Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Aug 2016
lona_catee said:
JFuji said:
So because you deem Pingu not worthy of a top anime spot, you want to sabotage with a 1 rating?

Why do you care so much about the top anime ranking? Gintama being listed like 4 times isn't enough for you to realize that the top anime list is a joke and doesn't mean anything?
You are the joke for thinking an anime that is amazing should be lower just because you did not like it. I watched it, liked it, I cried , I laughed, I was left empty after each season was over. I rarely rate an anime so high. Only the animes that hit me with feels so hard I was not able to move on for a while after. FMAB left me with one strong feeling and Tokyo magnitude left me with drained out tears for more than half the short series. Not many animes out there can move someone's soul from the core. and gintama was able to make me laugh until my stomach hurt while I am the one who is trying to fake laughs to keep on living.
It made me cry my heart out and forget about my shitty problems because I was living in it with them. You cannot capture me that easily and Gintama did

LOL. Not once have I ever talked shit about Gintama. The only thing remotely negative I've ever said was that a lot of people found it unfunny and dropped it. Which is backed up by stats. I haven't watched it enough to form an opinion. My post was saying it's a joke that the top anime list can be manipulated so easily that low member count animes like Gintama are allowed to be there multiple times. Thus, who cares if a claymation Penguin show is there?
Oct 10, 2017 8:19 PM

Nov 2015
OP (+ everyone against Pingu) is philistine.

I don't particularly see the problem with the whole thing. It's annoying at worst and a good chuckle at best.
YabusameNov 3, 2017 12:15 PM
Oct 10, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2009
What a fucking madhouse . . . This is almost as bad as if they were to put Corey in the House on MAL.

You people are all insane, make it stop! There has to be a limit of how much of meme lemmings a bunch of retards on the internet can be . . .

YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING SERIOUSLY ABOUT CLAYMATION BULLSHIT, GIVE YOUR HEADS A SHAKE.

Whoever added this was obviously rolling for memes, and the only people who givea shit rate it 10/10 because they think it's funny or because it's "cool" to do so. Rate it seriously, or make it go because it's just being cancer.

Independent thoughts, do you have them?
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 10, 2017 10:17 PM
Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:
What a fucking madhouse . . . This is almost as bad as if they were to put Corey in the House on MAL.

You people are all insane, make it stop! There has to be a limit of how much of meme lemmings a bunch of retards on the internet can be . . .

YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING SERIOUSLY ABOUT CLAYMATION BULLSHIT, GIVE YOUR HEADS A SHAKE.

Whoever added this was obviously rolling for memes, and the only people who givea shit rate it 10/10 because they think it's funny or because it's "cool" to do so. Rate it seriously, or make it go because it's just being cancer.

Independent thoughts, do you have them?

I watched the first episode, and thought it was great for what it is. So I gave it a 10/10 for what it is. Not because it was funny or trendy, but because I legitimately enjoyed it.
Also this is CG not claymation.
Oct 10, 2017 10:42 PM

Jul 2017
Shirosune said:
I'm calling it now, Pingu will be the top anime of 2017
Nah, all the Gintama and FMAB fangays will downvote this to oblivion

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 10, 2017 11:24 PM

Mar 2016
I'm just grabbing popcorn here...
Who cares about top anime in mal while I have my own favourite list.

Many comment that make my day
Continue...

Oct 10, 2017 11:37 PM
Oct 2015
Well on the bright side it's rating is slowly going down
Heckle was here...
Oct 10, 2017 11:52 PM

Sep 2017
Why are you trying hard about numbers? This site was never perfect to begin with. There is even profile page about Adolf Hitler..
Oct 11, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2015
GenesisAria said:

i love shirokuma cafe, hence why i love this... and TBF, i also love shaun the sheep soo freaking much, the only cartoon series i buy it's official merchendise (also larva, but it's toilet humour slapstick)... this is really well made cgi that even make confuse people like you, and the story is simply fun...

lona_catee said:
To anyone that accuses Gintama fans of being unreasonable with votes. if you check Gintama's votes you will find for sure plenty of 1 votes for it form haters who will not know even who any of the sub characters are. They just ride on the hate train and they cannot stand to see a series that deserves to be rated highly because it is better than their favorite questionable show. Get your facts straight and without being judgemental if you are not grownup enough Gintama is not for you so stay away form it.

you are not real gintama fans if you not join the NOOT NOOT!
KumaOct 11, 2017 6:17 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 11, 2017 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
Are you this upset over some anime
Oct 11, 2017 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:
GenesisAria said:

i love shirokuma cafe, hence why i love this... and TBF, i also love shaun the sheep soo freaking much, the only cartoon series i buy it's official merchendise (also larva, but it's toilet humour slapstick)... this is really well made cgi that even make confuse people like you, and the story is simply fun...

