Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 2023 6:51 PM
Aug 2020
CGI was yuck.

At first I was like, "holy crap this is insane" when they were running on the walls and stuff, but then as it dragged out...

Yuck... You can't drag it out that long like that. If there are little cuts of CGI, sure. But that was like 4 and half straight minutes of it.

At least, I dunno... Have Maple and Sally go "Whoah! The art style of this level is different!" or something. Clearly the studio didn't have enough time to animate this scene but there are creative ways to get around shitty situations like this...
Jan 25, 2023 7:26 PM

Feb 2019
Maple being Maple is why she is a monster boss lol She ends up getting skills without actually searching for it lol But she has her weaknesses too, well, one so far, which turned out to be something as feeble is falling lava hurting her foot lol
Jan 25, 2023 7:34 PM

Dec 2021
Another fun episode, but that cg was not great. I didn't mind it at all when it was used as Sally ran around the room - the way they did the lighting for it almost made it look 2d - but I wish they would stick to 2d whenever you can see their faces, it's the bit cg is worst at.
Jan 25, 2023 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
That CGI in the library was low FPS and super rough.. hopefully its something that fix for the blurays.
Jan 26, 2023 12:38 AM
Feb 2021
some reason Maple remain me character Deltarune Kris (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)
Jan 26, 2023 1:54 AM
Jun 2017
The fight animation put me off a bit but it was interesting to see the creative ways Mods came up with to defeat Maple.
Jan 26, 2023 2:31 AM

Oct 2007
Slime Maple is so cute. Brutal end for those two npc, she poisoned and then slimed them. It also caused a bug which is more work for the devs. LOL

Mii-chan slowly becoming more close to Maple. Just hope she does not get too dependent on her, and ask favor too often.

Sally got the items she wants, Maple is good friend getting those for her.

looking forward to next week! :D
Liddo-kunJan 26, 2023 2:40 AM
Jan 26, 2023 2:37 AM
Jan 2023
I am so confused now. Why is there 3D CG scenes in this 2D anime? I'm fine if you use 3D for the monsters (and it is pretty much the norm nowadays), but why applying 3D toMaple and Sally? This is not an idol anime.
Jan 26, 2023 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
At this point I'm literally screaming at those incompetent devs through the screen.

HARD CAPS ON STATS

Jan 26, 2023 5:27 AM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, that was a really clean switch up in animation!
Noticeable, yeah. But still very clean!

I love how this show is slowly becoming "Bad game design: The anime"
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 26, 2023 6:00 AM
Mar 2019
too much 3d, didnt need any
Jan 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Sep 2020
The 3d battle scene in the middle is a bit weird, not sure why but s2 feels kind of fast, like 2~3 main bosses defeated in this episode.
Jan 26, 2023 6:37 AM

Nov 2018
Overall cool episode. But the use of CGI in that whole library segment was very off-putting. That was some horrible CGI man
Jan 26, 2023 6:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Back to the haunted house huh. Quite creative to use their own traps against the spirits. Pretty damm cute opening theme. Maple doing the quest for Maple though was kind of her. Mii reaching out to Maple for herlp was pretty surprising. It's interesting seeing Mii in normal mode and not full on leader mode. Figures that Maple would have measures to protect herself when exploring dungeons. The second floor boss though proved to be pretty interesting. Stealing one's skills though is pretty cheap though. Only Maple can stay calm after being half eaten. Sally really outdid herself in her battle with the second boss though. Still looks like the admins are starting to get lucky with their anti maple efforts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2023 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Creating a floor boss with the only aim of defeating Maple. At this point, I genuinely feel sorry for the admins.

Jan 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2019
half the episode was cgi kekw

Jan 26, 2023 10:54 AM

Jan 2021
Good episode with Maple being Maple. I love the humor that Maple brings to every scenario. There are Nice action scenes with Sally taking the spotlight during the library scene with the book monster designed to defeat Maple. The CGI during these action sequences was jarring and a noticeable change. 

It feels the anime will focus on how the game can defeat Maple, and I love it. That new admin in the developer team sure gives the team this sense of seriousness to defeating Maple. I bet she got on board and immediately questioned, "how was this allowed in the first place?". 

Jan 26, 2023 3:48 PM
Nov 2022
I must say the goofiness of the episode was pleasant to watch and to contrast that the battle, amazing!

Sorry if it seems not much to say but my fellow fans said most of it
;p
Jan 27, 2023 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
Those game devs don't learn huh...Maple is only getting stronger beyond whales!
5/5.

