Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 29, 2017 1:49 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
JohnTron said:
Fatalism, nihilism, egotism, narcissism, selfishness; we could go on for hours discussing what personas Hiro has.

I think he's just the representation of 'what not to be' from a societal standpoint.
I think we're having issues agreeing with what persona he truly holds based on the fact that none of us can personally relate to him as a character.
We'l have to see how his character unfolds during the series, maybe see him get worse so we can come to a static conclusion together.

Safe to say I don't like this character, for all the right reasons.

Yes, that about sums it up, and you're right on every point. I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I get a little too into debating such things, but usually I'm pretty pragmatic and would have said something similar myself.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 29, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
The fact that he looks like some super old dude, fights like he has absolutely no idea what he's doing, and sounds so lame makes the fact that hes now a robot and can actually kick butt freaking hilarious. That whole fight was funny as heck and he is just such a great dude. And on that note, it also really shows the difference between the two robots. HIRO SUCKS and I look forward to his ultimate defeat.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 29, 2017 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this episode was a little bit softer i think but still...
They really managed to show how different they are and how different people's minds can be.
Really glad that he finally learned some of his abilities. And that he saved that guy and the family. At least something positive in this episode :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 30, 2017 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
Andou is such a Gantz fanboy with all those posters in his room. Shameless self-promotion on the creator's part.

Hiro kinda reminds me of Nishi from Gantz because he enjoys killing so much and has little regard to life and the people around him. I like Nishi more though.

LOL at Inuyashiki singing Astro Boy's OP song to get his flying gear to work.

"Omae wa GAY ka?" That made me lol and I'm a little gay myself.

Hiroya Oku loves making his characters cry, whether they be good or bad guys. He loves his tears.

As usual, Hiro killed the bullies. Not even Andou approves. Hiro just loves killing. He has no drive or reason, he just loves to kill because he can.
臭い-
Oct 30, 2017 6:57 PM

Nov 2015
Bibimbapski said:

"Omae wa GAY ka?" That made me lol and I'm a little gay myself.

In episode 2. I thought Hiro and his friend was gay.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 30, 2017 11:23 PM
Feb 2016
The story of the manga seems very good but the animation on the facial expressions and the voice acting almost spoils the experience for me
Oct 31, 2017 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
Another excellent episode!
The OP music and visuals is really getting into me! A MAN WITH A MISSION is really a great band!
So both can heal people and animals huh...
Old Man saved an office worker from thugs!
Finally Old Man can now learn how to fly! and saved more people from the fire! Good deeds are always welcomed!
I'd already expect that Hiro would eventually kill the bullies from his school.
And here he goes again! nonchalantly killing some random family.
5/5.

Oct 31, 2017 9:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
episode to enlarge the characters personality, Inuyashi uses his powers to help and Hino to kill, just!!!
I hope a confrontation in the next episodes!!! kekeke
Oct 31, 2017 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
Omg, lol, that Astro Boy reference. XD

Seeing Ichirou fend off those gangsters to save that salaryman was pretty great too.

As for Hiro, he's a proper villain who is just so easy to absolutely despise, I really can't wait until he comes face to face with Inuyashiki again. Here's hoping he gets some swift justice when that happens.

ladamesansmerci said:
the damn hospital security- I hope walking willy nilly into wards and hovering over patients isn't a reality in Japan :P

I'm willing to bet they have some kind of security check in the hospitals, but even so, I'm sure he could get past the receptionist no problem. Either by sneaking past in a group of other people or by lying his way into the building, saying he was visiting somebody in a specific room. Nobody would really question him, being a gentle old man.
vigorousjammerOct 31, 2017 6:23 PM
::End of Transmission::

Nov 1, 2017 4:25 PM

Nov 2010
Glad that Inuyashiki back in action in this episode. i love this episode more than the last one.
That old man not only saving human but animals too and I'm glad to see he is happy that he could save people with his power now. He look really sad when he couldn't do it for the family that died in the last episode.
The scene where the old man fighting the gangsters really funny to me. Tbh, I feel bad for Chokko/Ando. His long time friend suddenly turned into a murderer.
Maybe Hiro didn't kill those two boys because it reminding him about his friendship with Ando.
Nov 2, 2017 12:08 AM
Sep 2015
Farabeuf said:
The old man is such a lovable character. He's the moral man that we all aspire to be.

Having non-anime industry actors doing the voices really gives this adaptation of the manga a certain something. It makes more gritty, less over the top and by that more compelling.

I agree about the voice actors giving this adaptation a certain something. I like it just don’t know how I would describe it.
Nov 2, 2017 5:04 AM
Sep 2016
Seeing grandpa fight earnestly but awkwardly is kind of cool.
Nov 2, 2017 9:20 PM
Oct 2007
After watching this episode makes me want to live as a robot like them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
sefferia_ellis said:

Maybe Hiro didn't kill those two boys because it reminding him about his friendship with Ando.

