Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2017 11:21 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished watching the premiere at AX. I loved the music and animation so much! Only wished there was more dancing animated. Really looking forward to this.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 2, 2017 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
Naruleach said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished watching the premiere at AX. I loved the music and animation so much! Only wished there was more dancing animated. Really looking forward to this.

I'm jealous you got to see it so quickly! Luckily it will also stream on Twitch on the 6th.
:3
Jul 2, 2017 1:03 PM
Oct 2010
I also just saw the premiere and was impressed. It met my expectations if not passing them. I realize they probably tried to avoid too much scenes of just dancing in order to build the main character's story quickly. It was pretty enjoyable still.
Jul 2, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2014
Anime Expo's aren't really my thing all though I like anime. I wish I could have seen the pre-release there though, but I heard twitch will stream it on the 6th
Jul 6, 2017 6:57 PM

Nov 2015
The episode was really fun. Tatara's determinations is impressive!

Plus the faces and reactions were priceless!

Jul 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
Just saw it streamed on Twitch. I like it so far, and it should be fun to follow the Tatara on his journey to become a pro ballroom dancer. He showed a lot of tenacity in this episode and that's always a nice quality to see in an MC. Also the OP was really nice too.

Something I thought of as I was watching the episode was the fact that this is probably going to get a lot of bullshit comparisons to Yuri on Ice. That's going to be annoying.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 6, 2017 6:59 PM
Jul 2012
That was nice. Still going to be a long wait but i'm definitely waiting for the 2nd half of this season.

I liked the opening pacing since it's mostly a fast tempo the entire time.

I also liked the scene where Fujita was mesmerized by the dancing he saw on dvd.
Jul 6, 2017 7:07 PM

Sep 2016
This was a really nice episode and I just want to say that the music playing when Hanaoka walked into the room Tatara was dancing in really gave me chills.

I loved the whole atmosphere of this episode and look forward to more.

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Jul 6, 2017 7:23 PM
Oct 2010
LMAO these necks are hilarious, sometimes longer than their legs.
Jul 6, 2017 7:28 PM

May 2015
Subs are garbage. Main girl is fucking cute. The actual show was eh. Comparing it to other sports shows, Yuri on Ice has a similar sport in the idea of graceful dancing but it's premiere was a hell of a lot better. Days was shitty and the main characters both felt extremely similar which is a turn off to me. And I thought this would have similar level quality to Haikyuu's amazing premiere episode, which sadly did not happen.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 6, 2017 7:58 PM
May 2015
pretty good start and i love the ending song.
TyrelJul 7, 2017 1:35 AM
Jul 6, 2017 10:35 PM
Dec 2015
This first episode didn't have that wow factor many like in a premier. But, it stayed true to the manga and set up the story. In most sports animes the character is already doing the sport and just joins a new team. Of course if the MC hasn't already been doing the sport it is going to be a slower beginning. The subs on the twitch stream weren't great but they might be better in the coming episodes. If you are used to watching subs, I don't think it was very hard to know who should have been saying what. I love the manga and am still really excited for this show! I am especially looking forward to seeing the dancing scenes animated!
Jul 6, 2017 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
My most anticipated show of Summer 2017 is finally here. When they announced the manga was going to get an anime I read the manga straight away. So fun & enjoyable to read.

Great first episode. Love the OP song. Fast, but catchy. Always love hearing Unison Square Garden. ED song is nice as well. The art is great & the animation of the dancing is wonderful. Character designs remind me so much of Haikyuu.

Fujita doing the Box for the whole night. That is some determination. Shizuku looks lovely & determined.

Sengoku so cool & confident on the dance floor. Can't wait to see more Ballroom dancing.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 7, 2017 6:13 AM

Dec 2016
Tatara's determination is very impressive :o

This show looks very promissing :) Can't wait for the next one ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 7, 2017 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
Yep I'm gonna love the shit out of this

Tatara doing the box all night long without even realizing was insane O.o

Shizuku is <3

Can't wait to see Tatara's journey to be a pro. Should be awesome
Jul 7, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2017
Wow I haven't seen something so promising this season! The characters were pretty good for the first episode and I'm interested to see where they go. And don't even get me started with the animation! God, it was awesome! The opening was amazing and it completely suits the anime. The ending is also really nice! The voice acting is great so far.

Veryyyyy looking forward to the next few episodes!
Jul 7, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Another AOTS candidate is there, kinda surprised to get the episode today, tho.

So far I really enjoy it and Production I.G is doing a nice job with the sound and visuals, been a long time since we got a good sports anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
I can already tell after one episode of this, I will absolutely fall in love with it. The animation was beautiful and the characters weren't boring or hard to understand. Tatara is so cute and a highly admirable character and I can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 7, 2017 9:44 AM

Aug 2016
oh wow I really enjoyed this!! I hope it continues like this :)
(Though the faces are sometimes were scary when they are animated that "harsh")
I just wanted to watch it one a whim but I feel like this will be my fav one out of this season
Jul 7, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
YES! This was an absolutely amazing adaptation! I teared up when the ED started playing when I realized how well done this was. As a huge fan of the manga, I can say that the adaptation Gods have blessed us with a very competent staff of incredibly talented people. The character designs were gorgeous, the animation and the backgrounds and the visual presentation were all on point! The OST was amazing already, I knew the composer that also worked on Haikyu's and Boku no Hero Academia's OST would not disappoint me. We'll be getting 24 episodes of this and you aren't ready for how good this will be, anime only watchers! I also loved the voice actors and they made some minor changes from the manga that I actually agree with, since they were some very unnecessary things in the end and didn't add anything to the story. I love Sengoku! I love Tatara! I love Shizuku! I love all the characters in this and I'm looking forward to the ones that haven't been introduced yet! I also highly recommend the manga, as it is also a must read.
alpha_shadowJul 7, 2017 10:02 AM
Jul 7, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2014
I really enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to watching this series.
I also liked the opening song and especially the ending song. The melody for that was very nice.
Jul 7, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2016
OP & ED are pretty good especially the ED, it's been a while since I heard that kind of music
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 7, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2017
That was a solid first episode. I thought the characters were really interesting! It looks like we're getting 24 episodes with this anime and that's nice to see.

#LongNecksFTW lol
Jul 7, 2017 10:30 AM
Oct 2007
Animation quality is top notch for sure. MC has no dream but he will probably find his through dancing. I'm a s**ker for this genre, count me in!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
#BaseProdictionIG

So is their next big sports show, I can get behind this. Good first episode.
Jul 7, 2017 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
This could be AOTS but sorry Ballroom there is Owarimonogatari in summer. :D
Jul 7, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
Our MC kun here are just bone but somehow doing the Box for the whole night and yet not tired?..... uh okay

Feed him some food anyone
Into the Internet!
Jul 7, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
they completely butchered the manga!!!! MC was supposed to puke after the training
Jul 7, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Theorder14 said:
they completely butchered the manga!!!! MC was supposed to puke after the training

They didn't butcher anything. The changes they made were good. It is a shame that the didn't puke a the end, but the changes they made were beneficial in the long run.
Jul 7, 2017 11:07 AM

Jun 2011
alpha_shadow said:
Theorder14 said:

They didn't butcher anything. The changes they made were good. It is a shame that the didn't puke a the end, but the changes they made were beneficial in the long run.

I wasn't serious :P
Jul 7, 2017 11:11 AM
May 2017
This is the anime i was hyped about the most and i'm not disappointed !!!!
Can't wait for more episodes !!! <3
Jul 7, 2017 11:23 AM

Jan 2010
So far so good!! Can't wait for Okamoto Nobuhiko's character to show up!!! Looks like he will plays yet another cocky guy~
Jul 7, 2017 11:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Who the hell goes from being unable to even decide their high school plans to signing up for expensive private lessons for a sport he hadn't heard of before after a random encounter in the blink of an eye? And how do you "accidentally" end up rehearsing the same dance move over and over all on your own throughout literally an entire night without collapsing or getting bored out of your mind, or at the very least notice it?

Not really sure about this so far..
Jul 7, 2017 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
I've been waiting for this episode for weeks. Great!

HaXXspetten said:
Who the hell goes from being unable to even decide their high school plans to signing up for expensive private lessons for a sport he hadn't heard of before after a random encounter in the blink of an eye? And how do you "accidentally" end up rehearsing the same dance move over and over all on your own throughout literally an entire night without collapsing or getting bored out of your mind, or at the very least notice it?

Not really sure about this so far..

it's great. don't give up on it.

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazJul 17, 2017 2:42 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 7, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
I've been super excited for the anime release ever since I bought the first volume.

I think it's off to an okay start, I hope their will be more cool animation on the dancing. Not really a fan of the weird body proportions, like the necks or backs, but I'll wait til the actual dancing to see how good it goes.

Soundtrack sounds great, really liked the ending.

I feel like it fell short somehow... but it's only the first episode, I'll wait and see :D
Jul 7, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
First Episode, already dislike the main girl Shizuku
Jul 7, 2017 11:45 AM

May 2015
The only reason I am seeing this anime is because Sakura Ayane is voice actress. I just love her voice <3
Jul 7, 2017 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
Ah i'm already in love with the ost, great first episode it adapted the 1st chapter very well.
Jul 7, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Giraffe necks game way too stronk.

Not much fond of the soundtrack. The ED was somewhat exception, still no. Bnha's is better for my ears.

Tatara's a real pup.
I'm looking forward to see fuckboy face Hyoudo.
Jul 7, 2017 11:58 AM
Feb 2015
Those are some weird character designs (the neck and back proportions).
Jul 7, 2017 12:01 PM

Nov 2014
A stylish anime. Love how it picture the footsteps.
Also, goosebumps over the first episode. Thanks to Hayashi Yuki, I wonder
Jul 7, 2017 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
I'd say Sengoku is a Aniki-potential chara!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 7, 2017 12:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic presentation, wow. Hooks you instantly.

The dancing scenes are well animated and intense as well. Character designs are awesome, too.

I like Tatara, his family is really poor, just look at that tiny bathroom :/

Jul 7, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2015
Honestly I don't like the black line they have on the upper lip, makes it hard to ignore it.
The episode was good, as someone who's done ballroom dancing, I understand the things what he has to go through. I'm looking forward to the next episode and I hope this doesn't turn into a fujoshi bait show.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I'm loving this already. A great first episode. Tatara's journey to become a pro dancer will be fun to watch.

Of course The OP and ED were good.

Jul 7, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
I LOVE this, but they really looks like anorexics aliens with their bodies XD

The scene "LOOK AT ME" with Sengoku at the competition just killed me.
Jul 7, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
did the manga justice, gon be gud

also smh you guys, these long necks were present in kuroko and haikyuu too, it's just gonna be more noticeable in this because ballroom dancing accentuates precise movement/poses
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 7, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Finally AOTS is here! I'm so happy this manga got animated and the chara designs are just perfect.
I remember before I started reading the manga that I had serious doubts about it being about dancing, since it's not my cup of tea at all; but after I started I couldn't stop...it's just so good.
I was scared aobut the dancing scenes, being too much CGI; but it seems like I didn't need to worry about it. Looks like they might settle with the main couple/s being drawn and the rest not and a few still frames here and there.
Now it's all about waiting for best girl to appear, in the mean time I'll settle with the second choice

Jul 7, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
k finally watched ep 1, now I'm sure this will be an anime I'll be following this season and into the 2nd cour. The animation is very smooth (except the background characters). I admit the necks are a bit weird, but seriously, it feels nice when you do the posturing thing Sengoku taught Tatara (shoulders down back straight stomach in).

Anyway, can't wait to see Hyoudou and the ep met my expectations so far!

PS who else thought the "look at me" thing was pretty creepy? they're like a cult.
Jul 7, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
This and Fate Apocrypha are gonna be neck and neck for AOTS, I can easily tell

Great first episode

Can't wait for more <3
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

174 by SpoonMaster »»
Today, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

126 by vanne_ »»
May 20, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.