Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2021 3:49 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah okay we get it black clover look at how connected everything is. Definitely a bit on the nose, but it's fine. When that first OP starts playing I can't help but be hype.
Mar 30, 2021 3:58 PM
Oct 2020
Cant believe Black Clover is ending today. Glad I watched it
Mar 30, 2021 3:59 PM
May 2020
And thus brings a temporary end to peak fiction
Mar 30, 2021 4:03 PM

Jun 2019
I'm going to miss Black Clover. It was nice seeing Asta's mom and finding out that Asta's devil is pretty much his brother lol.

Guess I should catch up on the manga. I want to know what happens next.
Mar 30, 2021 4:06 PM

Nov 2012
If Licia or whatever her name was siphoned mana, doesn't that make her related to Henry? Are Asta and Henry related?

Surprise at all the hate votes.

Where does this take us in the manga?
Mar 30, 2021 4:10 PM

Oct 2017
Great job! They did a good job animating liebes flashback and the fight.

Hope to see the anime come back soon.
Mar 30, 2021 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
Looks like the haters has come,anyways great episode i hope the movie continues with the original story
Mar 30, 2021 4:42 PM

Mar 2018
when Liebe said mom that was the saddest thing ive heard in a while man..

you already know that this shows gonna come back better than ever especially with whats going on rn in the manga i cant wait till this gets the recognition it deserves
Mar 30, 2021 5:09 PM
Jan 2013
I've really grown to love this anime and quite a few of the characters in it as well so it's a little bittersweet. I found it such an easy anime to watch, and it has given me a lot of laughs throughout as well, most of those might be from Yami though!

The episode was enjoyable. It answered some questions that most people have probably been wondering for a while now and I'm pretty happy with the explanations. I don't think much more could have been done with this episode.

I'm excited to see what will come from the end to this story in the future!
Mar 30, 2021 5:38 PM

Jan 2017
Black Clover was a rewarding experience for almost 4 years supporting and it was worth it, from the beginning they threw shit at him and even some idiots do it but time gave them the reason to be a shonene rgan, with a good evolution of characters, great musical atmosphere And an animation that greatly improved something rare in Pierrot, however this first part is, it left me very happy and eager to see part 2.
"El propio deseo de mantener la paz creo las guerras"Madara Uchiha.

Mar 30, 2021 7:09 PM

Oct 2019
I was expecting more of Asta's mom story I'm actually disappointed!

Why would she leave her child just like that? Are you afraid you suck away his mana... I mean you figured out Liebe doesn't have magic so why not Asta? You are afraid you can't take care of him so how can strangers do that for you? You left him all alone early in the morning, so what If a crazy person comes nearby take him away and kill him. What if a dog or another animal attack him, what if the people in the church don't take care of him properly, what if he lives a miserable life, what if what if what if.
People were telling me that her reason was justified because she didn't know for sure when Asta's magic is going develop and she might kill him anytime. I mean when people abandon their children and walk away with the intention not to be seen or known as the child’s parent then they just don’t want anything to do with the child anymore. Asta’s mom did the same thing, she didn’t want to kill him but also, she didn’t want to be his parent anymore. She can’t just come back later and claim she is his mom, even though they look so similar that is still not good enough. The child might end up dead or might be taken somewhere else, you just don’t know what is going to happen and you can’t just hope things will work just fine.
I don't understand how can someone abandon her/his newborn just like that you miserable dejected pathetic lowlife being.

_AbAdA_Mar 30, 2021 7:42 PM
Mar 30, 2021 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
What a great ending for BC. We finally learned more about Astas devil with the name Liebe and the cruel experience he had to make as a kid. Like Asta he was never able to use magic and therefor also not being able to defend himself against demons or later on humans.

As fate willed and in a very bad condition he got found by Astas mom Richita who raised him as her own child. Like Henry she also has the problem draining the magic of everyone arround her, so even if it was a hard decision for her it makes sense why she had to part ways with Asta.

I feel so bad for Liebe. He finally found someone who accepted him as what he was and from one moment to another all of it get taken away from him.

Richitas: "Live, Liebe..." and Liebes: "Mom!" + the OST made this scene even more sad. NGL I had tears in my eyes ;_;
This explains also how Liebe got into the grimoire. Just his hate towards the devils was able to create anti magic which is absolute crazy.

