Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2018 2:40 PM

Feb 2016
I love this anime, but deep down I think the relationship between these two still is kinda weird. I really like how the show is very careful not too overly sexualize anything though.
Feb 9, 2018 3:28 PM

Jun 2017
Yuuto uses his wingman skill unconsciously. It's super effective!

Tachibana fainted.
Feb 9, 2018 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
While this episode didn't have as much going on as the previous two episodes, it still managed to develop its characterrs quite nicely by showing us the Kondou's home, and his relationship with his son Yuto, who was absolutely adorable, and actually acted the way a kid would act. The more comedy slice-of-life was also used nicely to give a breather from the slightly more pensive character drama.

I have said this once and I will say this again, but this show is absolutely masterful at presenting its character in a nuanced manner through their interactions with the environment and subtle gestures. The inclusions of Tachibana rearranging the shoes when entering the house, Kondou's choosing to eat the fast food that he bought instead of the omelette, and Yuto slightly spilling the tea as he poured into a glass were all extremely charming, and gave us more insight into these characters as people, rather than just figures placed in the story to progress the plot. Tachibana seeing the magic tricks book on Kondou's shelf and reflecting back tn the coffee creamer when she first fell for Kondou was also a really nice touch.

This show continues to surprise me every week that I come back to it, and I hope it keeps up its attention to detail and supreme directing. I would like to also mention that this show's uses its music and soundtrack sparingly, but to a very effect degree to heighten certain emotions in scenes. Some scenes have any background music or sounds purposely omitted to only having the character talking in order to heighten the feeling of tension and awkwardness, such as the final couple of minutes of this episode. I found this to be quite brilliant.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 9, 2018 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
Shes going to treasure that shirt for years to come.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 10, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2014
Kondou is still so funny lol. His kid is really likeable too.
Akira was jealous there in the end, although I think it was fun that Kondou managed to have a good conversation with the staff. Another relaxing and enjoyable episode
Feb 10, 2018 12:23 PM

Nov 2017
MaahHeim said:

The one thing that bothered me this episode was that I felt kinda bad that Tachibana was all jealous of the tenchou being happy with their coworkers. I mean, she was right that they should go back to work, I know how it feels, but at the same time she was super jealous and I thought she was a bit selfish since all the manager wanted was to be friendly with his employees. BUT tenchou's reaction, the blushing face and the "okay" made me think that he understood her feelings and actually didn't mind at all. Adorable. Ending felt a little out of place there, but anyway. Just give me more, this is too good.

I thought of this scene a little differently. While there might be a little jealousy in the "Mr. Kondo is mine" kinda way. Her last lines are what made it make sense. From the start she wanted to be the one there for him. there is the jealousy there but it just stems from her wanting that closer connection to him.

Imagine her writing that note to him with the things he needs for the hamster and thinking about it in her head on the way to work. She grows these thoughts and expectation and hopes that she can use this to stay close to him and learn more about him(expressed, boldly, earlier in the show). So she gets there, reaches for the note ready to throw herself in there(because courageous she does not lack). Then one coworker after another sweeps that rug underneath her since apparently everyone has had a hamster before. That twinge of pain that maybe she won't have what she hoped for.... Man if that isn't Relatable as hell.

I know you weren't complaining that hard just wanted to throw that thought out there, because I adore this show so far. Excellent writing and directing.
Feb 10, 2018 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
I felt like the ep was a bit to constructed. Especially the whole hiding in the closet thing. Also the staff going ham about the hamster seemed to be a bit over the top.
Feb 10, 2018 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
Bruneo said:
MaahHeim said:

The one thing that bothered me this episode was that I felt kinda bad that Tachibana was all jealous of the tenchou being happy with their coworkers. I mean, she was right that they should go back to work, I know how it feels, but at the same time she was super jealous and I thought she was a bit selfish since all the manager wanted was to be friendly with his employees. BUT tenchou's reaction, the blushing face and the "okay" made me think that he understood her feelings and actually didn't mind at all. Adorable. Ending felt a little out of place there, but anyway. Just give me more, this is too good.

I thought of this scene a little differently. While there might be a little jealousy in the "Mr. Kondo is mine" kinda way. Her last lines are what made it make sense. From the start she wanted to be the one there for him. there is the jealousy there but it just stems from her wanting that closer connection to him.

