Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2015 7:27 AM

Mar 2014
Man, this is starting to get good again!
This episode had some better moments than previous ones.
I love the reveal of Krillin as the police officer, as well as the whole car chase before that, and Goku repeatedly asking Bulma if Whis is back in different locations was pretty good.
This felt like classic Toriyama to me, it had an almost Dr. Slump vibe to it.

I also wonder if it just felt better because of the updated character designs.
Anyway, seeing some non-earth stuff next episode should be cool. Pretty excited.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 5, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2009
well we all know Chichi i goin yo lose this argument anyway. I mean Pan becomes a fighter on par with her Uncle in the official DBZ ending.
Nov 6, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
hyped about the next epsiode. That's all.
Nov 6, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
Fine-ish episode I suppose, best part was Goku constantly annoying Whis while he was eating XD Guy just wanted to enjoy his food!
Nov 6, 2015 5:35 PM
Dec 2014
Finally the end of the Chi-Chi arc
Nov 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Vegeta has been training with Whis for 6 months.
Could this put him in the same level as Goku?
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 15, 2015 8:42 PM

Feb 2008
sgs2008 said:
Man watching this and kai simultaneously really makes it seem that super is more of a spinoff to dbz than a sequel. Way, way way too much comedy. There is no intensity or seriousness like there was in dbz. It almost feels like a kid's show.

Maybe because we're just 17 episodes in and they are retelling the two movies? And you should know about transition arcs. Jumping from one big action arc to another big action arc is why most WSJ of that type are shit.

I really liked that part where Bulma casually mentions Vegeta being with Whiz, and Goku jumps through the wall lol. I kind of expected him to do that and wasn't let down.

One thing I don't understand, why do people suddenly hate Chi Chi? The thing with Pan is no different than how she dealt with Gohan, except with Gohan it lasted 200 episodes. The thing with Goku makes sense. I mean, he would leave for God knows how long. No wife would want her husband to just leave to another galaxy. Goku probably spent majority of their marriage away from her training.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 16, 2015 10:55 AM
Feb 2015
Any episode that isn't movie rehash makes me happy! This was a better episode so far.
Nov 20, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
Chi-Chi needs to get laid.
Nov 25, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2013
damn i never knew Chichi was such a bitch
Dec 2, 2015 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
Gohan watched way too much Cutey Honey I guess.

That last exchange showing Goku's and Chi-Chi's letting go supposed to reassure us that they are actually a good marriage? Well, sorry, but it didn't sink. Chi-Chi is plainly annoying with her living in her inner wonderland where her husband isn't the main force that keeps their world safe from all these aliens and Goku is so monothematic with eating, training and beating the crap outta people, there's no place for anything else in his simple mind, especially not for his wife. Vegeta next to him feels like a living beacon family-manliness.

Videl doesn't get enough screentime in this show. I understand that they changed her previous boisterous persona because one Chi-Chi/Bulma is enough but heck, she doesn't even have an opinion about rising her own child. "I'll rise her, however I want to", well, duh. Too bad you didn't say that straight to Chi-Chi's face from the get-go.
Dec 4, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah sure, Chichi overpowers Goku...
Mar 7, 2016 11:47 PM

Jul 2014
This show right now is everything I wanted to see in dragonball that I didn't know I wanted to see. I love it, definitely an improvement over the less intense adaptation of battle of gods.
Oct 4, 2016 8:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
six monts later, Goku leave with whis to train, although he has hard to escape to Chichi xD
Oct 8, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
Man, Chi-Chi is such an over-controlling bitch. Pan isn't even your kid you cunt.
Nov 9, 2016 4:22 AM
Jul 2014
And once again Chichi is why we can't have nice things.
Dec 1, 2016 6:44 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit chichi has a great ability of getting over shit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 14, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
Krillin's ringtone though
May 6, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2016
Chi-Chi mad is a scary sight! Goku will be Goku a dumb lovable fighting/training maniac but I wonder what Vageta will think about Goku coming to train...I bet he won't be happy
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 15, 2017 7:55 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was hard to watch just because I was sooo sick of Chi Chi. Like seriously she's become MORE annoying than Mr. Satan through out the entire franchise! She's all like Ohhhh I need to set a good example, and yet she locked 2 of the 3 residents that actually live there! I sure hope this will be the last we see of Chi Chi for a tleast 30-50 episodes
May 22, 2017 6:03 PM

Dec 2009
[English Dub] 5.5/10
Alright Episode. Was enjoyable to an extent. Wasn't bad but. Nothing great.