I think the same about it :)
Nov 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Feb 2016
"Kills 4 guys"
wut
"Takes 10000000 Yen from ATM"
oh shit wtf nigga
Nov 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
How Hiro didn't realise anything about Pops once he shoot him? Clearly every person he killed before shed blood while it was complete opposite with Inuyashiki. Now we simply have two people with same abilities with their intentions splitting them apart. One brings pure destruction while the other brings life or I should say recreation , meaning Inu saves lives. With this Inuyashiki is able shut down whole Health industry :) Honestly expected Ando to be banged once he decided to part ways with Hiro , but I am sure even in his place many wouldn't feel comfortable having such a "person" next to them. When you see four students falling on the ground you still are feeling some kind of pitty , even if they are bullies. And money which comes out of the blue isn't giving much joy either.
Nov 12, 2017 1:31 AM

Dec 2016
Hiro really is the perfect antagonist in terms of ability and intelligence, but his cockiness will 100% be his downfall, that or underestimating Inuyashiki when they inevitably fight
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 15, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
Very cool episode. I really hate Hiro more and more but it's very interesting to see both of them using their powers for very different reasons.

Inuyashiki learning his powers makes me so goddamn happy and I liked that he he was able to save that cat and learn that he has the ability to heal.

Hiro still needs his ass beat though.
Nov 16, 2017 2:06 AM

Jul 2014
I fucking lol'd at Ichirou when he hummed the Astro Boy song trying to fly. It was so hilarious and bizarre at the same time. Good on him for using his powers to heal the cat and rescuing the family which makes him take a step to cure the diseased patients as well. Ando came out of his shell quickly and spoke his mindful on Hiro.
I think Hiro has crossed all the limits of sanity, curious how he will lead up into the series.
Nov 20, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2016
Old man saving the cat made me so damn happy :D AND saving cancer patients!! The savior xD

On the other hand, Hiro... with the amount of power he has, just kills anyone who's a bother. Luckily he hesitated when he was aiming at the two children.
Nov 23, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2015
Astro boy :DD

At least his friend has some moral code.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 1, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
the hell is wrong with the high school kid.
Dec 2, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 2016
CaptainET said:
"Kills 4 guys"
wut
"Takes 10000000 Yen from ATM"
oh shit wtf nigga

lmaooo this is was my thought exactly, how is stealing money more shocking to you than killing 4 of your classmates right in front of you?
Dec 23, 2017 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
GRANDPA-KUN IS SO ADORABLE I LOVE HIM

him fighting the gangsters had me in tears of laughter, and the cat scene had me in tears in general but those turned into happy ones

hiro is horrible, i can't believe i actually hate an anime character only three episodes in but i do
Dec 26, 2017 9:57 AM

May 2012
The good and the bad is portrayed beautifully in this anime, really amazing and even hard to swallow with some scenes! Great episode, let's see what's next!
Dec 29, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2013
Ichiro seriously warms up my heart every time he does a good deed and gets emotional about it. Or when he's desperately trying to save someone but feels shattered inside when he can't make it in time TTATT he's so pure and genuinely kind. So lovely to see everyone loving him and being Team Inuyashiki lol.

But damn, Hiro must be intelligent or have natural talent to have already figured out how to immediately use his powers. Ichiro is over here tryna learn how to fly. Super cute how he has to sing the Astro Boy song to activate his flying abilities LOL. I hope he learns how to do things faster if he's gonna face Hiro one day D:

It's too bad Hiro lost his only friend :( but also great to see that his friend retains his good morality and doesn't abuse Hiro's powers to gain revenge on bullies and whatnot. You could see the fear in him and how even though he got bullied, murder wasn't the way he wanted to handle things :(
Jan 3, 2018 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
The edge in this anime is just astronomical. At least the Grandpa is here to somewhat balance it out. I wonder how long we'll have to put up with Hiro though.
Jan 6, 2018 7:24 PM
Apr 2012
Wow.. That last scene gave me fucking chills. Hiros voice acting fits his character perfectly IMO.

Man what a show so far. This is not what I was expecting at all.
Jan 12, 2018 7:00 AM

Aug 2010
I am so glad that cat is alive
Go Inuyashiki!
That Hiro is messed up, he makes me sick
Jan 18, 2018 1:27 PM

Jan 2015
The old man saves the day again.
For a minute I was afraid he would kill Ando.
Hopefully, nope.
Jan 21, 2018 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
Omg...I'm loving this show. I dunno much about psychology, so I dunno if Hiro would be considered a sociopath, a psychopath or something else entirely. I wonder if he really has always been like that or if becoming a cyborg changed his mental state.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 25, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2016
Hiro should really be stopped.

Set by SenpieX
Jan 27, 2018 8:19 AM

Dec 2015
So childhood friend doesn't want anything to do with Hiro anymore. To cope with that he goes on a killing spree. Still don't get the attachment (especially since he let those two boys go at the end). Is it the power of friendship?
Feb 26, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2015
The Astro Boy scene was great. As part of the older generation, it makes sense that Ichiro would need more time to get used to/figure out the technology in his body than Hiro.

