Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Dec 14, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2013
Still annoyed with Madoka. I hate weak characters who just stand along and cry and try to get everyone to be friends like a goody two-shoes who doesn't understand the way the world works. Everyone will NOT get along with everyone else. Some humans are just too different.

ALSO, Kyubey fucking told you that the gem has Sayaka's soul in it and it has to be within 100 meters of the body. WHY ARE YOU JUST CRYING NEXT TO THE BODY??? GO OUT THERE AND RETRIEVE WHAT YOU JUST THREW AWAY. How is the main character THIS dumb and useless when it's not even a reverse harem series???? Ridiculous. What if the lifeline expires or the soul is forever lost wandering around the atmosphere for being away from its vessel for too long? Your ass is over here wasting time =.= I'm so fucking pissed. At least Homura has a good head on her shoulders. Obvs Madoka wouldn't be able to catch up to that car without speed like Homura, but at least trying beats crying any day in my book.

On the other hand, I really love Madoka's mom. She's pretty and wise and cool :3 But good mothers are all like that, amirite? ;)
Dec 14, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Still annoyed with Madoka. I hate weak characters who just stand along and cry and try to get everyone to be friends like a goody two-shoes who doesn't understand the way the world works. Everyone will NOT get along with everyone else. Some humans are just too different.

ALSO, Kyubey fucking told you that the gem has Sayaka's soul in it and it has to be within 100 meters of the body. WHY ARE YOU JUST CRYING NEXT TO THE BODY??? GO OUT THERE AND RETRIEVE WHAT YOU JUST THREW AWAY. How is the main character THIS dumb and useless when it's not even a reverse harem series???? Ridiculous. What if the lifeline expires or the soul is forever lost wandering around the atmosphere for being away from its vessel for too long? Your ass is over here wasting time =.= I'm so fucking pissed. At least Homura has a good head on her shoulders. Obvs Madoka wouldn't be able to catch up to that car without speed like Homura, but at least trying beats crying any day in my book.

I don't think Madoka could even comprehend what's happening at that time, without being a magical girl she really can't do anything at all... like running on foot for the truck? really. Madoka isn't useless, just confined. :^)
Dec 14, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2013
Aquamirror said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

I don't think Madoka could even comprehend what's happening at that time, without being a magical girl she really can't do anything at all... like running on foot for the truck? really. Madoka isn't useless, just confined. :^)

Hey, if I were desperate enough to save someone important in my life, that's what I would do. Yeah, it's illogical and may seem like a waste of effort, but the point is that I'd rather do something, ANYTHING, than nothing at all. There are a number of ways she could've helped. -Take a look at the license plate then track the car. -Ask Sakura to back up Homura or even take her along to help search. -Becoming a Puella Magi herself (least likely to happen, but it IS an option.

You just contradicted yourself.
"without being a magical girl she really can't do anything at all..."
"Madoka isn't useless"

We can each have our own opinions. Mine isn't going to change. Madoka IS useless to me at this point in the anime. She has a chance to change herself at any moment in any given time, yet she chooses not to because she's a coward who doesn't want to take the risks of becoming a magical girl. Which is understandable why she'd want to avoid such a dangerous thing, but then she doesn't have a right to interfere with anything. Like all of them said-- only another magical girl is allowed to interfere. Her mom even gave her advice that if she can't find any ways to help her friend, maybe she should do the wrong thing. In this case, "wrong" could mean becoming a Puella Magi. Which, as the series goes on, seems to be the only way she can move forward.
Jan 21, 2018 1:14 PM
Nov 2017
I had a hunch about the grief seed/soul gem. But that was still a bit crazy. Serious though, she better turn in the next 2 episodes.
Mar 24, 2018 9:27 PM
Dec 2017
So how many times does that make it?? About 3 right. 3 times Homura Akemi has saved Sayaka life. Were only half way through and Akemi has saved Sayaka 3 times already and Sayaka probably not even grateful.
May 9, 2018 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, this episode was... horrifying in its revelations. Kyouko is right, magical girls can longer be considered human even.

Though, the soul gem point does make me wonder how did Mami die then?
Oct 9, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, Kyouko is really rude. Sayaka wants to fight Homura and Kyouko but Madoka doesn't want that. Madoka's mom talk was interesting.

Madoka throw Sayaka's soul gem lol. Sadly, Sayaka without her soul gem near, she'll die.