The actual fight between him and Asta really felt like one between 2 brothers. The animation was amazing and I loved how they included so many familiar characters from the past and everything else what Asta learned on his way. They couldn't have made it any better.
The devil befriending ritual was the only way which felt right. Asta is the last one who wants someone to serve him so it makes sense for him wanting to be friends with Liebe. Did anyone notice Nachts reaction when he said: "You chose was right" ? It felt like he also was relieved about the outcome.

Liebe finally found a new friend which makes me really happy for him. I hope someday he will tell Asta about their mother and why Asta was never able met her. Probs to Okamoto Nobuhiko. He did an awesome job.

I still can't believe BC is over for now after more than 3 years. Like many others I'm also someone who watched it since the very beginning and for that I also know how difficult BC's way was. I'm sure Astas screaming in the first couple episodes caused a lot of bad reputation and therefor people to drop it immediately after without giving it a fair chance. Often times there was also a lack of quality in animation but with more and more episodes it got better and better to the point where I couldn't believe how good it became.

I guess most people can agree that BC has an crazy amount of beautiful OP's, ED's and OST's.
And over the time the characters really grew on me so I'm obviously sad not being able to see more of them for some time. Not sure what the movie will be about but hopefully somewhat soon we get an confirmation for a second season.

Thanks for all the amazing moments and such an amazing journey :)

PS: For everyone who was wondering about Liebe as a name. It's german and means Love.
Natsu88Mar 30, 2021 7:56 PM

Mar 30, 2021 8:09 PM
Mar 2015
The sons of Licita are ready to go to war against the devils
Mar 30, 2021 10:19 PM
Apr 2018
What a lovely ending!

Now we can deduce why Asta has no magic.

Imagine that I couldn't stand Asta screaming in the first episodes ... I will really miss Black Clover.

I'm sad that now I have to wait for a new season, but happy to have seen it so far. =)

So long watching this anime, going to be weird not having a new episode to watch.

Que final daora!

Achei legal que deu pra deduzir o motivo do Asta não ter magia.

E pensar que eu não aguentava o Asta gritando nos primeiros episódios... eu realmente vou sentir falta de Black Clover.

Triste que agora tenho que aguardar uma nova season, porém feliz de ter assistido até aqui. =)

Tanto tempo acompanhando, vai ser estranho não ter um episódio novo para assitir.
Mar 30, 2021 10:21 PM

Jul 2020
I thought it was a decent finale for Black Clover, ending a pretty good 4-year run. Even though I won't miss the show that much I think the show deserves the attention it accumulated through the years.

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 30, 2021 10:32 PM

Sep 2013
I've read it in manga but still teared up at liebe's backstory getting animated
When he finally found someone who accept him as he is, that someone is getting killed
And thus he spent the rest of his time cursing and loathing the demon who killed her mother figure

Anyway haruka mirai starts playing, there you have it folks, that's what you want right?
Overall 8/10 for the series, it started bad and getting good as the series going
Excited for the movie or 2nd season!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Mar 30, 2021 10:34 PM

Jan 2021
Ahh. The show finally ends. What a rollercoaster it was! No matter what everyone says we are gonna miss Asta and his dumb quirks haha.

Asta and his mom. Gosh so touching. Even in the anime world, we can't seem to have two pure souls existing at the same time. I'm glad we got to know about Asta's mom. Like mother like son, heart-warming to watch them.

Liebe, a good devil. His hatred is sure at its peak. Now that he has got a way to vent out his animosity towards Lucifero and the other devils, I'm very much excited to see how that will play out.

What a finale. It even had a small but effective and colourful recap. Amazing fight scene. This and the episode with Yami are one of the best episodes of this arc.

I feel like instead of missing Black Clover I'm more eager about the next season. When will it air? I hope they don't delay it too long.

