Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 28, 2021 1:45 PM
Mar 2020
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Ethitlan said:
And it also has hentai. Have you used the site??

I just dropped in there for a sec to look up Bible Black, arguably one of the most famous and popular hentai of all time... wasn't there.

Looked up some other hentai titles like Araiya-san, which had a "safe", edited ecchi version for broadcast... nothing.

Artistic erotic titles like Belladonna of Sadness?... zilch.

Borderline hentai titles like Aki Sora, Interspecies Reviewers and Redo of Healer?... nope.

I even checked the genre tags filter in alphabetical order and I didn't see "Hentai" anywhere in the "H" section.

So, if you could drop me some links as examples and point me to those hentai titles that Anilist supposedly has, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call BS on this one, fam.

Either way, the fact that I could not find any of the aforementioned titles at all already goes to show how lacking Anilist's database is compared to MAL's.

No way. If so, my bad but I remember seeing it. But I don't think it's lacking. Compared to MAL, AniList seems to have way more Chinese and Korean works. This means manwha, manhwa, donghua and the Korean counterpart for anime
Oct 28, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2020
Tendo_GM said:
Ethitlan said:

Both are popularity contests. What are you talking about

They are, but AniList is way worse, it puts new anime very high up. It’s 2 top anime are both from 2021

That doesn't exactly say anything. Both of those are in the top 10 in MAL and the scores don't exactly differ by much from MAL and AniList. Plus, a popularity contest relates to the show being so popular that it gets given higher scores due to its popularity. Both Gintama and Fruits Basket are fairly popular but don't hold a candle to the likes of FMAB or AoT. They're also sequels so they're gonna get higher scores since it's the ones who like the shows continue on to watch it but that happens everywhere anyways.

Also, I've gone through your MAL and it doesn't seem you've watched either show so I don't think it's fair for you to make decisions about the show's quality before having watched it.
EthitlanOct 28, 2021 2:00 PM
Oct 28, 2021 1:57 PM
Mar 2020
Ethitlan said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:

I just dropped in there for a sec to look up Bible Black, arguably one of the most famous and popular hentai of all time... wasn't there.

Looked up some other hentai titles like Araiya-san, which had a "safe", edited ecchi version for broadcast... nothing.

Artistic erotic titles like Belladonna of Sadness?... zilch.

Borderline hentai titles like Aki Sora, Interspecies Reviewers and Redo of Healer?... nope.

I even checked the genre tags filter in alphabetical order and I didn't see "Hentai" anywhere in the "H" section.

So, if you could drop me some links as examples and point me to those hentai titles that Anilist supposedly has, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call BS on this one, fam.

Either way, the fact that I could not find any of the aforementioned titles at all already goes to show how lacking Anilist's database is compared to MAL's.

No way. If so, my bad but I remember seeing it. But I don't think it's lacking. Compared to MAL, AniList seems to have way more Chinese and Korean works. This means manwha, manhwa, donghua and the Korean counterpart for anime

I take back what I said. Bible Black is there. I think you need an account to view NSFW titles so it might be that? Make an account and check again. If you did check with your account, then you might have some sort NSFW filter setting or something I'm not sure but Bible Black does show up for me.

Here's the link:

https://anilist.co/anime/368/Bible-Black
EthitlanOct 28, 2021 2:01 PM
Oct 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
You forgot to add that there is less toxicity, barely bot score manipulation.

That's the point. No toxicity = no entertainment
We need Mal.

