Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Big Order
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2016
I dropped a tear .. this is awesome tbh i can't wait to discover what's going to happen next !
Seunghoon my sunflower
Apr 15, 2016 7:07 PM

May 2013
I haven't read the source material, so I'm kind of confused here. Am I supposed to be cheering for the megalomaniac that destroyed the world once already and has now decided to mind-rape everyone left into submission or the organization that sends squads of little-sister murdering soldiers after a high school kid?
Apr 15, 2016 7:33 PM

Dec 2014
Ok so hyped that mirai nikki feeling ...... I dont know what to expect from this show
Apr 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Oct 2014
so what a surprise the author of mirai nikki is still a hack writer that can not write story that makes sense
Apr 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
I'm hyped for more overpowered dominating characters.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Apr 15, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
Moridin17 said:
I haven't read the source material, so I'm kind of confused here. Am I supposed to be cheering for the megalomaniac that destroyed the world once already and has now decided to mind-rape everyone left into submission or the organization that sends squads of little-sister murdering soldiers after a high school kid?

embrace the edgelord in yourself and cheer for the horrible prick to beat the other horrible pricks
Apr 15, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2009
FragOutFire said:
You thought this was JoJo! BUT IT WAS ME, BIG ORDER!

I had the same thought. Watching the show with this mindset is going to make it a lot better than it otherwise would be.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Apr 15, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
It was a pretty nice start. Just wonders how many episodes will this have...?
Apr 15, 2016 8:17 PM
Mar 2009
I liked it. I watched the OVA and this was way better. I figured he wanted to be Evil Ranger (-ish). When a girl goes all psycho-eyed and starts stabbing you, a little mental rewriting is okay I think.

People seem to think the MC is evil, but as the episode progresses we learn he was:
a) 4 or 5 years old. SO EVIL!
b) 10000x stronger EXTRA STRENGTH! and
c) couldn't control the power CHECK OUT THE MATH A + B = C.

He's only going apeshit because some dummy stabbed his sister in front of him.

Also, more proof that Japan is a country full of hospitalized, preteen girls. Hospitals all over must have entire imouto wings with special oniichan entrances.

I'll keep watching.
bear808Apr 15, 2016 8:27 PM
Apr 15, 2016 8:21 PM

Oct 2014
What did he do to her at the end? was this specified in the source material?
Apr 15, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode OMG!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2016 8:36 PM
Aug 2012
So did he just have his way with her at the end?
Apr 15, 2016 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely getting the Future Diary-feel. We have Yuno 2.0 so where's my Akise...

This also reminded me of JoJo because the Orders are like Stands and Eiji's power reminds me of Dio's, especially with the flesh buds that have him control people so I wonder if it's going to be like that.
Apr 15, 2016 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
Got so many Future Diary vibes from this it was nuts. Fantastic first episode, way better than I expected .The main character wanting to rule the entire world is such an interesting premise, I'm already invested in seeing how he goes about it.
Apr 15, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2014
This was absolute trash.
Nothing had any sort of impact or tension to it, things just fucking happened. The entire scene with the MC and Yuno 2.0 where he stabbed her was laughable, nothing felt dire, I didn't care for what was happening, even if it was supposed to be shocking. I felt nothing. The directing is really bad and the animation lacked any sort of weight to it. The same goes for the scene with Yuno 2.0 and the MC's imouto (RIP).

There's a huge problem with this show, and that's its sound directing. It's so painfully obvious if you have an ear for this sort of thing. The music played was completely unfitting in pretty much every damn scene. I mean, smooth jazz playing when your sister is getting killed in front of your eyes? And it doesn't even seem like they know how to cut the tracks up to fit a certain scene, they just slap the entire song on it and have it play throughout in its entirety, making it really awkward.
I don't know why that bothers me so much, it just does.

Also, the pacing was all over the damn place. I don't know if this is rushed or anything, but so many things just...happened. With no explanation or build-up whatsoever, just random events occurring one after another and trying to piece it together as a coherent story. And I didn't care about anything happening, because it was shoddy and poorly executed.

I knew that after I saw the OVA, which was also trash, that I wouldn't like this series, and I still don't.
HonguAug 24, 2017 1:30 AM
Apr 15, 2016 9:21 PM
Aug 2014
I loved this show. It was everything I prayed to Boshu to give me. The OVA prepared my rectum for this special take on Jojo. Cant wait to see the real Jojo Opening next week. I loved the OST and I think its use really accented the scenes to make sure nothing really felt edgy. Even if the guy is named Eiji, he never once came off as an edge lord which was shocking. I LOVE BIG ORDER!!!!!!! It seems like this show met the Big Order it was tasked to fill.
Apr 15, 2016 9:24 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

MC's ability is pretty reminiscent of Geass but a more OP version of it.

Sena is cute<3

Can't really say I like Rin.