We have the movie to look forward to!
Mar 30, 2021 10:43 PM
Apr 2020
i love Black Clover im so grateful to all the people who work on it, its a shame that it has to go. i hope its not for long. im going to miss it.
Mar 30, 2021 10:46 PM

Aug 2019
Been watching BC for a year or so and now i feel sad that it's finished. But i can re watch it which is good.
Anyways this episode showed us more with Liebe and Asta's mum backstory and Liebe has his first friend. Cannot wait for the movie truly a amazing episode.
Mar 30, 2021 10:47 PM

Sep 2020
great final episode idk why so many people put hated it.
Mar 31, 2021 12:00 AM
Oct 2017
spaesu said:
really cool final episode, liked how they wrapped this up with revealing all the stuff and its really amazing how far we've come and how much stuff we learnt about this whole world since the beginning. can't wait to see where this story will take us next, now that asta's friends with the devil and all he's bound to get a lot stronger. hope they make the continuation soon, would be nice if it was a high quality movie or seasonal anime. wonder how this arc will end, definitely gonna be something to look forward to. anyways, while flawed, was still quite an enjoyable anime, overall i'd say a 4/10.

oh no... h-he has the power of- of friendship!!1!1!11
that's not the usual power of friendship trope tho... He didn't do asspull power up in that fight, he actually learned from the magic swordsmen he fought in the past and actually trained. Giving it a 4/10 is harsh
Mar 31, 2021 2:09 AM
Jun 2017
THANKS BLACK CLOVER for a wonderful adaptation of the said manga series... i will miss this series so much
Mar 31, 2021 2:29 AM
May 2008
_AbAdA_ said:

Why would she leave her child just like that? Are you afraid you suck away his mana... I mean you figured out Liebe doesn't have magic so why not Asta? You are afraid you can't take care of him so how can strangers do that for you? You left him all alone early in the morning, so what If a crazy person comes nearby take him away and kill him. What if a dog or another animal attack him, what if the people in the church don't take care of him properly, what if he lives a miserable life, what if what if what if.
People were telling me that her reason was justified because she didn't know for sure when Asta's magic is going develop and she might kill him anytime. I mean when people abandon their children and walk away with the intention not to be seen or known as the child’s parent then they just don’t want anything to do with the child anymore. Asta’s mom did the same thing, she didn’t want to kill him but also, she didn’t want to be his parent anymore. She can’t just come back later and claim she is his mom, even though they look so similar that is still not good enough. The child might end up dead or might be taken somewhere else, you just don’t know what is going to happen and you can’t just hope things will work just fine.
I don't understand how can someone abandon her/his newborn just like that you miserable dejected pathetic lowlife being.

The thing is you can't really see how bad situation Asta's mother was in.

- She cannot ask any help, because the moment she does she kills any person who she approaches. So the safest bet was to leave Asta at the door of a Church. She could learn / find out/ know that church is realiable, since as you saw there were a lot of orphans there. So it's safe to assume that churches were an okay place for kids to grow up.

- She doesn't know that Asta will have no magic. Babys don't really have magic when they are new born. The moment Asta would've developed his magic she would have killed her own son. So she didn't realy want to risk to kill her own child, she took a more safe approach and abandoned him.

And yeah he could have had a miserable life etc etc etc but he would be alive. With her this is not guaranteed.

Also I'm certain once she realised that Asta didn't had any magic so it's safe to approach him the first thing would have been to find him and approach Asta. But she died before she could find this out.
Mar 31, 2021 2:34 AM
Apr 2014
Good episode, overall BC had a slow start, builds up to good run with a handful of notable fights. I genuinely hope it would return as seasonal show or with better schedule and budget, someday.

See ya peeps on the manga and movie discussion :)

Mar 31, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2019
UTMAN said:
_AbAdA_ said:

- She cannot ask any help, because the moment she does she kills any person who she approaches. So the safest bet was to leave Asta at the door of a Church. She could learn / find out/ know that church is realiable, since as you saw there were a lot of orphans there. So it's safe to assume that churches were an okay place for kids to grow up.

- She doesn't know that Asta will have no magic. Babys don't really have magic when they are new born. The moment Asta would've developed his magic she would have killed her own son. So she didn't realy want to risk to kill her own child, she took a more safe approach and abandoned him.

And yeah he could have had a miserable life etc etc etc but he would be alive. With her this is not guaranteed.