Imagine her writing that note to him with the things he needs for the hamster and thinking about it in her head on the way to work. She grows these thoughts and expectation and hopes that she can use this to stay close to him and learn more about him(expressed, boldly, earlier in the show). So she gets there, reaches for the note ready to throw herself in there(because courageous she does not lack). Then one coworker after another sweeps that rug underneath her since apparently everyone has had a hamster before. That twinge of pain that maybe she won't have what she hoped for.... Man if that isn't Relatable as hell.

I know you weren't complaining that hard just wanted to throw that thought out there, because I adore this show so far. Excellent writing and directing.

Hi! Yeah, I've been loving it as well, best show this season for me so far. And I get what you mean, I just didn't like the way she exploded when seeing he smiling and stuff, but yeah, as I said, acting selfish seems pretty normal, mostly in this case, when shes in love, hes not giving her the attention she wants, and this being a reason for her to get closer to him. Plus the fact that anyone was paying attention to their JOB because of the hamster. Damn, I guess I would be pissed too (maybe Id be too shy to explode, but thats not Tachibana's personality - which, honestly, its a great and refreshing thing). Aside from that, I really loved how we got to know more of Kondou's life, like, that he loves to read and things like that. If he wants to be a writer, I think Tachibana may somehow inspire him to do so and things like that... Anyway, thank you for sharing your point of view ♡ Let's hope for more Tachibana x Kondou momentsss. Tenchou blushed this time, I am optimistic about their relationship and all.
Feb 10, 2018 8:37 PM

May 2009
This episode had some really beautiful scenes again.
I feel like nothing really happened this time though.

@duderus Thank you for the beautiful gifs!

Feb 10, 2018 9:35 PM

Dec 2017
I will never get over how amazing the ending is. Aimer's voice is just so perfect for a series like this.

Feb 11, 2018 3:03 AM

May 2010
Whoa I am surprised people like Yuto, thought he was quite irritating. Oh well, not my favorite episode so far, found it a bit too over-the-top.
Feb 11, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Tachibana is definitely the type of girl you'd want to avoid getting into a relationship with....
Feb 11, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, this was so nice already in the manga, but Akira's beautifully animated eyes may just have made it even better in the anime. ^_^
Feb 11, 2018 8:39 PM
Jun 2017
TSUBU!!!! is the MVP of today's episode... gonna love how Mr. Kondou starting to be close to his co staff because of a HAMSTER!!!

ans what so more i like when Ms. tachibana staring to get angry because of other staffs becoming close to Mr. Kondo because of said hasmter!!!

GREAT EPISODE!!!
Feb 12, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2016
maan do i love this
Feb 13, 2018 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, normally I don't really like kids in anime but Yuuto is actually pretty great. Seeing him interact with Kondou was nice too. Akira certainly is getting to know him better ... well, through some interesting methods XD Seeing Kondou get all excited because of everyone else paying attention to him at work was pretty cute lol, even if it was just because of the hamster :P
Feb 14, 2018 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
Oh Man! Akira keeps getting more beautiful each passing episode! Tenchou is so lucky a very young beautiful girl is rightfully in love with him!
Tachibana finally invades the residence apato of Tenchou!
oh that Hamster so cute!
Sweating with blush Akira...she's so hot! literally HOT. on the 10:55 part she looks so damn hell sexy! and see-through wet back bra was hot as well!
Tachibana so happy because she's wearing the tshirt of Tenchou!
Yui is cute as well when she said smelly! lolz!
Tachibana can be scary strict as well!
5/5.

Feb 14, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting to discover the hidden sides of Kondo's character, just as it was surprising to see him in his private life, what a change! Amusing the second part of the narration, especially the reflection of Kondo on his way of relating to others. Akira proves even more jealous than I imagined. The narrative was dotted with so many little moments of romance, that cute!
Feb 16, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
So far so good )

Nothing special though.
But nice.
Feb 16, 2018 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as usual. Thought she would pass out in the closet.
Feb 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
The closet thing made sense to me because Yuto is a kid. He wanted to prank his dad, then forgot all about her (kids are easily distracted by food and such).