Kyuubey is evil!! It takes souls from the magical girls. Walpurgisnacht is near.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 21, 2018 7:13 PM
Apr 2017
While a nice episode, the episode was concerning at the same time, Sayaka really needs help... I would definitely be like Madoka...
Nov 1, 2018 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Hoppy said:
Madoka learned the lesson to never throw a soul gem, since it's a sealed soul as well as a power source you can kill it's user.

Kyubey is cold, cruel, and evil and I will be enjoying him being killed at the end of the series hopefully a brutal and bloody death comes for Kyubey.

How is he any different than Ryuk, who's considered amoral by literally everyone who has watched Death Note?
Jan 13, 2019 4:48 PM

May 2016
I finished the first half at the moment...

Visuals, art, and direction are amazing.
The story is like some average battleshounen, I hope it will develop better in the second half. Also, I'm really curious, because I have no idea how time travel will be involved in this.

I'd like to see some character developement for Madoka too in the second half, not just the others
-
Feb 15, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2016
Damn what a twist, she almost died, poor Madoka... Damn what a twist though...
Feb 17, 2019 10:32 PM

Jun 2017
Kyubey is a big fucker
Feb 23, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2017
Madoka is super annoying ...
Pretty obvious that Kyuubey doesn't really care about Sayaka (or anyone at all) and is using her (them) to make a contract with Madoka
Feb 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
I love Madokas Mom so much I cant put it into words. Having parents existing for more than 5 seconds is already unique, but having them actually influence characters? Godlike.

Also, Ep6 is probably an even bigger plot twist than ep3. Many edgy shows kill of a character to look like actions have consequences. Ep6 however reveals the true nature of magical girls.

Also Homura is too good, too pure for this world.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 5, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Sucks that it seems like people hate Madoka... because she is easily the most realistic one out of all of them. The only reason she is weak right now is because she hasn't taken that sketchy contract from Kyubey yet.

Jun 17, 2019 9:35 PM
Jan 2019
I haven't felt a show this exciting since I watched Ping Pong. Holy shit Madoka Magica.

I don't really get how people hate Madoka lmao. If anyone is to be blamed, it should be Kyuubey, not Madoka. Use your brain, guys. Even Kyuubey is deadly neutral and I don't even blame him/her.

Homura saved Sayaka twice this episode. Be a little more thankful for her, Sayaka.

Homura definitely has some kinds of time power.
Nov 8, 2019 7:09 PM

Feb 2017
I understand that Madoka is innocent, but there's a fucking limit to how naive you can be; did she think the gem is just there for fun? You already had the gem in your possession and you decide the best course of action is to make it completely inaccessible to yourself?
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Nov 18, 2019 11:09 PM

Aug 2018
I knew it that dam cat is evil
Jan 5, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2018
Now I understand why Homura wanted to kill Kyuubey in the first episode. That thing is evil.
Jan 13, 2020 4:35 AM

Feb 2018
Omfg sayaka and sakura are so fucking annoying homura should just kill them all, madoka is plain stupid why the fuck didn't she say that homura was trapped by mami to sayaka. The show is pretty much carried by homura,

Ugh I honestly don't get why the fuck do the other three girls have so many favourites, someone should slap the heck out of sayaka

And that cat should be killed asap, it's so focused on making madoka a magical girl like at every small chance it gets, Homura please save this anime
Jan 15, 2020 7:36 PM

May 2011
It's making more sense why Homura wanted Kyuubey dead earlier on. She's seen too much to know that they probably won't make it if they get converted. Maybe she can travel through space and time? That would let her teleport, know when to expect the arrival of other witches; that could also be why she may have seen potentially thousands of magical girls lose their lives.

Mami's gonna come back. I know it. She's even in the OP. No one who exists for a couple episodes makes the OP. The question then becomes how will she get her body back? Technically, would she need her body back to come alive again?

Jan 31, 2020 10:49 PM

Jul 2016
Oh my God, those last minutes were so fucking wild. Madoka basically killing her best friend, Sayaka being dead for several minutes and Kyuubey talking so casually just made the whole sequence so much darker. Totally loved it.

And related to that, I also have to say that Aoi Yuuki is doing such a fantastic job with Madoka's voice. Hearing her panicking and crying were truly chilling.

Great episode. Just the scene with Madoka talking with her mother was enough but those last moments sure were a huge plus.
Feb 25, 2020 2:13 AM
Mar 2019
I was so shook when
like it's like I knew what was gonna happen lol like Madoka are you stupid??? A contract with a shady motherfucker that concerns wishes and miracles coming true and you just throw that away like what did you expect?
What comes around goes around
What goes around comes around
Until the day
Apr 23, 2020 6:15 AM

May 2016
Fuck. I screamed when I thought Sayaka is already dead. Jesus. So, when you became a magical girl, your soul will be contained as a Soul Gem, and if it's 100 meters away from you, you'll be dead? Pretty convenient, tbh. I totally get Kyubet's point, but knowing your body is now an empty vessel, maaan, that's fucked up.