Also I'm certain once she realised that Asta didn't had any magic so it's safe to approach him the first thing would have been to find him and approach Asta. But she died before she could find this out.
I'm totally with you mate and almost all people I argued with before have said similar things. I just want to make my point clear this time, why has Richita Asta’s mom completely abandon her son? Why has she left without leaving any trace? Why couldn’t she at least leave a message explaining the situation to the church and telling them that his mom is still there just hoping she can reunite with him in the future. It is not like it is impossible, I mean it turned out that Asta didn’t have any magic, it is not like it was unexpected, we actually learned not too long ago that many peasant around the kingdom can be born with no or just little magic. We saw how hundreds of them were trying to escape to the Spade Kingdome. She even encountered a devil with no magic, where devils were supposed to have a strong magic according to the story. Henry has almost given up as well before, but then things worked out for him, he even made some glass barrier in the hideout in order to get close to his friends. I totally understand that abandoning him to protect him is something but leaving him behind with no trace is something else. So why has Richita who is Asta’s mom completely given up on her son when there was hope in a world where hope can be made with magic?
_AbAdA_Apr 10, 2021 8:03 AM
Mar 31, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2018
very cool episode for finish this show. Hope it will return with seasonial show like MHA or SnK.
I wonder what will be in the film
Mar 31, 2021 3:05 AM
May 2008
_AbAdA_ said:
UTMAN said:

I'm totally with you mate and almost all people I argued with before have said similar things. I just want to make my point clear this time, why has Richita Asta’s mom completely abandon her son? Why has she left without leaving any trace? Why couldn’t she at least leave a message explaining the situation to the church and telling them that his mom is still there just hoping she can reunite with him in the future. It is not like it is impossible, I mean it turned out that Asta didn’t have any magic, it is not like it was unexpected, we actually learned not too long ago that many peasant around the kingdom can be born with no or just little magic. We saw how hundreds of them were trying to escape to the Spade Kingdome. She even encountered a devil with no magic, where devils were supposed to have the a strong magic according to the story. Henry has almost given up as well before, but then things worked out for him, he even made some glass barrier in the hideout in order to get close to his friends. I totally understand that abandoning him to protect him is something but leaving him behind with no trace is something else. So why has Richita who is Asta’s mom completely given up on her son when there was hope in a world where hope can be made with magic?

It's really easy. Imagine this: You leave trace. Asta grows up, develops magic, and wants to track down his Mother. Then they meet, and she kills him. And reuniting with him seems impossible. If you remember having no magic like Asta is unheard of. There has been no example for someone who has literally 0 mana. Asta at this moment the only example for this phenomenon. And the peasants you speak of had very little amount of magic, but they still had. Heck even the snake had magic in it and just by approaching her it died.

And she can't really do with the "hope can be made with magic" thing cause she devours that magic.

So she had 2 options:

- Abandon him, and cut all ties so Asta can be safe from her.
- Keep him, and after he starts to develope magic he will die. Cause she cannot take care of him anymore.

It's really tough choice. She went with the safest route for her child. She didn't really had a good and a bad choice. It was 2 pretty bad choice.

What I don't understand is how she got pregnant. I mean to have an intercouse you need another person. So who was Asta's father? How did he managed to make Lichita pregnant without dying instantly. :D
Mar 31, 2021 3:44 AM

Oct 2019
UTMAN said:
_AbAdA_ said:
I'm totally with you mate and almost all people I argued with before have said similar things. I just want to make my point clear this time, why has Richita Asta’s mom completely abandon her son? Why has she left without leaving any trace? Why couldn’t she at least leave a message explaining the situation to the church and telling them that his mom is still there just hoping she can reunite with him in the future. It is not like it is impossible, I mean it turned out that Asta didn’t have any magic, it is not like it was unexpected, we actually learned not too long ago that many peasant around the kingdom can be born with no or just little magic. We saw how hundreds of them were trying to escape to the Spade Kingdome. She even encountered a devil with no magic, where devils were supposed to have the a strong magic according to the story. Henry has almost given up as well before, but then things worked out for him, he even made some glass barrier in the hideout in order to get close to his friends. I totally understand that abandoning him to protect him is something but leaving him behind with no trace is something else. So why has Richita who is Asta’s mom completely given up on her son when there was hope in a world where hope can be made with magic?

