Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2016 7:56 AM

Dec 2010
Laionidas said:
CG-Silver said:
- Not original, almost to the point that it felt copied. Therefore one of the best parts of watching anime which is the "starting feel" felt boring and uninteresting to me. Yup, I didn't even like the starting episode.

- Compared to SnK, action is mediocre at best. SnK had my blood pumped up in every fight. However, this was bland in every aspect.

- 2 good OSTs that I noticed while SnK was crowded with amazing OSTs.

I'm a pleb watcher and all these things bothered me so I was quite generous in giving this a 4/10 though it had no redeeming qualities except for a few good OSTs and mediocre action sequences. I could mention a lot more only if I ever wanted to remember this again.

This proves my point precisely. You actually liked the OST, but use it here as a point of critic as SnK had more. The action was mediocre, because SnK’s was better. You didn’t like the starting episode, yet continued to watch and hate on the show for a full season.

You didn’t rate this show, from day one you used this show to strengthen your rating of SnK.

Wait, what? You claim that giving SnK a higher rating than KnK is hypocritical and when someone explains why they did that, you still complain? I gave SnK a 9 and while I haven't rated KnK yet, I wouldn't give it more than a 5 or a 6. Forget the comparisons and forget Biba; this show was full of plot holes and conveniences from the very beginning. Take a look at the discussion threads, people have pointed out really stupid shit in every episode. I went "bullshit" every few minutes and found the characters extremely dumb. It was quite entertaining, yes, but only when watching it with a friend and turning our brains off, laughing at all the goofs and decisions the characters made.
Jul 3, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
Laionidas said:
I think the two points about the characters are more or less one single point, and I disagree with it as well. We could probably debate it to no end, I also absolutely loved the art style. These are very subjective opinions though, and all of them are valid points.

They are two different points. I didn't like the stereotypes of the characters in the first feel because it felt copied from AoT i.e Mikasa/Levi=Mumei, Ikoma=Eren. But when they started making Mumei's character different from Mikasa, that is develope her characters more, it was done so badly. Like I said, unnaturally. These points are subjective but I guess a majority do feel the same because only bad writing leads to this.
Laionidas said:
These make sense individually, but in combination not so much. What it basically boils down to is that cliché is fine if the execution is, but the execution is not fine if it includes cliché’s,.. how?

You're mixing up things. "Execution of Cliche things", not execution of the whole show in general. Now I can post some Gintama spoilers to make you understand how cliche is done correctly but I'd rather not. Secondly excluding the cliche scenes, the series had terrible execution of the plot in general, switching from one thing to another. Yes, this is where Biba comes in. The first goal that I understood from the series was to survive from the Kabane? Then what, making Mumei human? Or what, killing Biba ..... what the hell happened to finishing off the Kabane and finding solution to prevent it's spreading? Or maybe I didn't pay attention at the last since I almost slept and with Mumei being saved, every problem was solved? I really didn't pay too much attention at the ending because I didn't care but I'd appreciate some answers, whether they were eradicated from earth not not.

Laionidas said:
Again the example Ipresented earlier: if plot originally warants such a drop in rating, then why is Code Geass (R2) still in everyone’s favourites, including yours, after it literally took its main plot point AND theme straight from Gundam Wing?
There are shows that sorely dissapointed me in the second half or final episode of a season, e.g. Ald Noah Zero, BokuMachi, etc.. However, I didn’t hate on them from the first episode, and actually both examples still managed to get a 6 for the parts I did like. If a show is at a 2 or a 3 from the onset, I’ll drop it.

Unlike Gundam, giant robots and war has been a thing for very long time. But releasing right after SnK, from the same studio and the same people, KnK was made. Now that is a guaranteed copy. It's starting is similar to SnK's. But was Code Geass's starting similar to any of the Gundam Wing which took away the "starting feel"? Dunno, I haven't watched it yet. But what I can sat is that, Code Geass had a character for me to get engaged with the story. I couldn't care less about fighting in giant robots or fighting by guns etc, because the thing people saw in Code Geass was the story of revenge mixed with spowerpower element.

As for the second half disappointment. Dunno about BokuDake but have watched Aldnoah Zero. Gave the second season a 6/10 because it still had the same characters from the first season and they kept me engaged in the show (as I said, characters are the most important thing to me) unlike certain someone. Also there was no point in hating them from the first episode because they still had fraction of a original feel to them though I know which show it did try to become.
Laionidas said:
This proves my point precisely. You actually liked the OST, but use it here as a point of critic as SnK had more. The action was mediocre, because SnK’s was better. You didn’t like the starting episode, yet continued to watch and hate on the show for a full season.

