Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 27, 2019 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
Name a more iconic duo... SAO and Cliffhangers!

The action and fights were awesome once again! When they finally overpowered Alice, that wall of the tower breaks, making Kirito and Alice fall outside of the tower. I wonder what will happen now as Kirito already used his dagger and Eugeo is holding the second one!
Jan 27, 2019 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
Funny how Kirito was willing to sacrifice that item for that female knight to revive her but not the first male knight. Pretty chivalrous of him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 27, 2019 5:35 PM

Aug 2010
Ichigo with his Getsuga Tenshou, Byakuya with Senbonzakura and Toshiro with Hyorinmaru. Finally Bleach anime is back.

Joking aside,
-Some glimpse of Kirito's PTSD in this episode.
-Operator-chan story is pretty sad.
-Alice has her STR stat maximum.
And of course moar cliffhanger.
awrupJan 27, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 27, 2019 6:03 PM

Jun 2017
lihle808 said:
Funny how Kirito was willing to sacrifice that item for that female knight to revive her but not the first male knight. Pretty chivalrous of him.
If you are talking about Deosolbert, he didn't have mortal wounds. He was frozen and was rendered incapable of battling.
Jan 27, 2019 6:52 PM
Jan 2018
HirasawaLucky said:
deathbySNU-SNU said:
Another boring episode..
How come that Fanatio bounced upward instead of to the wall with that impact? Idiot logic

Again with the typical naive Jesus-kun trying to save her instead of killing, maybe kirito intended to make her join harem as well

Battle with alice was just like the other fights, so boring and lack of choreography. But at least episode 4 and 15 got some proper "fights".
I wonder if the director series and the animators are amateurs?

And what's with that slow motion? So lame

Quality dipping, animation getting worse, perhaps the staff didnt have any passion to do this series or the studio already ran out of budget?

I hope that 4cours episode is a joke

I am the novel reader and i agree with you, after eps 11 the adaptation so bad, especially animation quallity

Questionable writing + Poor directing= SAO
Jan 27, 2019 7:07 PM

Jun 2017
I loled when Fanatio was thrown to the roof instead of to the side. They cut out some stuff again - Especially Eugeo's speech to Fizel and Linel. Otherwise a decent episode.
Jan 27, 2019 7:14 PM

Feb 2015
Normally I defend SAO but come on man, that was the stupidest fucking waste of a valuable resource I've ever seen. I can't take this hamfisted drama seriously. I gots to save this woman because plot and drama. Good lord. Mother's Rosario has been the only good arc aside from Aincrad. Always thought Alicization got too much credit...
Jan 27, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
Yautja said:
Normally I defend SAO but come on man, that was the stupidest fucking waste of a valuable resource I've ever seen. I can't take this hamfisted drama seriously. I gots to save this woman because plot and drama. Good lord. Mother's Rosario has been the only good arc aside from Aincrad. Always thought Alicization got too much credit...

Maybe if you pay attention you will realize that Kirito did not want to kill anyone if possible. The Integrity Knight is vital to defend against Dark Territory. These knights are innocent and only doing their job. Kirito sees them as human and not AI like people at RATH does, letting them die is no different to him than killing a human. Something that left him traumatize when he killed the Laughing Coffin member back in SAO.
Kaiser-chanJan 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Jan 27, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2015

Oh I did pay attention, and I still think it's stupid. But I'm not going to bother getting into this with you since you're white knighting the series against anyone who complains about it and clearly bias towards the anime. Final note is that maybe not everyone agrees with you or Kirito's childish and shortsighted superhero logic.
Jan 27, 2019 10:18 PM
Oct 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
Alice is saikou no cooooool!

I love your signature and profile picture so much
Jan 27, 2019 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
Yautja said:

Oh I did pay attention, and I still think it's stupid. But I'm not going to bother getting into this with you since you're white knighting the series against anyone who complains about it and clearly bias towards the anime. Final note is that maybe not everyone agrees with you or Kirito's childish and shortsighted superhero logic.