Jan 27, 2023 2:57 AM

Oct 2017
Mii before and Mii before other people are completely different people kek. Devs vs Maple again, they really have it out for her. Sally fight was pretty cool.
Jan 27, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
ex-arm reference <3
Jan 27, 2023 12:16 PM

Mar 2017
the CGI to not CGI was so disturbing to look at 

This episode screams potential duel between Maple and Sally. I mean, the monster in the second floor is literally anti-Maple and 
is like Maple but Sally used something to defeat it. And after that, she's like awkwardly looking at Maple. 

And we all know that Sally usually says that she can't defeat Maple. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 27, 2023 1:22 PM

Jul 2021
o CGI desse episódio está horrível
Jan 27, 2023 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
slow Maple haha
Maple fell in the slime but quickly found a way to get back up
she caught those ghosts and got Sally's item along with something else

mods hating on Maple as usual

so she got Sally's boots, an item that summons ghost hands (???) as well as a cute outfit with a useful skill that carries items, interesting

Mii-chan appeared, and she wanted the fire boosting item, but she needed Maple's help
being able to stand there and prepare a big attack without getting any damage sure is useful, Danmachi charas would love that lol
i guess, each character (apart from Maple) really focus on 1 type of thing, Mii uses fire, Sally has agility, etc
Mii-chan keeps complaining about being a guild leader, she can't relax at all, she shouldn't have pretended to be cooler than she needed to be haha

Kasumi and Frederica appear, and Mii goes into cool beauty mode lol what a difference
people talking about beating Maple in the next guild fight, but that can't be easy
LOL Frederica getting ideas to beat Sally by using a ghost, but Maple advised her not to

next event started, one map for each guild, so no fights
Maple choosing the hardest possible difficulty, would be funny if it was so hard that even she couldn't beat it (i hate how some games suddenly go from easy to impossible to beat (unless whales) just because we choose one level difficulty higher lmao)

what the hell, Maple went into flying wool with ghost hands and her own cannons, she is original with her skill combos
so her machine got a new upgrade, probably missed that in the other episode

rip that dragon, mods had to give it a weakness, and Sally didn't miss on it, telling Maple to destroy his mouth when it breath fire

glasses Maple, KAWAIIIIIIIIIII

oh, so that's what the mods said is harder to beat, it instantly stole her cannons lmao
wait, it actually stole ALL of Maple's skills other than provoke LOL

that being said, i'm surprised Sally isn't scared at all
i guess she knows all those skills and easily dodged them, and ofc, hitting targets to do damage to the boss when it used the angel skill ... i wonder what her last skill was, we didn't see
this fight had cgi, even i noticed it and i rarely do, but it was a good scene anyway ... but i'm sure people complain about it lol

Maple is back to normal, and next is the 3rd floor, where they need to fight a monster while barely having space to walk, that has to be scary ... except those 2 can fly, so it's not that bad LOL Maple ends up transforming and finishing it with 1 bite, easy

the mods trying to confort themselves by finding anything that works on Maple lols too bad that Sally covers whatever weaknesses Maple might have, so good luck with stopping the duo without separating them like they did in the ghost house
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 27, 2023 4:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I kinda like how is starting this events regarding the differents maps/difficulty so it already starts with some good fights
Jan 28, 2023 1:24 PM
Mar 2022
I wonder why the cgi looked so bad this episode. In the other episodes and the first season in general it was barely noticable to me or I never thought that something looked out of place at all. If I had to guess I would say they didn't have the time to work over the rough edges in the book bossfight before the episode had to be released. I just hope the next episodes will have a little more polish as the series itself is a lot of fun to watch. 
Jan 28, 2023 5:12 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao the second floor battle was definitely outsourced. The devs bitching about Maple being OP: "We've tried nothing and we're out of ideas!" You can't say "nah let's not nerf her" at the end of S1 because she's the poster girl of your game and then complain when her braindead transformations that you added to this game one-shot your monsters.
Jan 29, 2023 1:13 AM
Sep 2018
That ruined the entire episode for me
Jan 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
Man the devs are out for a piece of Maple. Poor them they can't catch a break.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 29, 2023 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
I would be surprised if the tower didn't have some ghost or an entirely haunted floor.  Time for Sally to get over her fear or a least handle it a bit.  I think that hidden power she used on the book probably came with some kind of ghost or ghoul.
Jan 30, 2023 3:33 AM

Mar 2021
CTRL+F "CGI" 😅

The fight sequence in the library wasn't that bad if I'm gonna be honest. I only have one moment where I disliked or thought the cgi was kind of unnecessary. After the end of the library battle, when Sally was looking upward toward the aftermath, the part right there with the cgi just felt off to me.