Oct 28, 2021 2:05 PM

Apr 2018
I am too lazy to move, maybe its good, maybe its bad. Who cares?
Oct 28, 2021 2:14 PM

Sep 2021
Anilist has a confusing interface, requires javascript enabled, and has a twitter feed
Oct 28, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
I like anilist but I started with mal so I'll jut keep using it
Oct 28, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2020
the 30 chara limit incredibly annoying but it at least encourages discussion instead of people only replying with "yes." "no." k." thats super boring.

also i like the 2010s look on mal, it seems like we have more freedom and can do whatever.

are the mods better on anilist tho? and not pedophiles? The ones here are gutter trash
Kenzolo-folkOct 28, 2021 2:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2021 2:22 PM

May 2010
@AdolZeppeli @-Facktack- you can use extensions like stylus or stylish for firefox and chrome too, and edit it however you like if you learn CSS
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/eg271ui8z63gx79/chrome_2021-10-28_14-15-04.png
https://controlc.com/7063e94b

@SleepySimoon every time I Import my list to anime list it misses hundreds of anime MAL has, and while yes it has some that MAL doesn't, those I have no desire to have, plus we can customize our lists any way we want with CSS so you can have romanji or english if you want.
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ShaggyZE
ShaggyZEOct 28, 2021 2:33 PM
Oct 28, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
I do have anilist since the beginning of this year. Kinda stumbled on it, because I am already using anichart for a very long time. Never realized that anilist was a thing until then.

But I like MAL more. Imho using this site is a bit more comfortable. I like dropdownmenus (it's more for lazy ppl like me) and I like how customizable my profile and anime/mangalists are.
There is just one thing I really hate here: the manga database is lacking af, so I never really continued to maintain my mangalist. Only updating it by chance. It seems anilist has some manga that are missing here, BUT(!!) also not every manga i am looking for so idc that much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And well, yeah maybe the UI could use a little update. But there are webbrowserextensions for this matter, so i am pretty happy rn.
Oct 28, 2021 2:41 PM

Apr 2018
Ethitlan said:
I take back what I said. Bible Black is there. I think you need an account to view NSFW titles so it might be that? Make an account and check again. If you did check with your account, then you might have some sort NSFW filter setting or something I'm not sure but Bible Black does show up for me.

Here's the link:

I honestly can't be bothered to make an Anilist account just for that, but i did find this thread (https://anilist.co/forum/thread/12623) which confirms that there is in fact an 18+ filter setting in place by default. That option doesn't appear for me as a non-member, but the idea of only being able to turn it off by having an age-verified account makes enough sense to me.

I won't argue about which database has more Chinese/Korean entries. I was only interested in the hentai aspect of your statement 'cause A) i'm a degenerate, and B) i don't care much for the former to begin with so i didn't bother to check for comparison; so i'll just take your word for it.

Welp, i stand corrected, sooo my bad for not checking well enough :P
Oct 28, 2021 2:48 PM

Apr 2020
Personally I prefer the classic UI. So MAL for me.
Oct 28, 2021 2:50 PM

Apr 2020
BTW you only joined here just to say this? 😂
Oct 28, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
You know you're probably right about most of that but the biggest hesitation I have is that Emilia has more favorites than Rem on there which makes me think the community there must be garbage.
Although on the other hand male characters like Lelouch don't have 50 million favorites so it's possible the community there is more committed to watching anime rather than having 500K dead accounts that some kids made 10 years ago and never logged in again after adding all their favorite shounen protagonists.

Maybe I'll give it a shot and see how I like the site. There's no rule that says I can't have accounts on both.
Oct 28, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2017
Can we stop talking about dead sites?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 28, 2021 3:25 PM

Dec 2020
Idk man, the community there is complete ass and you can't even have the satisfaction of trolling cos the mods can just delete any forum comments they don't like and ban whoever they don't like, I like the UI on both sites but again the forums are much harder to use than MAL's simplistic design.

Honestly the only real advantages AL has over MAL is unlimited favourites and the stats page cos it's more convenient for checking your stats than MAL, most other advantages are irrelevant to me and certainly not worth dealing with the cancerous community to access.
Oct 28, 2021 3:37 PM

Mar 2019
The only plus from Anilist is that it has Umineko Chiru Eps 8 manga entry higher score than on MAL.

So, no, MAL is better than Anilist.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Oct 28, 2021 3:52 PM

Oct 2010
Better forums? In what sense? In that they are 50% games, 50% the exact same threads you find here except even less interaction-friendly? And not to mention the specific anime discussions which are awfully scarce.