You didn’t rate this show, from day one you used this show to strengthen your rating of SnK.

Read back and you'll find it was you who wanted it to compare to SnK and know why couldn't it reach SnK's glory. As I said, these "merits" manage to make this a 4/10 rather than a 2-3/10. End of discussion.
CG-SilverJul 3, 2016 8:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 8:04 AM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
OtakuDaikun said:

Despite you being a self proclaimed elitist I feel I need to remind you that something isn't a mistake just because you pick it out and deem it one. Ikoma isn't surviving due to "plot armor" any more than any other character in fiction. His vitality was narratively justified, including his awakening at the very end. That term alone gets tossed around without proper analysis.

Justified by being able to use magic out of nowhere, plot convinience as stone falling into water and obvious "didn't kill him" at the very end.

OtakuDaikun said:
It's like, rather than letting yourself enjoy what's in front of you, you've made it a personal mission to make a problem out of various things.

"Enjoy it and ignore all those mistakes."
Sure that's how everything ends up 10/10 on everyone's list.

OtakuDaikun said:
you've made it a personal mission to make a problem out of various things.

You know this is a discussion thread?

I know Kabaneri is shit, but they're right, you know...
Jul 3, 2016 8:59 AM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
On_the_Lam said:

I know Kabaneri is shit, but they're right, you know...

No? Plot armor is plot armor. I am also allowed to search for flaws/illoginal things and point them out in episode discussions. Many people get butthurt over what I did and call me this and that and that I should leave the discussion thread, drop this show already and so on. But this is a discussion thread and not a fanboy thread. What do they expect in the first place? Why are they in an episode discussion if they can't stand it?
Also what about you elaborating what I have done is illegal/moraly wrong/whatever instead of just "they are right"?

There's a difference between good critique and nitpicking. The latter is what you've mostly done while Kabaneri was on-air.

Nooo, everyone should rate how they want. There is also no reason to get bothered by what others think either. But those elitists, they are the worst type of mankind because they got sh*t taste and give shows we like low scores.

Amen.
Jul 3, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2012
Overall expected good end. Didn't know if Ikoma or Mumei would kill Biba, so that's cool, kills her savior Ani-sama for gohan. Rice paddies banzai!! Stone keepsake also surprising to be useful but not magical.
Pacing ok for 1 cour, which usually is rushed.
Gave lots of badass potential when hunters arrived. But as Biba's motives were revealed, PTSD rich kid with daddy issues, who wants revenge by destroying everything, plot fell flat. Action remains exciting & great art usually.

Heard people say he never felt fear, but just talking about it. There's at least two specific moments where he felt fear, with Horobi & Ikoma. He believes he got the same fear like daddy, and became a coward like he said as he snuck behind Ikoma. He's self aware & insane for destruction, but mostly just like the fear mongering mob he caused.
Why he shot the white blood into Ikoma? I wonder. But seems he's very eager to fight someone. He was overjoyed to find Ikoma who knows no fear, maybe he's obsessed with "fear". Really besides the trainwrecking Ikoma did (similar to Horobi's burst), he wasn't really OP just braver after his mantears.
Nice Mumei imagery, despite overused butterflies, at least she her giraffe walker got to doze in a garden. Throwing Ikoma & jumping part was lol.
Plot has nothing amazing, got some nice detail tie ins, nice ships, basic char development, and Yukina's bicep.
Jul 3, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
Too bad the series was rushed in its last episodes the only time I will probably come back to it is to listen to its music and watch the epic fight scenes.
Jul 3, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
kamisama751 said:
On_the_Lam said:

There's a difference between good critique and nitpicking. The latter is what you've mostly done while Kabaneri was on-air.

I don't deny that I am nitpicking in these threads but how does that lead to me being not allowed to post that? These are episode discussion threads and we discuss about everything it got.

Nothing wrong with nitpicking, or posting about it. I'm actually quite a fan of that. The problem is with passing conclusive judgment on a show, based on said nitpicking, especially if it's not done consistently for every other show.

