Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Aug 8, 2012 10:56 PM

May 2011
Troll troll troll troll troll. Loved it! Really hope this gets another season, this was fun as hell!

9/10
Sep 14, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
The virginity of an angel. Panty x Brief. 5/5

I thought this series was hilarious and presented Western culture in a more humorous way. The song Fly Away as well as all the soundtrack of the series is literally eargasmic and Gainax achieves this well.

Now if only the series maintained this animation...

7/10
Oct 14, 2012 2:15 PM

May 2012
god my oh! never liked stocking -.-
Nov 11, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
GOD DAMN PLOT TWISTS

Also I'm pretty sure this anime just fucked up my mind completely. Damn.
Nov 12, 2012 10:14 AM

Oct 2009
Stocking is a demon?? wat? I need answers dammit!
Dec 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Jan 2012
Hilarious ending, my jaw dropped, I don't know if they're making another season or not but I loved this one enough, giving it a 8 or 9, can't really explain why since this show is so wacky that you either go with the humor or go home.
Dec 15, 2012 4:02 PM

May 2012
Heavenly Panty and Stocking! Great final episode I must say they really went all out on this last 3 parts! The great story and just nice action really made up for everything! Even Garterbelt returned so that's quite awesome :D But lol that epilogue was totally unexpected that Stocking returned as a demon... Still fucking EPIC!!! GOD MY OH!

Really great anime in general, was quite funny and a nice take on "sex" humor! Enjoyed watching this short but great Anime with it's unique art style and great setting! 9/10

But well they say continue in the next season I do hope there will someday be a next one as it would still be awesome to see what's next and to see if Panty would come back! Lets hope for this awesome Anime!
Jan 27, 2013 9:54 PM

Apr 2012
Normally I would write up a brief summary of my thoughts on the season here... but I really don't know what to say about this. It was a fun series but really crazy - especially that ending, which came out of nowhere.

I'd give it 466.2 pieces of Panty out of 666.
Mar 28, 2013 6:13 AM

Jan 2010
Granny's "last words" were the truest words you can ever tell a woman. A++++++, Gainax ( they know whats up)
FLY AWAY NOW
omfg ofc they were hOLDING IT BACKWARDS
"Mom" LMAO (im guess that was god )
Ha, Mom was like "ugh I am done with this shit, let me just stomp on his ass and get it over with"
um wtf was that ending?
apparently theres a net season
its 2013, and this came out in 2010??
Apr 6, 2013 7:07 AM

Dec 2012
Great ending!!! (except for the last 2-3 minuttes - unless there'll be a second season to explain things more)
Apr 6, 2013 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
I'm seriously hoping there's going to be a second season.
Apr 14, 2013 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
That ending trolled the fuck out of me. O_o

I hope Gainax make a second season although the chances are slim, considering it's been two years.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 11, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
looks like gainex had the last laugh
May 18, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TachiiJun 16, 2013 3:15 PM
Jun 16, 2013 1:57 PM
Jul 2012
Awesome ending!
Lol, Stocking sliced Panty. Now that's badass. Lol, they keep revied the characters when they dead.
Such an awesome show this is.
The hell is that huge lady stomping him?
8/10
Jun 22, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
Jul 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
foxuzamaki said:
looks like gainex had the last laugh

Still is, because I am still hoping for season 2... ; . ;
Aug 2, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
Now that's a (good) Gainax ending. Definitely my favorite episode. Brief x Chuck OTP
Aug 13, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
What the hell....that was unexpected.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 21, 2013 12:45 AM

Jul 2007
It's finally over! This series raised so much mixed feelings, as I hate sluts, but it was really funny sometimes.
Oct 11, 2013 5:39 AM
Aug 2012
lololollolllolol wth tht ending fricking ridiculous was not expecting that at all even tho i had been told about stocking the way she jst went over kill on her lolololol
Oct 26, 2013 4:41 AM

Jul 2012
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt was a funny series to say the least. It is just relaxing to watch, as well as let your immature teenage self out for a bit to make fun of everything. The ending was an interesting plot twist to say the least. I did not see that coming. Overall an amazing series I truly enjoyed it.

