Forum Settings
Forums

Illegitimate (Duplicate) Account Detection System: Scores Will Be Recalculated Site-Wide

New
Pages (26) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
Mar 5, 2020 1:09 AM

Feb 2012
sorcery said:
Salty but right, though. Gintama is highly overrated, indeed. I'd understand entries being maybe part of top 200, but having 3 ones at the top 10? Better ranked than classics like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell or the best of Miyazaki's best?
* sniff *
* sniff * odor of dog poo poo in there.

Of course it's not overrated, by definition. It is better than Cowboy Bebop, better than Ghost in the Shell and better of Miyazaki's best. It is consistently better ranked than all this anime in every anime db site, no matter how much salty people try to downvote it with fake accounts.
It is an unmatched masterpiece recognized by the whole anime community. Deal with it.
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Mar 5, 2020 2:59 AM

Dec 2016
winfoharso said:
This recalibration has screwed up the whole system. We were getting close to having all of Gintama out of the 9 star range, but now one of the 5 million seasons is #2. Gintama is trash. If I had 2 wishes, first would be the deletion of Hunter x Hunter from all of time and space, and second would be the same for Gintama. Gintama is trash.

Lmao thanks for this comment. You made my day.
Mar 5, 2020 6:32 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
sorcery said:
Salty but right, though. Gintama is highly overrated, indeed. I'd understand entries being maybe part of top 200, but having 3 ones at the top 10? Better ranked than classics like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell or the best of Miyazaki's best?
* sniff *
Yes, I find Gintama way better than everything you mentioned. And I believe that most of the people who have watched Gintama also believe so. Hence the high rating.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 5, 2020 10:52 AM

May 2015
sorcery said:
* sniff *

Aww, is the crybaby sad that Gintama is ranked higher than his favorites? 😥

Mar 5, 2020 12:21 PM

Jun 2019
Hrybami said:
-Aincrad- said:

Saltier than the oceans.

Salty maybe but he is entirely right.

If it's salty does not mean that it's false... I feel that MAL is converging to a forum centered on three words :

"This show is overrated.
- Stop being salty dude.
- Shut up SJW."

Too bad that winfoharso is trolling because he dismisses a show like H² for no valid reasons. Then everyone taking the bait to say he's wrong, how laughable (better than any Gintama schoolboys jokes). Anyway, it does not seem to be the place to debate if higher score means better; Gintama is a comedic show, so I do not really see how it compares to something like Ghost in the Shell but whatever. Shows should be divided by main genre to be compared to begin with, and if score could be computed modulo hype, then yeah, one could say that one comedic show is an average better than another comedic one. It's just a very unreliable indication of "value".
MeusnierMar 5, 2020 1:03 PM
Mar 5, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2011
Sure, every mediocre comedy referencing mediocre Battle Shounens for asspat points, shall be right away recommended as flagship show to anyone trying to getting started with the medium. Makes an amazing deal of sense. I have yet to wonder then why no casual take the medium and its community seriously; why they mostly imagine anime fans as unwashed, Doritos encrusted, barely literate hive mind dweebs humping body pillows. Truly a thick mystery for the ages.
Mar 5, 2020 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
winfoharso said:
This recalibration has screwed up the whole system. We were getting close to having all of Gintama out of the 9 star range, but now one of the 5 million seasons is #2. Gintama is trash. If I had 2 wishes, first would be the deletion of Hunter x Hunter from all of time and space, and second would be the same for Gintama. Gintama is trash.
Sounds like salt has made you dehydrated, here have some ichigo gyunyu

sorcery said:
Sure, every mediocre comedy referencing mediocre Battle Shounens for asspat points, shall be right away recommended as flagship show to anyone trying to getting started with the medium. Makes an amazing deal of sense. I have yet to wonder then why no casual take the medium and its community seriously; why they mostly imagine anime fans as unwashed, Doritos encrusted, barely literate hive mind dweebs humping body pillows. Truly a thick mystery for the ages.

I think close to 100% of people who rate shows don't do it for guiding nooblets. This site already has the review and recommendation thing going on for that. Also I haven't humped my body pillow in over a week, so there's not as much thick mystery on my sheets.
ZakuF_Mar 5, 2020 4:13 PM
Mar 5, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
I hate Gintama but even I'm going "Yikes" at some of these comments.
Mar 5, 2020 5:23 PM

May 2015
sorcery said:

You really need to get a life. LMAO.

