Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2018 9:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Of course Lily is a fucking trap lol

Putting that aside, the dynamic between Lily and her/his dad was amusing as hell, but it was still pretty sad what happened in the end and how the dad ended up....Poor guy twT

That last part was too sweet though, giving me all the feels :'') These backstory episodes are freaking great man

Can't wait to see Saki's backstory next week
Nov 22, 2018 9:39 PM

Aug 2014
I was watching this anime to laugh, not to cry ):

What a great episode though. The song at the end was gorgeous, and so were the outfits. I love the way the show revealed Lily's past. I'm happy she got some focus, this ep made her shoot up in my ranking.
Nov 22, 2018 9:50 PM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:

After seeing the success of his daughter, made him become obsessed, Lily became like one of those trophy kids. Didn't really like the emotional parts to this series so far, I like it when it sticks to comedy but this was executed well, gut-punch, right into the feels

- This scene teach me... i wont become father like him, i want to be a good father for my kids, i wont have great regret like he ever does.

- Masao is a boys name... then, what about yamada? Yamada is a cliche name for men. But, it doesnt change the fact that she is a boy, since Sakura addres her -kun.
- this episode tears me apart... fuck, i know your feel papi, truely.
Now Loading.....
Nov 22, 2018 10:12 PM
Dec 2013
I thought this was a comedy anime, why am I getting them feels?
Legit cried and laughed at the same time
Nov 22, 2018 10:18 PM

Jan 2016
Now I need to decide whose cause of death is dumber between Lily and Subaru from Konosuba since both of them die from something stupid. At least nobody laugh at Lily's.

Overall still an entertaining episode~
Nov 22, 2018 11:18 PM
Aug 2017
This episode focuses on Lilly the Loli. Its quite an emotional episode I almost shed 0.99% tear. But excited for next episode
Nov 22, 2018 11:24 PM
Aug 2017
this what is call shocking truth dead...damnn this was ep that sad and shocking about lily whyyyyy damnnn director
Nov 22, 2018 11:26 PM

Mar 2017
Lily's backstory this week.
So how the heck am I supposed to react to Lily's cause of death. It caught me so off guard. Damn I couldn't stop laughing.
Good conclusion in the end.
Nov 22, 2018 11:36 PM

Nov 2016
well i was wrong about how lilly died. i was thinking she got killed by a creepy stalker

maybe shes related to kazuma from kono subarashi
Nov 22, 2018 11:49 PM

Feb 2018
crazy emotional episode..very sad
did i miss the part where she was a he?
or is it just the name thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2018 11:56 PM

May 2015
A big rule when meeting and greeting idols: unless it's a handshake, never touch them! Idols must remain pure!

Lily died from shock upon experiencing puberty? How does that even happen?

God damn it Takumi. Why are you so awesome?

I've never witnessed how bad TV obsession could be until now...

So Lily or "Masao" got her episode and song here. And the animation for the choreography here was hand drawn. Maybe they're changing animation styles depending on the type of music that plays. So Lily is actually male, but based on her behavior, I don't think that it matters. And since she's undead and cannot age, unless you do a body check, you'll never know from simply looking at her. So whatever.

Next episode looks to be Saki-focused. Being the hot-blooded member of the group, I wonder how her song is going to turn out. I'm still waiting for Yuugiri's episode though. She's gotten the least amount of exposure and is the most mysterious of the group, so maybe by episode 10 we will get it.
Nov 23, 2018 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
Jak said:
raifuresu said:
So Lily is a trans girl, that's really nice.

And wow, I wasn't expecting this anime to make me cry. This episode sure had a lot of feels.
No, it's a trap.

Nah, she's a trans girl.
Nov 23, 2018 2:54 AM
Oct 2010
Am I the only one who thought Lily was best trapfu from day one?
Nov 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
The conch shell represents leadership, which is further supported by Kotarou blowing it when announcing their recent victory. Another example of excellent symbolism was how Saki referred to Takeo, Lily's father, as a yak. Yaks are considered as a beast of burden, carrying a lot cargo on their back while enduring the harsh, cold environment. Here, Takeo is holding the burden of being partially responsible for Masao's, Lily's real name, death and enduring the harsh nature of his reality.

Wow, after seeing that laser show of a performance (Seriously, they couldn't sing like that unless they ate a MIDI computer) the girls celebrate their victory and Kotaro doesn't yell at the girls for relishing in it. He yells at Sakura for doing the opposite though. This is gonna be a shtick isn't it.

But with fame comes it fair share of hiccups. Turns out, Lily's family is still alive. Well, just her dad, but family regardless. Now we get to Lily's story. Turns out she got into show biz because her dad loved TV (You too, huh slugger?) and she died from a comical heart attack from seeing a hair on her face (You too, huh drama queen?) hence the leaping heart in her zombie form. But as comical as that was, when we take a peek into Takeo's flashback, we see that her death wasn't as comically overblown since it turned out she died from a mental shock in conjunction with mental fatigue she got from her work. It does add a tinge of tragedy to the story.

