Forum Settings
Forums

'Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Hangyaku no Monogatari' Sequel Anime Film 'Walpurgis no Kaiten' Announced

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 2021 5:53 AM

Mar 2017
Omfg why would they do this???? Story's literally ended, every character's development done. They literally try to squeeze every last bit of money
Apr 25, 2021 5:54 AM

Sep 2010
God, it's been forever! I'm so excited! The poster being from Homura's perspective makes me hopeful to how the story's going to play out.
Apr 25, 2021 5:58 AM

Apr 2015
YOOOOO

Am I still in the same universe????? This was the last thing I ever expected to see announced...

HYPE! HYPE!

LETS GO!!!
Apr 25, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2020
Urobuchi revealed on his twitter that he wrote the draft for this movie two years after Rebellion came out.
https://twitter.com/butch_gen/status/1386278371189936129
Apr 25, 2021 6:48 AM

Nov 2008
I found Rebellion's conclusion to be inferior to the original TV anime, so my expectations about this new movie are cautiously pessimistic. More so with the possibility of tying their gacha game's shitty plot into the canon of original story.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 25, 2021 7:01 AM

May 2018
I’m pretty hyped for this. Please don't fuck it up Urobutcher.
Apr 25, 2021 7:11 AM
Sep 2015
I guess a sequel was inevitable. I'm so so excited, I love this anime with all my heart.
Don't let us down Urobuchi-san.
Apr 25, 2021 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
OMFG, its a Madoka sequel! Thefuck? What world are we living in?

Let's go! All aboard the hype train!!
Apr 25, 2021 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Tbh, this doesn't need a sequel. The 3rd film, even the TV series, had a great conclusion. I don't know how they will conclude this franchise.
Apr 25, 2021 7:37 AM

Nov 2019
WHAT THE HELL? I did not expect this at all. I'm not even sure how to feel about this since I'm actually satisfied with Rebellion's ending. Well, I hope they don't screw it up. And I hope they give Homura her happy ending. She deserves it the most.
Apr 25, 2021 7:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
FUCKING HYPED.
Rebellion to me is still one of the best movies ever, certainly the direction was not to every taste, but I rejoiced in how bold it was, not afraid of making the viewer feel uncomfortable and in the end, it was true to the series itself, while I think it already ended "really well", I always dared to hope how a sequel could be because there is a lot of potentials to explore from what Rebellion did.

So this movie could end up being as good, but I won't hope for it tbh, as long as it is already a great watch that doesn't go against what the series is, I will be happy to see more of Homura and Madoka.

My prediction is that the movie will probably air in Spring 2023, 10 years after Rebellion, thus BDs should be out before the end of 2023...

Thought that Eva 4.44 would be the last movie I was looking forward to, now I get this to wait for the long run~~

Hopefully, it is much better than Code Geass sequel was, because that movie was a far cry from the original TV series, then again, after R2, I was fine with that ending, whereas I definitely wanted to see a sequel from Rebellion WAY MORE.

FMmatron said:
This is dope. Still haven't watched Rebellion yet, tho.

DONT WATCH IT, before you rewatch the prequel, Rebellion will have the most impact that way, my recommendation would be to see the prequel movies, they will do a good job doing it, especially the second movie which expanded some scenes, when compared to the TV series.
Apr 25, 2021 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
ClariS
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1619358422
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2021 8:17 AM
Sep 2019
This is great news. What I like about both the anime and Rebellion is that both of their endings feel genuinely conclusive while also leaving room for uncertainty should a continuation be the case; though I hope this is the final, real ending.
Apr 25, 2021 8:19 AM
Aug 2020
I hate Madoka Magica so I most likely won't watch this, but the fans definitely deserve this after Rebellion's ending
Apr 25, 2021 8:20 AM
Sep 2019
That 30 sec teaser gave me a massive amount of angst and anxiety already.
Apr 25, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2013
fucking ew

just stop making this trash already and let it die
Apr 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
Yess baby yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Apr 25, 2021 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Fu**ing finally. Maybe it will make me not regret watching Rebellion (really doubt it will)
Apr 25, 2021 8:39 AM

Jan 2020
SO hype! That key visual looks so cool and I know the movie will be amazing

Apr 25, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
RobertBobert said:
JanPri said:
They must squeeze it and milk it till it's completely dry

I just don't understand what else they can think of for this? The maximum ship's canon and a happy life for everyone? Or "everyone killed each other"? It always seemed to me that Rebellion had already placed all the necessary accents.

OG end was perfect and did not needed any further contet. Fandom could live forever by osmosis, producing some loldoujins (some decent, mostly just lolship) and fanarts.