Mar 6, 2020 1:56 AM
Aug 2017
Gintama is hot trash, same with Haikyuu.

Ridiculous overrated crap and it's infinite sequels are brigaded to the top because it's zealous fanboys are the only ones that bother watching that turd.

An anime that apparently takes 50 odd episodes or whatever to get "good" should not be in the Top 10.

This is why you shouldn't take MAL seriously.
Mar 6, 2020 3:52 AM

Feb 2012
sorcery said:
I have yet to wonder then why no casual take the medium and its community seriously; why they mostly imagine anime fans as unwashed, Doritos encrusted, barely literate hive mind dweebs humping body pillows. Truly a thick mystery for the ages.

The same reason they think the same thing about gamers, Netflix users or people with a different skin colour: pure ignorance and bigotry.

-MEHMET- said:
PKX said:

Of course it's not overrated, by definition. It is better than Cowboy Bebop, better than Ghost in the Shell and better of Miyazaki's best. It is consistently better ranked than all this anime in every anime db site, no matter how much salty people try to downvote it with fake accounts.
It is an unmatched masterpiece recognized by the whole anime community. Deal with it.

Recognized by whole community? C'mon dude, we all know Gintama was watched by a very small community compared to other mainstream shows.

Pure BS, it's still top 100 in popularity. And...

Gilvorak said:

It's not just MAL. It's the same everywhere: MAL, anidb, ANN, animeplanet, kitsu, DVD and volume sales in JP, WSJ rankings.
It's almost as if the whole anime community recognized it as masterpiece and just a bunch of haters are in denial. Basically the same thing that happens with every masterpiece...
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Mar 6, 2020 4:02 AM

Dec 2016
PKX said:

Imagine thinking MAL's popularity ranking is representative of the real world lmao. The most popular anime of all time worldwide is not even in this site's top 200...
Mar 6, 2020 5:16 AM

Sep 2017
And that may be why Gintama's fanbase is way less toxic than the other ones
Mar 6, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2012
Ferien said:
PKX said:

Imagine thinking MAL's popularity ranking is representative of the real world lmao. The most popular anime of all time worldwide is not even in this site's top 200...

Imagine thinking popularity among casuals matters something in the anime community...
Anyway, that's why I included JP sales and WSJ rankings. Also, there's absolutely no way in hell an unpopular anime can remain published in WSJ for 15 years, this is a known and indisputable fact.

Gintama's unpopularity is an inside joke but by no means true.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Ty-Ki said:
Mar 6, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
Meusnier said:
Hrybami said:

If it's salty does not mean that it's false... I feel that MAL is converging to a forum centered on three words :

"This show is overrated.
- Stop being salty dude.
- Shut up SJW."

Too bad that winfoharso is trolling because he dismisses a show like H² for no valid reasons. Then everyone taking the bait to say he's wrong, how laughable (better than any Gintama schoolboys jokes). Anyway, it does not seem to be the place to debate if higher score means better; Gintama is a comedic show, so I do not really see how it compares to something like Ghost in the Shell but whatever. Shows should be divided by main genre to be compared to begin with, and if score could be computed modulo hype, then yeah, one could say that one comedic show is an average better than another comedic one. It's just a very unreliable indication of "value".

If you think Gintama is just a comedic show, you are already wrong.
Fortune favours the bold!

Mar 6, 2020 1:57 PM

Jun 2019
DeathTheKid4 said:
Meusnier said:

"This show is overrated.
- Stop being salty dude.
- Shut up SJW."

Sorry, I forgot the deep philosophical aspects of Gintama. I watched a bit less than the first 100 episodes and most of it was comedy (there were some half-serious parts). But your definition of comedy might differ from common sense. The only thing that I regretted in my message is to have forgotten about "toxic" as fourth MAL meaningless word.

Let me take a quote from the most rated review of Gintama : "One series has, however, defied all the conventions, and has become one of the greatest comedy anime of all time."

