Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2021 10:45 AM

Sep 2011
Mowcdb said:
dankop said:
To the animal theory:
I think its probably right. But there were two occasions which were weird for me. First, when Odokawa told Shirakawa that shes the only alpaca around. She didnt really reacted much for it. Like she was agreeing with Odokawa’s opinion. And second, when Goriki asked him in ep1 or ep2 how does he look to him. Odokawa replied by saying like a gorilla and Goriki said hes not wrong. Soooo, I dont know :)

being called Gorila, can mean they're calling you brute. The part I found more confusing was when Nikaido said I don't want a horse as a pet to Baba

She said she doesnt want a pet with a horseface, which basically just means you have a long face with big teeth. Unless the translation was wrong.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 4, 2021 10:05 PM
May 2020
This show makes me feel some type of way and all I can say is that its a very positive warm feeling. The OP is so good its on my playlist atp.

Great episode, its just getting better and better. Cant wait to see everything about Odowaka and his life, as well as his mind.
Jun 5, 2021 1:42 AM
Mar 2021
I am loving the show so far,if it gets a second season it could become The Wire of anime. I really liked Kabasawa and Dobu interactions.
Kakihana needs therapy most i think since he looks a bit obsessed with the girl.Seems like he is more in love with the idea of her than the girl herself
Jun 5, 2021 4:08 AM
Mar 2019
The show has finally reached 8.00!
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jun 6, 2021 10:59 AM
Oct 2020
I have a question. Kabasawa doesn't gave a gud, but who shot the leg of Dobu?
Jun 6, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2015

We don’t know. It is not Dobu’s/Tanaka’s gun. Who else would be there wearing blue who might have a gun? One of the Daimon brothers?

Jun 7, 2021 7:38 AM

Apr 2018
The ''Skull mask'' really wants to kill Odakawa, even went fast and furious mode to kill him.
Scared the shit out of Odakwa.
The so called hero got defeated by Dobu.
Dr.Goriki finally knows the truth about Odakawa's past life. But it's still a mystery even with that much info.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 7, 2021 10:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kabasawa's case got treated, and in a good way, even though he looked a bit pathetic but it was to expect after that confrontation with Dobu, I loved their discussion though. And for Odokawa's side it really feels like it's getting clearer but also more mysterious at the same time, and that's why I love this show lol
Jun 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Feb 2021
this was a good episode
Jun 11, 2021 2:29 PM
Jun 2021
Interesting seeing the beagle (dog) scratching at the window of the Odokawa's landlord when Goriki went to visit her. Kinda makes you think that the characters are all normal humans and perhaps the reason why Odokawa can recognise people so easily is because he sees them as specific animals due to some form of psychosis? Really intrigued as to his backstory too.
Jun 12, 2021 10:11 PM
Jan 2018
Holy shit!!!

Kakihana finally got rescued :') That scene with Kakihana and Odokawa was quite sweet, two old friends, bonding over old memories, trying to process their emotions.

I gotta say, I have mad respect for Dobu for being so down-to-earth to Kabasawa. He's a jerk and a coward, but Dobu doesn't punish him for that, but instead, he's just like "I wanna hear you out, or you wanna duke it out?" That's respect. Mans trying to give this kid a therapy session lol.
Jun 14, 2021 3:53 AM

Oct 2017
Man I'm excited to be able to finally learn about Odokawa's past. I wonder which organization is supporting him for all these years thou. Also RIP Kabasawa, he was running on high horse for too long.
Jul 4, 2021 2:00 PM

Jun 2013
Okay I just wanted to point out, they have pets like there was a cat that Oodokawa almost ran over and the dog at his landlady's place. Plus that one cat girl idol was eating chicken a few episodes back. They're eating meat. I guess that theory of them being animals only in Oodakawa's mind, after he had that accident that messed with his brain and perception is true.

Kakihana is fucking lucky that he has a great friend like Oodokawa. He would've died if he was left there and I still don't feel sorry for him. Call me heartless but he deserved everything that happened to him.

I have a feeling that Dobu isn't the main antagonist? I feel like Yano is worse than Dobu or perhaps Shirakawa is lying to Oodakawa.
臭い-
Jul 10, 2021 6:21 AM
May 2020
that was a very unexpected turn to the development surrounding Odokawa's parents
Jul 10, 2021 12:47 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, we get to learn a little bit about Odokawa's past.
8 out of 10
Jul 16, 2021 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
The plot continues to thicken. Glad the hippo "influencer" got what was coming to him!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 22, 2021 10:37 PM

Aug 2020
Kakihana is now saved. Both Kakihana and Kabasawa are now out of their addiction. Dobu sounds like a self-motivation expert XD.
Great episode and lot of things get resolved.
Jul 26, 2021 2:44 AM

Aug 2018
Kakihana could be saved, although he will be affected. And with Odokawa we are learning something of his past. Good chapter.
PS: The conversation in the preview xD
Jul 31, 2021 11:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I've been thinking this for a while, but I think I'm actually quite fond of Dobu's character. More and more, he just seems like one of my uncles: a gangster "by trade" but still human and still with a sense of honor and empathy. But at the same time, gotta get that money.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 23, 2021 4:42 AM
Oct 2019
Tanaka Gunshot scene is terrifying.

"I'm saying your extreme rejection of and hatred for yourself IS narcissism" Damn.
Dobu spitting facts.

There are many life lesson can be learn throughout watching Odd Taxi.
Surely i didn't expecting this one.

