Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 2019 7:33 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think that was probably one of my favorite episodes in the series, it went above and beyond the manga in some parts as far as making me feel the emotions
the song fit so well
this has my favorite ending to any arc so far, sort of somber but also a satisfying conclusion
and I totally DIDN'T bawl my eyes out :3
Reverie Arc starts next week!
Mar 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Apr 2014
They did a phenomenal job with this episode. Whole Cake Island Arc took a long time that is for sure. 95 episodes it was done. I gotta say I really had a lot of enjoyment with this episode.
Mar 23, 2019 8:05 PM
Mar 2019
Finally Big Mom arc just ended. This episode quite get me emotional with them remembering Pedro death, with Pudding erase Sanji memories during their last met and parted, and with Katakuri and Brulee remembering their past childhood. But Im glad that they made it to escape from Big Mom territory. Im happy for them that they could eat Sanji's food again.
Mar 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Wow godamn this episode though.
Has to be one of my favorites so far with the outstanding OST and the character development almost for everyone actually even including Katakuri & Brulee's childhood (Brulee looks better during chilhood than she is now LOL OK MOVING ON)

The fucking Pudding cutting off memories from Sanji just made me cry my balls out. This was a really satisfying way to end the arc and I remind myself why this anime will be my all time favorite and this episode explains why. Whoever directed this episode in this direction all props & credit to you ma dood. For those who said One Piece is slow & drag in each every episode yea yea yea shut the fuck up quality over rushed episodes.

The other scene that fucking got me was when how Sanji was thinking about Pedro's death of how like he was there to save Sanji and it layed a burden on him so Sanji & Carrot had one bonding scene got HIT in the feels.
Mar 23, 2019 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
Toei Animation nailed this episode. Simply fantastic.

Overall, Whole Cake had a lot of flaws and slow pacing, but these well directed musical scenes and the gorgeous sakuga fest for the Katakuri fight made it worth it. Honorable mentions to Germa 66 Sentai theme, Underworld brokers intro, and Oven getting some extra love.

Can't wait for Wano.
Mar 23, 2019 8:22 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Carrot and Pudding ;_;

This was honestly a masterpiece of an episode. The manga was already great, but this was on another level, especially the choice of music.

The Brulee Katakuri moment was too precious and Katakuris smirk, tho xD

Big Moms entrance was also well done and terrifying.

Lastly, the Sanji and Jeff parallel. What a perfect way to celebrate the return of the cook and to conclude this arc.

Easy 5/5 episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2019 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
Sanji and Pudding must become a true couple by the time they found the one piece!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 23, 2019 8:25 PM
Mar 2018
Yay! Sanji is finally reunited with the Straw Hats! Big Mom arc just finally ended. Can't wait to see the rest of the crew again. <3
Mar 23, 2019 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
BLaCkGuN69 said:
Sanji and Pudding must become a true couple by the time they found the one piece!!

Nah.

Sanji is meant for Viola and nobody else
Mar 23, 2019 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
wow
As a manga reader, I didn't expect this episode to be that good
Toei made it better than the manga. That's surprising.
Mar 23, 2019 8:51 PM
Apr 2017
Finally whole cake is over.One of the best arc of the series.
Mar 23, 2019 8:53 PM

Sep 2016
Finally, this arc ended, and with a decent episode. And with this, I can finally drop the anime for a long time and focus only on the manga.

Also, this scene was so heartbreaking, I wish that in the end Pudding-chan finds happiness and love

EvocationWizardMar 23, 2019 9:01 PM
Mar 23, 2019 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
Well thats a wrap! Thus finally ends whole cake island. They closed it out with an "opera" literally lol. Such a great amazing episode. But when you look back at the arc as a whole, this one is probably best read in the manga aside from the musicals which i think the studio did an amazing job at.

I didn't realize how dragged out this arc really was but 96 freaken episodes??? Holy SHIT!! That is damn near almost as large as dressrosa but yet that arc was 100+ chapters in the manga. This arc was only 78 chapters. Yet the anime some how ended up being longer then the manga arc. That is crazy. This type of ratio almost never happens. It is usually the anime has less episodes then the manga obviously.

So like for dressrosa for example, you can expect about 80-90 episodes to adapt a 100 chapter manga for a pretty fluent pacing but for WCI it really should have be something like 60+ episodes in the anime, but yet it was 96! you see what im getting at. That arc was stretched to the absolute max. No wonder people complained about the pacing so much.

In any case, they are taking a 3/in half month break before wano starts so thats a good thing.