Enough said.
Mar 6, 2020 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
Meusnier said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Sorry, I forgot the deep philosophical aspects of Gintama. I watched a bit less than the first 100 episodes and most of it was comedy (there were some half-serious parts). But your definition of comedy might differ from common sense. The only thing that I regretted in my message is to have forgotten about "toxic" as fourth MAL meaningless word.

Let me take a quote from the most rated review of Gintama : "One series has, however, defied all the conventions, and has become one of the greatest comedy anime of all time."

Enough said.

it's the greatest comedy and the greatest action anime of all time. And it's one of the two that I myself consider the best (at least from all that I've seen), the other one being Legend of the galactic heroes.

Mar 7, 2020 12:06 AM

Jun 2019
DeathTheKid4 said:
Meusnier said:

Enough said.

it's the greatest comedy and the greatest action anime of all time. And it's one of the two that I myself consider the best (at least from all that I've seen), the other one being Legend of the galactic heroes.

Seriously, what are you trying to prove? State your opinion really loudly maybe; you find it great, good for you, that does not change the fact that the show is primarily a comedy. Maybe it changes towards more action after 100 episodes, but how does it make my first comment "wrong"? Talk about picking up a fight for no reasons. I will just ignore the MAL generic Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu comment at the end.

"Greatest action anime of all time", nice bait lmao. Don't expect me to say that say that show X or Y is better, opinion wars are irrelevant. And humor is something so subjective that I find it puzzling that you may make statements like "greatest comedy of all time". I laughed at Saiki Kusuo a lot and not so often at Gintama, but I will not state that my tastes in humor are better than yours... I would not be offended if someone thought that the music in Fukumenkei Noise was better than Nana's one (liked both by the way, just saying for fans).

Edit: funny point, our "anime affinity" is 44,6%.
Mar 7, 2020 8:39 AM

May 2016
This is getting ridicolous. Now i can't see my own score, i need to press "add to my list" to add or update. MAL admisn are killing this site.
MAL admins killing their own site because someone said to give positive reviews to a show.
Sad.
Mendax89Mar 7, 2020 8:43 AM
Mar 7, 2020 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
Mendax89 said:
This is getting ridicolous. Now i can't see my own score, i need to press "add to my list" to add or update. MAL admisn are killing this site.
MAL admins killing their own site because someone said to give positive reviews to a show.
Sad.

I was going to tell you to report your issue in the support sub-forum, but apparently you already did.
Also I'm not sure what your problem is and what link together your several sentences.
Care to explain a bit better so we can help you?
Mar 8, 2020 5:48 AM
Jan 2018
What makes an account legitimate to vote?
Mar 8, 2020 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
SuperJokerPT said:

We will probably never know.
I never really understood why people are so worried if their votes are counted into the aggregate score.
Mar 8, 2020 7:22 AM

Aug 2018
CondemneDio said:
SuperJokerPT said:

I never really understood why people are so worried if their votes are counted into the aggregate score.

it's because people now are afraid their alt accounts votes is not getting counted,hence why so many people asking what trigger the system and whatnot,gotta find those loophole and boost my fav animu scores 🙏
Mar 8, 2020 8:14 AM
Jan 2018
CondemneDio said:
SuperJokerPT said:

I asked just for curiosity, the only scores who matter for me are my personal scores, I like to share them with my friends
Mar 8, 2020 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
SuperJokerPT said:
CondemneDio said:

I asked just for curiosity, the only scores who matter for me are my personal scores, I like to share them with my friends

Understood, easy to read that as one of the dozens of complaint comments even if you didn't mean it.
Mar 13, 2020 8:14 AM
Sep 2013
Why not make a separate tab in the Anime drop down? You have 1 for "Top Anime", which includes original series and first seasons.
Then make another tab for "Top Anime Sequels" which would obviously include sequels and wouldnt have the biased of misleading people that never watched a season 1 but saw inflated scores of the sequels from fans of said series

it really doesnt seem that hard
Mar 14, 2020 5:11 AM

Jul 2019
winfoharso said:
More like u are saying bots are good.
Ferien said:
PKX said:

but if people can talk about top 100 anime w.r.t to MAL on MAL so how can't they talk about top 100 MAL popularity on MAL?
Gilvorak said:
Gintama is hot trash, same with Haikyuu.