It's really easy. Imagine this: You leave trace. Asta grows up, develops magic, and wants to track down his Mother. Then they meet, and she kills him. And reuniting with him seems impossible. If you remember having no magic like Asta is unheard of. There has been no example for someone who has literally 0 mana. Asta at this moment the only example for this phenomenon. And the peasants you speak of had very little amount of magic, but they still had. Heck even the snake had magic in it and just by approaching her it died.

And she can't really do with the "hope can be made with magic" thing cause she devours that magic.

So she had 2 options:

- Keep him, and after he starts to develope magic he will die. Cause she cannot take care of him anymore.

It's really tough choice. She went with the safest route for her child. She didn't really had a good and a bad choice. It was 2 pretty bad choice.

What I don't understand is how she got pregnant. I mean to have an intercouse you need another person. So who was Asta's father? How did he managed to make Lichita pregnant without dying instantly. :D
Then how about I give you a third one, why hasn't she talked to someone who is stronger than her in order to figure something like a magic knight or something. I know that she might be looked down to because she is a peasnat but she should find a good knight to talk to if she doesn't give up. It is not that she is so overpowered and she kills everyone even those who are much stronger than her. She couldn't even suck the mana of a devil and kill him when he literally said he cannot use his full power, and she was easily killed. The best she did was just chase him away. The more I think about it the more options I make, even if I run out of options I will just make some up coz why not it is a world of magic :D
As of the father as I said those who are stronger than her might be affected as much, just think of that devil for example.
Mar 31, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, what an amazing finale to the anime!! This finale episode took me on a roller coaster ride of emotion. The solid conclusion made it even harder to say goodbye for me. Black Clover’s finale created a bridge from the first episode to its last in the most heartwarming way. Everything was perfectly done!! Words can’t describe how grateful I am to the BC staff. It’s gonna be a while before we hear anything about the anime so let’s look forward to the movie!!
Mar 31, 2021 5:09 AM

Jan 2018
_AbAdA_ said:
UTMAN said:

So she had 2 options:

Then how about I give you a third one, why hasn't she talked to someone who is stronger than her in order to figure something like a magic knight or something. I know that she might be looked down to because she is a peasnat but she should find a good knight to talk to if she doesn't give up. It is not that she is so overpowered and she kills everyone even those who are much stronger than her. She couldn't even suck the mana of a devil and kill him when he literally said he cannot use his full power, and she was easily killed. The best she did was just chase him away. The more I think about it the more options I make, even if I run out of options I will just make some up coz why not it is a world of magic :D
As of the father as I said those who are stronger than her might be affected as much, just think of that devil for example.

Dude chill out, not even in the manga clarifies why she need to abandoned asta all that we know is she's the mother and she's the one who dropped asta at the church. Her magic are probably just one of the key factors why she have to abandon Asta but the overall reasoning is yet to be told. All we can do is form theories and such but don't go around saying she is a bad or horrible mother when we don't know the whole context.
Mar 31, 2021 5:17 AM
Jun 2020
_AbAdA_ said:
UTMAN said:

So she had 2 options:

We don’t really know how overpowered she is. Remember, it was a devil, a high ranking devil in fact, as Liebe has said. Even Magic Knight Captain Yami struggled to beat Dante, and he only used 80% of the Devil’s Power. Yami even thought Dante must’ve had unlimited mana, as he didn’t seem to run out. So, we don’t know for sure if she got closer to a high ranking Magic Knight, they would survive. Besides, she can’t just go to Clover Kingdom to meet and talk with a Magic Knight, without expecting to encounter Citizens in the Clover Kingdom.

In regards to leaving Asta, it’s pretty self explanatory why, it’s cuz of her magic. Sure, I do agree that she may have atleast sent some kind of letter to the church regarding the situation, but I don’t think it would help that much. Even if Licita wishes to reunite with Asta, she can’t be really sure if it’ll be safe until she gets near him. Even Asta and the people at the Church doesn’t know the reason why Asta has no magic or does he even have mana to begin with. How would they know that Asta would be immune to Licita’s magic. Besides, we don’t know, maybe Licita has been looking, or watching Asta from a distance, and they just didn’t show it. We can’t judge her character that much until we get a full backstory on her. Asta still doesn’t know who and what kind of mom he had, so I’m sure it’ll be explored again later on. She also died pretty early, so she wouldn’t be able to see and reunite with Asta again.
JAstaRothApr 1, 2021 6:10 PM
Mar 31, 2021 7:22 AM
May 2020

