's valid.

Well I've always known that eventually, or I should say speculated, Minorin would come to have feelings for Ryuuji despite always saying she doesn't want to have anything to do with him. Then she might confess but just end up alone in the end because it would be too late.

So that was a gimme to me. As for Ami. I don't again know what to make of her yet, considering I haven't seen the subs to analyze, but I can say that I don't think she supports Taiga. Remember in episode 13 and/or 14 Ami said twice to Ryuuji that Taiga, along with Minori, weren't good enough for him. So it's not like she is supportive of Taiga, that's far from the case. So I saw no other reason that she wants to torment Minorin. The thing is, I find she could do the same thing to Taiga, but she wouldn't get away with it if it was Taiga. Not to mention Taiga has a deeper relationship with Ryuuji than Minorin could ever have, so Minorin is less of a threat to her affections for Ryuuji if Minorin actively pursued Ryuuji and ultimately drew him away from Taiga. Taiga has more power without realizing it.

 
#8
Jan 21, 2009 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1254
Ah now i get it, so Minorin likes Ryuji, and felt guilty for wanting to steal him from Taiga. But now that pic proved that Taiga really does like Kitamura, she don't have to go through that betrayal feeling.

vaberella said:
After the fight Amin and her friends discover Taiga’s notebook with the picture of her and Yuusaku in it. Minori sees this - realizing that Taiga likes Yuusaku - and there’s another picture under that one, but Ami takes the book before anyone can see it.


hmm.. i'm guessing that's a pic of Taiga and Ryuji, probably Ami took it before anyone can see it to prevent Minorin from getting hurt. Can't be sure though :/
 
#9
Jan 22, 2009 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
id said:
Ah now i get it, so Minorin likes Ryuji, and felt guilty for wanting to steal him from Taiga. But now that pic proved that Taiga really does like Kitamura, she don't have to go through that betrayal feeling.

Basically...but I think the picture that Minorin heard might have tipped it towards that angle...however I think it was Ami's words that really might make her go that direction. But again, I think it will be on deaf ears and she might get rejected in the end.

id said:
vaberella said:
After the fight Amin and her friends discover Taiga’s notebook with the picture of her and Yuusaku in it. Minori sees this - realizing that Taiga likes Yuusaku - and there’s another picture under that one, but Ami takes the book before anyone can see it.


hmm.. i'm guessing that's a pic of Taiga and Ryuji, probably Ami took it before anyone can see it to prevent Minorin from getting hurt. Can't be sure though :/


I just wanted to specify something if you were not sure or not aware. I was quoting dudave; the quote you listed as mine was actually his/hers.

You're most definitely right that the hidden pic is of Taiga and Ryuuji this was pushed from episode 14...it's the most logical scenario/conclusion.

Deathfired {http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=61359&show=60}, post #64, a poster mentioned how Taiga bought a picture of Ryuuji and her---the bidibidibidibi one in episode 14. At first I disagreed, but when I re-watched the episode a few times---and once in slow motion with my sister, you actually do see what picture Taiga was looking at which was the one I mentioned. You don't see it at first but you do know she wasn't looking for the Kitamura and her picture.

It's the scene where Ryuuji says you want picture 130 or something like that...but that wasn't the number she was writing down. I'm starting to think when Ami took the book and said what she said it might have been a mistake on her part. She looked angry after she said...since that gives Minorin some leverage and cause to go after Ryuuji who wants her and she's rejected in the past. For whatever reason it may be. However, I do think this could help Ami in the long run if only to push at least one of the other girls in his life out of the way....Taiga. <---But only someone manipulative would think something like that and I don't see Ami as manipulative at all. A spoiled princess but not manipulative.