Pan was adorable tho. That scene where Gohan and Hercule played with her was adorable and so sweet! Funny Gohan still has his Great Saiyaman outfit at like, 22 years old.
I really didn't respect Chi-Chi and Hercule being selfish in trying to raise Pan their way. It's Gohan and Videl's child, not theirs! I wish they got a little aggressive and told them. Hope they respect that one day. 'Ridiculous. Love Videl's reply though in saying that Pan can become whatever she wants to be.

Goku's reaction to learning Vegeta has been training with Whis, haha. Fucking barging in the wall of his son's house, sheesh.
May 11, 2019 10:24 PM

Dec 2012
Half a year has passed.
The baby is born. A girl? Gohan you weakling.
Her name is Pan.
lol at Chichi.
DAMN!!! Dat backpack!
Bulma got hit.
Kuririn is a cop.
OP ringtone. lol
LMAO at Goku crashing through the walls after what Bulma said.
Oh snap! Bulma shower scene with Goku this time.
Bulma got Goku a phone.
lol at Goku leaving the phone.
Whis agrees to train Goku.
Gohan snitched on Goku.
lol at Goten.
LMAO Goku just removed Chichi from him after Whis said he was going. Goku ain't joking no more.
Goku dipped.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2020 2:10 PM

Dec 2008
Baby Pan is so adorable and I'm also loving adult Gohan in this one.

Goku with a smartphone seems really weird to me for some reason.

Of course Goku had to train.
Jan 28, 2021 3:34 AM

Jun 2019
Bulma looks hot as hell. Also, Goku sure is an impatient one. LoL
Apr 6, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
Pre_Yum said:
Bulma looks hot as hell. Also, Goku sure is an impatient one. LoL

Yeah Bulma looked crazy good in this episode.

Also I dont understand the hate on Chichi here, she's always been the kind of woman that's been controlling.
She doesn't want Goku gone but knows he's the kind of guy you can't stop from doing what he wants, which is train and get stronger.

Seeing Gohan like this from the badass kid he was in the Cell games is a hell of a change, shame he's become a bit dull.
May 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Jan 2010
Okay yeah, this was surprisingly funny. Vegeta being a goof is such a gap from his regular character that it catches me off guard every time.
Dec 9, 2022 10:27 AM

Nov 2020
Chichi couldn't be bothered by the facts that Goku's going to train again

Oct 8, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 2023
IS SUPER SAIYAN BLUE KAIOKEN 100x GREAT
Oct 20, 2023 6:40 AM

Jan 2021
Goku just wants to punchy punch
Apr 17, 9:44 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Figured I should make a post for the episode that Pan joins the world, we kinda skipped the part where she was actually born but I can understand why they wouldn’t show that lol. And I know Pan never gets to her age she is in GT within Super, but I hope she’s treated well going forward as a character just like in GT, of course she had her rough moments before but I still liked her overall.

Besides this, man I’m ngl this episode was a bit rough in regards to the Goku and Chichi situation, yeah Chichi was annoying but at the same time Goku was being an ass too, I didn’t really sympathize much with either of them, I can kinda see Chichi’s argument but I didn’t like how she tried forcing her ways on Pan who’s not even her kid, and I can see that Goku needs to train as he’s the reason the planet is still there but him annoying both Bulma and Whis and that final moment where he pushed Chichi away did not make me support Goku much, but hey at least Chichi got over it fast and now Goku can go train as he pleases so we can get the show on the road.

And lastly it looks like we’re entering the Resurrection F stuff now with Bulma getting her hair done the same way it looked in the movie as well as Krillin getting his job as a cop, I’m excited to see how it goes down in Super.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

353 by shorba14 »»
Yesterday, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

99 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

82 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

73 by Jack_Voldigoad »»
Jun 13, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

60 by Gamerluna49 »»
Jun 12, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.