Relating to this episode: I think this was a great season finale and ended off with a bang. I can’t wait to see what the movie has in store for us in the future. I caught up to this anime mid November-December and decided to read the manga and caught up on that as well, while waiting weekly episodes every Tuesday morning... Some Tuesday’s won’t be the same as before 😭😭

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeMay 2, 2021 12:37 PM
Mar 31, 2021 7:55 AM
Dec 2018
Was a good episode, a roundabout summary of asta's development and past.
Mar 31, 2021 9:59 AM
May 2019
Lichita and Liebe's flashback was beautiful to watch, emotional. After that, the fight between two magic-less was well animated. I feel the studio put a lot of effort on this last episode (actually on this whole arc).

I started to watch Black Clover not long ago, I catched the semanals at ep 140 or so. I don't regret it, even if by the beginning I was watching only with "hate strength" (it's a Brazilian expression, it means that, when you're doing something hard to accomplish, you hate the inherent difficulty, but it's this difficulty that makes you do it again).

I wish the show was more consistent. The end was consistently good, but I can't rate 170 episodes based on the last 40s.

Mar 31, 2021 10:04 AM

Mar 2021
hopefully the film can surpass all eps of bc huh'
Mar 31, 2021 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, i never thought I would add Black Clover to my completed list! Feels unreal xD well, but its far from completed! This next arc is gonna be fire i can guarantee it, i can feel this next movie being a true hit.

Overall, as a manga reader, im quite satisfied with this, except for the fillers but i can let that slide tbh. I think my favorite arc so far was this last one, it tops everything. Shounen anime that repeats the same formula, and yet, its something that Fairy Tail wasn't able to do for example, wich was stand on its own, and Black Clover did in fact stand its own ground,it got WAY better with time and turned out to be something just tremendously enjoyable to watch each week.

8/10 lets get on to the movie!
WaterLordMar 31, 2021 7:07 PM
Mar 31, 2021 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
That hurt so much... I can't believe it's the end! But I'm glad to know that we'll have a movie and hopefully, we'll get a new season in the future when there's more source material.

This felt like a fantastic place to end the story rn. Although there is still a lot of stuff unfinished and questions unanswered we got to see something very satisfying before the end; Asta coming face to face with the devil who has been beside him through this whole journey. It was kinda emotional to learn that Liebe is technically Asta's adoptive brother and that his mum never wanted to give him up but had no choice.

The battle between the two didn't just feel like Asta VS Liebe but Asta versus a version of himself that could've existed if he hadn't been the strong, determined and positive person that he is and let the things that people have said and done to him over his lifetime twist him in to something hateful and angry.
Mar 31, 2021 1:33 PM

Aug 2020
So great ending i kidda almost cry lmao... And wait for another 2 weeks for episode 171 i can't wait for it

Mar 31, 2021 4:39 PM

Sep 2013
Good night sweet prince, I await the movie and continuation.
Mar 31, 2021 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
Wow. What an amazing episode, one of the best so far. It was nice to learn about Licita and Liebe. Their backstory was sweet and sad 😥

This was an epic finale for Black Clover. Sad that it ended. Hopefully it'll come back soon. Can't wait for the movie.
Mar 31, 2021 10:05 PM
Aug 2017
Man that was beautiful!!!! When Asta was fighting Liebe he looked alot like Yami, and when the first original OP started playing T-T damn.
So basically they are brothers huh interesting.

Damn bro its been years since Black clover started airiinf and it finally ended, I watched it on the first day and fell in love with it, never missed a single ep since then, it really helped me thru High School til I graduated 2-3 years ago 😭, Hopefully we get a continuation of the series in the near future this year, also cant wait for the movie.
Black clover had a rough ride when it started but Im so glad its built a solid fan base
Apr 1, 2021 2:45 AM
Jun 2019
Brothers are gonna fight sometimes 😢. This episode was fantastic on of my favourite BC episodes. The animation in the fight was so clean and the backstory was heartwarming. I'm really sad to see black clover end because it had been so good for a while now. Hopefully when it returns it keeps up with this level of story and it's all up from here on out. :)
Apr 1, 2021 2:56 AM
Apr 2020
When this anime started, who would have imagined that it would end with such an episode. This anime went from okayish to excellent with time, and the watch was extremely rewarding imo.