Great series!!!
Nov 13, 2013 4:25 AM
Sep 2011
Super mega awesome glorious holy huge giant cliff hanger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2013 6:34 PM
Sep 2013
go fuck yourself gainex.

Seriously...why is it the characters I like most always end up fucked up in one way or another!?

Sigh...well great show...kind of wish they were serious about season 2...reeeeally don't want to accept Stocking being a demon.
Dec 21, 2013 11:57 PM

Jul 2011
I expected something more.
Dec 26, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
allright, the after credits scene was a joke...

Unless something official comes out (like a second season), i wont be holding that as canonical...

Why ? It makes absoluteley no sense whatsoever, even in a crazy show like PGS some logic is always present, and that final secne did not had such logic...
For me its just a joke, a good one may I say, but still a joke... Like the zombies episode, it was funny but hardly canonical
Jan 7, 2014 3:22 AM

Feb 2013
Good shit...I felt like it got better with every episode. That last bit was fucking crazy though lol.

I really hope they decide to do a second season, chances are....slim....but it would be pretty sweet if they did.

Overall I gave it an 8/10
Jan 25, 2014 9:04 PM
Aug 2012
damn wtf, i can only hope for another season. but it's been a while...

great watch though!
Feb 5, 2014 4:28 PM
Jul 2013
PrinceJ said:
damn wtf, i can only hope for another season. but it's been a while...

great watch though!

4 years... I don't think it's happening guys, and I really wanna see a chuck/briefs/garter belt/scanty/knee socks team up!
Feb 14, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
Well, um...Stocking and Panty never got along too well... xD

This ending is just so FUCKED up! lol idk what to say
Mar 16, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2014
Where's my damn Season 2, Gainax?
I'm real super sand!
Mar 18, 2014 6:27 AM

Nov 2013
What. The. Fuck.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 5, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2010
7/10. The earlier episodes were better. So I guess it makes sense why Stocking was into Ghosts.
Apr 15, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2012
Daym ending.. Dayuummm....

Trolling to the maximum level..
The show was never serious anyway..
Apr 21, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
Damn it Gainax.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 21, 2014 12:30 AM

Jul 2013
DoomCraft said:
Dayum, this was great. The trollish but hilarious WTF ending seems to overshadow all the other great stuff here, like the erect penis ghost, Chuck's true form and the mother of P&S, and of course that random cliché-ridden opener with Panty living on a farm until everyone is murdered and she refinds herself.

EPIC!

By Jove, you are right! I had completely forgotten about ALL OF THAT. What the hell, man? Im 5 years behind on this shit but god damn it!
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Jul 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Jun 2013
The fuck did I just watch? Seriously, this episode was weird as fuk, a giant ghost penis? Wow. And then the mother of Panty and Stocking? Lol. Also what the fuck at that ending. Nice trolling Gainax, ya did it again! I give this anime a 9/10. I would have gave it a 10/10 but they fucked that up with that troll ending.
Aug 18, 2014 10:41 PM
Aug 2011
Ever since the legs came out of the sky I couldn't stop laughing.
Had me rolling everytime Garterbelt was killed and revived omg.

What a great trollish 'to be continued ending', oh man.
Garterbelt gave no fucks but I actually felt really bad for Briefs, he seemed so confused and helpless... poor boy.
Aug 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Oct 2012
Panty & Stocking's mom????

The ending
What the? The wat? Wat? Wat??
To be continued?
Nice ending Gainax.. Very nice indeed
"Signature removed"
Nov 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
lol this shit is gold Loved it
[/quote]
Nov 14, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 2013
This anime was a visual feast that never let up even once. Reminded me a lot of FLCL, which is a good thing!

4/5.
Nov 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2014
Lol the panties engraved on a mark on Scanty's face.

