Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Apr 24, 2019 8:24 PM

Jul 2016
Oh no, looks like that filler arc they warned me about is happening after all.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. The Garou arc has been really good so far.
Apr 24, 2019 8:24 PM

Oct 2017
Garou is a badass and a real damn monster. Loved the episode and I still get that epic feeling I had from the fights in season one. I have the show at a 8/10 right now. It probably won't go higher because the animation isn't the same, but cmon it isn't THAT bad. In fact, its pretty good in some spots imo.
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Apr 24, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2017
I just finished 3 episodes of Season 2 yesterday. It wasn't that bad. It's still hilarious. I'm watching this anime for the plot and not the animation itself.
Apr 24, 2019 8:45 PM
Nov 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:

You mean the tournament arc? that's not filler, it's not in the webcomic but it's in the manga and it expands the story. The tournament arc is actually pretty good, I don't know why some people didn't like it but I did.
Apr 24, 2019 8:53 PM
Mar 2017
Without a doubt, Garo is growing his name by annihilating any hero who crosses his path.
Mumen raider received a strong beating, Garo crushed his head on the floor and Tank top master also received hard against the wall, Garo returned all the beating he received from the muscular man.
Charanko at the end received the beating that Silver Fang tried to avoid.
Saitama and his circle of acquaintances has grown, King and Fubuki hanging out in Saitama's apartment was fun to watch.

Saitama's visit to the hospital gave me a good time laughing, to Saitama sometimes there are things that simply he does not care about anything.
After listening to Garo's fighting style, Saitama is interested in martial arts and Charanko offers him entrance to a martial arts tournament he was going to participate in and now Saitama is tempted to participate in the tournament.

In the end Garo found the wrong person, Saitama appears and Garo thinks that the bald man was looking for a fight, but when he attacks him, he only awoke the wrath of Saitama and Garo is knocked out with a single blow of Saitama (like always)

Undoubtedly the best moment of the episode was to see Saitama with a wig, he looks very funny and Genos after seeing Saitama wearing a wig, makes the preparations for a hair transplant.
The next episode promises action, as Metal Bat will appear and if he meets Garo, I'm sure they'll have an intense fight.
I still try to enjoy the anime, but there are characters that lost impact, example of that was Silver Fang, which was disappointing to see him in the scenes he had in this episode, the same with Garo, I feel he lost details that made him look less intimidating, but only in some moments of the episode.
salbery755Apr 24, 2019 9:02 PM
Apr 24, 2019 9:32 PM
Mar 2018
Enjoyed this episode more than the previous two. The animation was even better and you can see it by the fight scene against Garou vs. Tank-top Master. Poor Mumen Rider always getting smacked with every encounter but he's got guts.
Apr 24, 2019 10:17 PM

Dec 2014
hehehe love that look from Garou after his chop attack against Cape Baldy did not work.

One Chop Man. XD

waiting for the next face off of the 2.

can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 24, 2019 11:53 PM

Mar 2014
guess no golden week holidays for jc staff's animators
Apr 25, 2019 12:20 AM
May 2016
That very ending was hilarious!! I replayed it like 5 times to watch Garo's "Oh NO" face. ROFL. And I couldn't stop thinking about it all day and I kept on giggling to myself. So priceless!! The entire buildup for that 10 seconds at the end. Ahahahahhaahaa
Apr 25, 2019 1:26 AM
Oct 2015
RIP to mah boi mumen. I got excited by his first frame and wanted to cry when he was getting destroyed like he normally does. I loved how we seen more of Saitamas more goofy side. Forgetting charanko's name, the bananas, the wig and that mf chop.

👏 DON'T👏 MESS👏 WITH👏SAITAMA'S👏 SHOPPING👏 👏 👏

I have the manga's but haven't read them. This seems like it will be another Sonic situation where because Garou faced some sort of challenge, he's gonna try and hunt Saitama down to properly face him.

Definitely better than ep 1 and 2. Excited to see the return of Metal Bat
Apr 25, 2019 3:41 AM
Jun 2016
I'm not that thrilled about this season being more shounen and less comedy/parody than the first one, but the banana scenes made this episode worth it
Apr 25, 2019 3:41 AM
Aug 2018
Anime getting better. Even anime's point says so. The series gained almost 0,20 point with only one episode.
I don't know Tank Top vs. but you have to admit, Golden Ball vs. was really good.
SerhaTR0483-2Apr 25, 2019 4:17 AM
Apr 25, 2019 5:10 AM

Apr 2018
SerhaTR0483-2 said:
I don't know Tank Top vs. but you have to admit, Golden Ball vs. was really good.
TankTop vs was much better...