SunkenShip said:
Wait, what? You claim that giving SnK a higher rating than KnK is hypocritical and when someone explains why they did that, you still complain? I gave SnK a 9 and while I haven't rated KnK yet, I wouldn't give it more than a 5 or a 6. Forget the comparisons and forget Biba; this show was full of plot holes and conveniences from the very beginning. Take a look at the discussion threads, people have pointed out really stupid shit in every episode. I went "bullshit" every few minutes and found the characters extremely dumb. It was quite entertaining, yes, but only when watching it with a friend and turning our brains off, laughing at all the goofs and decisions the characters made.

Nope, I didn't say that. I complain about people giving KnK a rating of <4, just because it is not SnK.

Even if it does not reflect my personal preference, rating SnK higher than KnK is perfectly fine, as is rating KnK with a ‘5 or a 6’.

CG-Silver said:
They are two different points. I didn't like the stereotypes of the characters in the first feel because it felt copied from AoT i.e Mikasa/Levi=Mumei, Ikoma=Eren. But when they started making Mumei's character different from Mikasa, that is develope her characters more, it was done so badly. Like I said, unnaturally. These points are subjective but I guess a majority do feel the same because only bad writing leads to this.

So you first established Mumei = Mikasa/Levi, which you hold against her as a character. Then, when she turns out nor to be Mikasa/Levi,.. you hold that against her? And please don’t tell me you think Mikasa was not a badly developped character. Levi I can get behind, he has his fortes, but Mikasa,..

CG-Silver said:
You're mixing up things. "Execution of Cliche things", not execution of the whole show in general. Now I can post some Gintama spoilers to make you understand how cliche is done correctly but I'd rather not. Secondly excluding the cliche scenes, the series had terrible execution of the plot in general, switching from one thing to another. Yes, this is where Biba comes in. The first goal that I understood from the series was to survive from the Kabane? Then what, making Mumei human? Or what, killing Biba ..... what the hell happened to finishing off the Kabane and finding solution to prevent it's spreading? Or maybe I didn't pay attention at the last since I almost slept and with Mumei being saved, every problem was solved? I really didn't pay too much attention at the ending because I didn't care but I'd appreciate some answers, whether they were eradicated from earth not not.

So either you should have paid a bit more attention, or you don’t get the concept of an open ending. The kabane were there and still are. What’s confusing about that?

CG-Silver said:
Unlike Gundam, giant robots and war has been a thing for very long time. But releasing right after SnK, from the same studio and the same people, KnK was made. Now that is a guaranteed copy. It's starting is similar to SnK's. But was Code Geass's starting similar to any of the Gundam Wing which took away the "starting feel"? Dunno, I haven't watched it yet. But what I can sat is that, Code Geass had a character for me to get engaged with the story. I couldn't care less about fighting in giant robots or fighting by guns etc, because the thing people saw in Code Geass was the story of revenge mixed with spowerpower element.

I wasn’t talking about the ‘giant robots’ themselves.

CG-Silver said:
As for the second half disappointment. Dunno about BokuDake but have watched Aldnoah Zero. Gave the second season a 6/10 because it still had the same characters from the first season and they kept me engaged in the show (as I said, characters are the most important thing to me) unlike certain someone. Also there was no point in hating them from the first episode because they still had fraction of a original feel to them though I know which show it did try to become.
Read back and you'll find it was you who wanted it to compare to SnK and know why couldn't it reach SnK's glory. As I said, these "merits" manage to make this a 4/10 rather than a 2-3/10. End of discussion.

I could read back forum discussions of all twelve episodes and not come to that conclusion. It’s not about how much glory which show gets, its about double standards.

You are again insinuating that KnK tried to ‘become’ SnK. If you start out from that premise, then conclude it does not become SnK, then yeah it’s going to dissappoint. It’s kinda like a self fullfilling prophecy.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 3, 2016 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
Despite everything I feel like WIT Studio deserves a medal for pulling of a production like this. The past couple of years I've seen so many shows become the victim of the way the industry works, this finale was nothing but spectacular. It kind of irritates me to see that many people keep overlooking the production values on this thing, just because the entire show doesn't look like the first two episodes, which was impossible from the start.

Yes, the story and the writing aren't the best, but I was here for the (steampunk feudal japan zombie) setting, the art and animation and the music, and I enjoyed myself immensely.
Jul 3, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
Laionidas said:
I could read back forum discussions of all twelve episodes and not come to that conclusion. It’s not about how much glory which show gets, its about double standards.