But not all endings are bitter, for we add a cup of sugar to make it all better, I guess. Lily sings a bittersweet song about farewells and it tugs at our...Oh god. MY FEELS! And we end on an equally bittersweet shot of Takeo watching TV, not knowing he has been looking at his daughter for so long.

Overall, nice episode. No CG dance scenes, which is a plus too.
Next time, we see Saki's story...and a needlessly long title. OH BOY!

Wait, look at Lily's dad. Now look at his wife, may she rest in peace.
HOW DID THEY GET ANY ACTION?! Jeez Louise, from the loud thumping steps when he was walking on solid concrete, I'm surprised no one got turned into red PLAY DOUGH!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Nov 23, 2018 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
Masao's death was really really weird but I laughed my ass off.
Nov 23, 2018 6:56 AM
Nov 2017
raifuresu said:

And wow, I wasn't expecting this anime to make me cry. This episode sure had a lot of feels.

well, I think Lily isn't a trans, but just a crossdresser....
although yeah, that's shocking

(actually I'm going to make a genderswap fanart about Zombie Land Saga, but knowing the fact that Lily is a he, well, what can I say LOL)
Nov 23, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2017
yeah...fuck

Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, that was a plot twist I wasn't expecting. Lily's actually a boy and what's with this show and all the legendary ways to kill characters off? Plucking facial hair? Like really? XD
it's probably also because of mental stress, as stated by the doctor. it may be just because her(him) going through puberty added to that and thus her death.

But I have to agree the presentation was funny xD
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 23, 2018 7:10 AM

Dec 2017
damn, this episode was unexpectedly good. i even teared up a bit at the final part. also, props for no cgi this time. looks very good and organic
Nov 23, 2018 7:30 AM

May 2018
That was really touching. Very nice to see some backstory on Lily.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 23, 2018 7:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fucking hell, didnt expect that feel train hitting me so hard. Been a while something made me tear up even just little bit.
Nov 23, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2010
Surprisingly sad episode at times, but it's great to see Zombieland Saga still delivering. Saki still best girl, delinquent kick to the rescue!
Mogami-kunNov 23, 2018 10:10 PM
Nov 23, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2011
halloween96 said:
raifuresu said:

well, I think Lily isn't a trans, but just a crossdresser....
although yeah, that's shocking

(actually I'm going to make a genderswap fanart about Zombie Land Saga, but knowing the fact that Lily is a he, well, what can I say LOL)

I think it's up to interpretation since she never SAID she was trans or a crossdresser, but I personally see her as trans because she refers to her male name as her "old name" and fully accepts her female name and identity. I also think if she was a crossdresser she would have mentioned it at some point, but apparently she's more comfortable living as a girl, and has always been. It didn't seen to be a "TV persona" since she still lived as a girl in her private life. This and a few other things really gave me the feeling that she's a trans girl.

That's just how I see it tho.

Nov 23, 2018 10:03 AM

May 2017
NANI!!! OTOKO!!!???? W-W-What de F!???
Nov 23, 2018 10:22 AM

Aug 2008
To be honest, all I took from this "emotional" backstory was a question why the hell was Masao dressed like a girl as a kid. Would make more sense if he looked normal and then disguised himself as a girl to become an idol to appeal to his TV addicted dad. Well, it wouldn't make any sense but still more than whatever this episode was.

Hair shock was funny when it hit a little girl who thought she might take after her concrete block of a father. Doesn't work at all with a boy. Crazy comedy and half assed drama really don't mix well...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 23, 2018 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
I wasn't expecting Zombieland Saga to secretly be the most pro-LGBT anime of the last idk how many years, but I welcome it.
Nov 23, 2018 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit the feels this episode, despite how goofy everything was it sure knew how to deliver emotionally as well, it got me really close to cry.
Nov 23, 2018 12:53 PM

May 2015
God, this episode is so stupid and sad at the same time.
Nov 23, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
I actually realized that Lily was biologically male at the same time as Sakura, so her reaction at the time was something I really felt, too. I like how the show didn't explicitly say anything but instead gave plenty of clues for the viewers to figure it out. The song towards the end was not so good at all but this overall episode touched me deeply.
Nov 23, 2018 12:56 PM
Oct 2017
Really cute episode!!!

Obviously this anime couldn't have gone on without revealing a trap, gotta love the times we live in :D
Lilys dad seems really nice and I really liked getting some backround about her revealed.
Nov 23, 2018 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
The cute loli once had a badass pappy. And it turns out she's a he? More love to the CrossLoli!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 23, 2018 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Short_Circut said:
So Sakura dies by Bus-kun, Ai dies by Lightning-kun and now Lily dies by Facial Hair-kun

Going by this trend, next week Saki probably dies by bike-kun.
Nov 23, 2018 2:44 PM

Aug 2017
Indeed, Lily's backstory was sad. I wasn't expecting that this show address that subject. They caught me off guard. Also, there's no CGI this time.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 23, 2018 3:03 PM

Dec 2017
omg, this episode literally made me cry, so fking emotional and the topic of father / son was so hard aaagh
Nov 23, 2018 5:01 PM
Feb 2012
this is stupid
once again characters like Lily are used for the pleasure of neckbeards

maybe one day we'll get a serious anime with transgender characters that aren't used for bait
Nov 23, 2018 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Is Lily a real XX girl or not?