Apr 25, 2019 5:34 AM
Jun 2017
I loved the meeting between Garou and Saitama. Garou's face upon realizing that he bit more than he can chew is priceless. The fights were okay but a bit rushed compared to the Manga. Hope they improve that in the future episodes because the fights are the USP of this arc.
Apr 25, 2019 7:54 AM

Jul 2016
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
Some people are not informed and they blindly hate on JC Staff

AwesomeAlfie27 said:
So please, before blindly hating, at least take the time to inform yourselves, and then form your own opinion

Wut?

The one who should need to be informed is YOU. J.C Staff's production schedule has been sh*t in the past 3 years (Just like Madhouse except even worse), due to the fact they worked on too many shows that they overworked themselves. In fact, J.C Staff's art/animation quality has been bad in past 3 years and I barely seen any shows of them from 2017-2019 have any good quality (Aside of movies and OVAs for obvious reason).

This is why some of us hates J.C Staff for handling OPM2 (And other shows), yes the animations in this episode was decent but I still won't give too much hope on this due to the reason I mentioned above. Next time if you wants to calls those "haters" is stupid, please do your research properly so you will know what's people actually hating on the studio.

Although it's true that some people refers OPM2 garbage just because of bad animations was quite stupid in some way.
Apr 25, 2019 8:01 AM

Nov 2015
For a guy dead set on killing heroes, he sure hasn't been doing a great job considering no one has died. Or maybe I've misunderstood his intentions. I'm slowly starting to like the season! The Saitama and Garou encounter had me cracking up.
Apr 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Sep 2016
3 episodes have passed and JC seemed to somehow keep up the work.
But there’s 9 more episodes to go, I’m still quite worried.
Apr 25, 2019 9:15 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
BookBird said:
For a guy dead set on killing heroes, he sure hasn't been doing a great job considering no one has died. Or maybe I've misunderstood his intentions. I'm slowly starting to like the season! The Saitama and Garou encounter had me cracking up.
He's not planning on killing, he's just hunting them down. He simply wants to test if he's stronger than the heroes or not.
Apr 25, 2019 10:19 AM

Jun 2017
I'm really enjoying the season so far. <3
Apr 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Oct 2018
Garou surely is getting stronger at every fight. His flowing water style martial arts looks deadly to the heroes. Can't wait for the tournament arc.

Bang saying "Onii-chan" is the adorable moment of this episode xD

Surprisingly, the fight animation got better this episode. Hope it goes consistent or even better from here on.
Apr 25, 2019 12:11 PM

Nov 2017
You know, there probably wouldn't have been a 2nd season at all...if JC hadn't stepped in. At first I thought it was going to be Bones...wow.

JC isn't a studio I would normally pick. The show is gritty...but it's flying through events at such a breakneck pace and leaving all build up out of the show. The best thing about the Madhouse edition was everything had build up.

Now here we are with flash images of animation and this is the best Japan could do...for one of the most popular manga/anime franchises of the last ten years.

Now that I've watched eps 2 and 3, it's obvious that the story is really cool, but strangely the anime is making me want to go to the manga to get the real deal. So many shortcuts in every sequence. I get the point but it's like they're burning through this as an obligation rather than a labor of love, which is how S1 felt.

The story is great either way, so I kind of don't care how it's represented...but Japan is weird. This was a HUGE hit in the west. Why didn't S2, which everyone was anticipating, get more credit in the industry? Low DVD/blu sales? WTF Japan? How do you not know quality when you see it?

Weird cultural flex.

The final choppa' was great but...no build up. They're just going through the motions in this show for some of the most epic events. I need to pick up the manga now past S1 because I need the whole pie.
Apr 25, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2017
LMFAOOOOOO i did not expect saitama and Garou to meet like that
I'm cracking up!!! they did the cliffhanger here perfectly, i really want to see the next episode:D
Apr 25, 2019 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
I was surprised with how well Midorikawa, Hikaru voice is for Garou. I always though I wanted Garou to be voiced by someone who plays evil roles more.

Anyways, It seems J.C Staff is focusing more on Garou fights than other fights. Still, they are doing good, but only in Garou. Everything else is just okay.

Also Tank Top VA is the same as the current Kenshiro (Ken's Rage, Jump Stars), so it really fits when Tank Top reminded me of Kenshiro XD

I do love the OST and all. As usual Saitama ended the fight too quickly XD

Can't wait for the next one!
SomaHeirApr 25, 2019 3:22 PM
Apr 25, 2019 5:58 PM
Jun 2017
Love this one. Monster garo sure is a hero hunter as he takes down some heroes but not Saitama. Hahaha
Apr 25, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
Fuck me. This episode was incredible. Loved the Garou and Saitama interaction at the end.
Apr 25, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
wait!? is that the chop spoiler that i have been hearing from everyone!?