You are again insinuating that KnK tried to ‘become’ SnK. If you start out from that premise, then conclude it does not become SnK, then yeah it’s going to dissappoint. It’s kinda like a self fullfilling prophecy.

Dude how clueless can you be? What I wrote is not rocket science that you can't understand the point. The reason I'm comparing it to SnK is because you're complaining, " Muh people double standards, SnK 10/10 and KnK 4/10, hypocrite bla bla bla".

FFS get the point already that even a pleb like me who likes mainstream stuff hates this show because it was badly written. How many times do I need to mention thi simple logic.

Laionidas said:
So you first established Mumei = Mikasa/Levi, which you hold against her as a character. Then, when she turns out nor to be Mikasa/Levi,.. you hold that against her? And please don’t tell me you think Mikasa was not a badly developped character. Levi I can get behind, he has his fortes, but Mikasa,..

SnK got a 9/10 from me because of characterisation. The characterisation was not bad, but it didn't even exist for Mikasa which is the primary flaw in SnK. SnK lacks character development, most of the characters are too one-dimensional. However, they aren't unbearable cause they don't even have an impact. It's the mysteries (a whole lot of them), soundtracks, animation, concept, conflicts and lastly enjoyment that makes SnK a 9/10 for me. Simply putting, it's interesting.

Laionidas said:
So either you should have paid a bit more attention, or you don’t get the concept of an open ending. The kabane were there and still are. What’s confusing about that?

Nothing's confusing but the last episode was getting praise which I couldn't find so I though maybe while defeating the big monster, the source for Kabane's maybe destroyed or some shit. But guess what, it didn't even pay attention to the most important goal of the anime .......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2015
LauraBirdie said:
Despite everything I feel like WIT Studio deserves a medal for pulling of a production like this. The past couple of years I've seen so many shows become the victim of the way the industry works, this finale was nothing but spectacular. It kind of irritates me to see that many people keep overlooking the production values on this thing, just because the entire show doesn't look like the first two episodes, which was impossible from the start.

Yes, the story and the writing aren't the best, but I was here for the (steampunk feudal japan zombie) setting, the art and animation and the music, and I enjoyed myself immensely.

That's the only credit it gets from me. Sawano Hiroyuki and WIT studio, though their efforts were wasted, I still appreciate them.
Jul 3, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
CG-Silver said:
Dude how clueless can you be? What I wrote is not rocket science that you can't understand the point. The reason I'm comparing it to SnK is because you're complaining, " Muh people double standards, SnK 10/10 and KnK 4/10, hypocrite bla bla bla".

My remark was a reference to earlier posts by others. I mentioned several other anime to illustrate the double standards argument. I've also specifically stated several times that it's not about which show is better, but about how a show is rated next to another. Finally I never called anyone a hypocrite, just pretentious.

CG-Silver said:
FFS get the point already that even a pleb like me who likes mainstream stuff hates this show because it was badly written. How many times do I need to mention thi simple logic.

Calling yourself a pleb,.. that's just so hipster.

CG-Silver said:
But guess what, it didn't even pay attention to the most important goal of the anime .......

Well brilliant, who's fault is that?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 3, 2016 11:30 AM

May 2016
So BIBA used his white blood to save Ikoma?? Im i right?? It was a really great series there will be season 2??
Jul 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
Laionidas said:
Calling yourself a pleb,.. that's just so hipster.

SAO 9/10
AoT 9/10
NGNL 9/10
Guilty crown 9/10
Bleach 8/10
Fairy Tail 8/10

That's pleb enough considered by MAL standards, wouldn't you agree?

Laionidas said:
Well brilliant, who's fault is that?

In case if you misunderstood it, I was saying it's the anime's fault that it didn't even care about it's primary goal i.e find a solution to survive Kabane, lol
Jul 3, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2015
Thank god Biba finally died. I gave this show 6/10, but 2 additional points were for music and just music.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 3, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
Kabaneri of the Iron Trainwreck.
Jul 3, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
Elanin said:
So BIBA used his white blood to save Ikoma?? Im i right?? It was a really great series there will be season 2??
That's right. He shot it into Ikoma (right after Mumei woke up) because he became ashamed of his cowardly attempt to kill Ikoma (who had lost his vision) from behind and wanted to redeem himself by having a fair fight.
Jul 3, 2016 12:32 PM

May 2016
Phoebe3315 said:
Elanin said:
That's right. He shot it into Ikoma (right after Mumei woke up) because he became ashamed of his cowardly attempt to kill Ikoma (who had lost his vision) from behind and wanted to redeem himself by having a fair fight.