Maybe some manga spin-offs are worthy additions, like A Different story (the best among them, actually deserved an OVA) and Oriko (very decent). Others, like Kasumi, Tart and Sumire Magica are kinda meh, to be frank...

Movie 3 was VERY unnecessary.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 25, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2016
Man, I even forgot what happened in Rebellion, maybe I'll rewatch it later.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 25, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, interesting.. ;P Wonder, if they'll be able to make movie just as good as Rebellion.. It'll be a hard task, movie was great.. ;P
Apr 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Sep 2020
Why ??? Unnecessary sequel !!! Dammit 😡
Apr 25, 2021 9:42 AM

Apr 2015
i'm not excited at all tbh, cause i already satisifed with Rebellion movie ending. I'm so afraid this sequel will ruin the entire Madoka Magica series.
😭

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 25, 2021 9:43 AM

Aug 2020
I’m already very satisfied with how the story ended in rebellion so far, I truly hope they don’t fuck it up with this..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 25, 2021 9:47 AM
Dec 2017
Like how Neo TWEWY is going to be my most anticipated game of the year, this is going to be my most anticipated anime i've ever had in my entire life! even more so than the anime adaptation of TWEWY since its pretty much half assed but the point being is this!!!

LETS ZETTA FUCKING GO!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2021 9:58 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
massive hype inbound.

God tier SHAFT and Gen back at it again to make more of one of the best magical series ever.

Knew it couldn't have just ended at Rebellion given it was never a conclusive ending so I'm damn well looking forward to this sequel.
Apr 25, 2021 10:07 AM

May 2015
Wow I didn't expect this!!
。 🐑 𝒩𝑒𝑒𝒹𝓈 𝓈🍩𝓂𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 🐑 。
Apr 25, 2021 10:10 AM

Apr 2020
Nice! Even though I haven't seen Rebellion, I'm pretty excited to see a conclusion and more hype for one of my favorite anime of all time. :)

beep boop bop pow
Apr 25, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2018
7 years! After 7 fuckin' years of rumors, misinfo and fake trailers, I seriously hope this time it's for real. Better be worth the wait, dammit.

I'm kinda surprised at the comments saying it's milking or unnecessary sequel tho. We probably watched the different Rebellion movie. Cuz Rebellion was basically a giant setup for Madoka vs Homura imo. It ended with a clearly open ending that screamed "Where's sequel?!"

Well, technically, saying milking is not entirely wrong because Rebellion literally showed a middle finger to TV series' ending just to continue the franchise so it was already milking since that point (and Magia Record). But after how it ended, it'd be weirder IF it doesn't get a sequel.

Anyway, let's just hope this'll end the series for good altho I doubt it. Just wait until it ended with another open ending and season 2 is announced later lol

Apr 25, 2021 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
tsnoozu said:
Nice! Even though I haven't seen Rebellion, I'm pretty excited to see a conclusion and more hype for one of my favorite anime of all time. :)

The only conclusion is in 12 episode TV series. The basically milking the series now since Rebellion. It will be very repetitive soon I am sure of that.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 25, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2018
I'm super hyped and glad to see Urobuchi's script get made after 7 years. It's nice to see Shaft is still doing alright with their projects too.
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
RobertBobert said:

I just don't understand what else they can think of for this? The maximum ship's canon and a happy life for everyone? Or "everyone killed each other"? It always seemed to me that Rebellion had already placed all the necessary accents.

Interesting, to me the end of the 3rd movie gave a lingering feeling of uncertainty - it felt incomplete to me. It never felt like a true ending and thus I always hoped for more. I think happy ending is now more possible than ever. Otherwise they wouldn't continue the story - if they plan to kill characters, they should leave us with "open" ending we have now. It'll be stupid though if Homura backs down and Madoka goes god-mode AGAIN and disappears. Can't wait to see how this gets resolved!

Correct, they changed the ending of Rebellion so that they could continue it; the original ending was conclusive, or at least more conclusive.They only animated the ending of Rebellion you see now, and I don't think they said what the original ending was since they're likely saving that for this installment (assuming this will be the last one of the main story). I'm guessing this will be like Evangelion with it being the true, or final, end to the story, but who knows, they could always go the Code Geass route too.
Apr 25, 2021 10:32 AM

Oct 2018
Okay, but... why? Rebellion's ending is perfect

Why? Why?????????
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 25, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
Personally love the ending of Rebellion, but okay, sure.
Apr 25, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Rebellion ending was good for the franchise.
Why continue it?
Apr 25, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2020
I even liked Rebellion, but honestly, this just feels like milking. Staff is the same, so it might still be good.
Apr 25, 2021 11:00 AM
Dec 2011
So there is still that fake as hell rumor that Shaft forced Urobochi to change the Ending of Rebellion? It was confirmed long ago that the decision of the Ending was made long before Production even began. In short: That rumor is a big pile of Bullshit. Whoever spread this had no Idea.