Ridiculous overrated crap and it's infinite sequels are brigaded to the top because it's zealous fanboys are the only ones that bother watching that turd.

An anime that apparently takes 50 odd episodes or whatever to get "good" should not be in the Top 10.

but it's hghly rated on multiple sites not just MAL. What's your point?
Florete said:
I hate Gintama but even I'm going "Yikes" at some of these comments.
That means your hatred is not insane like this hatred.
Meusnier said:
Hrybami said:

"This show is overrated.
- Stop being salty dude.
- Shut up SJW."

Atually it's a blind hatred. You don't like it, it's ok but who are you to tell what to rate unless it's morally stupid.
sorcery said:
* sniff *
Well I liked some show but I want you to tell me to rate so that it can't be overrated. Is that ok?[quote=Ferien message=59279665]
PKX said:

Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Mar 14, 2020 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
puneetsingh said:
Meusnier said:

"This show is overrated.
- Stop being salty dude.
- Shut up SJW."

Atually it's a blind hatred. You don't like it, it's ok but who are you to tell what to rate unless it's morally stupid.

Why do you necro my post to say obscure things? I honestly do not understand what the phrase "who are you to tell what to rate unless it's morally stupid", could you explain yourself better? Thank you.
Mar 15, 2020 7:16 AM
Jan 2016
So, if I seriously vote for a series at the wrong time, my vote won't count?

What if an anime has an actually good and divisive episode / an anime is actually good but divisive, leading to an influx of both 10 and 1 votes? Those votes won't count?

Duplicate and new account behavior should be filtered out by all means, but a real account, NEVER, regardless of behavior. Letting an automatic(?), utterly non-transparent system drastically affect votes of legitimate accounts based on undefined, "wrong" behavior, BAD bad idea. Are you turning MAL into Psycho-Pass? I can not support this.

Who decided on this system and how many people approve and dissapprove of this? Also, threatening with bans to restrict discussion, hmmmm...

If you insist on this, then for better transparency and user trust, please at least add an all vote average to the stats page in small font. Anyone who's going to decode the system is going to calculate the averages with some bot anyway. If you are employing a vote filter that applies all legitimate accounts, it NEEDS to be transparent as possible.
Mar 15, 2020 2:31 PM
Mar 2020
how often are weighted score got updated ? why some anime weighted score still stuck in the same numbers even after few days?
Mar 16, 2020 6:14 AM

Jun 2015
bioperas said:
how often are weighted score got updated ? why some anime weighted score still stuck in the same numbers even after few days?

Scores do not change willy-nilly.

Mar 23, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Connortit said:
diego_weiller said:
An easier and better job would be to require a social number to prove identity, and don't try to tell me that FMA:B is better than One Piece, sales prove otherwise.
manga sales thats got nothing to do with how well the anime is adapted

But DVD and BlueRay do.
-And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."
Mar 23, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2019
Meusnier said:
puneetsingh said:

Why do you necro my post to say obscure things? I honestly do not understand what the phrase "who are you to tell what to rate unless it's morally stupid", could you explain yourself better? Thank you.
Because you are agreeing the post which says anyone who loves that particular anime is overrating it and made it rated 9 or above which is a bad thing. Aren't you? and it means you and him are the guidance for the rating for that particular show..
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Mar 25, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
puneetsingh said:
Meusnier said:

Because you are agreeing the post which says anyone who loves that particular anime is overrating it and made it rated 9 or above which is a bad thing. Aren't you? and it means you and him are the guidance for the rating for that particular show..

... Well, I am not, just read my post carefully. For starters, I never said that such or such show was overrated but rather making fun of this way of discussing anime. The guidance of whom exactly? Will people change their ratings after someone calls a show over/underrated? I doubt so.
Mar 25, 2020 9:55 AM

Dec 2018
People are seriously still fighting in this thread?
Mar 25, 2020 10:01 AM
Feb 2015
Monochrosanity said:

Apparently yeah
Mar 27, 2020 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
Monochrosanity said:

It's gonna be a while before people get over this. On other sites like Reddit I still see this brought up whenever MAL is referenced.
Mar 28, 2020 3:46 AM

Apr 2018
@Kineta
I noticed that when some animes get equal in points, their letters are used to rank them, and I think this is a bit unfair, isn't better to rank them according to their number of votes or members ??
Mar 28, 2020 4:44 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
HaChiiman said:
@Kineta
I noticed that when some animes get equal in points, their letters are used to rank them, and I think this is a bit unfair, isn't better to rank them according to their number of votes or members ??
They aren't. The scores are actually calculated to 4 decimal places (#.####) and that is used to rank them. We only display 2.
Mar 28, 2020 4:59 AM

Apr 2018
Kineta said:
HaChiiman said:
@Kineta
They aren't. The scores are actually calculated to 4 decimal places (#.####) and that is used to rank them. We only display 2.

