Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 25, 2018 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
It's there anyone that's reading the manga after just finishing the anime witch chapter should i start reading? pls
Dec 25, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
What a great finale. This episode was a hectic, crazy roller coaster but that's what made it so enjoyable. I think we all knew Sugimoto was gonna be fine (he's Immortal Sugimoto after all lol)

After last episode of
i haven't taken main character's survival for granted,but yeah this was a great finale.
Dec 25, 2018 4:49 AM

Oct 2012
What a stellar season, my AOTY for sure!
Dec 25, 2018 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
I WANT A SEASON 3, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

The finale episode was one hell of a ride, Ogata and Kiroranke's betrayal, Nopperabo and Sugimoto's instant death shot, and a whole other slew of characters at their wits end. Literally had me stunned the entire episode through.

Literally, every role model is sent for battle, Nopperabo with Asirpa, Commander Koito with his Lieutenant son, and now Sugimoto with Lt. Tsurumi teaming up to get Asirpa back. So, for now, it's the good ol case of "Go read the manga"...

Amazing episode and series that is sorta a cliffhanger into the future...who knows?
KANLen09Dec 25, 2018 5:06 AM
Dec 25, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2012
Conspiracies have been unfold and fight scenes never seized to amazed me. What an epic season this is. Definitely hypes us up for the season 3.

8/10
Dec 25, 2018 5:50 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, the first half of the episode was the true definition of intense. So much was happening and I loved it all. I had a slight feeling that Ogata was up to no good when he didn't appear in the last episode and my suspicions were correct as he shot Nopperabo dead and almost killed off Sugimoto too.

The short moment that Asirpa had in seeing her father with Sugimoto was emotional, then Ogata's snipe that killed her father just made the scene more emotional.

Kiroranke then accidentally stabbed Inkarmat during a slight fight before he escaped with Ogata, Shiraishi and Asirpa. Everything was chaotic and brutal and it happen in a way that I'm didn't expected to happen.

Now that Sugimoto has recovered, he's now on his way to rescue Asirpa. I really want a third season to continue this great story, although I might go and read the manga version if a third season doesn't happen.

Either way, this is another 8/10 for me. Better than the first season, despite the same score. =)
Dec 25, 2018 6:27 AM

Jan 2011
I was already ready to read the manga beforehand, but I think it'll be a lot sooner now.
Dec 25, 2018 7:39 AM

May 2012
Wow! That was one hell of a twist. Damn you, Ogata! How dare you shoot my Sugimoto!!! I really like Ogata's cool character but can't wait for Sugimoto to get some revenge on him!

Anyway, can't wait for season 3 anymore so I will read the manga instead hhahaha.
Dec 25, 2018 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
KibaTheStrayDog said:
It's there anyone that's reading the manga after just finishing the anime witch chapter should i start reading? pls

Start with Chapter 140 in the manga. Season 2 of the anime stopped at Chapter 139.
Dec 25, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2016
raynaninja said:
KibaTheStrayDog said:

Start with Chapter 140 in the manga. Season 2 of the anime stopped at Chapter 139.
thank you very very much
Dec 25, 2018 1:55 PM
Mar 2015
So many wonderful betrayals even her father was using Aspria The only characters that are trustworthy are Aspira and Sugimoto The dream is great and so in the Ainu character He is coming for her
Dec 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Feb 2016
raynaninja said:
ZdejmijNoge said:

was russia acutally in manga or you are just speculating?

It's in the manga, a lot actually after where this anime finale left off.

Do you all mean mainland Russia or just Karafuto on Sakhalin Island?
South Sakhalin didn't became russian until 1945, when the Soviet Union attacked and conquered Karafuto Prefecture.
Dec 25, 2018 6:41 PM

Oct 2008
Teisatsu said:
raynaninja said:

It's in the manga, a lot actually after where this anime finale left off.

Do you all mean mainland Russia or just Karafuto on Sakhalin Island?
South Sakhalin didn't became russian until 1945, when the Soviet Union attacked and conquered Karafuto Prefecture.

Both. I suggest reading the manga to find out for yourselves.
raynaninjaDec 25, 2018 6:55 PM
Dec 25, 2018 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
8/10
Season 3 please 😊😊😊
Dec 25, 2018 9:24 PM

Dec 2008
all I can say is, please more asripa and sayuri
Dec 25, 2018 10:48 PM

Feb 2018
What a great season finale. I hope there will be a season 3 but is there enough material for one? This ends at chapter 139 of the manga and it’s at 184 right now. As far as I can find, there is no other source material I.e. light novel, web novel, etc. I may be wrong about that but I couldn’t find anything while searching.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Dec 25, 2018 10:51 PM

Feb 2018
Onbuu said:
thebrentinator24 said:
What a great finale. This episode was a hectic, crazy roller coaster but that's what made it so enjoyable. I think we all knew Sugimoto was gonna be fine (he's Immortal Sugimoto after all lol)

After last episode of
i haven't taken main character's survival for granted,but yeah this was a great finale.