 
Jan 22, 2009 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Donno if you guys might've missed it or not; right after the ED song there is a little more about the story :D
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
 
Jan 22, 2009 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
AkariChan said:
Donno if you guys might've missed it or not; right after the ED song there is a little more about the story :D


I saw it. :D Taiga writes a postcard to Madame Ex-President which says one thing..."Baka!" It was brilliant. ^_^

This place needs emoticons. :D
 
Jan 22, 2009 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 284
UGH. boo to emoticons. People will abuse them. hehe

Yay for Taiga kicking the president's ---! I wanted more. I want to see more Minorin now. I'm ready. I mean I want the same amount of Taiga and Ryuuji goodness, but it's time for more Minorin now.

I already want episode 17. *Sigh.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
 
Jan 22, 2009 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
OMG nice analysis people. But here's another thing most of you should've noticed, after the scene about the whole "Guilt" thing. Amin sort of bit her lip. This most probably translated into the following...

inside ami's head: "Sh*t, now I got to deal with Minori trying to steal Ryujii from me"

Anyways, the fight scene was just awesome. If only fighting in class was that cool, I would pick a fight every single day.

Happy Viewing people
"I am a Zel Guardian! I shall proctect those in battle."

click my siggy and discover a whole new world.
 
Jan 22, 2009 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
This was definitely a great episode. It finally resolved Kitamura and Sumire's relationship and leaned more towards the TaigaxKitamura angle.

Taiga fighting with Sumire was just awesome. Lolz at the shoe kicked into Taiga's face. Although I kind of hax'd when Taiga suddenly pulled out a wooden sword from her back. Her being so short... how does it even fit there? Unless it's a short wooden sword... but how would she even sit comfortably like that?

I don't think Ami was trying to support Taiga or anyone else for that matter. She was just completely neutral and letting the events play out. The supar sekret pic underneath the TaigaxKitamura infers that Taiga could still be having mixed emotions for Ryuuji. I believe that Ami took the wallet before they saw the pic and asked Minori about the guilt to give her a chance. I don't think Ami is the type of person to manipulate others but also the type to actively go after Ryuuji like that. She secretly likes him but doesn't want to openly admit that thus she just "jokingly" flirts around and gives the other two their chances.

Lolz at them having the generic big chested blonde American girl at the end with Sumire.
 
Jan 22, 2009 11:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3610
BEST ANIME EVER MADE
 
Jan 22, 2009 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3610
All right, I've calmed down from emotional echo watching this episode.

Pretty much my summary... perhaps we see through Taiga and Ryuuji's plot. She attempts to elect herself as student council in order to get Kitamura back to his old self, and that became obvious later. Kitamura actually loved the student council Kanou all along, as she was the one who made him stand out ever since the Taiga incident beginning of high school. Some of Kitamura's traits, antics, and energetic behaviors were all actually inspired by his beloved one. And finally, he confessed during the election.

And man, I'm just speechless with what happened after that. Kanou is actually being fully considerate towards Kitamura but is misunderstood by Ryuuji and Taiga. Also noted that that was one of the times Taiga really NEED Ryuuji, when she asked him to be in his friend's side and she can be no use. And suddenly... Taiga reveals her wooden sword from the back of her shirt! After that, Te Nori Taiga does what she do best in making her name infamous all around school.

The aftermath was just so tearjerker. I never expected it from Kanou and Kitamura. And then it was just so damn funny... Taiga got suspended for 2 weeks and sent the "apology" letter. XD

Very excellent writing again in an episode filled with epic win. Questions arises though. Right now, I'm confused why is Minori upset. Perhaps Minori knew Taiga loved Kitamura all long? And why is Ami also upset? Was she also interested with Kitamura despite of being long time childhood friends?
 
