Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 5:58 PM

Dec 2021
Zoro's time for the spotlight this arc is finally here at last.

Holy fuck man, would've expected them to keep that same obsession with zooming in on the green blood on S-Hawk this episode, but thankfully not and we get straight into the action and Zoro just over here using Kaku as a juggling ball.. lol. Though it was about damn time we get back to Nami and Brook's POV and see how they've been doing so far. And the hypest moment of the episode ofc, Lucci and Luffy fighting together as well as Kaku and Zoro, they was some badasses ngl. Nice to see Gear 4 again as well.

And ofc, we got not only Shank's but his crew this time's yearly screentime. This time being with the aboustle dumbass that is Kidd thinking that he can stand a chance against not Shank's crew, but Shank himself could probably defeat Kidd's entire crew himself if he wanted lol. As well as we finally get to see a bit of Elbaf at long last. You can tell the Elbaf citizens love Shanks. Can't say the same about his crew, but they certainly love Shanks, like LOVE HIM.

Oh Kidd.... you naive fool. I don't think you know who your getting into a fight with.

Jun 22, 5:59 PM

Sep 2015
Shanks vs kid?> gawdamn efwerf
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 22, 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
Challenging Shanks after barely pulling off a 2vs1 ring out against Big Mom is crazy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 7:03 PM

Apr 2022
cinema piece moment, one of the best animated sequences in the whole series. s-hawk has no business having that much sauce, toei went off with him as usual bru. luffy with lucci and zoro with kaku team-up is something unprecedented, and gear 4 is back jeez. all the groups on different levels are all locking in against the seraphims. shanks and his crew chilling on elbaf, whole squad is pulling to greet the kidd pirates. kidd talked a big game, he has to step up and lock in next or else it's over for bro lmao.

ryzxgumJun 22, 7:24 PM
Jun 22, 7:23 PM
Oct 2021
It's always nice to see friends from previous episodes, specially if they are from Elbaf
Jun 22, 7:24 PM

Aug 2021
although only a small sequence, that s-hawk and zoro initial fight was absolutely ridiculous

one of the coolest moments in the entire series about to be animated next week

Jun 22, 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Lots of great scenes in this episode, namely that great first action sequence with S-Hawk, possibly one of the best in the series!
Also love the Shanks and Kidd setup, as well as Dorry and Broggy finally reappearing on the shores of Elbaph
Jun 22, 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
I wasn't expecting to see Shanks! I'm excited to see next week and hoping it doesn't get stretched over multiple episodes.

I hope they continue with this type of format. This is what's happening with the SH's and here's the rest of the world.
dragynfaerieJun 22, 7:58 PM
Jun 22, 8:09 PM
Jan 2024
Animation was fire !! can't wait for shanks and kid fight
Jun 22, 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
Ok why did they go so hard with that S-Hawk action sequence good lord. That was some great stuff.

Kid is really trying to run it back with the Red-Haired Pirates. Not a smart idea to challenge someone like Shanks when you barely squeaked out a 2v1 against arguably the weakest Emperor last arc lol, but we'll see. This is a moment I've been wanting to see animated since that chapter dropped.

Huuuuge manga spoiler 👇
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 22, 8:15 PM

Feb 2020
✋ One Peak 🤚

Jun 22, 8:23 PM

Dec 2013
The animation when fighting S Hawk looked so damn good. I loved Kaku's panicked expression when he got tossed around during the fight.

I'm hyped for some Shanks action. Hopefully Kidd at least puts up a fight this time.
Jun 22, 9:50 PM
Jun 2022
Crazy Animation!! W Vincent chansard 😍🤩👍🔥
Jun 22, 9:58 PM
Aug 2020
the first part was really good

can't wait to see the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 22, 9:58 PM

Mar 2020
THAT S-HAWK SAKUGA!! 🤯💚🔥🔥

So good I'm gonna c*m. 😂
But it was really amazing. 🥺🔥🔥🔥

Always thankful for the staffs, even if it's a weekly show they made this for us. 💚
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 22, 10:09 PM

Jan 2017
"Now that I get a better look at you, You're actually more human than him" -Zoro

What on Earth did Zoro experience during his training with Mihawk!?