Why do people think she may be a trap? Is because of the thick lint that grew on her/his face? Did I miss something?

Nov 23, 2018 5:37 PM

Oct 2010
ahneeme said:
this is stupid
once again characters like Lily are used for the pleasure of neckbeards

maybe one day we'll get a serious anime with transgender characters that aren't used for bait

Are you serious here?

Seriously the anime community sucks with the whole fetish and bait talk. They introduce a character as transgender with her backstory, they take seriously the issue with her deadname, she reaffirms her identity and the other girls + Kotaro support her, in a show with like, zero fanservice and much less from the character of Lily, and somehow it's "bait". Like fuck this shit fandom really.

Of course you will never be fine with representation if you read everything through this lens. Your stance is absurd. The anime industry is not a single shallow purpose.
jal90Nov 23, 2018 5:52 PM
Nov 23, 2018 5:57 PM

Jun 2017
trans character is great and you people worry me this is a scary thread
i like girly things. he/him only
Nov 23, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
Nope, Lily-chan is GENDERLESS!!!!!
G
Nov 23, 2018 8:37 PM

Jun 2016
this entire thread is a huge mess
between the people like "um tr*p is transphobic you weebs ugh i cant even" and the people like "HE is a TRAP! triggered, snowflake??" (both of these are hyperboles), i felt my IQ lower when reading this thread
anyways i liked this episode. its a shame it couldnt have been a bit more serious; lily's death and her dad's stature, which was obviously meant to be humorous, kinda ruined the mood. great episode regardless
Nov 23, 2018 9:10 PM
May 2018
I don't like "Lilly" no more. So stupid.
Nov 23, 2018 10:33 PM

Jan 2017
Well, damn those hints about Lily flew above my head at the height of space. I thought Lily was just going to have peach fuzz and be as tall as the dad instead of what the comments mentioned in the first page. But the background story was the saddest for me.

Nov 23, 2018 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
Well damn, that hurt.
Nov 24, 2018 12:36 AM
Oct 2018
The whole trap thing took me by surprise. Never felt sad for a trap before.
Nov 24, 2018 4:07 AM
Oct 2018
Groenboys said:
LILLY IS A TRAP
LILLY IS A TRAP
LILLY IS A TRAP

can't say it enough
LILLY IS A TRAP HOLY SHIT
Damn man, it so freaking trap LMAO. But he is shota and be a loli trap. I fell, i have ligma.
Nov 24, 2018 4:50 AM

Jan 2016
Bit annoyed that some people are pissed that Lily is a trap, saying the fetishization of boys who look like girls is terrible. Did any of them watch the episode?
Of course, Lily's death is a form of dark humour, but still carries emotional weight to it.

One of the best episodes so far, imo. I'm surprised they tackled two controversial issues in one episode.
Nov 24, 2018 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Lily died because puberty kicked in and started growing facial hair like most boys around that age, I forgot how old Lily was but I think around 12-13? Lily calls her/himself Lily but does not say if she is trans, she's a crossdresser and there's a difference. She does not refer to him/herself as a boy or a girl.

Anyway, her birth name is pretty masculine: Masao Go. You can see how supportive Lily's father was during that time. He didn't force Lily to become masculine like him.

However, Lily's death was pretty funny, like most of them except for Junko.

PS I teared up at the end. I also grew up with just my father so I can understand Lily.
BibimbapskiNov 24, 2018 5:12 AM
臭い-
Nov 24, 2018 6:03 AM

Aug 2016
God damnit, WTF Japan, why you do dis again? Well, it's not like I am lolicon or care about Lily at all this whole time it was some chibi shrimp that was there because gag or something, so this episode did really good job at exploring the character and make me some interest... but god damnit, she was boy this whole time. A died at shock founding out she grows up to boy again or something. Seriously stupid. Also Pappy looked like some perv first but then they made briliant picture of him as well, it was nice episode. But god damnit.

Also, I like the fact their first metal fans are always there, real MVP's there. And they get rid of cheap CGI and made cheap animation of our idols at stage, but it certainly look a lot better. Only surprise Gang biker there is able to do show like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 2013
Anime fans are sick people if this thread is anything to go by.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Nov 24, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2018
The damn feels hit me right out of nowhere.
Nov 24, 2018 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
EvenJellyOn said:
Anime fans are sick people if this thread is anything to go by.
In other news, water is wet.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

145 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Sep 15, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

294 by CottonModem »»
Aug 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

173 by retronikki »»
Jun 21, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

139 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

118 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.