Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2017 12:38 AM

Sep 2016
Ghostfreak said:
Fluggyboi said:
i mean who could imagine what one is capable of if one had this kind of power and get bored or curious about these kind of things...
I think I would be doing the same thing if I were him.

hehe you there

i like you
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Oct 21, 2017 12:56 AM
Aug 2017
There goes somebody who won't be able to see the dawn of the new age and the greatest treasure
Oct 21, 2017 1:03 AM
Aug 2017
iorn said:
I think the family deserved what they got. After all their father does weird shit with his son in the tub and their daughter's favorite manga are one piece and attack on titan.

I get that one piece is a good manga but it better not be your god damn favorite when shit like hunter x hunter, jojo, and beserk exist e-e....

Seriously though....When the fuck has one piece had feels after the timeskip e-e...?

Spoiler warning.

When Corazon died after preventing Law's crying to be heard by the Donquixote family.
Oct 21, 2017 1:07 AM

Sep 2016
No Hiro didn't kill them for fun. He killed them because he wanted to see if he could feel for a stranger in the same way he was able to feel for the characters in the manga's he reads.

I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 21, 2017 1:12 AM

Sep 2016
Andrew_G_Dragon said:
iorn said:
I think the family deserved what they got. After all their father does weird shit with his son in the tub and their daughter's favorite manga are one piece and attack on titan.

I get that one piece is a good manga but it better not be your god damn favorite when shit like hunter x hunter, jojo, and beserk exist e-e....

Seriously though....When the fuck has one piece had feels after the timeskip e-e...?

Spoiler warning.

When Corazon died after preventing Law's crying to be heard by the Donquixote family.

You know Corazon is a man who burned down several hospital's right? Most of which most-likely had sick, elderly and, injured people in them... He was nothing short of fucking insane.

"Well shit my friend was insulted by these three people Herp de der better burn down the building and fuck everyoneee over."
88shotgunOct 21, 2017 1:16 AM
I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 21, 2017 1:17 AM

Mar 2013
GangsterCat said:
these voice actors are awful, especially our main chara inuyashiki and not-Kurono.
I actually found the voice of Not-Kurono very realistic. But I can see why nips hate that. Seiyuu are gods there. They wanted a more realistic impact for this anime so they picked real actors for the parts
Oct 21, 2017 1:22 AM

Mar 2009
lol at the Gantz conversation. Poor Oku.

Knew this had to get absolutely brutal eventually. It's Oku, after all.
Moral of the story: stay away from One Piece fans.
Oct 21, 2017 1:31 AM

Mar 2013
simo796 said:
this is not dark and disturbing at all,i laughed when he started to kill people with Bang and i hope they change the ending because it's shit and predictable.
Bokurano and Made in abyss are dark and disturbing not this.
Made in Abyss is dark like Bokurano and Narutaru? Really?

Farabeuf said:
They are adapting this well. Not pulling any punches at all. They really showed the death of the family in all of its disturbing infamy.

I hope to see the yakuza's arc with no censures
Oct 21, 2017 2:35 AM

Dec 2015
MonoJuMal said:

Inuyashiki and Gantz are written by the same mangaka.

Ya, noticed it after I looked into the source. No wonder why the second episode turns out like this. Hoping we don't end up with "Human have no value" thing.
Oct 21, 2017 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
This anime feels pretty meta to me. Awesomely meta.
Oct 21, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2012
The MC and antagonist seyuus are really bad... In the MC case I could let it slide, since his old and maybe it kind of fits but the antagonist it's just really bad. I don't get why all the side characters have better seyuus than the protagonists.
Oct 21, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2012
iorn said:

When Hunter x Hunter has spent more time in hiatus then serializing, Jojo was a 10 but just straight up is getting shittier it doesn't even makes sense anymore... Berserk is a Seinen man!? And die hard fans are bitching about it turning to shounen.
Oct 21, 2017 6:15 AM
Jun 2014
I love Hiro!! He is sooo awesome!
Oct 21, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
GangsterCat said:
Savajho said:

Seriously there's a difference between actual bad voice acting and just not overacting like in 99% of anime ,

exactly, and this is belong to bad category
Meh i don't agree, i like how the voices sound natural. They should do that way more in anime.
Give a example why the voice acting is suppose to be bad.
Oct 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2014
That escalated quickly.... erm... I'm not sure what to think. It will depend of how they decide to resolve this.