You can't argue back because you just can't. You are spouting nonsense. Apparently something you don't like is automatically stupid. I read the novel so naturally I know more.

Doinked said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Alice is saikou no cooooool!

I love your signature and profile picture so much

Thanks, made it myself.

Jan 27, 2019 10:21 PM

Feb 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Yautja said:

You can't argue back because you just can't. You are spouting nonsense. I read the novel so obviously I know more.

Thanks for literally proving my point as perfectly and arrogantly as you could.
Jan 27, 2019 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
Well, now we know how and why Kirito and Eugeo part ways.

Now that Alice's perfect weapon control art was revealed, I can see all the resemblances to the swords in Bleach haha.
Jan 27, 2019 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
Yautja said:
KaiserNazrin said:

You can't argue back because you just can't. You are spouting nonsense. I read the novel so obviously I know more.

Thanks for literally proving my point as perfectly and arrogantly as you could.

Nice talking to you.

Jan 27, 2019 11:45 PM

Aug 2012
idc spoil me.

Wtf happened in the end. Was it Quinella's doing?

Is Elevator girl going to be someone important in the future? She felt like a pointless character.
Jan 28, 2019 1:34 AM
Mar 2014
Mattinator95 said:
HirasawaLucky said:
manny people said the action so good, to be honest, man that's so bad lack of frame by frame, very stiff, after eps 11, they always use the same scene with the same view, l already read the novel and dont get the epic feelings, like i watched the 2nd season of sowrd art online. seriously....
you can compare it with the previous actions scene.

Do you mean you don't the same feeling when you read it ??? When you mean this

"l already read the novel and dont get the epic feeling"

Or not

I mean I didn't get a good impact from the orginal source after eps 11, the directing is so bad, not like the previous eps ten episodes.
Jan 28, 2019 4:54 AM

Sep 2017
Necromia said:
idc spoil me.

Wtf happened in the end. Was it Quinella's doing?

Is Elevator girl going to be someone important in the future? She felt like a pointless character.
nope, that was because the impact from kirito and alice's skill. about the elevator girl, she is not important and if im not mistaken there wont be any of her appearance again in the future
Jan 28, 2019 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
this was intense! Can we just take a moment to appreciate just how visually pleasing this season is? Its flawless!

Though I have to admit, I still like the original SAO and GGO more, the first was well the first, it introduced us to this whole world and the setting just cant be topped. While it had issues, it was enjoyable for me, interesting and I even liked the romance aspect. GGO had sinon which is a plus and Kirito was talking for the first time about how he felt essentially killing people.

But Alicization so far seems like pure action. There was nearly no plot so far, or rather no plot I care about (like why would I care about NPCs? The only real human there is Kirito and I still doubt they would let him die for real)

Seeing how his goal was to defeat the knights and then administrator, but we had like 2/3rds of the show left, made me already curious to what would happen, because no way its gonna just end like this. Seems I was right on that.

Maybe now some sort of adventuring could start? Everybody was talking about how much better this will be, but so far I cant see it.

Not that I dont like it, we barely had the beginning afterall, but Im just not invested in the story.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 28, 2019 5:21 AM
Jan 2018
People still see them as NPC when they clearly aren't
Jan 28, 2019 5:50 AM

Dec 2009
That episode remember me Bleach:
Alice's weapon remembers Byakuya's Senbonzakura.
Kirito's enhance Armaament remembers me Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou.
And Eugeo's Enhance aramament remembers me Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki.