Jan 23, 2009 12:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 690
great epic episode. Its gud thing kitamura let out what he kept in his heart for soo long. and at the same time the person he loves also knows it+acknowledged it which makes both side clear of their burdens. now on minori's case, since she now know how taiga genuinely loved kitamura, she definitely can be honest with her own feelings, instead of burdening them inside to her self ;)
 
Jan 23, 2009 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 613
WAH! WHERE CAN I FIND THIS EPISODE? DD:

 
Jan 23, 2009 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1067
you people say ami isn't manipulating things but i think she is, kinda biding her time till everything falls into place... but i doubt that will happen. i see this series slowing going to a taiga x ryuuji ending, but god i hope not
 
Jan 23, 2009 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3708
Holy Sweet Fucking Zombie Raptor Jesus. I don't really need to summarize again, the fight scene was fantastic, and Kitamura has mad balls, Taiga pulling a sword out of her clothes is mad hax too. I was saddened by the sheer lack of Minori though, and the sheer lack of Minori lulz. Oh well, fantastic episode, and while a little predictable a great way to end the arc.

Ryuukishi said:
WAH! WHERE CAN I FIND THIS EPISODE? DD:


TT.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
 
Jan 23, 2009 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
I rather hope for a Ryuuji and Taiga being like brother/sister ending instead of RyuujixTaiga.
 
Jan 23, 2009 1:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1202
Holy shat the build up, the fight and after that, was awesome. I lactated.

I'm guessin,
Ami saw the pic of Kitamura and Taiga in Taiga's wallet. Confirming Taiga loves Kitamura. Making Minorin's guilt of holding back her feelings for Ryuuji lifted, cause she thought Taiga likes Ryuuji.
Ami seems pissed that she isn't helping herself.
Taiga might go for Ryuuji now? Or continue fighting for Kitamura.
Cool shit.
 
Jan 23, 2009 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 10587
I am truly impressed. I never thought Toradora could become something like this. So much detail and it is setting up for what could be an amazing finish.

 
Jan 23, 2009 1:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3708
Oh, so I like forgot to mention this but... What happened to the new OP/ED sequences?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
 
Jan 23, 2009 2:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 396
Worst episode ever. It's like i was watching Dragon ball z.

 
Jan 23, 2009 2:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
DeltaPlus said:
Worst episode ever. It's like i was watching Dragon ball z.


I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, I kinda feel you on that. The ZOMG SWORDFIGHT thing was really lame. The shounen fighting moments I could do without. Also, AN ASTRONAUT?! REALLY?!
 
Jan 23, 2009 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 119
Wasabi said:
Lolz at them having the generic big chested blonde American girl at the end with Sumire.


hahah i lol'd when i saw that too.

yeah i really like where the story's going..i think some of the explanations/predictions made in this thread sound pretty accurate. i think minori's guilt was liking ryuuji but not wanting to steal him away from taiga. i also think that ami does have feelings for ryuuji..we'll see what happens with that though. i really hope it doesn't end up taigaxryuuji..

omg..sumire's face looked so messed up..how sad..but LOL at her kicking a shoe at taiga's face hahah
 
Jan 23, 2009 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 285
Holy shit. What an episode of win.
 
Jan 23, 2009 2:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2172
Best episode so far imho. I loved everything about it, and cried a bit... made me wish I could as selfless and kind as Sumire.
 
Jan 23, 2009 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 56
The best episode for me ^_^


I also agree that the guilt that Ami referred to was Minori on Ryuuji. It hit her so hard
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
 
Jan 23, 2009 4:17 AM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2778
I loved it :3
The fight scene was a bit over the line but still it was nice...
If girls could fight like that we would have huge probelms -.-

PS> Agree that Taiga is a violent bitch.
PS2> Ami fucking owns.
PS3> If in the end Riouji choose Taiga while Minorin loves him hes gonna be a mega retard. If you hunt down a girl make sure you like her FFS.
PS4> I would never never never never never confess like that 0.o
 
Jan 23, 2009 4:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Yeah that was definately an awesome episode.

As far as the Minorin feeling guilty part, I believe Amin was referring to Minorin feeling guilty that Ryuuji likes her instead of Taiga, who before now she thought was in love with Ryuuji, but after seeing her fight so hard for Kitamura, she can rest easy that shes not stealing him away from Taiga. And the gritting of teeth on Amin's part, in my belief, is because she also has feelings for Ryuuji, but knows he likes Minorin, and by steering Minorin towards Ryuuji, she's doing it for his sake, not her own, and it pains her. She's basically doing what Minorin was doing when she thought Taiga liked Ryuuji, the roles have just shifted a bit.
 