This episode was amazing, well deserved break!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 22, 10:15 PM
Oct 2021
ngl egghead arc is so boring but i love one piece so whatevs
Jun 22, 10:41 PM

Jul 2007
Vincent Chansard, being an american animator, man his contribution to TOIE is just amazing. Absolutly legendary unique style that has brought forth a new quality of animation to this awesome series.

Jun 22, 10:54 PM

Aug 2015
finally a good episode compared to some of the last ones, even though still overdragged some scenes a lot, and it also showcased important stuff the manga did not show such as elbaf's snowy mountanous landscape, as well as more things about the red hair pirates
Jun 22, 10:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Good god Toei went hard on the animation for episode 1109! xD This must be the result of that one-week break. The camera angles were spectacular when it was focusing entirely on S-Hawk's wild onslaught using the Dice Dice fruit powers. I just love the dynamic camera motion.

Feels good to see Luffy & Lucci plus Zoro & Kaku teaming up together in fighting these OP Seraphims, yeah! It just hits different.

During the start of the 2nd half of the episode while showing the landscape of Elbaph, there's this one particular OST that I think I haven't heard in One Piece in a very long time. I thought they've completely forgotten to use that OST (idk its title tho) but man it feels nostalgic to listen to that OST again. Classic One Piece!

I think there's gonna be plenty of anime-only watchers who would love to see not just the Red Hair Pirates....but also our beloved giants from One Piece since Little Garden and Water 7! I haven't heard Dorry's and Broggy's voices in One Piece since 2 decades, I think! Happy to see the giants again now on their homeland. My god the introduction of each member of the Red Hair Pirates, wow. This goes hard, bro. xD

Kidd vs. Shanks? Yeah! Here we go! :)) Haha, here we go, and I can't stop grinning whenever I'm thinking about their battle because.....yeah, lol.
Jun 22, 11:14 PM
Sep 2022
FMmatron said:
Challenging Shanks after barely pulling off a 2vs1 ring out against Big Mom is crazy.

Very crazy indeed
Jun 23, 12:37 AM

Aug 2019
Shaka leaving the decision to Luffy on whether to release CPO was an unwise choice, but not as unwise as Kid taking on Shanks

Jun 23, 12:40 AM

Mar 2015
We see the strongest quartet able to fight back against their Seraphim enemies in the first half, then an update on an impending huge fight between two very strong red-haired captains on the horizon!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 23, 12:45 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to ArtimesGamer
Vincent Chansard, being an american animator, man his contribution to TOIE is just amazing. Absolutly legendary unique style that has brought forth a new quality of animation to this awesome series.
@ArtimesGamer Vincent is French though ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 1:01 AM
Oct 2023
I feel like we could’ve seen way more from S-Hawk this episode...

It’s kind of a shame that we mostly see S-Hawk using Mr. 1’s abilities. It honestly looked like it was going easy on Zoro and Kaku, and if the Yoru was used, the fight would be pretty one sided. Maybe we would’ve seen an all out battle between S-Hawk and Zoro.
Jun 23, 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
WTFF that was some Mob Psyco levels of animation. Actual art.

Kid must be tripping if he thinks he can take on Shanks.
Jun 23, 1:32 AM

Jan 2021
Kid is a dumbass is he decides to fight shanks again after losing his arm and so glad to see the 2 giants from Elbaf this is awesome and the fight was so sick the impact frames were so clean it’s great to see and revisit old characters and their abilities
Jun 23, 1:45 AM
Jan 2020
Luffy and Zoro are teaming up with CP0, which is so unexpected, the fight is so epic and clean especially S Haw vs Zoro. Luffy uses Gear 4 Bounce Man and Lucci uses his awaken form Six King Gun against S-Bear. Zoro uses his signature Purgatory Onigiri plus Kaku's Tempest Kick White Thunder against S-Hawk sending them both flying. Shanks makes an appearance in Elbaph and is gonna be up against Kid, I can't wait for Shanks to finally fight seriously.
Jun 23, 1:46 AM
Nov 2021
ELBAPH FINALLY REVEALED
Jun 23, 1:56 AM
Jun 2022
Finally a Good Episode!
Best Animation!! 😍👍
Jun 23, 1:59 AM

Oct 2023
Some more amazingly animated fights this episode.

I wonder if Oda is letting some stuff happen off-screen on purpose in the manga so the anime can adapt some original scenes.