If Hiro would stick to using his powers for getting bullies to repent rather than killing people for shits and giggles, the world would be a much better place.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 3, 2018 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
Ichiro doesn't interact with his family members to talk about the issues he has. That ends up with him being disconnected from people who he wants their intimacy.
The other character is not mentally distressed on the other hand.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Mar 4, 2018 12:36 PM
Sep 2016
Gunderroge90 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
This episode did a good job in conveying the contrast between Inuyashiki and Shishigami. And I got to say, the live-action voice cast is really creating a unique mood for the series. Despite the absurdity of the premise, the series feels more grounded, thanks to the more natural voice acting and the themes it presents. Only 4 chapters adapted this time, with the rest of the second volume being cover. I think the next episode will cover one whole volume, plus a bit of the volume after that, and will adapt the entirety of the "yakuza" arc in one episode.

Totally agree. I've seen many complaints towards the VA, but I found it very fitting. I think it would have been much worse off with a generic and over-acted VA instead.

I'm part of the VA complainers. most people think there's only 2 levels of voice acting (normal and over -acted) the voice acting for this show is lackluster there's no doubt about it or else no one would have noticed or mentioned it, people that don't agree think we (complainers) are asking for an over-acted shonen type of voice acting, and that's not the case at all, in my case i'm just asking for the kind of VA goes unnoticed and doesn't distract me away from the plot, and this shit is so distracting that i feel like i'm on a movie theatre and everytime both main characters speak someone is throwing popcorn at the back of my head and i just get pissed and can't concentrate on the fucking movie,
Mar 9, 2018 4:01 AM

Mar 2015
This is a really awesome series wow! Two competely different people given near-omnipotent power, and two completely different ways they're going about using it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 27, 2018 4:03 PM

Oct 2009
Hiro needs professional help A$AP Rocky style
Oct 18, 2018 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
Another pathetic episode without any plot, another 17+ anime which is stupider than most of 12+ anime or even ecchi.
Jul 27, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2011
The singing part is funny LOL.

Aug 1, 2019 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Hiro flew away.
Chaos;Child.
He healed his cut.
Reika!
He can probably cure cancer?
Ichiro appears.
Ichiro flipped him.
Ichiro fucked them up in the lamest way.
lol at Ichiro singing Astro Boy.
Tobe!
Ichiro saved them.
Ando is back in school.
Those thugs.
Hiro's eyes.
lol at dude asking if they gay.
Hiro squeezing his arm with those eyes.
They're ass maggots.
Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.
Free money.
Ando can't keep being Hiro's friend.
OH SHIT! THE NEKO GOT HIT!
Ichiro healed the neko.
Hiro is on another spree.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 25, 2019 5:18 AM

May 2016
Hiro might be talented in using his newly-acquired body parts but he lacks the heart Inuyashiki has. He knew what good he could possibly do for others but he chose not to do so because it would've been too much trouble yet the old man went to the terminal ward the moment he found out he can heal even those who are near-death.

My favorite Robocop learning how to fly by singing the classic Astro Boy opening song was both hilarious and awesome. It was great that he had managed to save more lives but a lot more are getting killed on a whim by someone else who's just like him.

Oct 15, 2019 4:49 AM

Mar 2019
That flight scene was pretty funny, he's a really nice grandpa
Hiro is still killing people for fun
Oct 28, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2017
Yeahhh, the cat is alive.

Fucking Hiro, I hate u. I don't care if u kill every human in the planet including kids and babies but don't touch the animals.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2018
Inuyashiki is so NICE!!!!!!!! I'm not a huge fan of superhero thingy but he's the most amazing SUPERHERO I saw in anime/movies, etc. I love him!!!!! Please don't go in the dark side!!!!

I don't know what's wrong on his Hiro's head but nothing can justify his action, he's a murderer and Ando made a great decision!!!!!!
Mar 17, 2020 10:00 AM
Jan 2016
When power fall to the right person and the other power fall to a jerk...you can clearly see the differences...
Mar 30, 2020 3:11 AM

Oct 2017
At the end of the episode when Hiro killed another family, it's too quiet man lol. You can only hear Hiro repeatedly saying 'Bang".

I know it's too late to say this but Inuyashiki is a really generous man because he really does care not only humans, but animals too awww.
Sep 22, 2020 5:11 PM

May 2017
Young start to kill things just cause he see them or ear them , just a robot thinking is alive

Old start to heal ppl that should die

They killed the other cute girl cause she didnt talk about one piece

There was chaos child manga, that mean steins gate , so the daughter might die and the old man will save her

The only thing bothering me , is why the ship comme to earth , they come , land , then go back

I like how the story is told , it give me the same feeling that madoka , i rank it 9 for now
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 17, 2021 3:49 AM

Jan 2020
Always enjoyed seeing bullies got rekt
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

396 by omorashi »»
Jun 17, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2017

184 by auXcy »»
May 25, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

382 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.