Jan 23, 2009 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4408
Holy crap that was an excellent episode. I really love how this series is going, I can't say I've seen anything like it before, if this keeps up or gets any better it's going in my favorites.
Modified by Jigero, Jan 23, 2009 6:18 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
 
Jan 23, 2009 5:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 380
Epic episode. The Minorin guilt thing was quite confusing, but the fight was interesting. I like how the Taiga charged in ^_^ Well, I practice kendo after all. The posters and flyers Taiga and Ryuji distributed in the beginning were hilarious. I guess new OP/ED starts next episode, as this one was quite logical arc ending.
 
Jan 23, 2009 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
nyamo said:
you people say ami isn't manipulating things but i think she is, kinda biding her time till everything falls into place... but i doubt that will happen. i see this series slowing going to a taiga x ryuuji ending, but god i hope not


I disagree. You seem to be making Ami out to be evil and she's not. She's arrogant, concieted, and spoiled but she really isn't manipulative. Although at times her actions may seem that way. She likes pushing Taiga for sure, but I see her and Taiga as extremely similar characters.

Ami has seen these people as her friends and she's created close bonds with them, that' can't be forgotten since it was explicitly expresssed in episode 13, I believe. So to think she'd be intentionally planning something so underhanded seems OOC for me. She adores Ryuuji and it's something that moved from tormenting Taiga to appreciating his kindness towards her, never judging her, and supporting her.

As for RxT----I think it's safe to say it's as likely as tomorrow is another day and that was established from the get go. I always wondered how people managed to think there was a guessing game.

Lazaforth said:
OMG nice analysis people. But here's another thing most of you should've noticed, after the scene about the whole "Guilt" thing. Amin sort of bit her lip. This most probably translated into the following...

inside ami's head: "Sh*t, now I got to deal with Minori trying to steal Ryujii from me"

Anyways, the fight scene was just awesome. If only fighting in class was that cool, I would pick a fight every single day.

Happy Viewing people


I did mention Ami's face after her statement to Minorin, look at post #9.

WTFwasThat said:
Holy shat the build up, the fight and after that, was awesome. I lactated.

I'm guessin,
Ami saw the pic of Kitamura and Taiga in Taiga's wallet. Confirming Taiga loves Kitamura. Making Minorin's guilt of holding back her feelings for Ryuuji lifted, cause she thought Taiga likes Ryuuji.
Ami seems pissed that she isn't helping herself.
Taiga might go for Ryuuji now? Or continue fighting for Kitamura.
Cool shit.


I think she gave up on Kitamura in the last episode (15) and knew where his feelings lay. Plus after Kitamura's declaration there's no way that she's going to tread on those waters. I give her more credit than that.

I don't think Ami saw the picture as confirmation. Ami looked like she was fully aware about the second picture being Taiga and Ryuuji...not Kitamura so Ami is definitely the smartest one and she knows that Taiga may like Ryuuji. I think she did that scene in order to find a way to push Taiga totally out of the way and have Minorin be the main and sole competition. However, it could work both ways for her and she realizes that...plus I think she may be feeling guilty by doing something like that since on some level it is manipulative.

I don't think Taiga is moving towards Ryuuji yet.

Myranti said:
From the subs at the part with Kitamura's picture in Taiga's wallet one of the girls apparently says "..underneath" right before Ami suddenly grabs it, so that could indicate that someone elses picture might be underneath, which in turn Ami could realise and is hiding it from others seeing.

Mind you, I could be reading things into it, since I'd be more for a Ryuuji x Taiga ending, which I think is how they've set it up from the start. But it's more the journey than the destination I suppose.


