Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2017 8:33 PM

Apr 2014
10/10 fantastic ending to the Kizumonogatari trilogy

The Shinobu we have all come to know and love:

Jul 12, 2017 10:02 PM

Jun 2015
Love the way the finale was portrayed. They really did a great job showing that Araragi has never been a "good guy" from the start, there's a lot of hypocrisy in what he does/doesn't do throughout the series.

Shinobu was just gorgeous; her final form is stunning and seeing her at the end for even a bit in this art style as she appears in the TV series... I just wanted to hug her so bad xD

I'm impressed, this movie really capped off the trilogy perfectly. Can't wait for Owari Season 2 next month!
Jul 12, 2017 10:33 PM

Jun 2015
I can't blame Kiss-shot for being mad at him for so long...
that's probably something i could never forgive.
on the other hand, forcing him to make that decision is something is totally unforgivable too.
Jul 12, 2017 10:40 PM

Apr 2015
Dont worry araragi-kun, everything will be daijobu.

Ending song was damn good. That was french right?
Jul 12, 2017 11:40 PM

Feb 2013
Fucking Awesome!!!!!

I still think I liked the second movie the most, but this was a GREAT end to the trilogy....and now I feel even more terrible for Hanekawa....she has just done so much for him lol

anyway

10/10
Jul 12, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
more or less as boring as the first two movies for me
but now that've gotten the whole picture of the Trilogy Ive decided to lower the score of the first two from 5s to 4s so that all of them have the same score
Jul 12, 2017 11:47 PM

Sep 2013
10/10- Pretty good adaptation. Amazing visuals, good soundtrack and as usual, the dialogue is entertaining in so many ways.

I didn't like how GC's head looked when Kiss-Shot was eating him. It was creepy but it also came off to me as comedic for some reason. I was watching it with some buddies and I was the only one who chuckled. Fortunately Araragi's shock and despair combined with Kiss-Shot's nonchalantly eating like a pig saved this. It was awesome just watching her bite the flesh off GC's face.

Speaking of biting faces off. That daydream with Hanekawa and Araragi was hard to watch though it was for a second. I love Hanekawa so when I saw her spill her guts out last movie I was sad. This time with her face being bitten off from a kiss was more gruesome and disturbing in my opinion. That breast fondling scene was hilarious. All that build up and time spent on this is why I adore this series. In the end, Araragi gets cold feet, Hanekawa calls him chicken and she ends up getting a shoulder massage.

That final battle was both epic and hilarious. It was fast paced and brutal. The heads rolling around and Araragi running around on his hands was awesome. This fight style fits perfectly with this series. A good blend of action and comedy.

Anyways, I've been waiting for this for a LONG time and to finally see it finish left me with happiness and a deep void...but fortunately that void will be filled next month.

On to Owarimonogatari!

Jul 13, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
My Lord, what have I watched? A piece of the heavens?
HueBrDeusJul 13, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Jun 2015
MY GOD, that was breathtaking. Having read Koyomi Vamp before viewing the films, I was wary of how this particular part would be adapted. But, much to my complete and utter happiness, this film has completely blown me away. Absolutely amazing adaptation.
Jul 13, 2017 12:35 AM

Sep 2013
i thought the last 2 were terrible. Maybe i've grown out of the monogatari series in general, or these movies were truly just awful.
wow
Jul 13, 2017 1:20 AM

Mar 2015
That final fight scene was so good. Great conclusion to this already great trilogy.
Jul 13, 2017 1:23 AM

Feb 2015
It was great, but 2nd movie still stays the best for me.
Ending was quite depressing.
Jul 13, 2017 1:44 AM

Dec 2010
How humiliating for an ancient high class vampire to be a mere "pet" against its will, without any power and forced to stay in a crumbling factory depending entirely on the blood of an coward hypocrite (he save her life knowing she was a vampire from the beginning and now create all this mess because she kill humans to survive? Whut?)
Death would have been much better that this hellish captivity. :D

Anyway, 10/10, was a great trilogy, and i say so without watching any other monogatari iteration.
Fn76Jul 13, 2017 1:48 AM
Jul 13, 2017 4:29 AM
Jul 2016
Well, the first half was really slow and the breast fondling scene with Hanekawa was waaaaaay too long (among other things if you know what i mean)

Also, i wish these movies were more serious. The atmosphere was off, most of the scenes that were supposed to be dark (like Shinobu and Araragi eating humans) came off as more comical than creepy. Even the fight scenes felt out of place and off-putting, not to mention the ridiculous amount of fanservice even for Monogatari standards (the scene with Hanekawa was practically hentai)

Still, the finale of this movie with the conclusion (or rather the start) of Aragi's and Shinobu's story was pretty satisfying, and the movie did a good job of portraying Araragi's character and the master/servant relationship between the two.