lona_catee said:
To anyone that accuses Gintama fans of being unreasonable with votes. if you check Gintama's votes you will find for sure plenty of 1 votes for it form haters who will not know even who any of the sub characters are. They just ride on the hate train and they cannot stand to see a series that deserves to be rated highly because it is better than their favorite questionable show. Get your facts straight and without being judgemental if you are not grownup enough Gintama is not for you so stay away form it.

you are not real gintama fans if you not join the NOOT NOOT!
i would join it if it had a message and i had considered it but it is too ugly to be on my list i dont want to see it whenever i check my list
Oct 11, 2017 8:09 AM

May 2014
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pingu in the City. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Pingu's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pingu in the City truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Pingu's existential catchphrase "NOOT NOOT," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Naomi Iwata's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Pingu in the City tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Oct 11, 2017 9:49 AM

Sep 2017
Pingu haters getting cringiest and cringiest as far as this topic goes, making 20 posts crying about how Pingu is destroying MAL because of a ranking system that doesn't make sense in the first place

gotta love this website
Oct 11, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
I agree with OP... the people that are giving this piece of trash a 10/10 are Internet trolls, as simple as that. In a few months no one will even remember it.
Oct 11, 2017 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
So, I watched the first episode for fun, but now I'm too afraid to drop a score at it, because I just wanted to watch the war...
Oct 15, 2017 8:32 AM

Sep 2017
-Melancholy- said:
YaoiLucky said:

But thats just common knowledge. I don't need to be some anime expert to know that you shouldn't get salty over an anime rank. And @Melanchony stop acting so high and mighty. You yourself have less hours on anime than me. But I'm not trying to say that I'm superior to you.

I could care less about how much anime you've watched.

I'm talking about how much time you've spent on MAL and talking to people on these forums. I can see your age on your account, and you're just a kid, so I'm not going to try and win in a verbal debate with you - just saying, don't toot your own horn at something you can barely understand. You're just another child supporting memes, and that's great, but I also find it really hard to take people like you seriously.

Sure. Thanks for the profile view.
Yaoi Lucky
Oct 15, 2017 6:18 PM

Mar 2017
YaoiLucky said:
-Melancholy- said:

I could care less about how much anime you've watched.

I'm talking about how much time you've spent on MAL and talking to people on these forums. I can see your age on your account, and you're just a kid, so I'm not going to try and win in a verbal debate with you - just saying, don't toot your own horn at something you can barely understand. You're just another child supporting memes, and that's great, but I also find it really hard to take people like you seriously.

Wow, that was a little late.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one, shall we?

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 15, 2017 7:36 PM
Jul 2017
I mean, if you can't beat em, join em. Freedom of speech amirite?
I love how this forum went from people to talking about Pingu is my City to people fighting over whether or not Gintama and AoT is actually good, Shitposters finding that people are taking this seriously hilarious and add even more shit to this landfill of a forum, people trashing on the MAL rating system, and people saying that age dictates what you're like and being young means your opinion shouldn't be heard and that they're way smarter than them even though they're probably under 30 and are only like 8-15 years older than the people they're calling "kids."

Besides I feel if you really were serious you'd realize IT'S FUCKING PINGU AND GET TF OVER IT.
WeebWithNoNameOct 15, 2017 8:02 PM
Oct 16, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2017
-Melancholy- said:
YaoiLucky said:

Wow, that was a little late.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one, shall we?

Sure. Whatever you say...
Yaoi Lucky
Oct 17, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2017
No matter what meme is in the way, my love for pingu will stay.
Yaoi Lucky
Oct 17, 2017 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
why do you care what an anime's rating is in the first place
Oct 17, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
I always thought ratings are a very personal thing which reflect one's own feeling about a show. I think there doesn't exist some thing as "objective rating" anyway. Well, at least not completely. I honestly don't care how others rate shows or how they think I rated them. All ratings reflect my own emotional response to the series watched and thats what art is about at the end.

Therefore, it is quite dishonest to give Pingu only a 10/10 because it is so "funny". And of course it is bad to rate it 1/10 for similar reasons. Give this series a honest 10/10 if it is really nostalgic and emotional satisfactory for you.

I think I'll give it a try after it has finished airing and this whole inane meme insanity has stopped. My own rating prediction for this series would be somewhere between 5 and 7. But I shall see.
Oct 18, 2017 4:13 AM

Oct 2016
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! The OP obviously doesn't understand the intricacies of the well crafted and beautiful plot that is 'Pingu in the City'. Simply put he is an ignoramus.

noot noot
Oct 18, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2016
Why some users that wrote troll review about this anime are always have only a few anime in their list if it's not just only Pingu ?

Beside, why do fanatics always throw hate at any person that criticize Pingu ? saying that they don't have good taste or the animes they love are shit and so on. If the op don't like trolls and say what he think (even if you don't agree with him), why do people both saying that he should let people do whatever they want and being harsh at the same time on him ?

Also, Pingu is better rated than Monster, Madoka, Envangelion and so many other qualified by people as "good" anime. That's curious.
AkumaHomuOct 18, 2017 7:08 AM
Oct 18, 2017 8:23 AM

Mar 2014
2017, the year when people get offended over PINGU. GROW SOME BALLS OP.
Oct 18, 2017 10:46 AM
Aug 2017
AyumiVk said:
I've been reading comments from people who give it a 10/10 and i can say the majority of them is trolling (as expected). Those people must think it is only supposed to be something funny or they just want to annoy/trigger others.
Well then, i am annoyed because there are a LOT of other animes better than this(i understand there are different opinions ofc but this does not apply here since there are plenty of trolls), and yes i have seen more than half of the first episode so don't come say i didn't even watch it or that i don't have good taste because everyone likes what they want.
To be honest i don't even know why i am doing this topic because i will certainly be attacked by childish people but gosh.. i admit it would be funny if this was just for a day or so but it seems it will continue for a while and seeing Pingu in the City everytime i open MAL makes me remember all of this too.
I had to get it out of my chest, thank you.

(this is the first time i ever give a 1/10 because i wanted to lower an anime's score, i am even feeling bad right now but well giving it a 10/10 bc trolling it's as bad as this) Also i am a serious person and i can't find this funny at all even i want or try, don't come and say i am the one being childish or that if i don't like it then i have to ignore because it's almost impossible.

Your profile pic is eren, your opinion therefore won't count.
Oct 20, 2017 1:58 AM

Mar 2014
Congratulations OP, do you want me to pat you on the back?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 20, 2017 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Congratulations OP, do you want me to pat you on the back?

Can you pat me on the back love? ;-;
Oct 20, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
lol op is your life really that sad?
Oct 25, 2017 4:53 AM

May 2016
I was annoyed af from all the Cory in the house memes and now I have this garbage to worry about. Thanks a lot internet
Oct 25, 2017 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
I think I might've given a bad score to Bananya. If Pingu in the city is top 100 Bananya should be #1.
Dec 18, 2017 5:11 AM

Mar 2014
OP said:
Maybe you should actually watch it and see how much of a masterpiece it really.

This show is on another level with the plot twists and backstory connections it is actually mind blowing how they pulled it off.

I totally agree on that! It's great how they are able to get this back on the original level. Quality anime. <3

YaBoyDoti said:
It's so funny to see the weebs triggered cuz their precious overrated garbage is getting overshadowed by Motherfucking Pingu.
Hahahaha. xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2017 6:00 PM

Dec 2017
Pingu is the harambe of the anime trolls. Unfunny and unoriginal. Tried so much to be the next Cory in The House but ultimately isn't funny.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Dec 21, 2017 7:42 AM
Oct 2016
Well you can still trust MyAnimeList right? The fact that there is only one joke in the top 200 makes the site still quite a good review source. The fact that as of the writing of this message, Pingu in the City is still above works like most of JoJo's, the first season of My Hero Academia and Stand Alone Complex doesn't make those works any worse and Pingu in the City any better. If the top 100 is overrun by jokes I would be concerned and look for another way to find good anime.
Dec 21, 2017 8:24 PM

Jun 2016
So i came to read all the replies because i couldn't even get myself to before and gosh, so many people attacking me by saying AoT is shit and even gave it a 1/10 too, you know.. i don't care about that. It's your opinion and i respect it, everyone has the right to have their own. The thing here is that i made this thread directed to the trolls giving it a 10/10 and not the people who really enjoy pingu(that are the minority). Attacking Eren won't make me mad too ._. Again, we have different opinions and that's fine.
For the people saying i'm the one childish for giving it a 1/10: I wouldn't have given that if there weren't people giving it a 10/10, as we say in my language - "Quem semeia ventos colhe tempestades." or in english, "For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind."
And yes i am aware it isn't any better but i have the right to do so, i was not the one who started this shit.
Dec 22, 2017 8:07 PM

Feb 2012
Eu não sei pq as pessoas ficaram tão incomodadas por isso. O que deveria te importar é tua nota pessoal e não a nota do top.
Dec 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Apr 2017
Yohaku said:
Eu não sei pq as pessoas ficaram tão incomodadas por isso. O que deveria te importar é tua nota pessoal e não a nota do top.

La verdad yo tampoco entiendo porque les molesta tanto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2018 5:57 PM
Feb 2017
AyumiVk said:

And yes i am aware it isn't any better but i have the right to do so, i was not the one who started this shit.

This is a bit late, but if you have the right to give it a 1/10 than everyone else has just as much right to give it a 10/10. But you probably don't care about this anymore.

Jan 22, 2018 10:31 PM

Jun 2016
SpongySquish said:
AyumiVk said:

This is a bit late, but if you have the right to give it a 1/10 than everyone else has just as much right to give it a 10/10. But you probably don't care about this anymore.

I know i do not have the right to give a show a 1 to lower its score, i really do. But there were troll people giving it a 10 just because they wanted to make pingu a meme, and that's not right too. I gave a 1 after they started doing that sh*t and i dont regret it because they were the ones that started, in my head it makes logic. It is like a person giving you a slap and you give another one back. (Just an example)
Jan 27, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2018
Hey, that's edgy.
Jan 28, 2018 7:05 PM
Jul 2017
I honestly didn't care before, but then I guess I'll give it a 10/10 to counterbalance your review!! :)

Pingu is a good show. It doesn't deserve this lol

I agree with the comments earlier that called u a no fun troll and how silly it was for u to get so emotionally invested. "Serious"? Don't make me laugh.
Mar 2, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2017
I really want this removed, people who troll are so stupid.. the ones that rate 10 give other amazing shows a shit score
Mar 2, 2018 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
D-KabZ said:

Why wouldn't we care.. good shows should have a good score and bad shows a bad score.. that's how you can tell them apart and easier decide if you want to watch them..
Mar 2, 2018 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
FinNote said:
D-KabZ said:

Why wouldn't we care.. good shows should have a good score and bad shows a bad score.. that's how you can tell them apart and easier decide if you want to watch them..
Nobody is going to look at the Pingu rating and think it's serious though
Mar 30, 2018 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
It's back up to #36 now that it's "finished airing" (day of in Japan, actually finishes tonight) and dropped scores have been cut out. It's expected to drop once it finishes and more "honest" scores come in.

p.s. deciding what to watch based on MAL scores is for losers
Mar 30, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
If SoraYori deserves a top 100 spot, Pingu does too.
Mar 30, 2018 4:45 PM
Nov 2017
JFuji said:
So because you deem Pingu not worthy of a top anime spot, you want to sabotage with a 1 rating?

Why do you care so much about the top anime ranking? Gintama being listed like 4 times isn't enough for you to realize that the top anime list is a joke and doesn't mean anything?

Says someone without actually watching it
Mar 30, 2018 5:17 PM
Nov 2017
Warghost said:
I always thought ratings are a very personal thing which reflect one's own feeling about a show. I think there doesn't exist some thing as "objective rating" anyway. Well, at least not completely. I honestly don't care how others rate shows or how they think I rated them. All ratings reflect my own emotional response to the series watched and thats what art is about at the end.

Therefore, it is quite dishonest to give Pingu only a 10/10 because it is so "funny". And of course it is bad to rate it 1/10 for similar reasons. Give this series a honest 10/10 if it is really nostalgic and emotional satisfactory for you.

I think I'll give it a try after it has finished airing and this whole inane meme insanity has stopped. My own rating prediction for this series would be somewhere between 5 and 7. But I shall see.

OMG same goes for me! I can't take the rankings seriously but my scores I do
Mar 30, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2017
This gets a 3/10 in opinion, and that's being generous. While it occasionally *can be somewhat cute, the obvious lack of dialogue besides nootnoot x a million each episode (which I actually mute the motherfucker because I can't stand his little bitch ass) is a major setback imo.

The fact that its claymation makes me question how it even got an entry on MAL. To me, that's the equivalent of having 'Chicken Run' or 'Wallace & Gromit' as entries on here. It doesn't make sense to me. Claymation =/= Anime

Mar 30, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
J_LEE_C said:
The fact that its claymation makes me question how it even got an entry on MAL. To me, that's the equivalent of having 'Chicken Run' or 'Wallace & Gromit' as entries on here. It doesn't make sense to me. Claymation =/= Anime

1) It's CG
2) That's irrelevant; anime is animation produced in Japan (with some work from Korea and China also included on MAL). https://myanimelist.net/anime/29949/Nami is stop motion filmed using a naked woman and a bunch of dead fish.

People don't think MAL be like it is, but it do.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LuceoEtzio - Oct 6, 2017

97 by MyWeebCringeList »»
Aug 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 11 Discussion

lanblade - Dec 15, 2017

14 by Goo-mah »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 24 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

10 by Frezlaj »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 26 Discussion

BoosterGold - Mar 30, 2018

25 by PenisButtFart »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 25 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

13 by CQLLIST »»
May 24, 2022 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.