Well I did comment on this in the first page. If you go to episode 14 you actually see what picture Taiga had underneath. It was a picture of her and Ryuuji doing that bidibidibidi-thing during the talent show. That's the picture Taiga has. Remember for a while she was collecting pictures of Ryuuji---like in that scene when they took pictures of Kitamura at baseball practice?! Ryuuji was one of those pictures. So I dont' think it's too hard to assume the direction of the story.

Cloud1234 said:
I loved it :3
The fight scene was a bit over the line but still it was nice...
If girls could fight like that we would have huge probelms -.-

PS> Agree that Taiga is a violent bitch.
PS2> Ami fucking owns.
PS3> If in the end Riouji choose Taiga while Minorin loves him hes gonna be a mega retard. If you hunt down a girl make sure you like her FFS.
PS4> I would never never never never never confess like that 0.o


I agree on all points except 3. The main reason is that you have to keep in mind that Minorin went out of her way to continuously reject Ryuuji. So if he has moved on since that time I don't blame him. He's been pretty beat up by the rejections. There was one at the beach house, there was one in front of the picture wall when they were choosing their pics, there was the lesbian quip ( I saw as rejection) during the talent show, there was one (I felt) when they were going to find Kitamura in ep 15. Every ep Minorin rejected Ryuuji. So why would he be the retard if she comes to like but he's changed his mind?

rabids0ap said:
~snip~ i think minori's guilt was liking ryuuji but not wanting to steal him away from taiga. i also think that ami does have feelings for ryuuji..we'll see what happens with that though. i really hope it doesn't end up taigaxryuuji..

omg..sumire's face looked so messed up..how sad..but LOL at her kicking a shoe at taiga's face hahah


I think we can surmise one thing. When it comes to understanding Minorin, none of us have a clue. None of us know what her guilt was except for Ami. And based on Minorin's reaction Ami was right. I guess we have to wait for episode 17 to really find out the truth.

By the way I love the shoe moment.
 
Jan 23, 2009 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 541
most emotional episode yet. really loved it.

 
Jan 23, 2009 5:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
A very good episode. By far one of my favorite episodes.

I very much enjoyed the fight scene and found it fitting. You could tell Sumire cared for Kitamura when she was talking to Ryuuji by making a clenched fist because her words were painful to even her, but she wasn't going to budge from her stance. Words sometimes just aren't enough to make someone reveal the hidden truths they hold deep inside.

What Ryuuji couldn't reveal with words, Taiga would do with what she knows best for Kitamura. Taiga is Taiga after all. There was really no other way she would have attempted to resolve the issue between Kitamura and Sumire. I don't think it would have showed properly how deeply both of the women truly cared about Kitamura if Taiga didn't. It was kind of both painful and touching to watch that both of their actions were for Ryuuji sake no matter how misplaced they might have been and the length Taiga went to reveal them.

The guilt that Ami spoke of to Minorin I think is more than one thing. I think Ami guessed that Minorin probably does carry guilt that she is developing feelings for Ryuuji. I still think she is also still carrying the guilt of feeling jealous of Taiga and Ryuuji's friendship. She revealed that to Ryuuji, but Minorin has yet to reveal that to Taiga, her closest friend. Both instances are probably weighing very heavily on her. What i am looking forward to is seeing how she tells Taiga of either of them.

I think also Ami cares very deeply for Ryuuji otherwise as Quantumfluxx stated she wouldn't have called Minorin out on her feeling guilty. Ryuuji is the first person for Ami to both see and know her true nature yet still accepts her. Ryuuji is also outside of Kitamura the only guy that treats her as just a girl not some celebrity. Without him knowing, he has done trivial things that have meant so much to her. I think Ami hates herself for telling Minorin. She knows that will widen the gap even further between her and Ryuuji. I think Ami has finally found someone important to her, but Ryuuji is still beyond her reach since his eyes do not see her. So instead of Ami's happiness she is thinking of Ryuuji's which is I am sure something very new to her.