The Dialogue of each characters are so well written, definitely Anime of The Year 2021.
Aug 26, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
Is this Dobu really the emotionally weak and abusive "man" Shirakawa was describing some episodes ago?
Aug 29, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2018
Eiji is lucky to have a friend like Odokawa. Dobu beat that polar bear guy in a 1v1 fight? Monke is the superior lifeform kek. As for Odo's parents.. that wasn't a surprise...
Sep 6, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
That's so cool I didn't even know there was a real Twitter acc!

And so far I'm really diggin this show, I haven't skipped the OP at all this entire time.
desu desu binches
Sep 13, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Kakihana may be a dumbass but at least he has a good friend like Odokawa to save him. So far Dobu seems less of a bad guy to me compared to people like Yano, Tanaka and also Kabasawa.

Nov 20, 2021 9:21 AM
Nov 2020
I love how they had both a real cat and a real dog in this episode.
Feb 13, 2022 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
damn Odokawa is in love with Shirakawa then huh he will even take down the whole syndicate or gangster group, lets see if he can do it

and his parents are dead all along eh
Mar 30, 2022 9:16 PM

Apr 2016
Who is working with Tanaka because that guy is way too annoying despite how the rest of the cast is also annoying with how they choose to act "too naive" depending on the occasion.
Apr 17, 2022 7:55 PM

Jun 2020
bruhh i didnt know the hedgehog was speaking in rap until now
May 14, 2022 11:03 PM

Feb 2021
Lmao Taichi deserved that slap. He started off as an admirable character and the author did a really well job of making him progress into an asshole as most YouTubers do after gaining popularity. And now they gave some redemption (sort of) in form of an apology video that almost every controversial YouTuber has made lol.

Damn, Dobu sure is strong enough to fight off that huge polar bear dude. Can't believe I was cheering so hard for a criminal like Dobu lol. I mean for a criminal he sure has some good advice for Taichi.

Kakihana has been rescued!

Also, why did Odokawa lie about his parents? Some deeper plan/thought he's been holding onto?
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 8, 2022 10:42 AM

Jan 2016
If Dobu wasn't a gangster he could have been a therapist. Kabasawa is a wimp. Kakihana is dumb for throwing the ring into the water. He could easily have sold it or something.
Aug 18, 2022 12:00 AM

Jan 2018
There are "real" cats and dogs in this world? What?
During the Dobu scene, they also mentioned something about human nature. I suppose the characters are actually human and it's a stylistic choice for portraying them as animals. And also it's convenient for the plot.
Jan 8, 2023 7:04 PM

Aug 2017
Odokawa and Dobu arrive at the dock to rescue Kakihana.

Dobu had a nice smack down against one of Yano's goons.

Odokawa successfully saves Kakihana and carries him to his taxi. Leaving behind Dobu. Another one bites the dust.

Ape shit crazy skull mask shows up to the scene and shoots Dobu. Stupid baka Dobu deserved it. Coincidentally, Kabasawa arrives at the scene too but gets intimidated by Dobu's presence.
What an odd turn of events.

Jul 29, 2023 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
mood_indigo said:
Interesting seeing the beagle (dog) scratching at the window of the Odokawa's landlord when Goriki went to visit her. Kinda makes you think that the characters are all normal humans and perhaps the reason why Odokawa can recognise people so easily is because he sees them as specific animals due to some form of psychosis? Really intrigued as to his backstory too.

Good catch, was thinking something similar, definitely odd seeing a small dog being supposedly treated like a dog when the old lady (another dog) is talking to the doctor.
Makes sense too with how Goriki mentioned his synesthesia.

That got me thinking,
... could be a hell of a stretch though.
PrOxAntoJul 30, 2023 3:21 AM
Oct 15, 2023 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
Shame Dobu's a scumbag, definitely has charisma.
Jan 1, 2:35 PM

Jan 2022
hmmm maybe Dobu isn't that bad of a person. Dobu got shot in the leg rip at least the hippo finally backed down and admitted he was doing everything for attention. If the girl that slept with the hippo realized he was a pos why did she also sleep with him? I mean in the first episode, there was a cat so I already knew something was going on. The dog in this scene didn't help. I really hope Odokawa doesn't move away, esp if his expenses are already paid. How did Tanaka catch up?
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 31, 3:26 AM
CD enthusiast

Jan 2024
The scene where Kakihana threw away the ring was great. For a brief moment, this symbolic act of emotional release made him feel content, but the specter of financial insecurity is so powerful that almost immediately he regretted throwing away an object of such value and threw himself into the water to retrieve it. I hope he'll find happiness somewhere along the line.

0451 said:
During the Dobu scene, they also mentioned something about human nature. I suppose the characters are actually human and it's a stylistic choice for portraying them as animals. And also it's convenient for the plot.

I can't recall if it has been mentioned among them that they're different species, unlike Beastars where it's quite clear. As was stated already in this thread, there also seem to be real-world animals such as dogs, so it very well might be a stylistic choice or some sort of portrayal of what's going on in Odokawa's mind. I hope I find out soon!
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Jun 2021
Kabasawa turned out to be a Dobu admirer, didn't expect Dobu to be so wise with his words either

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Jun 8, 1:29 PM

Nov 2018
Surprisingly, I start to like Dobu. :))))
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5, 2021

199 by victorbeersus »»
Aug 24, 7:01 AM

Poll: » How many episodes of Odd Taxi should someone have to watch before their score counts towards MAL's average score?

fluffycow17 - Feb 12, 2023

21 by AkaiSanji »»
Aug 4, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

396 by Tobimaroo »»
Jul 25, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 26, 2021

173 by LilyRoseGretchen »»
Jul 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 19, 2021

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 11, 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.