Despite Eiji saying he would rule the world I doubt he actually has the conviction to do it. Just a while before saying that he was hell bent on not using his power and the only reason he actually decided to use it was to save Sena.
Not sure if he can really muster the kind of determination needed to succeed in something as exorbitant as World Domination.
However if he does succeed that would be really awesome.

That ending though, Highly questionable XD
Apr 15, 2016 9:27 PM

Apr 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Zarconeus238 said:
Can we talk about what happened in that last scene when blanked out by credits? I mean...I want to say he just tortured her by binding her body as tight as he could but let's be honest, the way she was speaking came off as he was doing something 18+ to her. Just sayin'

From horror to Hentai.

With Jazz in the background.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Apr 15, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2015
Seems pretty fun tbh. The intro was trippy.
Apr 15, 2016 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
i skipped through this episode to see if it was worth it. Saw people dying, then monsters, then girls who died come back to life O.o. imma needa watch the ova before episode 1 :)
Apr 15, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
Ichigo is just distracting me every 5 seconds.

Hello, hello there Yandere-chan.

I'll enjoy people getting stabbed to jazz music. Why not.
Apr 15, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2015
Below-average 1st episode....
I’m still gonna give it a go with a couple of more episodes, but I doubt that’d change... I remember reading some chapters of the manga sometime ago, and not being impressed by them; the whole thing felt chaotic and nonsensical (and not in a good way).

My expectations for this show are really low.

Hongu said:
There's a huge problem with this show, and that's its sound directing. It's so painfully obvious if you have an ear for this sort of thing. The music played was completely unfitting in pretty much every damn scene. I mean, smooth jazz playing when your sister is getting killed in front of your eyes? And it doesn't even seem like they know how to cut the tracks up to fit a certain scene, they just slap the entire song on it and have it play throughout in its entirety, making it really awkward.
I don't know why that bothers me so much, it just does.....

Yes, the sound direction is pretty bad/disappointing, which somewhat baffles me.... Yota Tsuruoka isn’t by any means a bad sound director, so I’m not sure what happened.... Overall, the sound direction on this episode felt awkward and without too much thought put into it.

Some people might not realized it, but sound is really important to set the proper mood of an scene (a bad sound direction could ruin a potentially good scene; things can easily go from serious to silly, or vice versa).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 15, 2016 10:47 PM

May 2014
The age of Mirai Nikki is upon us again
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 15, 2016 11:09 PM

Nov 2015
Nice start to the anime, I dont appreciate the OST much though as of yet. I am really looking forward to the rest knowing that Mirai Nikki was awesome and one of my favorites.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 11:18 PM
Aug 2015
Dystania said:
All the 'ORDER' screaming made me feel like I was watching Ace Attorney instead.

LMAO I don't know why, but this comment almost made me choke on my food xD
Apr 15, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2015
Damn that Sena-stabbing scene is so straight, I can't really watch t at first try.
iI can't really grab the situation of this Anime. So it's basically like a man that have a sisterthat seems to have a brother complex upon him and a probably-Goddess that helps him confront against Yuno Gasai-like woman that chasing after him.
At least for now it's pretty good action and worth to wait for next week episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 16, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2016
Erm okay. I think the plot is the foolest thing i've watch since i finished dtb s2 lol. Violence scenes are so weird. This show contains too much mere violence and desire. I hope the story will getting better..

MoNYeTLeWaTApr 16, 2016 12:17 AM
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Apr 16, 2016 12:22 AM
Nov 2013
Hm, I didn't think this was as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Definitely not the best show of the season, but I'm gonna have fun with this. I loved Mirai Nikki, even if it had some questionable plot holes.
Apr 16, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2014
Drake1000 said:
>The yandere is immortal
Haha bitch ! fear not, the MC has the power to control and destroy everything hurr durr...

hahahah. And i swear, not trying to hate on it for no reason, but what was the point of adding cg stands? Actually i think it was only the mc that had it, but still wtf...
Apr 16, 2016 12:41 AM

May 2014
-Senpai- said:
1/5 Even the shitty OVA was better than the 1st ep. I can't wait for the moment they all start shouting "ORDAHH", that shit was hilarious.

Btw, I'm only watching it to see how bad it can get....

U know how in shonen a lot of mc's use techniques that damage their bodies/shorten their lifespan? My theory is that by the end of the first season, if this shit keeps going in the same direction, the mc is gonna snap more than a few of his vocal cords from so much ORDAH!!!
Apr 16, 2016 12:53 AM

Jan 2015
It's really hard not to instantly think of Ichigo when Eiji talks.

Seems like the producers said to Morita: "Just do Ichigo"
Apr 16, 2016 12:57 AM

May 2014
bear808 said:

Also, more proof that Japan is a country full of hospitalized, preteen girls. Hospitals all over must have entire imouto wings with special oniichan entrances.