Oh, Sakura, couldn't you get anymore annoying? Ffs. How dare she talked to Sayaka like breaking his guy's bones and whatnot. Ugh.

I guess reviving Mami now is no longer possible, though I still think Madoka's wish will be somewhat concerns Mami.
Apr 28, 2020 2:46 PM
Feb 2016
I wouldn't have mind Sakura's death becoming permanent. She keeps getting herself involved in conflicts she knows she can't win and has to be saved by Homura time after time. Sakura and Madoka aren't the brightest of the bunch not too realize earlier that the little shit of that cat like creature doesn't have their best interest in mind. Would be nice if the red haired chick would have snapped his neck right then and there.

We finally got some new info,but we are halfway through the show. Which means that the story will become really rushed or incomplete. I still have yet too see the greatness of this show everyone keeps mentioning.
May 21, 2020 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Homura is such a nice person. Is this why she was beating up Kyubey in episode 1? Kyubey is so wrong.. they keep talking about witches, but the power struggle and rat race among magical girls themselves would barely leave anyone alive...

I feel bad for Sayaka, her crush didn't even inform her of his discharge..

Loved the conversation between Madoka and her mama..

IDK how to describe it, but the setting and high contrast colors in scenes somehow make me feel depressed.. IDK how they managed to give this show such a setting..
removed-userMay 21, 2020 4:08 AM
Oct 15, 2020 7:37 AM
Aug 2020
Kyuubey is such a bitch
Nov 6, 2020 7:40 AM

Oct 2013
Coming in on a rewatch after having just finished the film trilogy, so spoilers from later in the story: knowing that

Feels like a small plot hole that exists just to create tension TBH.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 14, 2020 3:33 AM
Dec 2018
Zadion said:
Coming in on a rewatch after having just finished the film trilogy, so spoilers from later in the story: knowing that

Feels like a small plot hole that exists just to create tension TBH.

salarxNov 14, 2020 7:20 AM
Nov 14, 2020 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
@salarx you might want to spoiler that, lol.

But interesting. I effectively rewatched the series twice in one week and I hadn't noticed that. It does make sense, though, as

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 14, 2020 9:48 AM
Dec 2018
Zadion said:
@salarx you might want to spoiler that, lol.

But interesting. I effectively rewatched the series twice in one week and I hadn't noticed that.

I've watched the show and movies a dozen times (can't help it I love the series so much). You should give a try to Wraith Arc manga if you find it interesting.
Nov 15, 2020 1:14 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, so a Puella Magical can't get away from their soul gem
Feb 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2019
Ah, so Kyubey is not just an ambivalent neutral force, but seems to be evil evil.

Will our girls all work together against him in the end? Is Mami alive if only her body was eaten? What does it take ti actually kill a magical girl? If their soul becomes too clouded, do they lose their powers or die? Many questions.
Feb 13, 2021 12:46 AM

Jan 2017
So getting Grief Seeds are actually a necessity or else they'll die huh, way to leave out one of the important points in the contract Kyubey

Feb 14, 2021 1:09 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Madoka’s useless I guess. Sayaka almost died. And we find out Magical Girls are just shells. Homura basically an Enderman.
Feb 16, 2021 2:47 AM

Feb 2020
damn madoka really acted recklessly :/
all the girls except homura seem to be really surprised on how their souls are attached to the gem thingies can’t wait to see more

so is mami still technically alive?
Mar 11, 2021 11:34 AM

Mar 2018
This episode improved my feelings on this show as it seems to be picking up from here. Although it shouldn't take till episode 6 in a 12 episode anime to offer something that can really grab the viewer. This is something that is hard to achieve properly when it comes to 'slow burner' animes, with this one not executing on it that well, certainly not to the level that it is praised to be that intrigued me to watch this in the first place.
Celest__Mar 11, 2021 11:39 AM
May 1, 2021 2:42 AM
Mar 2018
>forcefully takes friends soul gem and throws it off a bridge
>friend loses soul and essentially dies because of own retarded action
>proceeds to do nothing but cry

this mc..

also kyubey seems to be the evil one here. homura looks like shes the good guy tbh
May 1, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2021
^ That's Madoka for you. A wise man once said

Edit: Added spoiler tag.
Nameless-KnightMay 1, 2021 9:13 AM
Jul 18, 2021 2:20 PM

Apr 2018
That was damn close. It was obvious from the start that becoming a magicial girl will be dangerous. I don't think you can trust Kyuubei. Akemi with the save again.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 3, 2021 10:07 AM

Sep 2016
I knew Kyuubey was hiding something from the get-go... He's too suspicious. I wonder what else he didn't tell us.