Also, people complaining about Tsubu and the reaction from the coworkers have clearly never been in a working environment where everyone forgets all about work because of someone's cat/dog/baby, lol.

That being said it was pretty dumb of Tachibana to agree to hide in a goddamn closet in the middle of summer. But since Kondo was coming, she got nervous and agreed to it in a panic, so I understand why it happened.

Anyway, GREAT episode, especially after the previous one which left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't stand that Kase fool.
Feb 20, 2018 8:51 PM

Dec 2008
I'm guessing Kondou-san smells like cigarette smoke and that's why Yui says he stinks.
Feb 22, 2018 11:31 AM
Dec 2017
It's weird hearing Sanji and Naruto together..
Feb 22, 2018 11:51 PM

Dec 2015
So the hamster took the spotlight , i just wonder how things gonna work out between them , the problem will be mainly from how society views them . Im absolutely gonna see the manga after the anime end
Feb 25, 2018 7:44 AM
Jun 2014
Farabeuf said:
I loved how she got jealous of the rest of the staff. They're pretty cute together.

I think it made her look like a really shitty character tbqh. This poor old guy has no connection to his staff, no friends aparantly and finally found a way to connect with them (even if just for the hamster) and there she bursts in and ruins it because of petty jealousy because she didn't get his full attention. NOT waifu material, that's for sure.
Feb 25, 2018 12:07 PM

Feb 2007
Stormen said:
Farabeuf said:
I loved how she got jealous of the rest of the staff. They're pretty cute together.

I think it made her look like a really shitty character tbqh. This poor old guy has no connection to his staff, no friends aparantly and finally found a way to connect with them (even if just for the hamster) and there she bursts in and ruins it because of petty jealousy because she didn't get his full attention. NOT waifu material, that's for sure.

While there may have been a bit of jealousy involved there, the main reason for her anger was the restaurant being left completely empty of any staff other than her, though. She was already angry, and with reason, before she found out why exactly she had been left alone there.
Feb 26, 2018 6:23 AM
Jun 2014
luinthoron said:
Stormen said:

While there may have been a bit of jealousy involved there, the main reason for her anger was the restaurant being left completely empty of any staff other than her, though. She was already angry, and with reason, before she found out why exactly she had been left alone there.

Had it been shown a scene where she struggled or stressed a bit in the restaurant before walking in on them, then i would believe that. After rewatching the scene, i still believe it was purely out of jealousy.
Mar 10, 2018 4:16 AM

Jan 2015
OMFG! This episode was so heartwarming! :D
Mar 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
So the kid lives with his mom. He wants his dad to keep Tsubu so he could visit more.

I like Kondo more than Akira. He doesn't take advantage of her. He's very kind, considerate, understanding, he can be dense and somewhat aloof but he's such a good guy. He's pure, friendly and despite being hurt by his divorce and all, he's a genuinely awesome guy. Akira can be bitchy, pushy and inconsiderate which makes me dislike her at times.

Akira got stupidly jealous again. I feel sorry for Kondo, he just wants to get along with his employees and have a nice conversation with them but Akira, the possessive bitch with a limp, couldn't handle that.
臭い-
Mar 18, 2018 8:39 PM

Apr 2015
So straightforward. Really refreshing actually. Makes the experience way more unique
Mar 24, 2018 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
Kid was cute when he showed everyone the hamster, when he said he wanted to visit his dad more, and when he had to apologize and was about to cry haha. Yuuto's a good kid.

Tsubu is Kondo's MVP
Tsubu >>>>> business books
Mar 29, 2018 3:12 AM

May 2010
So if Yuto came to the restuarant all by himself, why does he need Tachiabana to accompany him to his dad...? Plot hole!

I think this show would be better if it was focused on Yuto and his dad, tbh the kid is way more adorable and interesting than Tachibana.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 31, 2018 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
Thoughts so far: This is very engrossing, I think the visuals and character's expressiveness help with that. So far, the expressions of emotions from the characters are more interesting than any single aspect of the romance. Our old man has more character than Akira does, which might be on purpose? This is obviously written for a certain demographic, otherwise he'd be absolutely insufferable. Haruka is cute. Only complaint is that it feels scripted, no scene is unnecessary, which makes it hard to see Akira as a girl who does things other than being in love.
Apr 20, 2018 10:15 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Between the domestic feat and the hand of jealously over her coworkers. The episode seemed quite lax. A nice break.