Mar 23, 2019 9:32 PM

Jun 2016
Amazing episode,man if I wasn't on the internet 24/7 I would have never read the manga starting at the next episode (chapter 903) because Anime will always be superior to me because I don't care about animation quality.

Anyway good to see these scenes animated especially Katakuri's flashback with his deary lil sister.

Thank you Kanpeki Katakuri you're the best.
Mar 23, 2019 9:41 PM

Sep 2015
holy shit this was probably my favourite episode of the arc
Mar 24, 2019 12:14 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode!
Mar 24, 2019 12:25 AM
Jan 2019
What is the name of the opera singer?
Mar 24, 2019 12:43 AM

Apr 2017
DonDask said:
Finally, this arc ended, and with a decent episode. And with this, I can finally drop the anime for a long time and focus only on the manga.

Also, this scene was so heartbreaking, I wish that in the end Pudding-chan finds happiness and love

i wish too, maybe after found One Piece/All Blue Sanji will end up with Pudding
Mar 24, 2019 12:46 AM

Jul 2007
For those of you who want to know. Wano is like the true Japan of one piece arc. Its an arc that is comprised of historical japanese periods with inspiration and historical references with a more culturally japan themed arc and even different forms of japanese mythology. It is absolutly one of the best arcs that oda has ever crafted. It is clear he has been waiting so long to write bout it.

Can't wait till July, but at least the 4 months gives the studio ample time so when wano does start, they can do it justice.
ArtimesGamerMar 24, 2019 12:56 AM

Mar 24, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2017
new bounties revealed

so excited!!! I can imagine the non-reader fans jumping from joy

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 24, 2019 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
I am going to introduce a Legend that has been lying dormant in the One piece world. This will become the straw hats Greatest Enemy, Marinford War will look cute compared to THAT!! - Eiichiro Oda

LETS GOOOOO!!!! I am SO READY!!!

Mar 24, 2019 2:10 AM

Oct 2015
Definitely one of the best episodes recently. That Sanji and Pudding scene was amazing here, and Big Mom coming back was also epic. The music was also pretty fitting this entire arc, but especially this episode.

So we are done with this arc. Reverie is coming up. Before that we are going to an amazingly hype episode next week. I want to see that chapter getting animated!
Mar 24, 2019 2:30 AM

Mar 2018
This episode is one of the many reasons why One Piece is a 10/10 series no matter what. Easily the best episode this week.
Mar 24, 2019 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
They actually nailed it this week. Really loved how they adapted Katakuri and Brulle's relationship in that flashabck and the grand finish of this arc showing the Sanji and Jeff parallel was on point too.
Mar 24, 2019 3:44 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow..the soul pocus song was so pot on... really am worried about the germa 66 and sun pirates too... who would be the fifth emperor
Mar 24, 2019 4:22 AM

Feb 2013
It would have been awesome if Sanji cried at that scene with Carrot, but omg this episode was full of feelings.
I feel sorry for Pudding because she erased that memory, dunno if Sanji would have left if he remembered it but I also feel bad for Katakuri, he blamed himself for Brulee's injury, it's good he has someone he can relax with.
OMG, Mom had to appear before Jinbe had a chance to escape.
Mar 24, 2019 4:27 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Episodes like this one make me glad that I still follow the anime despite already knowing what is going to happen from reading the manga. This episode was incredible in pretty much every single aspect. It may even be better for me than the Snakeman vs Katakuri episode.
Mar 24, 2019 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
Vindicater said:
BLaCkGuN69 said:

Nah.

As long as he is happily maried with a cute and STACKED girl in the end, i will be happy too!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 24, 2019 4:55 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum so luffy's gonna become the fifth emperor of the sea?!?!
Mar 24, 2019 5:58 AM
Oct 2016
This was a phenomenal episode. I love the musical parts, just like i did with all the other ones this arc. Toei really outdid themselves this episode.
Mar 24, 2019 6:39 AM

May 2017
So wich parts of Sanjis memory did Pudding actually cut out?
Mar 24, 2019 6:43 AM

Oct 2017
Fantastic and emotional episode! <3333

I cannot wait for next week's! Luffy's new bounty ikou ze~
Mar 24, 2019 6:51 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
One of the best episodes in a long time.

Would rather the preview title didn't spoil next episode but it's going to be fire!
Mar 24, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2012
DonDask said:

You're not gonna watch

Mar 24, 2019 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Vindicater said:
BLaCkGuN69 said:

Nah.