Secondly, how can anyone say that this is just milking? We were waiting for 8 freaking years to finally get a proper Sequel to one of the biggest Cliffhangars ever. And Rebellions Ending was NOT the Ending of the whole Story, ot screamed Sequel on every corner.
Apr 25, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
Whole staff returns, so it won't be garbage like that spinoff.
Hype is real

Apr 25, 2021 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
SuperWarior2012 said:
I even liked Rebellion, but honestly, this just feels like milking. Staff is the same, so it might still be good.

It totally is milking and so was rebellion, madoka's story was already complete with just the tv series. It's not really a problem though, I will happily watch more madoka if the quality also follows.
If it bothers people that the story is inconclusive just consider that rebellion and this next movie like an alternative version of the work and that issue is also gone.
Apr 25, 2021 11:37 AM
Oct 2016
Probably in the minority here, but I would have preferred a Magia Record S2 official announcement over this.
I think the OG TV series ending is the best, Rebellion was unnecessary but not bad.
Meanwhile the Magia Record anime has a giant cliffhanger ending iirc.
Apr 25, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2018
OMMIGAWD.

I'm so excited for this!!
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Apr 25, 2021 11:48 AM

Mar 2018
I just expected that they were lying about this being made, all these years. That the concept movie was all we were going to get. I'm a huge fan of Rebellion's ending, don't get me wrong, but it was clearly unfinished.

Madoka's been with me for so much of my life, I have a gosh darn tattoo for it, I can't believe this is actually happening. Learning about this got a big cry outta me.
Apr 25, 2021 12:08 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
...ha... ha...........

...i've waited... for 6 zetta years.........
AND @Crow_Black AND I WERE LITERALLY DISCUSSING THIS LAST NIGHT OVER ANIMEMUSICQUIZ LMAOOOOOO

...finally a sequel for something that i actually wanted... but i've gotten disappointed many many times throughout these past years over... really anything... even this season... i just don't feel excited for anything anymore... maybe because everything just lets me down these days.... well let's see if this disappoints or not...

...can't wait for the madoka fanbase to further split apart into two like last time... har har har......

also i love that this is the first youtube comment to pop up in the PV's youtube upload:
Apr 25, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2018
Esvald said:
Probably in the minority here, but I would have preferred a Magia Record S2 official announcement over this.
I think the OG TV series ending is the best, Rebellion was unnecessary but not bad.
Meanwhile the Magia Record anime has a giant cliffhanger ending iirc.

Magia Record Season 2 is already confirmed. So don't think they need to do an announcement for that.
Apr 25, 2021 12:14 PM
Dec 2018
Can anybody see the Music Albums on Spotify or Apple Music? It's already Monday here. Please someone quote me if they find it. Thanks.
Apr 25, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
there are some weird takes in this thread.

i love rebellion and that movie made madoka magica one of my favorite series/franchises.
the ending of the movie heavily hinted towards a sequel so i don't get how making a sequel after at least 8 years counts as milking.

tbf i didn't like magica record but even then: that's one single cour spin-off that came out more than six years after the last installment.
Apr 25, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2021
MEDUKA MEDUKA MEDUKA MEDUKA
Apr 25, 2021 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
So there's no hope for this franchise to finally die and shaft going back to making actual anime? I started watching SZS again recently and realized how I miss that style. Of course big part is how well shaft (Shinbo) and Kumeta matched. Nowadays almost ever anime looks like it could be as well done by A1. With Gainax just dying and shaft dying to cashgrab, there are hardly any studios with distinct style left.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 25, 2021 12:39 PM

Sep 2019
aight time to rewatch this masterpiece
Apr 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2020
waited my whole life for this, literally so emotional, will finally die happy. Don't knock shaft for this GOATED studio, do NOT talk down on them. I've been watching this show since I was eight and the fourth installment Is here, what a full circle moment.

𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐫 - 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 26

15 by red-tomato »»
2 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia the Movie: You're Next' Announces Additional Cast Pair

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, First Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - May 29

3 by Nachtwandler_21 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
10 hours ago

» 'Blue Lock 2nd Season' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast, Main Staff, Fall 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.