Man do I have some good news for you then lol

Dec 26, 2018 2:30 AM

Jul 2014
I knew we weren't quite done with the betrayals after last episode, and seeing that Kiroranke really was working against Sugimoto's group wasn't at all a surprise (though Ogata working with him certainly was). After an ending like that, though, we better be getting a season 3 sooner or later.

8/10
Dec 26, 2018 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
Intense last episode. Answered some questions while adding more. I love how the characters often change sides just for the sake of achieving their objective
I just love this show, perfect balance of action, mystery and comedy
Although I don't think it's likely, I would love to have season 3
Dec 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Feb 2016
raynaninja said:

Both. I suggest reading the manga to find out for yourselves.

Thanks! Great! I'll do that.
Dec 26, 2018 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
Fine I'll read the fucking manga. Spoilers abound, and it felt like quite a bit of content was skipped. And I can stop waiting for that damn OVA.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 26, 2018 6:34 PM

May 2017
Ienaga as Hannibal Lecter? Finger lickin' good?
Dec 26, 2018 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
Ugh that CGI bear...

Man, what a great finale. This season definitely surpassed the previous one by a lot. It was a nice ride, I highly enjoyed it.

I knew Ogata was up to something. It gave me chills when, with such a cold voice, he told Asirpa that both her father and Tsugimoto were dead. And also, props to Tsugimoto's VA too, especially in the scene where he was arguing with Noppera-bou about the Asirpa he wanted to see. Those were some very heartfelt words coming from him, being honest.

Now, I'm really REALLY looking forward to a new season. I hope there'll be a third season at some point soon. 8/10
Dec 26, 2018 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
SparkleDuck said:
Good god, this season was amazing.

So so good! AOTS by a country fucking mile.
Dec 26, 2018 10:29 PM

Aug 2015
Season 3 pls

Bad CGI bear... they did it again!!
They're not going to fix the CGI on the blu rays, somebody obviously thinks this is ok

Fuck Ogata
Dec 27, 2018 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
I really liked S1 and the first half of S2 started in similar vein but the second half of it was just exceptional.

Wow, so much betrayal between characters, Tsurumi was the arch nemesis throughout and now it looks like they're gonna ally up, please announce s3 immediately.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 27, 2018 2:32 AM

May 2017
So can somebody tell me where the anime ends in manga ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 2:34 AM

Apr 2016
This season is awesome.
And Ogata randomly killing.
We want S3.
BRAWLERS
Dec 27, 2018 9:30 PM
Mar 2017
Was it necessary to imitate the sound? hahaha
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 27, 2018 11:35 PM

Feb 2018
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

Chapter 140 is where you would need to pick up to follow the season

Dec 27, 2018 11:37 PM

Feb 2018
FireCrauter said:
Was it necessary to imitate the sound? hahaha

Yeah or else it wouldn’t have been complete since it was imitating Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lambs

Dec 28, 2018 2:52 AM

May 2017
BigWangBai said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

Ok thanks for the help man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2018 10:20 AM

May 2009
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
BigWangBai said:

Ok thanks for the help man.

You should read from the beginning because manga skipped many scenes and characters like animal lover Anehata Shiton
Dec 29, 2018 6:38 AM

Dec 2017
Farabeuf said:
This is how you do an adaptation even when your budget is clearly low. Stick to the story and the spirit of the source material, with solid voice acting and good direction and good things happen.
Tokyo Ghoul franchise is a good example, right? :>

With that many characters, I love how the series proved that all of them are relevant. Such a great story! Season 3 would be really welcome.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 29, 2018 11:44 AM
Aug 2011
electromagneto said:
With that many characters, I love how the series proved that all of them are relevant.

This is what I love about Golden Kamuy.
Sure there are some characters that come and go (Edogai-kun for example) but the true supporting cast always comes back to shine and be of value time and time again. This is a series that treats its full cast with respect.
Even if they have to be dick slapped or stuffed into a deer butt naked. Sorry Shiraishi.

Dec 30, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
One of my favorite anime on all fronts. Need a season 3.
Dec 31, 2018 3:53 AM

Nov 2010
Oh boy, what a ride!! Emotional and intense episode. Great ending to this amazing anime. Oh man, Ogata... I never trust this guy since the beginning. I love this season more than the first one. This season also making me love all the characters too. Great to see the groups cooperation in this season but in the end, they finally broke up. I'm glad I tried to checked this anime and it end up one of my favourite anime of this year. I end my 2018 with this episode because I knew it'll be great.