Snaita said:
The MC and antagonist seyuus are really bad... In the MC case I could let it slide, since his old and maybe it kind of fits but the antagonist it's just really bad. I don't get why all the side characters have better seyuus than the protagonists.

I think we're just too used to over-exaggerated emotion in characters. I think it's fine because he's an unfeeling psychopath, with no real feelings running through him as he did what he did.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 21, 2017 7:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the children death was horrible!!!
Oct 21, 2017 8:05 AM
Oct 2017
I knew this Anime had somthing Familiar... than i noticed the "Gantz" Poster on the Wall and evrithing was clear.
Nice Work Hiroya Oku! ;)
Oct 21, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2017
This has quickly become my top priority anime this season.

Oct 21, 2017 9:07 AM
Sep 2014
What a violent anime. I like it
Oct 21, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 2016
iorn said:
No Hiro didn't kill them for fun. He killed them because he wanted to see if he could feel for a stranger in the same way he was able to feel for the characters in the manga's he reads.

But he feels alive when he kills and he's been doing it for awhile now. He mentioned to his friend that a bunch of people have already died and joking accused his friend of doing it. His friend didn't, but after this episode we know that Hiro did.

Plus he killed people during that traffic orchestra.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 21, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
I'm literally about to start watching this show because I saw the part on Twitter where some chick was like "Are my parents really dead?" and the villain (apparently?) was like "Who cares? We were talking about One Piece."

I'm sure it's less funny in context but I was dying
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 21, 2017 12:11 PM

Aug 2015
Wow... I was not expecting that. I look forward to seeing the villain develop. I hope this turns into a series of violent mind games between him and the old man.
Oct 21, 2017 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
I forgot how brutal the manga is. Seeing this animated made me feel sick.
Oct 21, 2017 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
phantomfandom said:
I think the villain is not evil enough, if he's gonna kill the kid he has to give that kid a hope first and then kill him like Caster from Fate/Zero. Overall I'm disappoint in the villain's insufficient evil but I'll continue to watch just in case there's more evil villain than him.

You do realise he is not 'evil' right. He is not lacking in 'good'.

He is a total sociopath however.
Oct 21, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2014
Shishigami needs to chill tf out, my lord. At this rate, the whole government is gonna be after his ass.
I like him though- he's freaky in that same way psychos like Yoshikage Kira are; a complete sicko, but totally fascinating to watch at the same time, and I can kind of understand at least some of his thoughts even though I don't agree with 99.9% of what he does.
What makes villains like this so great is that there's nothing there- not even a real sense of enjoyment in the chaos he's creating. He's just doing it for feel anything, and you can't bargain with people like that.
And that whole spinning around in the middle of the street to decide who to murder was hilarious in the creepiest way. He's a good villain so far imo and I'm interested in seeing some more of him!

Those One Piece references too though XD

Also he's called Hiro, and I know it doesn't hold any similarity in meaning to the word "hero"...but c'mon that has to be some intentional irony there.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
BurningSpirit said:

I think we're just too used to over-exaggerated emotion in characters. I think it's fine because he's an unfeeling psychopath, with no real feelings running through him as he did what he did.

Nah I'm not saying that he should have more emotion, I'm saying that he doesn't do a good job with this character. There's so many characters without feelings and emotions portrayed by really good seyuus, like the antagonist from Monster and this one just doesn't hold a candle...
Oct 21, 2017 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
@Snaita

As was pointed out before in this thread: it was intended, to make characters appear more real, thus natural, by having them be voiced by non-professional VAs.