Thanks for the answer dude! My cousin guest it xD
Jul 3, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2012
Biggest disappointment of the season for me (more than Mayoiga). I thought this anime was going to be one of the best of the season. I liked the premise and thought the story was going to be about their struggle to live and fight the hordes of kabanes, but it turned out kabanes became secondary.

Even before Biba appearance, the anime was already disappointing. That episode with that dual wielding kabane...i thought Ikoma was going to do something coll to kill it, but it was so lame the way they killed that kabane.

6/10 and is more than fair.
I despise woke people.
Jul 3, 2016 2:02 PM
Jul 2014
I don't know why, but this anime reminds me so much of Guilty Crown. Overall same plot with little to no character development ,and a story that was just added in there to "explain" the action scenes that was the main focus of this show. I feel like we're missing out from the real story......I wonder how it would've been with a bigger budget :(
Jul 3, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2013
Good start, generic shit ending. 5/10.
I was really hyped about this when it's started, but now I just want to forget it. Way to fuck up.
Jul 3, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
how to destroy a show with the introduction of one character (biba-sama)? Kabaneri just showed to us with this last episodes. At this point, it was obvious that the end would be cringeworthy.

What a disappointment! After this biba appeared evertything became so predictable and cliche.

I hate characters that are so op in everything but honestly there is no reason to biba sama be so. I have already saw villains that are so much more interesting that him, but they were not op. My impression is that they tried to create the most op character ever to show what a bad guy he can be. But i don't think that's the way to create a really good villain.
Jul 3, 2016 5:52 PM

Sep 2015
2/10

Most unintentional amusing anime that I've ever seen.

That badass Ikoma entrance where there isn't nothing badass about it will always remain in my mind.

Glad I've watched you kabaneri

ROFTL.
Jul 3, 2016 6:10 PM
Apr 2016
Oh, please. Please tell us more about how you hated the anime. As if we care about what you guys think. *rolls eyes.
Jul 3, 2016 6:24 PM

Apr 2011
She does it again!

Jul 3, 2016 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
I just realized...

The metal bolted to Biba's shoulder indicates he was very likely bitten by a Kabane and managed to stop the virus similarly to how Ikoma did. I think maybe "naturally made" Kabaneri just burn their life force with black blood while "artificially made" Kabaneri can become a Nue, probably due to something special the scientists did to the red blood. I bet what the main scientist guy said about only females being able to turn into Nue was a generalization because the only female Kabaneri he knew included Horobi and Mumei, while the only male Kabaneri he knew were Ikoma and Biba. The line about male Kabaneri being rare was also probably a generalization which really meant surviving a Kabane bite is a lot harder than surviving a red blood injection. I'm assuming Biba didn't make more Kabaneri besides Horobi and Mumei because he only needed two; together they could take out the toughest Kabane, and for his revenge he needed one to destroy Iwato Station and the other to destroy Kongokaku.
Jul 3, 2016 8:58 PM

Apr 2011
luccide said:
The show lost significant tension and captivation that I felt at the start after a few episodes in. Production wise, animation and quality remain top notch nonetheless. 8/10 from me

I have the exact same feeling about it. This show was great, the last arc was definitely the problem here. Biba was a poor decision, but it still managed to end well, even if the last episode was jam packed.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 3, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah it's unfortunate this seemed to have sorta teetered off and started throwing things at you suddenly.

Not sure how i felt about this ending... Apparently Ikoma got the antidote crap from Biba?
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 4, 2016 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
LMAO/10. Would not watch again!

The animation and OST is just too good, though not enough to save its horrible writing.
Jul 4, 2016 12:48 AM
May 2012
So I just realized that does Kabaneri Ikoma covered with crystal (sort of) all over his body really reminds me of Ouma Shuu (Guilty Crown)??? WHHYYY???

Honestly, Tetsuo Araki & Ichiro Okuchi What the hell are your guys smoking at this point?!!
JafriZinJul 4, 2016 5:51 AM
Jul 4, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2013
Quite so much hate in this series, anyway it's nothing great but for me it was solid mindless action flick. It didn't bore me, thus second best title of the season.