 
Jan 23, 2009 6:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 36
This episode was great, but I feel really sad for Kitamura.. That fighting scene was really insane xD
 
Jan 23, 2009 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1861
Taiga ... good job ... ^^ i think she needed that fight (and wanted that)
and to laugh about she letter prooves it ^^

Taigha is a one way train she wont change so easy so its
only the fight Ami-chi vs. Minorin ^^ go Ami-chi go ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
 
Jan 23, 2009 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3410
This series has a LOT more drama that it initially lead on. Though I'm not considering it a bad thing since its not nearly as depressing as watching something like clannad. Even after this episode, I'm still thinking the ending will be Taiga x Ryuuji and Minori x Kitamura. Though I'm not quite sure they will follow through completely because I'm sure they want to make a second season.
 
Jan 23, 2009 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1416
omg that was awesome. the fight, this tension incredible. and the letter in the end was just too funny xD but such a confession~~~~~


 
Jan 23, 2009 8:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
My God! I was going to say after the first 10 minutes that it was a bit slow and dumb, and that I miss a climax after all the fuss around kitamura.

Then.. i'm let f* speechless.. I had to stop every few seconds because my jaw was dropping lower and lower, and my heart was about to burst..

3 pages under 24 hours - i guess that shows how fuckin' epic is this
 
Jan 23, 2009 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 115
As always, a fantastic episode, 5/5!
 
Jan 23, 2009 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Defiance said:
This series has a LOT more drama that it initially lead on. Though I'm not considering it a bad thing since its not nearly as depressing as watching something like clannad. Even after this episode, I'm still thinking the ending will be Taiga x Ryuuji and Minori x Kitamura. Though I'm not quite sure they will follow through completely because I'm sure they want to make a second season.

Hmm... that'd be cool.

But imho I would like to see Taiga x Minori and Ryuuji x Kitamura. <3
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
 
Jan 23, 2009 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 417
My opinions:

Minorin felt guilty for kinda liking Ryuuji because she thought Taiga might like him subconsciously. Now she's guilt-free since ther'es no pic of Ryuuji as far as she knows.

Ami is manipulative, but not in the case of Ryuuji. I think she helped Minorin because she wants him to be happy even though she likes him too. Hence the gritting of teeth from helping her adversary.

The fight was not as typically hot as girl fights should go, it seemed rather brutal. The way Taiga leapfrogged the desks was awesome though.

And if it weren't for the eyes, I would have thought the big breasted blond at the end was Ya-chan
 
Jan 23, 2009 9:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5183
dudave said:
vaberella said:
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?


Minorin slowly realizes her feelings for Ryuuji...
BUT: She thinks Ryuuji and Taiga make the perfect couple and although Taiga denied it, Minorin thought she is in love with him.

The guilty feeling Amin is talking about, are the fact that she has started to love Ryuuji, but doesnt want to steal him from Taiga. Therefore she called herself dishonest an disguisting?
Now she gets to know that Taiga actually was in love with Kitamura, so now she is free to love Ryuuji with no guilt!


Exactly right, Minorin thought that Taiga was in love with Ryuuji, so she couldn't steal him from her best friend, and she now realizes she was wrong from the beginning. It will be interesting how their relationship evolves from now since I'm rooting for Ryuuji x Minorin, they'll probably go out together but there are very weak chances that they'll finish the series together imo because Taiga seems to be the chosen one and Ryuuji is bound to realize it in the end (and Minorin even more). And you can notice that Ami has remorses telling Minorin that since she is also in love with Ryuuji.



Anyway, it was a fantastic epoisode once again with great write up, great developments and an epic battle scene like in the best action shows (terrific animation by the way in this scene !). Incredible how this little comedy romance anime can make you think about and analyze all sorts of things afterwards. I'll never get tired of this, it's probably my favourite anime of the style since Haruhi, and it may even end up better !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Jan 23, 2009 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 310
As always, the episode was awesome. I agree that this is the best comedy airing right now...possible even the best series, although I'm not watching all of them, so I can't really say. Also, I seriously think someone needs to rewrite the synopsis on the main page, because it's totally misleading.