Stuff like this is why I read the comments hahaha
Apr 16, 2016 2:38 AM
Sep 2015
lol
what the fuck am i watching,jojo ?
is every order have stand ?
what ?
Apr 16, 2016 2:59 AM
Feb 2013
I was excited because the characters basically make this Mirai Nikki 2.0, but christ that was some poor animation for a first episode. Usually you'd expect them to up the effort for the pilot to draw people in, but they are already taking a bunch of shortcuts in the action sequences. The sound design was also poor. Jazz while watching your sister get stabbed doesn't make sense.
Apr 16, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
Don't give a damn what anyone says. She totally got tentacle raped at the end there.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 16, 2016 3:18 AM
Feb 2009
Holy s*, I'm stuck between haters and fanboys again.
Kind of OK but nothing special.
Apr 16, 2016 3:50 AM

Jun 2014
This show is garbage lol.

The dialogue feels so fucking stiff, the execution is so lazy, everything happens just because "plot convenience", there is no actual flow in the writing at all, shit just happens randomly.

The teacher decides to randomly explain the setting, the Daisy girl reveals some shit 10 years after the incident, the guy somehow managed to hide the fact that he is an "Order" for 10 years lol.

This shit is just a fucking mess and everything goes the way how the author wants it to, the characters have no will whatsoever lol.

I wish if they didn't censor the tentacle rape scene.

this is probably the worst anime of this season xD
Apr 16, 2016 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
zaydgh123 said:

The dialogue feels so fucking stiff, the execution is so lazy, everything happens just because "plot convenience", there is no actual flow in the writing at all, shit just happens randomly.

The teacher decides to randomly explain the setting, the Daisy girl reveals some shit 10 years after the incident, the guy somehow managed to hide the fact that he is an "Order" for 10 years lol.

This shit is just a fucking mess and everything goes the way how the author wants it to, the characters have no will whatsoever lol.

I thought the same, is this made by amateurs?

Voice acting sucks and somehow they fucked up the recording quality. The director is a clown, turning dramatic scenes into comedy, no sense of timing, ridiculous soundtrack and awkward animation.

What a mess and what a shame. This anime could have been good if the execution wasn't so sloppy.
Apr 16, 2016 4:26 AM

Jun 2014
BlueBalls said:
zaydgh123 said:

I thought the same, is this made by amateurs?

Voice acting sucks and somehow they fucked up the recording quality. The director is a clown, turning dramatic scenes into comedy, no sense of timing, ridiculous soundtrack and awkward animation.

What a mess and what a shame. This anime could have been good if the execution wasn't so sloppy.

I personally think that the writing that has absolutely no emotion is the reason why the VAs didn't go all out with this one.

Masakazu Morita is one of my favorite voice actors but his performance in this anime is quite weak.

also its funny how they use comedy OST for the serious scenes xD.

I can't believe that this is rated 7/10 on this site.......
Apr 16, 2016 5:36 AM

Apr 2015
damn... a good 1st episode... I like it
the art reminds me to Mirai Nikki, welp same author...
oh right, some of the OST didn't fit with the scene, maybe intentional
that last scene make me goes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wonder what will happen next episode

Just say "Akarin~" she will vanish
Apr 16, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
I watched for ecchi and romance..... and what did I got..... I had my eyes close for half the episode.... WTF.

Add psycho tag, didn't expect such violent scenes.
#CHEXIT
Apr 16, 2016 6:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So it's basically Mirai Nkki except with a wannabe version of Lelouch (both in terms of ambition and power) as the MC

Fair enough

The credits screen was hilariously suggestive lol
Apr 16, 2016 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
the sound at the credits really gives you the wrong impression lol
Apr 16, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2015
edenfruitmasify said:
It was a pretty nice start. Just wonders how many episodes will this have...?

10 or 11 most likely. It began airing later than the other shows
Apr 16, 2016 7:26 AM

Jul 2015
EDIT: The fucking credits has almost killed me, I was watching it with a laud speaker then I heard the VA's.... nevermind I'll just read the manga
VanAlexApr 16, 2016 7:32 AM
Apr 16, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Not bad but I didn't like the background music when he used his ability.
Apr 16, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
But why the stand? Isn't the superpower enough for this kind of thing? Man, the MC is pretty unoriginal. From the design,motivation and his power. Really?
Kaiser-chanApr 16, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 16, 2016 7:57 AM

Oct 2014
lmao all i see is yuno and yuki all over again
Apr 16, 2016 7:58 AM
Dec 2014
Good episode. I hope it will be as good as mirai nikki.
Apr 16, 2016 8:42 AM
Jan 2013
Pretty good animation!
but, they played jazz in a grimm situation? Fuck!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

213 by Thunderball2004 »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

120 by Psi18c »»
Nov 14, 2022 8:35 AM

» anyone know when the uncensored episodes are going to be released?

theweaboopenguin - Jul 17, 2016

5 by Psi18c »»
Nov 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

97 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

81 by Vindicater »»
May 12, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.