But yeah, obviously it won't please everyone.
Oct 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
Rehls said:
@Snaita

As was pointed out before in this thread: it was intended, to make characters appear more real, thus natural, by having them be voiced by non-professional VAs.

But yeah, obviously it won't please everyone.

Yeah I read that before, but still I feel they are unnatural, maybe it's because of the contrast of the non-professional and professional seyuus.
Oct 21, 2017 7:24 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely the best OP in 2017 but.... Hahahaha oh dear oh dear oh dear.... Hiro, what have they done with his seiyuu? All his mysterious Light-Yagami-like charisma instantly vanished after hearing that voice >_<

Prim3Oct 21, 2017 7:37 PM
~
Oct 21, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2014
What the hell. I wasn't expecting a literal bloodbath. Ayyyy.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 21, 2017 8:22 PM

Oct 2012
Touka__Kirishima said:
Definitely the best OP in 2017 but.... Hahahaha oh dear oh dear oh dear.... Hiro, what have they done with his seiyuu? All his mysterious Light-Yagami-like charisma instantly vanished after hearing that voice >_<

To be fair, this is the kind of plot that would probably go over better in animation rather than in manga form. Unless a lot of people are purposefully low-balling it because they're used to Oku's shit, I'd expect to see it even out about where its at right now, or ~8.0. The next few episodes have content that'll probably raise the rating still.

Then again, people tend to low ball shit with gore and edge, and high ball melodramatic cry bait.
Oct 21, 2017 9:10 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, Hiro's a pretty fucked up dude. This is what i reckon would happen 7/10 times if these powers were granted to some random teenager. He's got a fuckall attitude for life. Pretty sickening that he just chooses a house by random to raid so he can tickle his feelings.
Oct 21, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
Touka__Kirishima said:

To be fair, this is the kind of plot that would probably go over better in animation rather than in manga form. Unless a lot of people are purposefully low-balling it because they're used to Oku's shit, I'd expect to see it even out about where its at right now, or ~8.0. The next few episodes have content that'll probably raise the rating still.

Then again, people tend to low ball shit with gore and edge, and high ball melodramatic cry bait.

I'm not just commenting about the bloodbath, manga itself was an easy 8 at this point honestly got better. These scenes are confronting but still play a role in char development.

I'm referring to 3/4 of the way through where Oku starts choking with the plot.
~
Oct 21, 2017 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
Touka__Kirishima said:
FontSize72LOL said:

I'm not just commenting about the bloodbath, manga itself was an easy 8 at this point honestly got better. These scenes are confronting but still play a role in char development.

I know, I was just saying that it'll likely shoot up a bit around the middle, and then when it hits a certain point, It'll probably stablize to around where it is now, if not slightly higher. My main comment was that this kind of manga/story is better done via animation than manga. Plus in an adaption, there can be supplimental details added to smooth the transition between scenes if they want to. At the very least, I'm sure the adaption will have a higher rating than the source material.

At the very least there are still several good scenes to be adapted comming up so i'm interested to see how the reception changes.
Oct 21, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
Touka__Kirishima said:

I know, I was just saying that it'll likely shoot up a bit around the middle, and then when it hits a certain point, It'll probably stablize to around where it is now, if not slightly higher. My main comment was that this kind of manga/story is better done via animation than manga. Plus in an adaption, there can be supplimental details added to smooth the transition between scenes if they want to. At the very least, I'm sure the adaption will have a higher rating than the source material.

At the very least there are still several good scenes to be adapted comming up so i'm interested to see how the reception changes.