C+
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 4, 2016 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
It started so good, but after Biba showed up it went downhill, it would be better without him, you know, just them fighting the zombies in the train, and all...
I can't deny that this anime had the best OP and ED song I have hear in a while in op/ed. Egoist is always good.
I am glad Mumei is safe, Ikoma could have died, I don't care...
Best thing in this episode was:

7/10.
Jul 4, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
total rip off but still didnt bored me =D
6/10
Jul 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Jun 2007
Not even an evil bishie with Light Yagami's voice could salvage the trainwreck that was the last half. At least Ikoma got a cool haircut, right? Just a shame the budget evaporated.

I'm still iffy on the world building from start, mind you: steam guns relied on that couldn't kill zombies, suicide bags with the power to kill zombies but only used for suicide, Mumei chopping off zombie heads with her sandal/not needing to hit heart, train stations being the last hope of humanity... meh, best not to overthink.
Jul 4, 2016 5:51 AM
May 2012
*cricket sounds*

that feeling when nobody seems to answer my previous in-story explanation even though it's over...

Great, am I being ignored on the list again?? I guess I am... typical myanimelist forum.
JafriZinJul 4, 2016 5:56 AM
Jul 4, 2016 5:57 AM
Mar 2015
Biba didn't ruin the show. It's been downhill since the second episode.
Jul 4, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2012
Was kinda late with the start so decided to post the overall after the season.
The story is nothing special, i just don't like at all these type of endings (parasyte comes to mind), feels like i watched it for nothing.
Really didn't like any of the characters and it's pretty important point for me.
At least the animations were pretty good so some fights were looking nice which is a rare occasion nowadays.
About it being rushed i think it's just whatever, couple of episodes wouldn't have changed anything. With Biba's appearance it went downhill, but as the story was cliche don't see many (or any) ways to improve this series drastically.
As for the last episode, the fight was not that impressive, and Ikoma should've been dead in the end, i'm all for happy ending, but it was just wrong.
Overall i think i'll give it a 7, it was not that bad, just overhyped.
Jul 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Yeeeeees, this trainwreck is finally over and there is no sign for a continuation. Thank god.
Anyway, this episode contains unussually many mistakes. Maybe I put some effort since this is the last episode but I don't really know.

Mistakes count through the whole show: 97
Damn, I can't beat cinemasins.
Final score for this mess: 2/10.

Jarjaxle said:

Yeah no Magical powers and thank Kami for that. I would have though this lot worse if it had give any powers to somone.

Thank Ikoma for saying it is science in the first episode. :D
It has plenty of potential for a continuation...their's still Kabane everywhere. Would rather have a sequel of this over AOT S2 at this point.
Jul 4, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2010
A pretty decent end for a decent anime imo.
Wasn't as bad as some people say it is.
Jul 4, 2016 11:41 AM
Dec 2014
kamisama751 said:
Yeeeeees, this trainwreck is finally over and there is no sign for a continuation. Thank god.
Anyway, this episode contains unussually many mistakes. Maybe I put some effort since this is the last episode but I don't really know.

Mistakes count through the whole show: 97
Damn, I can't beat cinemasins.
Final score for this mess: 2/10.

Thank Ikoma for saying it is science in the first episode. :D

That is the greatest silly mistake list I've ever seen.. Congratulations :)
Jul 4, 2016 11:45 AM
Dec 2014
wow, so much overreaction around :)

It was pretty OK.. the biggest shock was that happy end... Like WTF ?

As someone already wrote, bit of happiness never hurt anyone :)
Jul 4, 2016 12:44 PM
Dec 2014
kamisama751 said:
genk1sudo said:

That is the greatest silly mistake list I've ever seen.. Congratulations :)

Sorry for insulting your intelligence bro, but this list is made for comedic purposes. :D

ouch.. I need to recalibrate my sarcasm detector obviously :)
Jul 4, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
Well damn.

That went from great to shit in only 3 episodes. Or was it 4. Biba has to be the character I hate the most in a long time.

Oh, not as a villain. No, he was just another generic, stupid, retarded, non-sensical idiot. Run of the mill really. He brought stupidity, fails and facepalm into an anime that was great up to that point.

First few episodes were great, survival, "racism" (or whatever hatred of normal people towards Kabaneri would be), emotions, badass MC. It was great.
Why couldn't they set some goal up, like, say, getting to this castle town and we watch their journey for 12 episodes.
Walking dead of sorts, only anime.