All in all, this trilogy could have been better, desperately needed to have a darker tone, but it still is a decent addition to the franchise.

Now to wait one month for my next Monogatari dose, Owari Season 2!
MouloxasJul 29, 2017 8:23 AM
Jul 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the trilogy is finished, it has been such a long time since it was announced, around Bake i think. Still as amazing as always, i think liked second more than this one.
It was probably always for this series, but this time it was very noticeable how different are all the segments, from the happy chatting with Kiss-shot to the eating part (for a second i thought there would be the donuts addiction explanation) and then Hanekawa's part.
The Hanekawa part was too long, kinda funny, but don't really that necessary. And i'm pretty sure that it was some kind of confession, not that obvious, but very (very) close and Araragi missed it (on purpose).
The fight was pretty cool, but obvious that she wasn't fighting at all. And that was pretty sad ending for Shinobu.
Just before the new season starts, overall 8/10.
Jul 13, 2017 7:04 AM

Aug 2014
i have to say this was way better than i expected , i loved these movies so much , i was just as mad as hanekawa tbh :D now we wait for the new season and hope it is as good or better
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 13, 2017 7:47 AM
Mar 2016
nicely animated. it was better than I thought it'd be. Classic Monogatari feel, but more like the best of it.
8.5/10
Jul 13, 2017 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
I wanted to see how Araragi knew when to stop drinking her blood at the last moment in order to not kill her. I'd think had it gone on she would have turned into a baby, as it looked when he stopped halfway.
Jul 13, 2017 8:26 AM

Nov 2016
Swagernator said:
Milf Shinobu = best Shinobu.

Listen to this man.

Pretty good trilogy overall and a nice warm up for Owari 2.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
All these salty haters

This movie was perfect, and one of the best movies ever. Fight me
Jul 13, 2017 11:51 AM
Nov 2015
How I longed for the day I'd watch this movie! The wait is finally over. It was awesome. The end was magnificent. I just loved it. The second was still slightly better, but this was one of the best exemplars of culture I've ever consumed.
Jul 13, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
AWESOME!
That No Bra Oppai Scene LMAOOOO

Jul 13, 2017 1:57 PM
Jun 2017
Silly humans. I'd let her eat how many of them she wanted.
Jul 13, 2017 2:00 PM
Jun 2017
FMmatron said:
Swagernator said:
Milf Shinobu = best Shinobu.

Listen to this man.

Pretty good trilogy overall and a nice warm up for Owari 2.

She's not a milf, she's a cougar. And true, busty Shinobu's the best.
Jul 13, 2017 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
With this we finally get to see the long awaited ending to the 3 part movie.All i can say is that it was a amazing experience and i think i loved this part of the movie the most out all the movie parts.The ending especially.It's bitter sweet but at the same time so damn fulfilling.Nobody satisfied(except us...XD) and they give into path that takes them through a amazing journey. All in all it's ties in well with the start of Bake too so no qualms about this movie whatsoever!!
Jul 13, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2015
Not as good as I thought it would be though still as good as the first 2 movies and main tv series. I feel like I would've enjoyed this more if I was still a big Monogatari fan but oh well. 8/10
Jul 13, 2017 6:55 PM

Jun 2015
Astounding movie as usual, this is pure perfection and as always I'm left speechless. That is the norm for the whole Monogatari Series, especially Kizu.

The thing I do wanna talk about though is THAT ENDING SONG IS SO NIER AUTOMATA HOLY SHIT
Jul 13, 2017 8:11 PM

Jan 2012
Shaft just set the bar on how to do an adaption
Best anime movie trilogy I have ever seen
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 13, 2017 8:49 PM

Feb 2011
I didn't like it that much. I don't understand why it took 3 films to wrap up such a simplistic premise. The animation was pretty weird, well done in some places but disappointing in others. I feel like some scenes could have been done better. Idk... I feel like they should stick to the TV format. Hanekawa's breasts were atrocious in this last movie in particular. I rated all the movies 8/10 because i felt they were all consistent with no drops or improvements in quality but I might lower them later if I feel like it.
Jul 14, 2017 1:36 AM