I really liked how they showed the silhouettes of past characters while Asta was fighting; the last one being Yami was quite touching.

As always, Asta breaks the traditions and does a devil-befriending ritual instead of devil-binding, and I laughed a lot at that one, it was perfectly on point with Asta's nature.

At one point I thought that it would be resolved with talk no jutsu, because the devil obviously would be more powerful (for example, if he attacks himself and also with 3 swords simultaneously, how could Asta defend himself with three limbs?). Instead they showed Asta getting the upper hand but then later explained that Liebe actually wasn't giving it his all, since he's not a bad person (devil? lmao).

All in all, it was an amazing journey. I wonder when will it return after the movie. Hopefully within a couple of years or earlier, and most probably as a seasonal.
Apr 1, 2021 3:35 AM
Nov 2020
Asta's mom (Licita) is kinda cute. She seems very trusting though, especially how she easily accepted Liebe and did stuff like taking a bath with him just because she was lonely. I guess we now know where Asta gets his happy-go-lucky personality from.

What's been going on with Zora and Magna this whole time? Zora was nowhere to be found during this arc, and Magna just rage-quit after begging to train in the Heart Kingdom then failing hard.

The narrator at the end is pretty much saying that Asta will become the Wizard King. I wonder when that will happen with the pace that the story is going at so far lol.
Apr 1, 2021 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
Gonna miss watching this. Was pretty eh on it at the beginning and didn't think that would change, but it just kept growing on me. Now I guess I'll finally start the manga sometime soon.
Apr 2, 2021 4:21 AM

Mar 2010
RIP Gordon.

Forgotten in the final montage...

Forgotten in the comments...

>.<
Apr 2, 2021 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
You know, I never regretted starting black clover. I hated Pierrot before, but seeing how hard they worked on BC (these past arcs) felt nice.

They couldn't have had a better "final" episode to set up for the movie which I think was the announcement they were talking about 2 months ago. No rushing the plot or skipping stuff.

Asta's fight was amazing and the fact that they put Haruka Mirai/Black Clover's first opening on the background was just perfect. This brings back memories. Amazing backstory for Liebe as well as for Asta's mother (seems like I was right). That moment was sad, but the she died (after throwing Lucifero away) was amazing. Now we know where Asta got his stubborness from. Can't wait for the movie, hoping I won't get spoiled from the manga readers.

Black Clover was a delight to watch. There were some bad moments in terms of animation but the past few arcs were amazing. Also that Liebe+Asta handshake was great. I'm happy that he realized Asta is Lichita's son.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 2, 2021 5:22 PM
Jan 2021
Loved all of it. Animation was so clean. Gonna miss waking up every Tuesday with black clover on my mind
Apr 2, 2021 6:45 PM
Jan 2019
Alex_TheForest said:
You know, I never regretted starting black clover. I hated Pierrot before, but seeing how hard they worked on BC (these past arcs) felt nice.

They couldn't have had a better "final" episode to set up for the movie which I think was the announcement they were talking about 2 months ago. No rushing the plot or skipping stuff.

Asta's fight was amazing and the fact that they put Haruka Mirai/Black Clover's first opening on the background was just perfect. This brings back memories. Amazing backstory for Liebe as well as for Asta's mother (seems like I was right). That moment was sad, but the she died (after throwing Lucifero away) was amazing. Now we know where Asta got his stubborness from. Can't wait for the movie, hoping I won't get spoiled from the manga readers.

Black Clover was a delight to watch. There were some bad moments in terms of animation but the past few arcs were amazing. Also that Liebe+Asta handshake was great. I'm happy that he realized Asta is Lichita's son.

Just for your information :
Yoshihara-san the producer had to scout talents from the internet - some of them first timers or other studios that Yoshihara has connection to - to produce Black Clover cause Pierrot animators are busy with Boruto

Pierrot doesn't deserve the recognition.
Apr 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Apr 2009
This spade arc is so much overhyped,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thought about Black Clover

OmBerry12_Bleach - Yesterday

3 by KayKimii »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2020

57 by Farabeuf »»
Sep 23, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

77 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

40 by Phjsh »»
Sep 11, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

247 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 10, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.