Apr 25, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait to see Garou's reaction next episode~ HYPE HYPE HYPE.
Apr 26, 2019 12:06 AM

Nov 2010
After this ep I think the season is back on track, I'm lot less worried now. Also love how much Garou there is, and seemingly in next ep as well :d
Apr 26, 2019 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
It feels so rushed honestly
Apr 26, 2019 1:42 AM

Jul 2016
SomaHeir said:
I always though I wanted Garou to be voiced by someone who plays evil roles more.

I always imagined Garou to be voiced by Okamoto Nobuhiko (Accelerator and Bakugou) every time I reads the manga lol. Although I still don't like the VA choice they went but at least Midorikawa did a good job on Garou and gets his character right (So far).
Apr 26, 2019 4:32 AM
Nov 2016
When Garou attacked Saitama you could see that Garou started sweating backwards, was this an animation error? the sweat is supposed to fall down but in Garou's case it was going up.
Apr 26, 2019 4:40 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao that ending, saitama's fucking badass lol.
Apr 26, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. Animation aside, I think it was funny and the events that transpired were fun to watch. This was the best episode so far. As blatant as the animation style and differences can be I am choosing to ignore it for now and just enjoy it. Dororo and Tate no Yuusha have their ups and downs with animation with the latter being lackluster but I focus on the story and events more.

I like seeing Garou get caught off guard at times, he's not an OP villain/monster. Even Golden Ball surprised and grazed him.

My favorite parts were towards the end when Genos caught Saitama trying out the wig and Garou sitting on the bench with the kid discussing heroes and monsters.
臭い-
Apr 26, 2019 9:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
xZabuzax said:
When Garou attacked Saitama you could see that Garou started sweating backwards, was this an animation error? the sweat is supposed to fall down but in Garou's case it was going up.
That's how it was in the manga.
Apr 26, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2015
Onii-chan~

Also Garou you fuck stay away from my man Mumen Rider. He's such an angel he deserves nothing but love and praise!!
Apr 26, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2017
I do not understand people crying about how the second season is weak or studios.

Anyway, this episode was righteous. We saw some fights and a funny ending with Saitama.
Apr 26, 2019 12:49 PM

Dec 2016
Wow there was actually a section with really good animation... nice
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2018
Aw man, this was certainly better than the first two episodes but the action scenes are still terrible. Sure they have nice bits but as a whole they suck. Seriously people will stay shit like "just watch it for the plot, characters and comedy" but this is an anime and most aspects of this one are trash. The sound is so distracting, every sound effect is the same in actions scenes, punches that land sound the same as the walls and ground breaking come on dude. Only enjoyable because the comedy made me laugh a few times

This episode made me love OPM again so I'm going to start reading the manga. Literally every episode is going to have multiple action scenes. The plot, characters and comedy all revolve around ACTION and they suck in this one. I would love the shit out of this season if it had better producution. Respect everyone at JC Staff that worked hard to at least make something decent but I'm out. The anime industry needs to evolve

Season 3 Bones pls? Skip BNHA for a year no problem
EsquirtitApr 26, 2019 2:28 PM
poop
Apr 26, 2019 2:41 PM
May 2017
I am sorry but they sure did rush a lot in just 3 episodes and the animation is horrible i am sorry but the chosen animators suck!!!
Apr 26, 2019 8:29 PM
Aug 2017
People complain too much FP
Apr 26, 2019 9:21 PM
May 2017
kater_tot said:

omfg that sucks! I neeeed to see them fight each other for reals!

Yeah, it stinks for now... but it'll be worth the wait. And just to let you know: this episode was the last low stakes episode of this season. Yeah, you heard me right, Episode 1-3 are very low stakes compared to what's coming.
Apr 26, 2019 10:02 PM
May 2017
qwertyMrJINX said:

Nah, it's not filler, the author ONE wrote it, not the manga artist. Anyway, most of the stuff happening won't be the tournament.... but much, much bigger things.
Apr 26, 2019 10:22 PM
May 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Well, we get to see Garou encounter Saitama, and then get wrecked in mere seconds XD
Time for the birth of Saitama's Charanko

Also, three episodes in and my pacing guess still holds true.
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Episode 01 - Punch 38-40 - 128 pages
Episode 02 - Punch 41-45 - 146 pages
Episode 03 - Punch 46-51 - 116 pages
Episode 04 - Punch 52-58 - 140 pages
Episode 05 - Punch 59-62 - 110 pages
Episode 06 - Punch 63-66 - 131 pages
Episode 07 - Punch 67-69 - 119 pages
Episode 08 - Punch 70-72 - 167 pages
Episode 09 - Punch 73-75 - 133 pages
Episode 10 - Punch 76-79 - 140 pages
Episode 11 - Punch 80-83 - 198 pages
Episode 12 - Punch 84-85 - 187 pages

Not a bad outline, personally I misjudged and thought Blizzard's apartment talk would be Episode 3, and end with Saitama and Genos. But no way they're cramming 390 pages into 2 episodes at the end. Even Episode 2, which was almost 150 pages, had to cut Garou's brief flashback. Anyway, 84 is a far superior conclusion than 85.