Oct 2016
shinobu x araragi is real, holy shit.
xd
Jul 14, 2017 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
Just a comment here saying that now you can watch the Monogataris in both chronological and light novel order. Cannot believe it took 6 years to reach this point.
Jul 14, 2017 2:11 AM

Jan 2016
Reiketsu BD Menu, uploaded to YouTube by Ricky Horror

Figured y'all might be interested since these have been pretty cool, especially Tekketsu's.
Jul 14, 2017 8:13 AM

Jan 2014
just watched it yesterday!
ugh, its so good! now it makes sense why Araragi is so weak even tho he is a Vampire that tamed Shinobu.
the animation is awesome, loved it! as expected from the Movie. Hanekawa and Shinobu looks so beautiful and sexy it make's me drool.
the fight is awesome too but it looks ridiculously funny LOL.
ah and the fanservice tho. you guys that watch it at the cinema, the atmosphere must be full an awkwardness and a laughing full of awkwardness.

Kizumono Part 1 : 8/10
Kizumono Part 2 : 9/10
Kizumono Part 3 : 9/10
Jul 15, 2017 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
Wow. Shaft really out does itself.

This trilogy really brings a whole new level of depth to the monogatari series.

A little confused as to Shinobu's situation though. If she doesn't want to live in that humiliating situation, she could refuse to drink Araragi's blood, and die.

She wanted to die anyway - so why is she forcing herself to be reliant on Araragi for nutrients?
Jul 15, 2017 7:09 AM
Apr 2017
The best. I like it!!!
Jul 15, 2017 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
this episode really make me laugh so hard, especially when shinobu and araragi fights and popping their head a lot of time , never laugh so hard when i saw someone's head flying

i think this movie is a great make up for the lack of good anime recently . i got nothing to watch this month except fate
Jul 15, 2017 12:54 PM

Mar 2017
I've waited so long to watch this.

It is so fucking great that I don't have any word to explain why it is. Great end to the trilogy. Really feel bad for Hanekawa though, she has just done so much for him lol and that pat scene makes me want to rewatch neko shiro again.

Ending song was damn good. I've never heard any french song, that was really good.

Now I just have to wait one month for my next monogatari dose, Owari season 2!

10/10.
Jul 15, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
All these salty haters

This movie was perfect, and one of the best movies ever. Fight me

Haters are fighting a losing battle, though... 8.90 on MAL now *dances*
Jul 15, 2017 3:40 PM
Jun 2016
The worst of the three movies, Shaft managed to ruin the mood of every serious scene in this movie.

Don't get wrong, I like their styl but, they had the worst timing ever on when putting their "weird" stuff...

The fight should've been much more serious, like kanbaru vs araragi... That would be dope.

I really like the Araragi and Hanekawa scene in the shed though, it was pretty funny.

I love shaft, but IMO they've failed... They always didi a great job at the tv show, but this was pretty weak.

for me the movies were 7/10, 7.5/10 and now 6/10... (I'm not sure if i'm this much disatisfied because i've read the novel or what, but I am really disapointed on how this movie turned out)
Jul 15, 2017 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
That selfish bastard, how could he?
Jul 15, 2017 11:13 PM
Apr 2013
I would have said it was almost perfect - but for the monstrosity that they inflicted upon Hanekawa's chest. Way oversized and cartoony/C-grade ecchi crap. Even with a bra and two tops on they still got drawn like bouncing water balloons. That isn't how shirts work. Apparently guys love it, but ... it just puts me off. You can have a large breasted woman without making it look like a joke (they managed to do Kiss-Shot just fine, even though Araragi talks like she has even bigger breasts than Hanekawa?)

The actual ecchi scene was great. I don't really get how a vampire drinking a vampire makes them a human, but it at least explains all the later bits where he lets her drink in order for them both to gain power.

The thing that's really on my mind though is this: After all they went through in those holidays, how the hell did Araragi wind up with Senjougahara a few weeks later and not Hanekawa?
Jul 16, 2017 12:26 AM

May 2012
hopscotchskies said:
I would have said it was almost perfect - but for the monstrosity that they inflicted upon Hanekawa's chest. Way oversized and cartoony/C-grade ecchi crap. Even with a bra and two tops on they still got drawn like bouncing water balloons. That isn't how shirts work. Apparently guys love it, but ... it just puts me off. You can have a large breasted woman without making it look like a joke (they managed to do Kiss-Shot just fine, even though Araragi talks like she has even bigger breasts than Hanekawa?)