That's what I was thought, but I found all anime that has an equal points ranked by letters without exception made me doubt of this. Anyway thanks!
Mar 28, 2020 5:02 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@HaChiiman No problem. When I was going through the data of hundreds of anime, I never saw a score that was matched down to the 4th decimal, if that adds a bit more reassurance for you.
Mar 30, 2020 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
I still think that TV hentai shows should be treated like the OVAs and not appear on the rank, I don't really care about scores, but Ishuzoku Reviewers still has 10/10 over 63%...
Apr 9, 2020 4:38 PM
Apr 2020
A bunch of Tower of God discord server users is doing the " don't forget to rate the scores " & " make an alt acc if you can" shenanigans in their server rn,just a lil heads up to the mods for what about to comes in the next few months.
Apr 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Jul 2019
Kineta said:
@HaChiiman No problem. When I was going through the data of hundreds of anime, I never saw a score that was matched down to the 4th decimal, if that adds a bit more reassurance for you.
So your raid is stopped. I thought it would go longer. Is it really over?
May 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2019
Meusnier said:
puneetsingh said:

... Well, I am not, just read my post carefully. For starters, I never said that such or such show was overrated but rather making fun of this way of discussing anime. The guidance of whom exactly? Will people change their ratings after someone calls a show over/underrated? I doubt so.
No, it's not that people will change their ratings but it's about those who force their guidance to others.
Yeah, you make fun but not winfoharso do that.
May 19, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
Super late reply, but this is an awesome change. Thanks mods!
Jun 26, 2020 3:01 AM
Nov 2019
Great to know about this system mods, never knew about it. A series named Domestic na kanojo https://myanimelist.net/manga/70941/Domestic_na_Kanojo is suffering the same raid that comes from reddit and a famous youtuber video from people that did not like the ending and its score have gone down a lot. I am glad it will be fixed soon.
Aug 10, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2018
@Kineta This anime has a problem for months and I don't know where I should to put this to grab the Mods' attention. This thread explains the problem -- https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1842241
Sep 8, 2020 11:33 PM
Apr 2018
Carlbab said:
Great to know about this system mods, never knew about it. A series named Domestic na kanojo https://myanimelist.net/manga/70941/Domestic_na_Kanojo is suffering the same raid that comes from reddit and a famous youtuber video from people that did not like the ending and its score have gone down a lot. I am glad it will be fixed soon.

Domestic Girlfriend dropping because it has a shit ending doesn't mean its score is illegitimate in the slightest.

I haven't heard of anyone giving a low score outside of people who hated the ending including myself
Sep 21, 2020 6:43 AM

Feb 2012
PrasantGrG said:
Carlbab said:

Domestic Girlfriend dropping because it has a shit ending doesn't mean its score is illegitimate in the slightest.

I haven't heard of anyone giving a low score outside of people who hated the ending including myself

Domestic Girlfriend didn't drop because of "shit ending". Domestic Girlfriend did drop because of vote brigading from a single youtuber that did not like the ending.
Ofc since it is not a smutty anime in top 10 nothing will be done about it: double standards at its finest...

Ratohnhaketon said:
Ty-Ki said:
Pages (26) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »

More topics from this board

» Genres/Themes System Change Log

Kineta - Oct 2

43 by Kristiwazhere »»
6 hours ago

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

368 by haskellith »»
9 hours ago

» Export Manga List (Anime List too). ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Sep 19, 2007

50 by vgalvis »»
Oct 16, 4:54 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Sep 12

152 by toniportelli525 »»
Oct 15, 6:45 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Feb 23

254 by GoldenCash »»
Oct 7, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.