Anilist does some things better than MAL, but user interaction is definitely not one of them.
Oct 28, 2021 4:30 PM

Aug 2019
honestly I just don’t see the point of switching over at this point
Oct 28, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2018
UI, Scores, Peaceful atmosphere - AL
Active forums, Interesting warzone - MAL

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 28, 2021 5:59 PM

Feb 2021
I think mal is better.It is easy to use than anilist. Everything is easy to update on mal and I also like the forum system
Oct 28, 2021 6:05 PM

Apr 2018
Thanks, i'll take my leave.

Character limit because mods actually don't care about enforcing anything.
My taste is trash. So is yours.
Oct 28, 2021 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
MAL's score more accurate overall since its like the most popular site lol.
I prefer AniDB's review system though since you can score the show's categories as well (plot, characters, art, sound, etc.)
Oct 28, 2021 6:11 PM

Aug 2017
I use both, the two sites are pretty the same to me, but I prefer MAL, no particular reason
Oct 28, 2021 6:19 PM

Jun 2021
The only thing I don't liked about Anilist is thet their interface is shit as hell..
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Oct 28, 2021 6:21 PM

Apr 2016
I've heard bad things about AniList's forum moderation.
Oct 28, 2021 9:07 PM

Jun 2020
OP joined MAL for something like this
Oct 28, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2019
I agree. But I also disagree. Pretty simple, I would say.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 28, 2021 9:35 PM

Mar 2020
Ethitlan said:
Tendo_GM said:

They are, but AniList is way worse, it puts new anime very high up. It’s 2 top anime are both from 2021

That doesn't exactly say anything. Both of those are in the top 10 in MAL and the scores don't exactly differ by much from MAL and AniList. Plus, a popularity contest relates to the show being so popular that it gets given higher scores due to its popularity. Both Gintama and Fruits Basket are fairly popular but don't hold a candle to the likes of FMAB or AoT. They're also sequels so they're gonna get higher scores since it's the ones who like the shows continue on to watch it but that happens everywhere anyways.

Also, I've gone through your MAL and it doesn't seem you've watched either show so I don't think it's fair for you to make decisions about the show's quality before having watched it.

I never said that those 2 were bad or judged their quality, I just said that AniList’s rankings overall are pretty shit
Oct 28, 2021 9:59 PM

Jan 2020
I have anilist too lol. But the forums and my time spend on this website can't be matched

Oct 29, 2021 12:32 AM

Apr 2020
I use both MAL and Anilist but I like MAL better :)
Oct 29, 2021 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Anilist is absolute garbage. I get persecuted every damn time on the forums if I say that I didn't like a particular anime. Anyone who has a different opinion from the majority gets treated like a leper by the self righteous users there. I even got a ban for calling an anime overrated (no joke). Plus, the site design of anilist is horrendous. Updating things on anilist is a very big headache. Forums on anilist are also pretty much dead and the users there copy all threads that are made on mal. So, no creativity nothing just rubbish copy paste. Anilist is a very overrated website. It is beyond all logic how some people can say that anilist is better. Maybe they just want to look cool by saying that
removed-userOct 29, 2021 12:53 AM
Oct 29, 2021 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
You forgot to add that there is less toxicity, barely bot score manipulation.

What are you speaking? Less toxicity? You must have never used anilist forums if you say that
Oct 29, 2021 12:59 AM

Jun 2016
It looks like a shitty phone website which makes it immediately worse.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 29, 2021 1:13 AM

Mar 2021
I wouldn't say that, but it has its moments/purposes.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Oct 29, 2021 1:19 AM

Aug 2019
both have their pro's and con's, i personally use both everyday because i enjoy the two sites almost the same.
Oct 29, 2021 1:22 AM

May 2019
MAL forum is more active, and...