Nov 22, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
Goddammit, Gainax. :|
Dec 4, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
'Kay so I was about to give this show a 6/10 (after carefully tallying up the pros/cons) but it ends with a...cliffhanger?!

But yeah, this was the most un-anime anime I've ever watched (if you don't count Cyber Six which I watched on TV a long time ago) and that was cool. Shows like this are pretty different in experienced. I liked the choice of colours, styles, music and stuff. It's almost as if I was watching Sunday morning cartoons on TV. While most of it was just stories pulled out of someone's ass, some of it were well done.

I found the last story (Brief + Panty) actually kind of cute, in a way, because she managed to change her normal "lemme fuck with every guy" morals.
Jan 6, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
For me this anime had hit and miss episode. With some being boring and other being hilarious. This ending with Stocking was stupidly random!

Overall 6/10
G_Spark233Jan 6, 2015 5:14 PM
Jan 11, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2014
lmaooo what great fuckery! holy shit balls this was a fun ride and a nice wrap up for an insane roller coaster ride

overall: 8/10
Mar 18, 2015 6:29 PM
Mar 2015
I have a theory for why the episode ended the way it did. I believe stocking is cooperating with Corset to open Hell's gate in order to be with her stinky boyfriend. It is likely that when the boyfriend moved on in episode 9, he went back to hell (not surprising as ghosts are devil's servants as stated in the wiki). Had he went to heaven, Stocking would have met him when she was beamed back to heaven.

Several clues:
1) In episode 9, stocking mentioned that she is willing to abandon her heavenly duties in order to be with her boyfriend. It is unlikely that Stocking would back down on that promise after the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife.

2) "Chocolat",the song that plays when the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife, refers to the boyfriend specifically. The lines I found of particular interest were the following: " I will take your soul if you take my heart" ,"Chocolat Chocolat I'll wear the ring forever" " ...so take me to heaven or hell, I don't care where." The first line makes the implication that she will take or save this Chocolat. Remember that her reminder of her boyfriend was a chocolate cake that looked like ****. The second line is obvious, because she does keep the ring at the end of episode 9. And the third line makes the implication that she will follow Chocolat to heaven or hell. Remember that hell's gate bridges the gap between heaven and hell...

3) When she hooked up with "the guy with the bulge" she stated that she made out with him for 10 minutes, but never went all the way (much to panty's surprise). Minutes later, she starts complaining about her sadness and anguish. Since she was stress eating throughout the whole shtick, we are lead to believe that this was just her hunger talking... which is comedic. However, if you were to entertain the thought that this was intentionally misleading, one interpretation of this behavior is that she's trying to cope with her boyfriend's passing.

4) In the same episode on the couch, she asks panty if she really wants to go back to heaven. She stated that she wants to stick around for the sweets, but we already know that there are high quality deserts up in heaven (like that heavenly flan she was getting pissed at panty for eating). She may have had an ulterior motive for not wishing to go to heaven.

5) The lyrics from the song "Chocolat" also includes this line: "You will be my angel I will be your spirit." We know from the teaser image (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pswgb/images/6/6d/463_PSG.jpg) that Stocking did indeed become a ghost/spirit. It may have been meant as a foreshadowing for the events to come.

Had stocking planned to betray Panty and Garterbelt from the beginning, then the last battle that ensued may have been to serve as a way to assert her dominance over Corset in order to ensure his full cooperation (which also fits that whole BDSM thing they both have going) Near the end, we see Corset following Stocking rather than the other way around, and we also see the demon sisters cowering in hiding (probably got kicked out. And heck, they'll cooperate well with garterbelt with their shared love of Rrrrules). And I guess it helps that Stocking maxed out Garterbelt's credit card to slow down any opposition (part of the plan as well?).
hinokaguMar 18, 2015 6:38 PM
Mar 23, 2015 9:07 AM
Jun 2013
dam they just threw panty to the streets. wait did panty know it was all fake and it was done just to get her hyped up again lol. im surprised she didint push briefs hair back and the sex here is rather tame compared to her other times. LOL panty still being her bitch self and letting brief fall. LMAO garterbelt underware wtf is going on. brief calling them bitches well hes not wrong and chuck turning to super dog was pretty awesome. WTF did I just see a giant real lady came and stomped on the guy.