I agree with you, despite being secondary to the plot, I honestly couldn't be happier with what MAPPA has done - even Garo is beautiful.
~
Oct 22, 2017 1:15 AM

Aug 2011
i honestly couldnt take this episode seriously. the antagonist seems so laughable and my predictions are that he'll be yet another villain whose actions are justified by "hehe its fun.. like a game" more child-like references etc etc. i also understand why theyre going with the realistic seiyuus but on top of the god-awful visuals and already disturbing events this whole show is just so off-putting to me.

only watching currently to see inuyashiki challenge shishigami's moral values and hopefully get some sense of character out of him at all. until then he's just gonna be as irritating as tomura in bnha.
Oct 22, 2017 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
Fluggyboi said:
Ghostfreak said:
I think I would be doing the same thing if I were him.

hehe you there

i like you

Insanely disturbing
Oct 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2017
I hate Hiro. It's only episode two and I've never hated an anime character more. I despise that sociopath.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2017
IZEROII said:
Fluggyboi said:

hehe you there

i like you

Insanely disturbing

I agree. Anyone who would do this should seek mental help.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 22, 2017 4:12 AM

Feb 2017
phantomfandom said:
I think the villain is not evil enough, if he's gonna kill the kid he has to give that kid a hope first and then kill him like Caster from Fate/Zero. Overall I'm disappoint in the villain's insufficient evil but I'll continue to watch just in case there's more evil villain than him.

There's no such thing as "evil." Sociopathy, on the other hand, is very much real.

Oct 22, 2017 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
The character Hiro seems like a not-so-subtle jab at otaku. One Piece brings tears to his eyes, and yet he feels nothing for people, and has no qualms with ruthlessly killing them. He's totally detached from reality.

The fucking savagery in the second half was a difficult to watch.

4/5
Oct 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
so that's where the quote i saw came from, the "we're still talking about one piece." at the time, i didn't get it but now it's somewhat hilarious. zoro though lmaooo. if the last episode was great, this was amazing! WOW! i was really put off by the tv's in the store, so much so that i stopped the episode only a minute after but i came back to it because i decided... "well, i'm already half-way in so.." and i'm so glad i did. the son drowning under his father's weight in a tub of blood, metal i say, metal.
love it at all, the murders too. it was exciting. how fun! 11 episodes huh, that's kinda sad and i usually never feel bad about 11 episodes; more like a relief. as i can't finish a lot of series i start.
Oct 22, 2017 11:52 AM

Aug 2015
Magnificent opening. Great ending. What a great plot, what a heavy episode! Surprised me. Funny. So, what still disturbs me is this CGI...
Oct 22, 2017 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
Finally anime with some balls. I'm tired of seeing the same old cliché crap.

This is truly refreshing. I really enjoy this anime so far. I have high hopes.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Oct 22, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
The man sure loves his One Piece.
But... wow, dude's a psycho. Just walks in on some random strangers and kills them.

LOL old dude was waiting behind the bus! Can't break no traffic laws now.
Oct 22, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2015
Wtf. I don't know what to say lmao.
Can't hate him if he likes One Piece, though. Really hope there're more references throughout the series but I've got a feeling that'll be it.
Oct 22, 2017 7:37 PM

Jun 2017
Bang
Nice episode
Oct 23, 2017 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if this guy has any goals aside from just killing people.
Oct 23, 2017 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
Ivoria said:
phantomfandom said:

There's no such thing as "evil." Sociopathy, on the other hand, is very much real.

Think of 'evil' as very selfish/inconsiderate. It is to take but not give in return...something proportionately valuable.
Oct 23, 2017 3:04 AM

Feb 2017
Rehls said:
Ivoria said:

Think of 'evil' as very selfish/inconsiderate. It is to take but not give in return...something proportionately valuable.

The concept of evil is reliant on culture, as various societies perceive it differently. It's something we created to describe what we view as immoral and hadn't existed before we'd made it. It also doesn't exist among other species on Earth, thus furthering its position as man-made and man-made only.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2017

236 by cherpa420 »»
Sep 20, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

397 by jmonty909 »»
Sep 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jul 24, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

205 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jul 24, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

174 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jul 24, 8:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.