Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
What a build up. This episode was a lot better. We've gotten 2 out of the 6 stories from the poster. I cannot wait to see the other stories they'll pick.
Jan 12, 2018 2:55 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely an improvement over episode 1, but I think the lack of detail in some shots took away some of the spook factor. The reason why Ito's works scared so many in the first place was that they were grossly overly detailed with the depiction of some of the monsters, utilizing body horror. -And that made it great. Unless a shot is equally as detailed, it doesn't impact you as much as the source material normally would have. However, I would argue this series is still a faithful adaptation so far.
I still have fairly high hopes for episode 3.

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Jan 12, 2018 3:05 PM
May 2017
the first story is a great absurd comedy bit... i enjoyed it quite a bit, actually.

Ito's sense of humor is twisted and pitch-black dark.
Jan 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
Damn. I think I have an abnormal fear of dreaming now.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 12, 2018 4:19 PM
Dec 2016
The animation is so bad it kinda ruined my enjoyment. Fashion model is not one of my favourites but i guess it's a nice piece, extremely cliché tho, and i'm not a fan or gore-ish stories, i prefer when Ito works with body horror, unsettling images and psychological horror more than just cliché gore
on the other hand, long dream has everything i love about his work, wasn't expecting an adaptation but enjoyed it

also, i may add that they are adapting just the same stories, which i appreciate a lot, but God i wish the animation was just a bit better

Jan 12, 2018 4:27 PM

Mar 2015
Loved it! Although I didn't really like the first half as much.

The second half was really interesting though.
woah there
Jan 12, 2018 5:31 PM

Jun 2013
holy crap this was much better than the first episode
Jan 12, 2018 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
I definitely prefer this episode more than the first one.
The first story was good even though it's not that scary. Fuchi is for sure creepy and also funny but that is probably the fault of the animators.
The second story is better because I wouldn't want to have an eternal dream that is just terrifying.
I hope the direction is like this for the rest of the series.
Jan 12, 2018 6:03 PM

Jun 2016
Both stories are good and creepy, the 1st is funny in a certain way, i laughed a lot with Iwasaki shitting in his pants all the time, but rightly coz Miss Fuchi is extremely scary and was hungry.

The 2nd gave me some goosebumps, the guy turning to dust because of long dreams really gave me chills and i got upset when the doc got insane and "treated" the woman with what caused the disease, what a bastard!

8/10
Jan 12, 2018 6:04 PM

Feb 2014
First one was great, as creepy as the manga counterpart, but the second one kinda lacked in the animation department, felt like I was watching a low budget ONA at a couple of points.
Jan 12, 2018 6:22 PM

Jun 2010
Better stories this week than the last. Fashion Model I like for being a pretty cheesy and dumb gore fest, but I've always found Long Dreams to be legitimately haunting. It's unfortunate that the anime cut out Tetsuro's description of being hunted for 10 years and other horrific nightmares to drive the point home, but I'm still pleased with the final product. Here's hoping the quality stories keep coming!

5/5.
Jan 12, 2018 6:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This is what I signed up for. Unlike the first episode, this was more creepy than humorous.

4/5
Jan 12, 2018 7:04 PM

Oct 2015
This episode sent chills down my spine, I think they're doing a pretty good job on the show's atmosphere
Jan 12, 2018 7:20 PM
皆の先生

Sep 2012
Did anyone else laugh when he came running into her room and she called him the grim reaper lmao
Jan 12, 2018 7:28 PM
Oct 2017
Maaaaan...

The budget-ass animation is killing the show for me. I'd rather just re-read the manga.

Edit: Like wtf is that??

Badman_ZJan 12, 2018 7:37 PM
Jan 12, 2018 8:39 PM
Apr 2009
JizzyHitler said:
Doomroar said:
Hell yeah! we got her! and we got Souichi on the previous episodes, so the chances of their son appearing are actually high this is awesome!
wasnt that story of odler souichi outright retconned as a dream? Though i wouldnt mind it still getting adapted cause souichi's kid is one of the most shocking visuals in ito's entire catalogue though it would remain to tell if the anime could capture how grotesque it is.
If by retconned you mean revealed, then yes.

And there's far more worse visuals than in Souichi's stuff.
Jan 12, 2018 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
dont think they did long dream justice tbh. shouldve stretched it out a whole ep, wouldve built up better
wow gay
Jan 13, 2018 12:00 AM

Sep 2013
I liked this episode a lot more than the first.
Jan 13, 2018 12:13 AM

Oct 2011
That woman's face omfg
Whoa long dreams was deep
Jan 13, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2014
This should've been the first episode. It would've made so many people pick it up.
Jan 13, 2018 4:23 AM

Jul 2016
This episode was actually very interesting. The first half was just a classic scary story but a genuinely creepy and thrilling one. The woman's face was really disturbing and nightmare-inducing but in my opinion, the second half was definitely the true nightmare of the episode. And also the best story so far in my opinion.
Besides creeping you out (which is the main intent of this stories) it actually makes you think a bit and imagine how it would be to have a neverending dream in real life.