And I'm not even mad, because that was awesome (although I expected more intricate characteristics from Kirito's enhance armament)
Jan 28, 2019 11:53 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh i love that kirito vs alice fight. Alice sure is a hard to beat in this one...
Jan 28, 2019 11:56 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Hope good content comes for a reason to postpone the fight.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 29, 2019 1:44 AM

Nov 2011
Action is still good but since they entered the tower its been mehh

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 29, 2019 2:22 AM
Jan 2019
Zee530 said:
Action is still good but since they entered the tower its been mehh
the only one good is that fight vs goblin, i would say it was too smooth. but after that everything became crappy, how come the fight vs goblins is better than vs those knights?
Jan 29, 2019 3:54 AM
Aug 2013
deathbySNU-SNU said:
the only one good is that fight vs goblin, i would say it was too smooth. but after that everything became crappy, how come the fight vs goblins is better than vs those knights?

Kinda agree with you.. the fight between kirto-eugeo vs goblins is the best so far for me too.
I think they're limiting their budgets for some episodes (well, most, I think, lol) so they can push the quality for the rest of the season, like maybe from episode 20-25 ? I don't know, just my opinion
Jan 29, 2019 6:14 AM
Jan 2018
Comander-07 said:
this was intense! Can we just take a moment to appreciate just how visually pleasing this season is? Its flawless!

Though I have to admit, I still like the original SAO and GGO more, the first was well the first, it introduced us to this whole world and the setting just cant be topped. While it had issues, it was enjoyable for me, interesting and I even liked the romance aspect. GGO had sinon which is a plus and Kirito was talking for the first time about how he felt essentially killing people.

But Alicization so far seems like pure action. There was nearly no plot so far, or rather no plot I care about (like why would I care about NPCs? The only real human there is Kirito and I still doubt they would let him die for real)

Seeing how his goal was to defeat the knights and then administrator, but we had like 2/3rds of the show left, made me already curious to what would happen, because no way its gonna just end like this. Seems I was right on that.

Maybe now some sort of adventuring could start? Everybody was talking about how much better this will be, but so far I cant see it.

Not that I dont like it, we barely had the beginning afterall, but Im just not invested in the story.

They aren't NPC they never where
Jan 29, 2019 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
Another good episode.

Loved the fight scenes against Alice. She sure is strong. Kirito had a hard time fighting against her.

Jan 29, 2019 11:12 AM
Nov 2018
I have a question! How many episodes left?? What do you think about it??
Jan 29, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2014
ZahraIGOT7 said:
I have a question! How many episodes left?? What do you think about it??

8 more episodes in this cour. After that there will be a break and we'll get 24 more.
Jan 29, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2010
Alice is sooo beautiful, and her seiyuu is doing such a good job! I wouldn't have guessed it's Ai Kayano's voice, but it fits Alice's personality really well.

Her sword's superpower is pretty cool as well, and it's so nice to look at, gotta love the golden leaves (flowers?) :3
Jan 29, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2016
I loved how Alice manifested her sword. That's the kind of dramatic visual that I want to see from this series.

Unfortunately the fight scenes continue to underwhelm with a cheap feel. Lots of visual tricks to make them feel more dynamic than they really are, clunky movement and so on.

And what the hell was this cliffhanger? That came out of nowhere, and for no reason other than the author didn't know how to end the scene.

deathbySNU-SNU said:

I agree, that sequence was hype. Everything afterwards has felt off.
Jan 30, 2019 12:35 AM

Sep 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Comander-07 said:

they are though
Only kirito is a human

Jan 30, 2019 6:45 AM
Jun 2017
They are human. Alice and everyone in underworld are human without body. -_-
Jan 30, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 2018
Comander-07 said:
Mattinator95 said:

they are though
Only kirito is a human

On what basis are they NPC .

It's like saying all the people in the Matrix are NPC yet they are unware of what's actually happing and dosent know the world they are in is fake . Same goes for the underworld Residents they are nither programmed or controlled they act like any human would the only difference is they don't have free will due to the rules that where created .
Mattinator95Jan 30, 2019 7:44 AM
Jan 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Comander-07 said:
they are though
Only kirito is a human

On what basis are they NPC .

It's like saying all the people in the Matrix are NPC yet they are unware of what's actually happing and dosent know the world they are in is fake . Same goes for the underworld Residents they are nither programmed or controlled they act like any human would the only difference is they don't have free will due to the rules that where created .
Thats not the same. All the people in the matrix were plugged in, with their real bodies etc.

No, wrong, no.

Thats like saying google assistant is a real human. Or a drawing is a real human. Because fuck logic.
tuyetthan8x said:
They are human. Alice and everyone in underworld are human without body. -_-
They arent human. Alice and every NPC in the programm arent human. And without a body. -_-
Jan 30, 2019 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! plan not going according to plan!
4/5.

Feb 1, 2019 6:55 AM
Jan 2018
SSL443 said:
I loved how Alice manifested her sword. That's the kind of dramatic visual that I want to see from this series.

Unfortunately the fight scenes continue to underwhelm with a cheap feel. Lots of visual tricks to make them feel more dynamic than they really are, clunky movement and so on.

And what the hell was this cliffhanger? That came out of nowhere, and for no reason other than the author didn't know how to end the scene.

deathbySNU-SNU said:

I agree, that sequence was hype. Everything afterwards has felt off.

if its the talking part during the fights felt off , arnt they basically trying to get them to remember who they where
Feb 2, 2019 10:39 PM

Dec 2016
Mattinator95 said:
if its the talking part during the fights felt off , arnt they basically trying to get them to remember who they where

Not what I meant. I was referring to the animation and choreography of the fights.
Feb 3, 2019 2:49 AM

Jul 2009
Finally it's time to see Alice! And she have a great power!
Feb 3, 2019 5:30 AM

Dec 2014
the fight with Alice huh...finally but what was that in the end
Feb 3, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 2016
This fight had so much potential to be good. So much potential that if it was used to the fullest, I might have changed my mind about Alicization. No. Eugeo and Kirito come in the room where they finally meet Alice after ten minutes of pontless talking. ZERO emotion was shown by our great protagonists. The fight looked like crap and ruined my day. Good bye SAO III, I expected more from you.
Feb 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
I wasn't a fan of Alice constantly wearing such bulky armor, but MAN she completely changed my mind with this episode. She's absolutely gorgeous!
Nice to finally see her in action after all the blatant spoilers of her abilities in the games
Apr 27, 2019 7:20 PM

Nov 2016
Oh I didn't expected that to happen, so far the fights have been short and to the point, which I like, but now Kirito and Alice fall of the tower, I am really expectant to see what happens. Kirito is like a typical good boy, that wants to save everyone and is hurt when he can't so try everything to save em, and Eugeo, I don't know why he have as much rage for the Integrity Knights, given that he knows that they are practically forced to follow Administrator orders. Good episode.
May 15, 2019 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
I don't get it, what is that dark looking thing coming out of kirito's sword?
Jun 23, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2014
-Wow hope that dagger use on Fanatio will pay dividends lol. Anticipating to see how she'll pay this back in the next part of the show.

-Alice looks absolutely glorious in that armor wielding that sword.

-Hmm they fell out of the tower and left Eugeo behind. Well this can't be good.

-I really like the camerawork and musical score and chanting during the fight. They added an epic captivating quality to it.

-Who was the first person to withstand Alice's sword?
Aug 19, 2019 2:15 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, Alice is really cool, she's so strong too. Interesting cliffhanger.
Sep 3, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2016
They’re doing a really good job in the BD version. This seems to be the BD version of Alice VS Kirito.

Oct 8, 2019 7:18 PM

Aug 2017

I feel bad for the elevating operator. Hmmm, Alice reminds me of Saber. She is too OP. That ending was unexpected.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 29, 2019 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
My Darkness can't be this cool.
Man they sure love their cliffhangers.
Feb 26, 2020 3:23 PM

Feb 2019
lol Saber is op asf
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.