Doffy is meant to Viola, Oda already said they had a "passionate" relationship.
Mar 24, 2019 8:20 AM
Apr 2018
I Really Hope they make a good filler episode before it goes on to the reverie...
I don’t want them to ruin the next few arcs, I really would gladly accept some nice filler episodes( maybe 3-4 episodes)
Mar 24, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Ahh yes!! Once again, One Piece delievers one superb episode and a fantastic ending to the Whole Cake Island Arc. Finally, we're moving on with the story into even more interesting territory.

Fuck yeah the next episode is gonna be lit! Great to see a change of atmosphere once in a while, many of the other characters will be returning to see "THOSE" wtf news. I mean, the next episode's title says it all ^-^
Mar 24, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
link9us said:
For those of you who want to know. Wano is like the true Japan of one piece arc. Its an arc that is comprised of historical japanese periods with inspiration and historical references with a more culturally japan themed arc and even different forms of japanese mythology. It is absolutly one of the best arcs that oda has ever crafted. It is clear he has been waiting so long to write bout it.

Can't wait till July, but at least the 4 months gives the studio ample time so when wano does start, they can do it justice.

What, why July? Reverie is going to take max 3-4 episodes IMHO.
Mar 24, 2019 9:38 AM

May 2016
Highlights in this episode

Germa and Fishman standing against Big mom without fear
Pouding memories and she took Sanji's first kiss and erased his memories wtf I know its for his own good tho.
Katakuri's smile at the end
damn almost forgot about Pedoro. RIP
the meal scene at east blue and sunny.
Crocodile at the next episode smirk.

One thing that caught my eye in the preview narrator said 5th emperor sailing is it confirmed yet?

Mar 24, 2019 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
Really good episode. Seems like Katakuri did lose on purpose, haha, he was happy that Luffy and the others got away. Some stuff on Katakuri's past, that was sweet. Really good episode.
Mar 24, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2016
SuperRed said:
DonDask said:

You're not gonna watch

Nah, I think that I'm going for that one (Or watch that part on Youtube)
Mar 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
God damn the tears flowed heavy this episode.
Mar 24, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
It only took me 5 years and I've finally caught up with One Piece!
The adventure was well worth the time. Looking forward to the weekly episodes
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 24, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
Damn Toei really did a great job with that episode !
Finally we are out of Big Mom's territory
Mar 24, 2019 2:08 PM

Apr 2011
Finally Done with the Whole Cake Island Arc. Felt like forever. 2nd longest arc for One Piece Solid episode to end the arc on. Keen for Wano Arc.
Mar 24, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2018
That's the end of the arc huh? we've came a long way.
Mar 24, 2019 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
Damn what a long ride. I didn't expect that arc to be this long, but at least we came to an end and Luffy escaped out of Big Moms territory.

Was sad to see Carrot crying like this. Pedro meant so much for her. And even if I didn't liked Pudding in the start it was also sad to see her like that. So she deleted the memory of the kiss between her and Sanji.

Jimbei and the sun pirates as well as Germa66 also try to get away from Big Mom. I wonder if they can manage to do it. After all what happened Big Mom should be pretty pissed.

I think everyone of the straw hats is happy to have Sanji back and cooking for them. That's so long ago.

It was nice and interesting to see something of Katakuris past. So that's the reason Brulee got the scarf in her face. Katakuri smiled when he heard Luffy made it out of their territory. He's definitely the best villain so far. I hope we will see him again in the future.

What was that preview? I don't read the manga, but Luffy isn't really the 5th yonko right? :o

Mar 24, 2019 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
Thousand Sunny is escaping, Carrot told Sanji about Pedro's death. Pudding is crying in an alley while she remembers that she took Sanji's memories out when they kissed. Brulee went to Mirroworld to heal Katakuri while he remembers when some bandals attacked her. Judge and Jinbe's groups are preparing their withdraw, but Big Mom is about to arrive. Thousand Sunny finally gets out of Totto Land.

That was really poetic, telling us what is going on with the characters that are still fighting, is like seeing your own death. Epic, I just hope Jinbe could get away alive and meet Luffy.
Mar 24, 2019 5:41 PM

Aug 2014
The backstory was so sad :'( a very good episode indeed
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 25, 2019 1:35 AM

Jun 2015
Seeing Carrot cry made me cry instantly.

It was a great episode full of emotions and sentiments. And at some point that arc turned into an opera. It will be great if they adapt it into opera for real. Big Mom needs better songs tho.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think Boney's ass is a contender for best ass in One Piece? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Jun 22

58 by Mr_Malice »»
1 hour ago

» Toei suck big time!

Reckless_weeb - Jun 25

25 by Mr_Malice »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

63 by Kawaiisensai »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 330 Discussion

VK11 - Nov 13, 2007

49 by GT1Studios »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 329 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Nov 7, 2007

41 by GT1Studios »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.