I hope there will be enough material for season 3. I'm gonna miss this anime so much. Hinna hinna!
Jan 1, 2019 10:08 PM
May 2017
I’ve never posted a review before, but this is one of my favorite anime I have watched. 9/10 for me. Hoping season 3 gets confirmed soon
Jan 2, 2019 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
Damn it! I can't believe it!
Sugimoto, Tanigaki, Inkarmat teamed-up with Lt. Tsurumi!
and Asripa, Shiraishi, Ogata & Kiroranke escaped!
And we have sure high threats such as the group of Hijikata Toshizou!
oh well Nopperabo is dead headshot by Ogata...
we're not yet done! get ready for more glorious awesomeness that S3 awaits!
5/5!
9/10.

Jan 4, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
Incredible closer to the season. Incredible season in general. So thankful for Golden Kamuy, and I hope we get another season one day. If not, definitely a manga I will look into. More often than not, before a series airs, manga readers hype it up ridiculously. But you guys were right with this one. Golden Kamuy is the real deal.
Jan 5, 2019 8:12 AM

Nov 2014
damn, what an episode !!!

fortunately, they came out safe (all of the groups besides Ogata's group who taken asirpa)
especially tanigakixinkarmat :3 XD (and really ??? Ushiyama the best third wheeler lol almost making a death flag), it seem everything become related and clearer now.
Can't wait to see Sugimoto action in karafuto (Russian :v). I hope nothing bad happen to tanigakixinkarmat, i wanna see them with chikapasi as family in the future :D.

Awesome OP (heavenly combination of Hiro and Sayuri XD) and ED they both on my top playlist this season.

I followed this series since 1st season and i can say that i really liked it so far, the mixing of multiple genres (dominated with adventure/action and historical) with great addition sense of humor/comedic and a little portion of romance. the mixing of genres and how they divide the portion of them really fits my taste.

for a historical anime, they clearly elaborate every historical aspect in it. i think, they did great on how they elaborated and explained every character with their development including the supporting cast moreover with that many supporting character, they can solidify it in just 12 ep series. and top of that they still could keep the relevancy really well between all the character.

I'm really hoping on another sequel (3rd season) as the manga itself still ongoing and I could say they did better in this 2nd adaptation.

Can't wait for the 3rd sequel, pls make it happen :D
absolute 10/10 for me.
r16fourarmJan 5, 2019 9:08 AM
Jan 18, 2019 9:07 AM
Aug 2018
Will there be a season 3?
Jan 18, 2019 8:59 PM
Mar 2012
Must get s3 man, so intense ramping up to Abashiri prison, insane action and betrayal from all sides.
And the osts with cooking OP is just always perfect.
Jan 22, 2019 10:57 PM

May 2012
He really is immortal! Pretty epic second season if you ask me and quite the sad ending actually! Really looking forward actually for a third season of this magnificent and very impressive anime.

Really enjoyed watching it and a bit sad that there wasn't a post credit announcement that there would be a third season confirmation.

Still really looking forwards to it!
Jan 24, 2019 11:26 AM

Nov 2017
Overall a good show. They never had the budget, and the source material has to catch up or vice versa. That ending left me with a 'wow', can't wait for more.

This is a great story pretty much. The studio did what they could with what little money, artistry, creativity or control that they had.

I'm just glad I got to know the story.
Feb 1, 2019 10:55 AM
Apr 2015
Season 3 when??????????????
Feb 4, 2019 9:38 PM
Aug 2018
I am dying for a 3rd season.
Feb 10, 2019 1:52 PM

May 2018
Absolutely amazing show and almost criminally unpopular on MAL - despite this, from the way it ended and knowing that the manga is very popular and highly acclaimed in Japan, I feel a third season is almost guaranteed and I can't wait! Sugimoto is coming for you Asirpa :D

Feb 14, 2019 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
Inform. Educate. Entertain. 8/10
Mar 20, 2019 2:31 PM
Oct 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
What a great finale. This episode was a hectic, crazy roller coaster but that's what made it so enjoyable. I think we all knew Sugimoto was gonna be fine (he's Immortal Sugimoto after all lol), and now he's determined to reunite with Asirpa.

I hope this gets a 3rd season someday, I really want to continue on this journey with these characters. I also love how such a serious show finds room to include comedy that doesn't feel out of place, and I'd like to see more of that.

This. Was a really amazing season finale, what an intense ep.

Amazing season with a bit of everything.

I need it to continue!

Geshtinanna said:
Absolutely amazing show and almost criminally unpopular on MAL - despite this, from the way it ended and knowing that the manga is very popular and highly acclaimed in Japan, I feel a third season is almost guaranteed and I can't wait! Sugimoto is coming for you Asirpa :D

That moment when he was like 'If he's alive, I bet Sugimoto is fucking pissed' and it cuts to him. Damn! :D
DangerMouseDMMar 20, 2019 2:35 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2018

103 by Coolfrog27 »»
Sep 20, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2018

58 by Karva1 »»
Mar 18, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

75 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

63 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2018

71 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.