Defiance said:
This series has a LOT more drama that it initially lead on. Though I'm not considering it a bad thing since its not nearly as depressing as watching something like clannad. Even after this episode, I'm still thinking the ending will be Taiga x Ryuuji and Minori x Kitamura. Though I'm not quite sure they will follow through completely because I'm sure they want to make a second season.


Clannad isn't depressing at all, what are you talking about D: It's just kind of sad, but not really like...forcing-viewers-to-cry sad like Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen or something. Anyway this is irrelevant, so I'll carry on.

You're right about the drama. That's partially why I think the synopsis is totally misleading, since it makes it seem like a typical school comedy. That's actually why I didn't watch any of it for the first 2 months.

A second season might be kind of weird. I think 25 episodes at this pace will be enough to tell a sufficient story, but if there's more content in the novels (or is it manga? I can't remember) to work with, then it could be good. I think the author is very smart though; they're not leaving any inconclusive gaps or repetitive episodes like most animes of this genre do. I have more faith that this will be good than in any other any other anime right now (having just finished sequel seasons of Shana and Zero recently, you probably know my concerns).

Oh yeah, just for the sake of being on the bandwagon of fun: Ryuuji x Taiga = fail. Ryuuji x Minori = probable success. Everything else = fail. In fact, I think this series might be better off without any romance.
 
Jan 23, 2009 9:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
Wow. Awesome episode.

Taiga x Kanou fighting was incredible. Loved.
 
Jan 23, 2009 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 214
I will just say I still cannot for the life of me see how people think Minorin and Kitamura will hook up with one another, when as seen in this episode and 95% of the anime they barely have scene's together. Added to that...taking into consideration the women that Kitamura has crushes on Minorin wouldn't even make the list. Plus...nothing is to say that Kitamura and Madame President won't be together in the end. She went to study abroad, but that's studying. When Kitamura leaves he could very well go abroad as well. Not to mention she'd be coming back to Japan regularly. He would most likely wait for her and their relationship has the strongest (not the weakest (bar far)) possiblity of continuing onwards.

I mean, with all these reasons given in the anime...how is there still this faction holding out that they're a possibility at all?! I'm flabbergasted.

There's even more reasoning to believe that Kitamura would hook up with Ami over Minorin...considering that she understands him the best ----this was even claimed by Minorin herself. This is not even to mention the similarity in personalities of Ami, Sumire, and Taiga who are aggressive, strong willed and straight forward women. They don't beat around the bush and as I said taking into account Kitamura's personality----if he can't get the other two and there is absolutely no chance of him and the President together he'd definitely go for Ami over Minorin any day.

At this point I'm wondering where I can purchase the glasses needed to see Kitamura/Minorin as a possibility.

Grmo said:
~snip~

You're right about the drama. That's partially why I think the synopsis is totally misleading, since it makes it seem like a typical school comedy. That's actually why I didn't watch any of it for the first 2 months.

A second season might be kind of weird. I think 25 episodes at this pace will be enough to tell a sufficient story, but if there's more content in the novels (or is it manga? I can't remember) to work with, then it could be good. I think the author is very smart though; they're not leaving any inconclusive gaps or repetitive episodes like most animes of this genre do. I have more faith that this will be good than in any other any other anime right now (having just finished sequel seasons of Shana and Zero recently, you probably know my concerns).

Oh yeah, just for the sake of being on the bandwagon of fun: Ryuuji x Taiga = fail. Ryuuji x Minori = probable success. Everything else = fail. In fact, I think this series might be better off without any romance.


Well from what I heard the second season is the greatest possibility and I even heard a season 3 could be in the works.


Why would you say Ryuujix Taiga is a fail considering the entire story is based on them and their relationship with other people. Maybe I need a set of shades for this idea as well...cause I don't get it.
 
Jan 23, 2009 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1156
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this was an amazing episode. I loved that scene towards the end with Ami and Minori, even though it was rather ambiguous.
 
Top
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »