Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think the show does a pretty good job at background storytelling even for Mugi.

Mugi and Hanabi's character chemistry is is still pretty intense imo. I mean, even making out on the floor of the school rooftop...ya. Actually, this episode had more kissing than I had thought. Feels like Hanabi is getting closer to Mugi than more before.

Feb 9, 2017 8:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think the show does a pretty good job at background storytelling even for Mugi.

Mugi and Hanabi's character chemistry is is still pretty intense imo. I mean, even making out on the floor of the school rooftop...ya. Actually, this episode had more kissing than I had thought. Feels like Hanabi is getting closer to Mugi than more before.

You sound hilariously surprised buddy lol
Feb 9, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
So the teacher isn't a virgin anymore well maybe he will be a bit more confident now.
Hanabi on the other hand didn't cross the line yet even tho they where close and it seems Mugi is thinking she is getting it on with another guy even tho it's a girl.
I wonder what his reaction will be when he learns it's Echan.

Hanabi might be more willing to have sex next time seeing what happened.
Feb 9, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
Haha! So they extended the episode to chapter 21, to include Akane's stab against Hanabi. It was too juicy and too vicious a scene not to use it as a final slap for the cliffhanger. Meeeeeeaaaaannn...

So we finally get a proper introduction of Mugi, and turns out that he is not remotely as dense or slow as many people have pictured him.

I'd like to mention one more detail which makes this show so much more credible to me than 95% of all romance dramas out there: Instead of the usual absolute quiet or big-throated moaning during kissing/sex scenes, we get tense and irregular breathing through the nose, partly muffled if the character is leaning into the other, and quiet, short moans which are quickly held back again. Exactly how I recall my own initial experiences.

The director knows exactly what he is doing. And I love it!
Feb 9, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
This might have been my favorite episode for the simple reason that it gave an extra layer to so many characters and their actions. We find out why Hanabi does what she does. We find out why Mugi does certain things, the girl he met in the past and even Akane.

I love her take on this also being a way to break out of the "boring" daily cycle and the restrictions put on her as a result. What she does gives her a sense of freedom as it probably goes against what this daily cycle considers a norm. In that sense she is also partly getting a kick by going against the stream. Ha, I love this
Feb 9, 2017 2:38 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dear god what is wrong with this woman. That was one hell of a cruel ending o.o
Feb 9, 2017 2:40 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The first half was incredible. Hanabi and Mugi together is the best to watch IMO.

So Hanabi doesn't want to be alone, Mugi got corrupted by his childhood friend basically and Akane is just bored out of her mind. And Ecchan actually loves Hanabi, yet is forcing herself on her.

Everyone has a different reason but i can see now why every character isn't exactly likable through their actions.

Also that first scene with Hanabi in grey colouring reminded me of Erased in terms of cinematography and direction. Incredibly well done scene.

Kanai got baited by Akane. Poor guy but oh well, i'm not really attached to him so i dont feel sorry that much.

That last line and the flickering of the screen, AH SHIT!
Feb 9, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2014
So, Mugi already knew Akane was manipulative and promiscuous, and seems to be attracted to that type.

It's a little unsettling how a lot of the girls in this story cry during the make-out scenes. Mugi gets points for not trying to force Hanabi into anything.

I feel bad for laughing at how Akane mocked Narumi. He was so lame, though. It was telling how he accidentally called Akane "Hana." I wonder if there's anything to that. I hope there isn't because I'm shipping Hanabi with Ecchan or Mugi.

Another 5/5 episode.
Feb 9, 2017 2:55 PM
Oct 2014
Maaaaaaaaaaaan the last 3 minutes were my favorites, hana internal dialog on her bed, followed by akane san SICK BURN lul
can't wait for next week
Feb 9, 2017 2:56 PM
Aug 2016
This anime just makes you feel so empty, im on the edge of breaking down watching this
Feb 9, 2017 3:03 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
that teacher grimy than a muh...

damn, now Hanabi is fighting for best girl of the season xD
Feb 9, 2017 3:06 PM
May 2015
I really hate the feeling that I get while watching this anime but I really want to watch it until the end. Ughhhhhhh
Feb 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Mugi & Hanabi making out on the rooftop. Amazed no one else walked in on them.
Hanabi still a virgin.

Akane manipulating Kanai. DAMN telling Hanabi she had sex with him.
That's just savage.

This show is painful to the heart, but must keep watching.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 9, 2017 3:56 PM

May 2015
That ending was such a bitch move, but that's expected from Akane.

I don't have much to say other than the fact that it was another wonderful episode. Easily AOTS for me at this point.

Feb 9, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2015
Uhm.. am I the only one wanting to cry and is actually sad..
I punched my pillow when I heard akane say that she had sex with that teacher..

Why..? I hate this feeling. It feels like my heart is breaking and I just wanna disappear.

Almost makes me feel exactly like school days
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 9, 2017 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Noriko is the only character left out of all this action.
Mugi telling Hana there's something wrong with her was so harsh.
Feb 9, 2017 4:52 PM

May 2009
Everyone in this show is fucked up. I love it.
Feb 9, 2017 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
Man, I just really love Mugi lmao. Hanabi has been growing on me and I've decided, compared to most other female protagonists, she's a pretty strong lead.

So this episode is just more of the same- drama, kissing, sex, drama, kis-....rinse, cycle, repeat. Really, really dislike Akane's character. I cringe every time she's on screen. That aside, this anime is definitely my guilty pleasure this season. I really can't stop watching!
NanoRinFeb 9, 2017 5:02 PM

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Feb 9, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
Hanabi's breakdown incoming?

Not bad episode, the emphasis being on their crave for love as both Hanabi and Mugi too are clearly not satisfied with sex without love.

She wanted to get rid of her loneliness by force and Mugi still didn't understand she's in love with him now (he isn't). But at least it's clear he care about her now and don't want her to be mad at him, that's a first step.

And while she is finally warming to him, sensei reminds her of her brother and pushes her back from him, deep to her loneliness again, pretty savage thing to do.

Still think Akane is great character too as it works as great mirror for Hanabi's perception of the world. And constant insight on Akane's thinking was also nice finishing touch of this episode.
Feb 9, 2017 5:10 PM

Dec 2015
that last scene...oh my the savagery I just witnessed
Feb 9, 2017 5:15 PM

Mar 2015
This is the best romance anime since White Album 2
Feb 9, 2017 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't Hanabi have sex with Ecchan, though? Why is she still considered a virgin? I'll be pretty mad if the answer to this is "because it wasn't with a guy". *eyeroll*

But other than that, good episode. Akane pisses me off so much. I wanna hang her on a tree and beat the crap out of this bitch.
Feb 9, 2017 5:23 PM

Feb 2016
Epir said:

IKR? White Album 2 felt so great with a lot of feels and characters that doesn't hesitate that much. this anime is straight savage, easily AOTS for me

This anime is a pay off for those generic bullcrap anime where MC hesitates a lot *Cough Cough* Fuuka *Cough Cough*
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 9, 2017 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
slicesofcake said:
Didn't Hanabi have sex with Ecchan, though? Why is she still considered a virgin? I'll be pretty mad if the answer to this is "because it wasn't with a guy". *eyeroll

Well, I believe you don't need the lesson on anatomy, right? It's precisely because she wasn't with a guy before. In addition, woman being stiff for the first time can be even more hurtful for her.. make a math.

And when Hanabi told him she slept with someone, he probably thought she was with a boy that's why he was surprised and asked that question in the first place.

Still, he not being jealous at all when she told him she was with another.. I think that's a clear signal he still doens't love her, unlike her. Because that's precisely the reason why she stood up and left his place, because in her eyes he indirectly told her it she is wrong to actually love him.
Mich666Feb 9, 2017 5:32 PM
Feb 9, 2017 5:49 PM

Dec 2009
THIS FUCKING BITCH

Holy fuck Hanabi is stronger than she looks. I would have snapped and gone mental on her...
Being in an odd love polygon is one thing, but when some bitch plays it like a game? hoho somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad...

If i were Hanabi, that book would have left my hand into the back of Akane's head followed by a kick or tackle.

I wanna swoop in and save Hanabi T_T
Not to like have her, but to comfort her, protect her, hold her, with ho ulterior motives, give her the comfort she needs...

Epir said:
Are you kidding me? White Album (1 or 2) have nothing on this, and i really liked White Album 2. This is the best drama i've seen in anime... like, ever.
PS: this is love drama not really romance.
GenesisAriaFeb 9, 2017 5:57 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 9, 2017 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
"I hate pain,but it feels so good" i know how you feel Hana.

Great episode, ruthless ending but Akane continues to be my favourite character.
Feb 9, 2017 5:59 PM

Jan 2015
@Mich666 So you're telling me that sex only counts if it's with a guy? As a girl myself, I do know how a vagina works, thank you very much. Whether you're inserting a finger or a penis for the first time, it hurts either way. It gets better with time. And yeah, her being nervous makes the pain worse.

I just don't get why you need to have sex with a guy in order to not be considered a virgin anymore? Sounds like the "lesbian sex isn't real sex" trope and that's real lame.

Come to think of it though, depending on the girl, penetration still hurts after the first time. Some girls take more time to get used to it until it doesn't hurt anymore. So it makes perfect sense that Hanabi feels pain, and it would still make sense if she'd been with a guy before, too. If anything, Mugi is the one who doesn't know how vaginas work.

I agree with your last paragraph though.
Feb 9, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2017
Please guys don't agrue about it, lesbian sex is real sex don't worry, but Hanabi probably didn't go further with ecchan if she's saying she is still virgin idk

Feb 9, 2017 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
everyone in this show is a fucking savage!!
Feb 9, 2017 6:12 PM

Aug 2015
I just feel bad for Ecchan at this moment, all she wants is yuri love.
Feb 9, 2017 6:18 PM

Jun 2008
slicesofcake said:
@Mich666 So you're telling me that sex only counts if it's with a guy? As a girl myself, I do know how a vagina works, thank you very much. Whether you're inserting a finger or a penis for the first time, it hurts either way. It gets better with time. And yeah, her being nervous makes the pain worse.

I just don't get why you need to have sex with a guy in order to not be considered a virgin anymore? Sounds like the "lesbian sex isn't real sex" trope and that's real lame.

Come to think of it though, depending on the girl, penetration still hurts after the first time. Some girls take more time to get used to it until it doesn't hurt anymore. So it makes perfect sense that Hanabi feels pain, and it would still make sense if she'd been with a guy before, too. If anything, Mugi is the one who doesn't know how vaginas work.

Pardon me to intrude in your conversation. I believe that you're considered a virgin unless there is penetration with something, doesnt matter if its with a guy or girl or object...

I love this show:D Can't wait to see Mugi's childhood friend arc.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 9, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2017
I feel like the more we're going deep in the relation, the more everything is tearing apart. I have no idea how it's gonna end and I love it, but a lot of hearts are gonna be broken for sure.

Feb 9, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2015
Dam both of em are lonely
Feb 9, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2015
SeijiroUshio said:
I just feel bad for Ecchan at this moment, all she wants is yuri love.

Right? Poor Ecchan. She's too precious for this world.
Feb 9, 2017 6:39 PM

Jan 2015
Akarioru said:
slicesofcake said:

Pardon me to intrude in your conversation. I believe that you're considered a virgin unless there is penetration with something, doesnt matter if its with a guy or girl or object...

I love this show:D Can't wait to see Mugi's childhood friend arc.

Nah. I'd still consider it sex if they touched each other, whether there was penetration or not (there are a lot of things you can do besides that, right?). But yeah, people have different concepts of virginity and this isn't adding anything to the discussion so let's stop here. It just bothered me a bit which is why I felt like a had to make a comment about it.
Feb 9, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2013
Was it just me, or were the subs for this episode really shitty? Like they were way too fast.
Regardless, an excellent episode as always!
Feb 9, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
I have some much to say about this episode. Ugh the emotions are real dude.

@aikaflip - I think the girls (or people in general) cry out of pleasure. It happens. When something feels so intense, watery eyes tend to happen. If it was something otherwise then I would like to know why they would cry...

@Smudy - I agree with you with the cinematography in the beginning. Very beautiful and reflected Hanabi's emotions very well.

@LEGOF - You have a good flipping point. But I also see it as room for character development for Hanabi. But in my opinion it's too soon for them to do the deed.

@Mich666 - It didn't click at first, but now I understand. Mugi and Hanabi felt better hooking up with each other because they have developing feeling for each other....Interesting.

I love discussing this anime. Anyone wants to PM me about the series, don't hesitate :)
Feb 9, 2017 6:45 PM

May 2015
slicesofcake said:

Physically and biologically, she's still a virgin. Mentally and emotionally she's not. Unless Ecchan's fingers (assuming they even went as far as full penetration) broke Hanabi's hymen, then she's still a virgin.

I know that was a bit graphic, but hopefully it didn't bother you too much.

Feb 9, 2017 7:02 PM

Feb 2010
^is this conversation...actually really happening right now? I mean. I suppose some people do need clarification. Educating others, go you.

Honestly, it sounds cruel but I don't really feel for any of the characters at this point. Midway through like the third sex scene I wondered why exactly I was watching this show again. When I'm reminded that I'm supposed to stay to understand the characters more, I feel like the plot and characters completely mess up my thoughts because they literally don't make any sense. That or I'm heartless and can't sympathize with love. Who knows.

The only satisfaction I have is probably watching the 'villain' because shes so savage. And it's not even her character because, I mean, her purpose in this series so far as it was so obviously stated is to basically mess with our main characters. Literally her life is so boring unless she does this so we know she's going to be sticking around messing everything up and creating this 'drama' that just leads to more 'drama' and angst. I mean, in a way we really get a closer look into the thoughts of the characters, which I suppose was interesting..but for some reason I'm either apathetic about the characters, story line, or everything. To me, right now, it seems like someone who calls herself a scum realizes it, still holds onto her wishes, her love, but keeps realizing how messed up she is and then kind of just goes to people to fill her emptiness and takes advantage of others. Wow, makes you just love the main character doesn't it. I wonder who she goes to the most when she feels like she's in pain, someone she relates to and can depend on. Definitely not her onii-chan. Maybe I'm apathetic because I know where this is leading. Ehhh I don't know if I'm going to stick around for this one we shall see.
Feb 9, 2017 7:13 PM

Feb 2017
Every time I watch a new episode, I feel like throwing up. But I just can't stop watching. Ughh... I hate to watch this show because I just want things to go alright for the characters, but I know it's not going to.
Feb 9, 2017 7:22 PM

Feb 2009
OMG, that ending! Is Hannabi going crazy after this? Boy oh boy that scene between Akane and Kanai sensei was so cringey to watch at the motel, she made me feel uneasy with how b*tch se can be, guess a guy cant be a gentleman anymore like oni-chan was trying to be.
Feb 9, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Ya continues to be completely fucked up but entertaining to see this shit unfold. It's written pretty well to keep the dramatic tension high.

Mugi and Hana are so mentally weak it's painful, maybe frustrating, to watch most of the time. The drama keeps me watching, not the logistics between point A and point B for these two.

Akane is a straight up classless hoe. But what is worse, her picking on a high school girl or Hana actually letting herself be the easiest target ever.

Kanai is just blissfully ignorant and will be a civ casualty.

I originally thought this was a complicated (twisted) love story but more and more I'm getting the feeling it's more just a tale about ignorant, moral-less people who literally have nothing else going on in their lives except hooking up or not hooking up with their "ideal" mate.

I haven't felt this disgusted with characters since School Days honestly.
IZEROIIFeb 9, 2017 7:25 PM
Feb 9, 2017 7:26 PM

Jan 2015
Kittens-kun said:
slicesofcake said:

Physically and biologically, she's still a virgin. Mentally and emotionally she's not. Unless Ecchan's fingers (assuming they even went as far as full penetration) broke Hanabi's hymen, then she's still a virgin.

You do know that hymens can be "broken" through other activies, right? Like... riding a bicycle. And you do know that some girls are born without a hymen, right? That's why I don't think having been penetrated is what defines whether a girl is a virgin or not. And that's why Mugi's question (although I understand where he's coming from) bothered me.
Feb 9, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2015
slicesofcake said:
Kittens-kun said:

You do know that hymens can be "broken" through other activies, right? Like... riding a bicycle. And you do know that some girls are born without a hymen, right? That's why I don't think having been penetrated is what defines whether a girl is a virgin or not. And that's why Mugi's question (although I understand where he's coming from) bothered me.

It seems to me like you're triggered over nothing. If what I described didn't happen, then she is still a virgin. You can't just ignore science here. Touching someone ≠ losing your virginity.

Feb 9, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
well we see more and more messing up with thi show....everything gets out of hand in each episode......I am more uncertain as to what may happen next.... So far the self-proclaimed Oni chan is not messed up but maybe he is and we will know in the later episodes
Feb 9, 2017 7:41 PM
Mar 2016
i just come here and post
*NANDA KONO ANIME WA?!?!" (ノ°Д°)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Feb 9, 2017 7:44 PM

Jan 2015
Kittens-kun said:
slicesofcake said:

It seems to me like you're triggered over nothing. If what I described didn't happen, then she is still a virgin. You can't just ignore science here. Touching someone ≠ losing your virginity.

*sigh* alright. This isn't worth it so I'm out.
Feb 9, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2015
slicesofcake said:
Kittens-kun said:

*sigh* alright. This isn't worth it so I'm out.

I'm not surprised.

Feb 9, 2017 7:59 PM
Aug 2016
Just as I expected, Hanabi comes from a complicated family in which she lacked of a paternal figure to give her affection . That explains her obsession with her teacher, which added to the hormonal outbreak of adolescense resulted in her current situation.

Also I feel sad for the teacher because I relate to him more than any other character and the false expectations he gets from Akane will let him down
Feb 9, 2017 8:07 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't think Mugi actually knew about Akane's personality.

Dat ending was brutal!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

434 by Anairo2808 »»
May 29, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.