The first episode didn't really particularly excited me about this series but this episode raised the bar and now I really want to watch next week's episode as soon as possible.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Jan 13, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2011
Holy shit, what a turnaround. I need my room fixed asap, this shit needs to be watched in a dark room at midnight.
Jan 13, 2018 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
After just two episodes of this atrocity I still can't grasp why people like this flaming trash heap.
Jan 13, 2018 6:15 AM

Dec 2016
Fucking hell! This episode is creepy particularly that Fashion Model..it remains in my mind until now..god DAMN! Loved it though. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 13, 2018 6:26 AM

Jul 2013
The new female titan is a fashion model huh.
Jan 13, 2018 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
n00b44 said:
After just two episodes of this atrocity I still can't grasp why people like this flaming trash heap.
because it's unique? Ito's works are on a whole new different level compared to others of the same genre and has his own style that makes his stories really unsettling and not particularly 'scary'. If you're up for it try reading some of his works or better yet read Uzumaki, his best work thus far. As for the anime, I don't really see anyone overhyping it with a score of 6.29 I don't think a lot liked this.
Jan 13, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 2015
EGOIST said:
n00b44 said:
because it's unique? Ito's works are on a whole new different level compared to others of the same genre and has his own style that makes his stories really unsettling and not particularly 'scary'. If you're up for it try reading some of his works or better yet read Uzumaki, his best work thus far. As for the anime, I don't really see anyone overhyping it with a score of 6.29 I don't think a lot liked this.

Unique? The only thing that's unique about it are these somewhat uncanny characters. The animation is quite poor and it reminds me a bit of Inferno Cop which is why I can't take it seriously, also the first episode with its poor humor hasn't helped at all. I have seen some of his work and I've liked it, however I believe that this was a quite poor adaptation of the original source. And I was mostly referring to people in threads on mal with their overwhelmingly positive responses for this show.
Jan 13, 2018 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
The first part was pretty lame but the second one managed to compensate...
Jan 13, 2018 7:32 AM

Aug 2012
n00b44 said:
EGOIST said:

Unique? The only thing that's unique about it are these somewhat uncanny characters. The animation is quite poor and it reminds me a bit of Inferno Cop which is why I can't take it seriously, also the first episode with its poor humor hasn't helped at all. I have seen some of his work and I've liked it, however I believe that this was a quite poor adaptation of the original source. And I was mostly referring to people in threads on mal with their overwhelmingly positive responses for this show.

The animation is bad, but the art is unique. For Deen standars this is good.
any way i like it.
Jan 13, 2018 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
n00b44 said:
EGOIST said:

I kinda agree with the animation being quite bad(low budget probably) but I think they nailed the atmosphere of the show which definitely adds up on how creepy the stories are.
Jan 13, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
That's why you don't starve your models, they come back to eat you :O

The second half was so unsettling D:

Jan 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Aug 2015
EGOIST said:
n00b44 said:

I kinda agree with the animation being quite bad(low budget probably) but I think they nailed the atmosphere of the show which definitely adds up on how creepy the stories are.

No, the atmosphere isn't creepy at all, a good example would be the scenery. The first half of the first story takes place in the city and instead of having grayish/depressingly gloomy colors to set the proper tone for the episode it has pretty normal background. The second part (when they go to the woods) of the first story was also a missed opportunity. the forest could've looked much more grimmer, they could've just threw the episode in window movie maker to add a gray filter and it would've looked better (do not quote me on that since I am not familiar with that piece of crap software). Thus far the show is solely relying on uncanny characters, but the actual screen time for each "spooky" character is under 5 minutes. The second story is just as bad as the first one, if not worse, they should've expanded more on the topic instead of just having a half assed buildup to show "spooky" images.
Jan 13, 2018 9:22 AM

Oct 2015
n00b44 said:
EGOIST said:

No, the atmosphere isn't creepy at all, a good example would be the scenery. The first half of the first story takes place in the city and instead of having grayish/depressingly gloomy colors to set the proper tone for the episode it has pretty normal background. The second part (when they go to the woods) of the first story was also a missed opportunity. the forest could've looked much more grimmer, they could've just threw the episode in window movie maker to add a gray filter and it would've looked better (do not quote me on that since I am not familiar with that piece of crap software). Thus far the show is solely relying on uncanny characters, but the actual screen time for each "spooky" character is under 5 minutes. The second story is just as bad as the first one, if not worse, they should've expanded more on the topic instead of just having a half assed buildup to show "spooky" images.
well I guess it's a matter of having different opinions at this point and what I meant was that the ost added a more creepy atmosphere to the stories despite having lackluster art/animation (this is my opinion, you're free to disagree)
Jan 13, 2018 9:45 AM
Sep 2016
One of the worse shows of the season I've seen so far.. At least Violet Evergarden met some of its hype.. This is just.. bleh
1.1.Six
Jan 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
The never ending dreams part was interesting but also kinda meh, the animation felt awkward
Jan 13, 2018 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
Here's how I know the show was doing it's job: I watched this in a pretty well lit room (admittedly still by myself) and at one point my phone suddenly vibrated and I jumped. With regards to it getting me on edge, mission accomplished
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jan 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this episode, particularly the first story.
Jan 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
But where was the first story's end. Did he eat the guy or nah? ><
Jan 13, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
First part was pretty funny.
Second part was great.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Jul 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Doomroar said:
Hell yeah! we got her! and we got Souichi on the previous episodes, so the chances of their son appearing are actually high this is awesome!
wasnt that story of odler souichi outright retconned as a dream? Though i wouldnt mind it still getting adapted cause souichi's kid is one of the most shocking visuals in ito's entire catalogue though it would remain to tell if the anime could capture how grotesque it is.

See that's the thing i don't think there's a way the anime could do the kid justice, but that's like their final quest, if they make it right they will go down in history, if not then they will live in shame for fucking up and it is better if they didn't cover it.
Jan 13, 2018 1:21 PM

May 2012
This episode is better than 1st episode. But it still a mediocre show
Jan 13, 2018 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
EGOIST said:
n00b44 said:

The animation may be intentionally dull/sloppy to go along with the horror vibe just like Yami Shibai
Jan 13, 2018 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
the animation becomes worse and worse, now it seems a static series without good music and with a dark drawing, which does not even reach the mastery of Junji Ito.
Really disappointing adaptation.
Jan 13, 2018 2:21 PM

May 2012
Yes i wanted Long Dream to be animated. It's one of my favorite stories from Ito.

I have to say though that they left some substantial parts out. He didn't talk about his nightmares, how he lived 10 years running away in the jungle or how he had to search for 8 years for a toilet that didn't exist.

I also hope we don't see other episodes with Souchi. I hate his character and only the first story he appeared (where Fuchi appeared too) was really good. I liked some other of his stories, but i still hate him.

It's was good nonetheless, but i advise people who like this to go read the mangas.
KaeUBWJan 13, 2018 2:26 PM
I despise woke people.
Jan 13, 2018 5:10 PM

Dec 2010
Now that was something to meet my expectations.

First segment - typical B horror story made right. People are complaining that the scenery was normal? The best part of it. It was just like a normal day but with a hungry monster.

I am wondering - if they let her act, maybe she wont eat them? After all she was a model so there are some people that gave her appreciation - she was in a magazine after all. That would be twisted : )

Second segment - awesome. Simply awesome. Truly terryfing and the ending was kinda poetic. Real horror - a problem with no remedium. Great story, want more.

People complaining about animation and art style - is that really that important in a twisted, grotesque horror anime? I will never understand this problems.
Jan 13, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
Yes it is a problem and I'm not sure what part about it was "twisted" nor do I see how can it be considered as a horror, above all it should be considered as a comedy, a bad one.
Jan 13, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
Well, well. This episode was slightly better than the first one. First half was far from horror though. With the facial expressions and design, it looked funny than scary. The 2nd half was more interesting and creepy.
Jan 13, 2018 9:42 PM

Mar 2017
Horrorreader91 said:
While each minute passed in the episode I had an image pop in my head of a building full of expressionless people working on this anime. My god, it has zero passion.

What makes you say that? Just wondering as I found it really entertaining though I haven't read the manga if that has anything to do with it.
Jan 13, 2018 10:04 PM
Dec 2017
It's better than the first episode in terms of creepiness. I got a few laughs out of it too which is cool. Both parts of this episode were good but I think I prefer the first part over the second.
Jan 13, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2008
Another very creepy terrifying episode!
1st part was more scarier than the endless dream part 2.
4/5.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDE

Andru230 - May 12

4 by Andru230 »»
May 15, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

86 by Andru230 »»
May 12, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

93 by Cyberdre4ms »»
Apr 30, 4:01 PM

» Is the blu ray version better?

Andru230 - Mar 27

2 by Andru230 »»
Apr 15, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2018

238 by Moxymoxymo »»
Mar 22, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.