Constant threat of kabane, split population due to kabaneri, having to enter towns where kabane might be so they could get food, you know, shit like that. I mean, that's how the show looked after first 5-6 episodes.
Develop characters in the meantime of course. Make us care about them etc.

Instead. Biba! RUSH THE STORY.
Or, to quote that train driver "EVASIVE MANEUVERS!"

I'm not even going to comment on happy ending, there's no point.

Frack this shit. 5/10
Jul 4, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
This was pretty good. The finale definitely seemed a bit rushed. Was hoping for a much bigger showdown between Biba and Ikoma, but oh well.
Biba giving Ikoma the white blood? What? What's up with Biba. It's like he existed only to get revenge on the Shogun and now that he did, he doesn't care about dying.. He could've been such a big help if he would just step down from the villain role. Glad to see that there's a bit of romance between Ikoma and Mumei. I was really hoping that at the end, when Ikoma woke up, they'd end with that cliché phrase "Are you human or a kabane?" "Neither, I'm a kabaneri!" lol

7/10

caught in the wonder
Jul 4, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Major123 said:
It has plenty of potential for a continuation...their's still Kabane everywhere. Would rather have a sequel of this over AOT S2 at this point.

They need a new destination/goal but there isn't any.
Well they could look for the source of the Kabaneri, maybe they will find a hint or something. I'd just like to see more of this series so I don't care what they do.
Jul 4, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2016
It ended really well.

I really thought either Mumei or Ikoma (most likely I really think he would die) will die but it's nice that they both survived.

I was quite shocked when Ikoma beat the train though... didn't expect that scene... sudden OP boost???... OK.

And once again, Kurusu's BLUSHING moments... my favorite. :D

I hope there will be a season 2 of this though it's an original story, I am thinking what's next in line?... Looking forward for the possibilities. :)
Jul 5, 2016 1:12 AM

Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Major123 said:
Well they could look for the source of the Kabaneri, maybe they will find a hint or something. I'd just like to see more of this series so I don't care what they do.

That's even less possible since they completely ignored that and did sh*tty drama with Biba.
It seems like you just don't want one...
Jul 5, 2016 1:27 AM

Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Major123 said:
It seems like you just don't want one...

Why should I want another season of this trainwreck?
Welp that ends this discussion.
Jul 5, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
JeffreyZin said:
So I just realized that does Kabaneri Ikoma c̶̷o̶̷v̶̷e̶̷r̶̷e̶̷d̶̷ ̶̷w̶̷i̶̷t̶̷h̶̷ ̶̷c̶̷r̶̷y̶̷s̶̷t̶̷a̶̷l̶̷ ̶̷(̶̷s̶̷o̶̷r̶̷t̶̷ ̶̷o̶̷f̶̷)̶̷ ̶̷a̶̷l̶̷l̶̷ ̶̷o̶̷v̶̷e̶̷r̶̷ ̶̷h̶̷i̶̷s̶̷ ̶̷b̶̷o̶̷d̶̷y̶̷ ̶̷r̶̷e̶̷a̶̷l̶̷l̶̷y̶̷ ̶̷r̶̷e̶̷m̶̷i̶̷n̶̷d̶̷s̶̷ ̶̷m̶̷e̶̷ of AYY LMAO (AYY LMAO)??? WHHYYY???

Honestly, Tetsuo Araki & Ichiro Okuchi What the hell are your guys smoking at this point?!!

Shhhhhh
Don't spoil about guilty crown I think lotsa peeps still didn't watch that show.

But the fact is WTH happen with Araki and Okuchi.

I think the team could have done better job about editing and stuff, even the story it self being crap. Not just bring those cliche scenes and C grade editing.

Optimistic score : MFK KEK this show is just AoT SS2 Warm up /10
When you didn't get any attack on titan spoilers and watch SS2-EP6 ↓
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzwzpir1WJXeNU5iVy0tWkhHb0U/view
(Broken ass link.. Just check out junkputty SS2-EP6 reaction.)
Jul 5, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2015
I seem to be in the minority when I say that this series was quite brilliant. Yes there were rushed bits and many mistakes made and nobody liked Biba, but all's well that ends well, and I like to think I watch anime because I want to enjoy it, not because I want to point out every single flaw I can find.

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 5, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2015
This was such bullshit, it was okay about halfway, then everything started going downwards, it was a waste of time
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

408 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.