Like for example the fight between Luffy and Lucci. In the manga most of the fight happened off-screen and we pretty much just saw the tail end of it, while the anime adapted it from beginning to end.

Then the fight against the Seraphim today. It wasn't that drawn out in the manga but rather just a few short panels.

Manga Spoilers ahead:
Jun 23, 2:19 AM

Sep 2020
You see, this is exactly why the manga is superior to the anime. Overdragging these two major fights is going to spoil the shock factor so Toei better stop playing around. Otherwise, solid episode. I didn't like that Zoro and Luffy had to team up with useless and irrelevant but I understand bcz they have urgent stuff to get to.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jun 23, 3:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode was soooo gas for S-Hawk. And somehow, Mihawk is supposed to be less human?
Jun 23, 3:43 AM
Feb 2020
I am a bit confused on how they are adapting the Manga right now. This episode has scenes from 1075-1077 but there are szenes unadapted from 1076.
Jun 23, 3:49 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to ShironoOrpheus
I am a bit confused on how they are adapting the Manga right now. This episode has scenes from 1075-1077 but there are szenes unadapted from 1076.
@ShironoOrpheus this episode adapted most of 1076, the rest of it has already been adapted in the previous episode
Jun 23, 4:27 AM
Jun 2022
For the First Time in History of ONE PIECE....For the First Time in 25+ Years!!
We will see One of The FOUR EMPERORS - Red Hair SHANKS in PROPER ACTION!!!!💀🔥

This Will be ABSOULUTLY INSANEEE!🙌
Internet is gonna BREAK Again!☠️

also
R.I.P KID btw...as his CREW doesn't stand a Chance against them ..But still its only my Prediction as an ANIME ONLY
we will Witness PEAK in Episode 1111

Jun 23, 5:34 AM
May 2023
Gotta say - It was a pleasant surprise how clean the animation was throughout the episode, but specifically during the S-Hawk vs Zoro sequence. Vincent just excels at expressing a character’s body language, and facial expressions. Those seemingly minor additions, take a lot of work, and add an extra layer of depth to the characters.

Another thing I was pleasantly surprised about was the extra detail in the environment of Elbaf, and of course the dope introduction of Shanks’ top-tier officers.

Lastly - I am curious on if we are going to even get the Shanks vs Kidd sequence in the next episode, or if it’s going to actually be shown in Episode 1111 instead. (If there’s not going to be another recap-style episode for 1111.)
Jun 23, 6:32 AM

Aug 2014
RoGkhenwaY said:
For the First Time in History of ONE PIECE....For the First Time in 25+ Years!!
We will see One of The FOUR EMPERORS - Red Hair SHANKS in PROPER ACTION!!!!💀🔥

This Will be ABSOULUTLY INSANEEE!🙌
Internet is gonna BREAK Again!☠️

also
R.I.P KID btw...as his CREW doesn't stand a Chance against them ..But still its only my Prediction as an ANIME ONLY
we will Witness PEAK in Episode 1111

Could you repeat the images again? I couldn't see them the first time since they took 5 screens worth of space.
Jun 23, 7:21 AM

May 2023
kidd really wants to die what is wrong with that mf 😭🙏
Jun 23, 7:32 AM

Feb 2021
Kids vs Shank? It's gonna be an awesome battle!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 23, 7:34 AM

Jan 2016
Wait, did Luffy just access Gear 4 with bone balloon?! What is going on?!

I trust Lucci to go after Luffy first, but I'm guessing he'll fight Zoro instead as not worth Luffy's time. Maybe Zoro versus CP-0 entirely? Sanji should get Borselino and Luffy should get Saturn.

I'll rate this 3/5, the animation was great and enjoy Jinbei being the normal one. I want them to call her Hancock or for him to see Bonney or something, we have already seen they have humanity. My main issues were mainly the bone balloon and Kidd being an absolute idiot. Not sure how I feel about Elbath exact mirroring Luffy x Shanks, how often does Shanks do this with kids? Luckily, only once did he invest his arm into the kids emotions.

Oh, we finally got to see all of Shanks main crew names, also confirmed he only "protects" (claims) territory, and does not actually take dues like normal pirates, gangs, celestial dragons.