Solid episode altogether. It would be nice to see Mii-chan find a way to drop her "leader" act around her other friends/guild members though.
Respectfully ofc

Jan 30, 2023 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
i've never seen cgi this good in my entire life as a human being.
Jan 30, 2023 11:16 AM
Aug 2020
I don't mind usage of CGI, but this was pretty bad.
Jan 31, 2023 8:28 AM

Jun 2015
I did notice the cgi, and I had to internalise my hate of cgi, because I have discovered AI. Check out my profile pic. AI generated from 5 keywords. All these studios ever increasing there use of CGI are going to put themselves out of a job soon because the computer will do there job for them, and the closer it gets to producing anime styled visuals vs traditional western cgi crap 3d moving models, the closer we get to the singularity. Im ready for the leap. I fully embrace our AI, just give me good story!

P.S, love this episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 31, 2023 12:27 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, Maple got slimed again.

But apparently Maple broke the game again with too much object in one place? (which doesn't make sense, as in earlier episodes/ season, there were times where tons of stuff are all in one place...)

Tho, Maple got a new outfit, LOL.

___ ___ ___

And then we got a Maple x Mii DATE.

BTW, I noticed that Maple's Flying Fortess combo doesn't have a cooldown like Atrocity?

So Maple can pretty much use Loving + Throne + Turtle and most likely summon her Oni Army all at once non-stop?

There's not even a need for Machine God or Atrocity anymore huh....

___ ___ ___

LOOOOL @ the fluffy sheep cotton ball skill. So cute.

Until Maple spawned giant cannons out of it...

And Maple apparently can change her Machine God's shape on whether to equip more or less weapons. Her version 2 is basically "Infinite Stratos mecha suit"

___ ___ ___

And the DEVs apparently made a special counter to go against Maple, by having a Boss that steals players OP skills.

With Maple mostly out, Sally went crazy on the books and used a new skill to beat them.

(as a note, it still looks like while Maple will have difficulties beating the boss, the boss apparently also still can't defeat Maple even with her own OP skills, Maples default DEF and VIT stat is just TOO HIGH...)

amlgJan 31, 2023 12:35 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 1, 2023 10:01 AM
Feb 2020
Swapped to full CGI after half the episode.
Feb 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Nov 2014
I actually really like this show they give us so much content, lots of fights decent conversation, lots of situations where Maple and crew is being OP.

This episode was especially good because you could see the girls actually try to strategize and defeat a boss monster instead of Maple just stepping on them (heh).
Feb 4, 2023 4:11 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Idk if it’s just me but the story seems to be all over the place. This anime is sweet and lighthearted but that’s about it 😬

At least the girls are cute :’)
Feb 6, 2023 3:17 PM

May 2017
This was a better episode than the last two. the CG was interesting, I can't remember if they used CG like this in the first season?? it was a little jarring, but still cute
Feb 9, 2023 4:20 AM
Nov 2019
I hate when they 3D animate...
Feb 9, 2023 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
Para hacer un GCI de mierda no lo hagáis.
Feb 10, 2023 6:38 AM

May 2015
Glad the good ambiance is still here.
Feb 15, 2023 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
Maple so cute. The devs are scared of her as usual. LMAO. That always makes me smile.
Mar 6, 2023 4:14 PM
Sep 2022
3d animation was a no no
Mar 15, 2023 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
Goodness did not like that library scene. 
Mar 22, 2023 6:16 PM

Dec 2020
i didnt watch anime for a long time and now i decided to watch this anime, bofuri after a long time i dont. and i think im not gettin exited or have same feeling when i watch anime. for now i just feel bored maybe cause im getting older or somethin but ya, kinda bored to watch
Apr 14, 2023 5:14 AM

May 2020
All was fine until she said, "Eat it like I usually do?" Sally got to test out her new skills.
Apr 17, 2023 7:05 PM
Mar 2023
The CGI was a bit smelly but otherwise it was a great episode, a show of weaknesses for Sally and Maple if you will. And how they're both useful to each other and cover for each other, showing synergy and friendship.
Apr 19, 2023 6:47 PM
Aug 2020
basically the season is about GMs trying to kill mapple and show how OP she is, shounen has currently become something unbearable to watch, what is wrong with these authors and producers taking this garbage to adapt?
Apr 26, 2023 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
It's 2023 and we still have 3DCG this bad.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

101 by davidernu »»
Apr 24, 12:12 AM

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

61 by waldy713 »»
Jan 17, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

39 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.