I don't need "better UI" or "better stat" or anything. I just need better API. Since I developed my own list app and I just need data.
Oct 29, 2021 1:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It LOOKS good, but MAL is just way easier to use. Maybe it's simply because we've been using it for so long, but I still think it's easier to navigate, and there's just more STUFF here. Plus the overwhelming bulk of the anime community is still primarily here and will be indefinitely.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 29, 2021 1:51 AM

Feb 2020
-Kimochi said:
What about anime planet? Anyone use that?

Yes, I used it as my second to go website. Especially for custom list and tag. Tag search engine is better than every other anime website. Also I have observed they have better updated character pages than mal sometimes and I have seen some mal users using it for manga listing (maybe they have better I am not sure)
AdampkOct 29, 2021 1:56 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 29, 2021 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
This my home. More active forums here and more fun.
This was my first anime/manga tracking website too.
Oct 29, 2021 2:02 AM

Apr 2020
trap > no trap
myanimelist: 1
anilist: 0

Oct 29, 2021 2:11 AM

Aug 2013
If anything, anidb would be my choice. Their database is far more advanced and detailed. They even have insert songs listed (with information about composers etc) for each episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 29, 2021 2:32 AM

Sep 2020
Very inactive forums, anime news is not very reliable since its community based, most accounts are bots, has many entries missing, takes a very very long time for new titles to be approved(the less popular ones).
The only thing it has going for it is the UI, which is again not like a whole lot by everyone
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 29, 2021 2:37 AM
Mar 2020
Tendo_GM said:
Ethitlan said:

I never said that those 2 were bad or judged their quality, I just said that AniList’s rankings overall are pretty shit

They're so similar to MAL though. The individual placements are a bit switched up but the top 10 is virtually the same. Let alone the top 50 and 100
Oct 29, 2021 2:39 AM

Feb 2020
MAL forums are much more active, so I'll stay here.
Oct 29, 2021 2:40 AM
Mar 2020
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Ethitlan said:

Here's the link:

I honestly can't be bothered to make an Anilist account just for that, but i did find this thread (https://anilist.co/forum/thread/12623) which confirms that there is in fact an 18+ filter setting in place by default. That option doesn't appear for me as a non-member, but the idea of only being able to turn it off by having an age-verified account makes enough sense to me.

I won't argue about which database has more Chinese/Korean entries. I was only interested in the hentai aspect of your statement 'cause A) i'm a degenerate, and B) i don't care much for the former to begin with so i didn't bother to check for comparison; so i'll just take your word for it.

Welp, i stand corrected, sooo my bad for not checking well enough :P

Oh yea fair. I said what I said but I do think this thread is stupid. At the end of the day, just use whatever you want. I defended AniList but cl, I use MAL way more. So that's that
Oct 29, 2021 2:42 AM
Aug 2021
anilist community dead, MAL community is way batter. So...MAL for me.
JuwuuwuOct 29, 2021 2:51 AM
Oct 29, 2021 2:42 AM

Aug 2015
I'll prolly use Anilist for all hentai shows and totally separate them from my MAL normal list. Are you happy now?
Oct 29, 2021 2:49 AM

Jan 2021
I completely forgot I had Anilist. Yes, I’d say Anilist is better when it comes to scoring (aka you can have a 100-point score or a decimal score system) but other than than, MAL is better.

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Oct 29, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2021
anilist also has flaws, saìtìtats are updated nly after 24 hours, and you can only update it manually for 2 times first o not being able to do it, the list design is better, anilist also has the function that you can see replies to a comment directly above it without it being randomly somewhere else n the thread, but as far as i know you can't messasge userss there, heaven's official blessing is in the top 15 despite being garbage too, this site has a better user interface, and anilist doesn't have recommendations, the answer is using both sites to gain all the advantages of both
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

42 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Why do people "self-insert" with weak characters

Anjuro - Yesterday

24 by BirdyTheMighty »»
14 minutes ago

» How accurate is your country and countrymen portrayed in Anime?

Dragevard - May 28

22 by FanofAction »»
36 minutes ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - May 29

46 by FanofAction »»
41 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - May 29

39 by Zarutaku »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.