I enjoyed this show alot but what was with that random ass twist. I dont know if its meant to be taken serious or its a poke at shows that do random ass twist for no other reason then just to do them. since the show does alot of parodies and is a comedy im leaning towards the second choice.That aside still loved the show and i hope for a season 2 and I wouldint be shocked if the last minute was all a dream.
souledge94Mar 23, 2015 9:16 AM
Mar 23, 2015 9:10 AM
Jun 2013
hinokagu said:
I have a theory for why the episode ended the way it did. I believe stocking is cooperating with Corset to open Hell's gate in order to be with her stinky boyfriend. It is likely that when the boyfriend moved on in episode 9, he went back to hell (not surprising as ghosts are devil's servants as stated in the wiki). Had he went to heaven, Stocking would have met him when she was beamed back to heaven.

Several clues:
1) In episode 9, stocking mentioned that she is willing to abandon her heavenly duties in order to be with her boyfriend. It is unlikely that Stocking would back down on that promise after the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife.

2) "Chocolat",the song that plays when the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife, refers to the boyfriend specifically. The lines I found of particular interest were the following: " I will take your soul if you take my heart" ,"Chocolat Chocolat I'll wear the ring forever" " ...so take me to heaven or hell, I don't care where." The first line makes the implication that she will take or save this Chocolat. Remember that her reminder of her boyfriend was a chocolate cake that looked like ****. The second line is obvious, because she does keep the ring at the end of episode 9. And the third line makes the implication that she will follow Chocolat to heaven or hell. Remember that hell's gate bridges the gap between heaven and hell...

3) When she hooked up with "the guy with the bulge" she stated that she made out with him for 10 minutes, but never went all the way (much to panty's surprise). Minutes later, she starts complaining about her sadness and anguish. Since she was stress eating throughout the whole shtick, we are lead to believe that this was just her hunger talking... which is comedic. However, if you were to entertain the thought that this was intentionally misleading, one interpretation of this behavior is that she's trying to cope with her boyfriend's passing.

4) In the same episode on the couch, she asks panty if she really wants to go back to heaven. She stated that she wants to stick around for the sweets, but we already know that there are high quality deserts up in heaven (like that heavenly flan she was getting pissed at panty for eating). She may have had an ulterior motive for not wishing to go to heaven.

5) The lyrics from the song "Chocolat" also includes this line: "You will be my angel I will be your spirit." We know from the teaser image (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pswgb/images/6/6d/463_PSG.jpg) that Stocking did indeed become a ghost/spirit. It may have been meant as a foreshadowing for the events to come.

Had stocking planned to betray Panty and Garterbelt from the beginning, then the last battle that ensued may have been to serve as a way to assert her dominance over Corset in order to ensure his full cooperation (which also fits that whole BDSM thing they both have going) Near the end, we see Corset following Stocking rather than the other way around, and we also see the demon sisters cowering in hiding (probably got kicked out. And heck, they'll cooperate well with garterbelt with their shared love of Rrrrules). And I guess it helps that Stocking maxed out Garterbelt's credit card to slow down any opposition (part of the plan as well?).

I think your reading into it way to deep. I think it was just a joke ending poking fun at other anime that tend to do this type of last minute twist and give no resolution to it. The whole doing this for that awful boyfriend character would make no sense.
souledge94Mar 23, 2015 9:19 AM
Mar 24, 2015 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
This series was so much fun, Imaishi is going into my "favorite people" list. I'm going to look for all the references I didn't get.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Mahou Shoujo tag??

Moonshine_cookie - Aug 13

6 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 16, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Oct 1, 2010

436 by KuroSaiko772 »»
Aug 13, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SunshineNoka - Dec 3, 2010

201 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 8, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.