Kondo break through that he never needed his business books ALL HE NEEDED WAS A HAMSTER. I died laughing.
Aug 9, 2018 9:15 PM

May 2012
Well that was quite lovely and fun, really loved that first part! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 17, 2018 1:21 AM

Aug 2017
An episode dedicated to Kondo's personal life. It was nice and there's some funny scenes lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
Lel now Tachibana's been into his house!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2019 1:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good and cute episode, Tachibana in the closet was fun, but not really for her lol
Jan 16, 2020 11:42 PM

Aug 2017
Fun and lively scene with manager and all the workers heheh.

Oh this is seinen and not shoujo, no wonder there are lots of good fanservice shots.
Sep 14, 2020 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Stormen said:
luinthoron said:

Had it been shown a scene where she struggled or stressed a bit in the restaurant before walking in on them, then i would believe that. After rewatching the scene, i still believe it was purely out of jealousy.

Yeah lol it has nothing to do with an empty restaurant. 😂 If that were the reason, then she (and the long-haired chef) would've have acted a bit more stressed -- not to mention the restaurant wasn't bustling or anything.

There's nothing to back that up as her reason for flipping out, whereas there was all the build-up in the restaurant with her getting interrupted, only for her to reach her limit when the whole staff was talking to him -- even though she wanted to be the one to give him hamster advice (hence the slip of paper she kept trying to give to the manager).

I thought the jealousy aspect would have made the reason for her outburst intuitive, lol.
Sep 14, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm… I like this show a lot but there’s so much wrong with it. Gahh. I just wasn’t a fan of the scene with her in the closet. I understand the son wanting to ‘surprise’ his dad, and she kind of went along with it, but WHY did she just SIT in the closet for like 5-10 minutes and not come out after that? What was she even waiting for? And the son is cute but come on m’man it’s like you forgot that Akira was even there. And then Akira just sat in there until she passed out from the heat. Not smart! I mean, she just sat in the closet until she PASSED OUT.
Why didn't she pop in after two minutes and say something like, "Did you already forget about me?" to the kid, and then inform that dad that she walked him to his house...

And the poor manager, dang, having to go to the laundromat after all of that. At least, Akira and the son came to pick him up with an umbrella.

And then later, DAMN why’d Akira have to rain on the manager’s parade like that. 😭 He was so happy talking to the other employees. Jealousy, sure, but she heard in the closet how sad the manager's life was. And his smiiiile, READ THE ROOM Akira.
Jan 31, 2021 1:42 AM
Apr 2020
"Yep, but it's alright because I breathe through my mouth when I speak to him" BRUHH IM FUCKING DEAD
Nov 18, 2022 11:24 PM

Oct 2022
It's the small things about this show that makes me come to like it. When Akira first came to his apartment, she took a look at everything with so much detail that the little dust particles are actually visible.
Jul 9, 2023 2:00 PM
Aug 2021
pretty sad stuffs ngl.
Cabbage_CatJul 9, 2023 2:14 PM
Sep 12, 2023 7:41 AM

Dec 2022
What a lovely episode, and we also got to know a little bit more about Kondou

Mar 27, 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
Miss Akira marking her territory .I loved the chemistry between tencho's son and her.
Jul 3, 6:39 PM
Dec 2019
Again, Tachibana being extremely rude and unpleasant to everyone around her and still somehow having friends/casual acquaintances is a borderline fantasy element of this series (and genre). If I worked with someone who screamed at people like that for having a laugh in the breakroom I would not have a high opinion of her.

I'm not quite sure why she chose to stay in the closet like that or why Yuuto went along with it. That scene was cute, I guess, but like someone else said it was very constructed and odd. Did she not realize she'd eventually have to get out?
Sep 25, 2:04 PM

Feb 2018
Wow, Tachibana is displaying more and more the traits of some sick f***. That last bit of her shooing all the other cooworkers for (finally) paying attention to their manager was just another red flag
34 years old ossan who still watches anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» We need more realistic romance animes like this

Bourriche - Sep 26

19 by Shanti_Einer »»
Oct 6, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

86 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

159 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

139 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 13, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.