HotPocketChris said:
>forcefully takes friends soul gem and throws it off a bridge
>friend loses soul and essentially dies because of own retarded action
>proceeds to do nothing but cry

this mc..

Be honest, how was she supposed to know that would happen? Not even we as spectators knew about that, Kyuubey never spoke a word of it. And there wasn't much she could do but cry in a situation like that.
Nov 4, 2021 3:28 AM

Jul 2016
lol this kyuubey. doesn't say any of this before the contract, so even if someone wanted to read the "fine print", they wouldn't be able to. it just omits important information. it should be crushed and blended, or burned in an incinerator. very eye-opening episode. the part where it explained that their own bodies are simply missing once they become a magical girl and replaced with stronger vessels that can't die in terms of human limits if their soul gem is still intact near them. i'd say it's my favorite episode so far. even kyouko, the high and mighty 'experienced veteran' as she would probably proclaim, did not even know this. sayaka is both lucky and unlucky. madoka threw her soul gem like it was nothing, essentially murdering her, but at the same time... if madoka wasn't sayaka's friend, sayaka would have stayed dead because homura clearly is doing everything in her power to help madoka by retrieving the gem. homura could give zero shits about sayaka and it's mutual hahah.

oh and right. as expected, sayaka screwed up. she healed his hands, but it's obvious that she expected something to come out of doing so. and more than just being able to hear him play the violin again. he didn't even notify sayaka of his dischargement, so he's clocked her out of his equation. it would have been better if she came to terms or decided that his happiness was truly above her own desires before making that her one fucking wish. i feel no sympathy; just contempt. i am pleased that kamijo played "ave maria", however.
Nov 15, 2021 10:31 PM

May 2020
Madoka almost killing her friend in an attempt to her save her is some delicious irony and would've been great if the writers actually went through with it (Not for Sayaka obviously). I find Madoka to be unbelievably annoying right now and seeing her suffer just makes me happy.

Maybe that makes as messed up as Kyubei but I genuinely give zero shits about whiny pathetic MC's like Madoka and their suffering is pretty much always the only interesting that ever happens to them.
Nov 27, 2021 11:23 AM

Dec 2020
NOW WHY DID MADOKA DO THAT!!!
Dec 29, 2021 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
lmfao, why doesn't Kyuubey just create a guidebook of important shit you need to know when you're a magical girl.
I swear, that little creature seems to be the real antagonist of the show imo; the one pulling the strings.
Jan 6, 2022 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Kyoko leaves.
Sayaka and Kyubey.
Dat OP theme. Dog Drug Reinforcement. lol
Homura.
Giving the town to Kyoko?
Defeat Sayaka?
Walpurgis Night?
Kyosuke left the hospital yesterday.
Kyoko appears.
Homura.
Madoka took it from Sayaka and threw it.
Homura disappeared.
Sayaka collapses.
WTF!!!!!!! Sayaka's dead?
A shell?
Homura got Sayaka back.
Sayaka moves again.
Dat ending.

I knew something was up with Kyubey.

Watch date: 5/2020
RobJan 6, 2022 12:08 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 16, 2022 7:18 AM

Jan 2021
Ok I must admit Madoka is becoming more and more annoying.
Apr 10, 2022 12:19 AM
Apr 2022
I don't think Kyubei is really the antagonist/the big bad, he's just a highly immoral character like some people here said.

Also one other thing I would like to point out is- wow, this is the first time I actually saw Kyouko losing her cool and becoming emotional like that.
🍦🍨🍫
May 27, 2022 10:43 PM

Feb 2021
I liked it when Madoka started crying. She deserved that.

These girls talk pretty big for moe girls. I'm mostly just watching to see how strong Madoka becomes if she does end up accepting
Jun 10, 2022 2:59 PM
Nov 2020
Sheeeesh the mc is really annoying. That was so foolish of her to interfere. She almost killed her friend. I really hate this kind of naive mc.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

705 by Zinrei_16 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jan 6, 2011

471 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 23, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

629 by Sailor_Pleiadian »»
May 20, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1544 by Zorzalillo »»
May 18, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.