The actual ecchi scene was great. I don't really get how a vampire drinking a vampire makes them a human, but it at least explains all the later bits where he lets her drink in order for them both to gain power.

The thing that's really on my mind though is this: After all they went through in those holidays, how the hell did Araragi wind up with Senjougahara a few weeks later and not Hanekawa?

Did you not watched the other series or you don't know how the order goes? They explain how drinking her blood or draining her life turns Araragi back to being human in the movie. He also explains why he stop liking Hanekawa in Neko. So I'm assuming either you didn't watched the series, wasn't paying attention, or you simply don't know the chronological order of the series.
Jul 16, 2017 12:42 AM

May 2012
This was absolutely amazing!

I had my fair share of problems with this trilogy. I didn't like the fact that they changed so much stuff from the novel. I felt like some parts left less of an impact because of that. On the other hand the parts they left the same or even added made things even better. I still don't understand why they changed so much stuff. Going back to back in the first few minutes of the first episode. We get a perfect adaptation from the novel. Weird they changed it for the movies.

All that being said, if I was an only anime watcher I would have be well please with the movies. By themselves the movies are just okay, but together seeing the bigger picture it is truly a masterpiece. To see how this all begin is and where we all now is a tale that nobody can believe. Over the course of spring break how much life changed for Araragi, KissShot, and Hanekawa. Even tho I don't like some of the changes I still say this was worth the seven year wait.

10/10
Jul 16, 2017 3:38 AM

Jun 2015
Jesus Christ that gym scene was too much
Jul 16, 2017 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
oh so thats why shinobu's always gloomy.. :c

sucks that there isnt enough frames for perfect loop
karmashizzleJul 19, 2017 5:45 PM
Jul 16, 2017 11:36 AM
Jun 2014
Damn this movie was amazing. Overall the movie was entertaining asfuk. The fighting scene was amazing aswell, especially when the artstyle changed to "handdrawn"(dunno if this is true, but it looked handdrawn animation). I dislike fanservice, but one of the few animes which I ignore those fanservices is the monogatari series, because of how "different/unique" they are compaired to your typical anime, while still being amazingly entertaining.

I've just one question about this anime.

Did Seishirou Shishirui(instead of those vampire hunters) cut off the limps of Kiss Shot or was that something symbolic? Or was that armor not Seishirou Shishirui?
Jul 16, 2017 12:34 PM

Jun 2017
I've always been a big fan of the Monogatari series and so to see the events that leaded up to it was just awesome. I can't wait for Owarimonogatari second season now!
Jul 16, 2017 1:59 PM

May 2012
Great ending of these 3 part movies I must say! Quite great basis for the whole franchise and obviously wonderful character development!

Really great movies I must say!
Jul 16, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2016
TKMike said:
I've just one question about this anime.

Did Seishirou Shishirui(instead of those vampire hunters) cut off the limps of Kiss Shot or was that something symbolic? Or was that armor not Seishirou Shishirui?

Yes, that was him, but obviously it wasn't literal. The vampire hunters most definitely cut her limbs off, and at this point Seishirou is still ash. I saw it as symbolic of her realization that she wouldn't be able to "redeem" herself, since she thought having Araragi kill her would be as penance since she regrets not doing that for Seishirou all those years ago.
GoldNautilusJul 16, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 16, 2017 8:58 PM

Feb 2014
Watching these 3 movies I feel much more for Hanekawa.

Seriously, after everything she went trough and did for him she was rejected in love, in the end.

But it's almost always like that. Hanekawa had that curse (called cliche) of being too awesome and to went through some memorable situations alongside the MC.
Cases like this oftenly happen in animes.

Btw, guess this is a good time to watch monogatari series in chronological order.

TechOtakuJul 16, 2017 9:43 PM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should I stop at this point?

ILovePenguins - Jan 10

29 by samsince04 »»
Jan 13, 5:53 AM

» What Would You Do If You Were in Araragi's Situation?

removed-user - Jul 10, 2023

15 by mehrabophobic »»
Jan 3, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Let's all be honest here, Shinobu's 8 year old form is cute, but adult Kiss-shot goes hard

RaltsPokemon - Jan 1

13 by Otakusan69 »»
Jan 2, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Should Araragi have had monologue in the movie?

Gaesaekki - Apr 24, 2018

3 by waalex11 »»
Aug 8, 2023 2:35 PM

» The three Kizumonogatari movies are the GOAT'S ...

Krish_Pache - Sep 30, 2021

15 by waalex11 »»
Aug 8, 2023 2:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.