Apr 26, 2019 11:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
NoneNone said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Well, we get to see Garou encounter Saitama, and then get wrecked in mere seconds XD
Time for the birth of Saitama's Charanko

Also, three episodes in and my pacing guess still holds true.

Not a bad outline, personally I misjudged and thought Blizzard's apartment talk would be Episode 3, and end with Saitama and Genos. But no way they're cramming 390 pages into 2 episodes at the end. Even Episode 2, which was almost 150 pages, had to cut Garou's brief flashback. Anyway, 84 is a far superior conclusion than 85.

Idk, the last couple of chapters barely have any dialogue. I don't see them adapting anything less without dragging it out. Like, Punch 84 is 140 pages long, yet it's content feels short enough to only take 12-15 mins.
Apr 27, 2019 1:00 AM

Apr 2018
I mean.. I'm not a manga reader and I thought the animation isn't that bad. I actually like how this is going so far. I'm still hype for this anime!
Apr 27, 2019 10:30 AM

Mar 2017
NoneNone said:
kater_tot said:

omfg that sucks! I neeeed to see them fight each other for reals!

Yeah, it stinks for now... but it'll be worth the wait. And just to let you know: this episode was the last low stakes episode of this season. Yeah, you heard me right, Episode 1-3 are very low stakes compared to what's coming.

OMFG yesss! I'm excited for whats coming next
Apr 27, 2019 11:06 AM
Oct 2017
What i learned from this discussion "you can't change a hater mind" let them hate &
Enjoy by what you love
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I just want to say this

Little Disclaimer: Nothing here is my opinion, these are facts

Some people are not informed and they blindly hate on JC Staff and say this season sucks because it's not like Season 1
This tells me 3 things
1.So the only thing you want is god like animation, ok , i'm sorry that JC Staff is only decent, they must die for this
2.OPM did NOT sell that well in Japan, they had normal, average, sales, and MadHouse cared a lot for the Japan market, so they sold the rights to JC Staff, this season's existance is a miracle
3.As much as i love Madhouse, it wasn't thanks to them that Season 1 looked that good, The Director brought a lot of freelancers, who are not hired by any studio, in order to deliver the final product, so the quality would have been the same even with freaking Madhouse

Yes, OPM was a huuuuge phenomenon in the West, but the Japanese Animation Market is still a pretty closed one, and only in the last 2 years it has slightly opened, as shown by the NetFlix collaborations and the WorldWide releases of Anime Films(Like The Broly movie, which aired in more than 40 countries)

JC Staff did not go for "easy money" with this show, they instead took a big risk because they wasted a lot of resources for something that, in Japan, is not as big as we think it is; JC Staff did this because they hope it will sell better than Season 1(Therefore people in Japan can already buy the Blu-Rays) and they hope that the "Anime effect" that we've been having here in the West for the past 2 years and a half can pay off in some ways

So please, before blindly hating, at least take the time to inform yourselves, and then form your own opinion
Apr 27, 2019 11:20 AM
May 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Idk, the last couple of chapters barely have any dialogue. I don't see them adapting anything less without dragging it out. Like, Punch 84 is 140 pages long, yet it's content feels short enough to only take 12-15 mins.

Again, just my fallible opinion, could be 100% wrong, I don't think they'd drag out the action, for Episode 11, there's Garou talking with Tareo, Gatling talking with Garou, Garou's interal monologue, Genos talking about Saitama, the monsters talking to Garou. Then for Episode 12 there's Garou's whole internal monologue and backstory, the well as Phoenix Man talking to Garou about the world's strongest heroes, then the HA talking about King and Blast.

I think my main problem with Chapter 85 actually isn't that it's that bad for Season 2's ending... but that it's necessary for Season 3's premiere to regroup the whole cast. Just having Garou, Blizzard, and Saitama as the start of Season 3 really doesn't show the rest of the main cast: Bang, Genos, King, and Tornado (sorta less prominent, but still, 1st major female character).
Apr 27, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2017
Entertaining episode. I decided to stop worrying about the relatively low animation quality (which I only noticed bc Mob Psycho S2 was so epic) and just enjoy the story.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

391 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 9, 10:36 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 3, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.