Jun 23, 8:17 AM
Jun 2023
I am so grateful that the animators took a break and produce this episode. S hawk vs Zoro and the others was one of my favourite fights in egghead so far
Jun 23, 9:02 AM
Jul 2013
I never thought I would see the Mugiwaras and CP0 fight together. 🤯

-Zoro and Kaku vs S-Hawk.
-Luffy and Lucci vs S-Bear.

And on other topics, Kid's very altered reality at this time, what?

-Fly high Kid. 🕊 🕊
Jun 23, 10:31 AM

Aug 2015
Next episode should be one for the ages.
Jun 23, 11:19 AM
Jan 2021
Zoro mentions how he’s seen the Dice-Dice powers from Daz Bones and since Zoro is unwilling to let Lucci and Kaku help out, he and Luffy are stuck protecting the two of them and that results in this AMAZING fight sequence between him and S-Hawk. It’s so fast and flowing with Kaku freaking out since he’s defenseless. Kaku insists they release the cuffs, but Zoro still says no. Then Shaku asks about their original objective and their intentions with Stussy. Lucci makes it clear they intend to eliminate all the Vegapunks and may Stussy pay for her betrayal.

S-Shark attacks Nami’s group and Edison tries to figure out what to do. He comes up with the only logical solution he can, GETTING THE F*** OUT OF THERE. Everyone else is dealing with their own attack as well.

Luffy asks Shaka for the keys to the cuffs and he asks Luffy to protect Stella at all costs. Luffy assures that Lucci and Kaku aren’t gonna attack his crew or the other Vegapunks by provoking him, and it works. It just shows Luffy’s badassery via his verbal communication skills. S-Bear releases Ursa and now the fight has truly begun. Luffy goes Fourth Gear Bounce-Man. Now that four are launching their counter attack. Zoro and Kaku do a Purgatory Oni Giri and Tempest Kick! White Thunder! combination against S-Hawk while Luffy and Lucci do a Gum Gum Kong Gun and Six King Pistol combination against S-Bear.

On some island in the New World, we see a kid insistent on joining the Red-Haired Pirates, just like Luffy was 12 years ago, but then some guy comes in and lets them know that they’re being attacked. It’s implied that the enemy attacking is Kid and that Beckman is responsible for cutting Kid’s left arm. I thought he lost it to Kaido when they first met honestly. Shanks mentions that he doesn’t want to turn this island into a battlefield, so he’s gonna lure the enemy off of it obviously. The narrator confirms this is the island of Elbaph.

Shanks asks Dorry and Brogy to help them out. We then get an official introduction to the names of the Red-Haired Pirates. Ben Beckman, Yasopp, Lucky Roux, Hongo, Building Snake, Howling Gabu, Lime Juice, Monster and Bonk Punch (Monster is the name of a monkey). Shanks wants someone to check with Kid on something. Does he want to fight or leave the Road Ponegliffs behind and go away.

At the sea near the island, Kid and his crew are approaching the island. Killer reflects on how during their initial encounter, they didn’t even get a glimpse of Shanks and still got beaten to a pulp. Kid really thinks he has a chance against the one who inspired the Fifth Emperor to become a pirate.

I’m looking forward to this…
Jun 23, 2:29 PM

Jun 2023
The way the camera, with all that flashy animation and all, kept zooming into a cuffed panicking Kaku... 💀
Jun 23, 2:57 PM

Aug 2019
The moment that I’ve been waiting for is finally here.

Jun 23, 5:41 PM
Feb 2021
THANKS VINCENT CHANSARD
the episode of the day, has incredible animation.
Jun 23, 10:42 PM

Jan 2016
Uhhh the Kid Pirates stated they lost horribly back then against Shanks' underlings... And now Kid thinks he can take on Shanks alone. After barely defeating Big Mom with a lot of help and effort... Is he for real?? Oh boy, that definitely won't go well lmao

On the other hand, the Seraphims battle looks neat if it starts like this. Can't wait to see more!
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 23, 11:48 PM

Oct 2017
Shanks crew and the giants hype. Poor Kidd.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 825 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - Feb 10, 2018

89 by Netbug »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 824 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - Feb 3, 2018

54 by Netbug »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 823 Discussion

alphazero4um - Jan 27, 2018

43 by Netbug »»
1 hour ago

» How Imu may contrast with Luffy and Blackbeard

Daconator - Yesterday

1 by D6David »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 51 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Oct 26, 2009

49 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.