Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
SamVision said:
Just for the anime-only viewers: There was a scene in the LN and manga where Ikki was shown to be a lot more popular, with fangirls swarming him. Then a bunch of jealous guys try to attack him, only for Ikki to pwn them with his bare hands and an ERASER. That whole scene was removed completely. THAT is the extend to which this LN is being butchered.

That's good that at least that was removed, because that is some seriously atrocious cliche writing pandering to horny 14 year old boys.
Oct 10, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Great, more fuckin brocon shit.
Also I've never seen someone of Stella'a archetype turn deredere so fast. Stella and dose fat tits want the D sooo bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
I dunno, I really liked it. It's been a while since I started the manga so I have no clue what the anime-original scene was. I'm assuming it was Shizuku kissing Ikki? I don't remember that. Or, maybe it was the bath scene?
Either way I like the adaption so far. I'm not too critical with this stuff, as long as they keep this a straight-out romance instead of a harem, because it isn't supposed to be a harem.
The music and visuals are really great, and I loved the scene where Ikki told Stella of his past and his family. It was really nice.
Oct 10, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
I like it! That kiss and bath scene were totally unexpected for me. I think they're making Stella into a tsundere because they want to make the show Ecchi, not Romance<just my opinion.
Read Toriko!
Oct 10, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
A loli imouto with a brother complex? Check.

Typical "boob-shaming" scene between said imouto with a flat chest and female MC with large knockers? Check.

Bath scene, with large-chested female MC rubbing her boobs on male MC's back? Check.

And of course, the obligatory and inevitable "IYAAAAAAAAAAAA" followed by a bitch slap for something that wasn't even close to being the MC's fault? Check check check.

To the source material readers who continue repeating the same thing, "wait until episode 4".............that better be an AMAZING episode because this episode is not making this anime look any better. All of the stuff I mentioned above has been done elsewhere.

EDIT: Although somewhat minor, I forgot to mention the scene where Kurogane's fangirl grabbed his arm and was pretty much rubbing it in between her breasts, thus making the tsundere female MC jealous. Check.
thebrentinator24Oct 10, 2015 12:54 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2015 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
I guess they're making Stella into a tsundere because they want the show to be Ecchi, not Romance.
Read Toriko!
Oct 10, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
And of course, the obligatory and inevitable "IYAAAAAAAAAAAA" followed by a bitch slap for something that wasn't even close to being the MC's fault? Check check check.

That's an anime-only thing, btw. Never happened in the novel or the manga adaption. In novel and manga the clothes didn't fall off - Stella just ran off after pressing her break against his back.
Oct 10, 2015 12:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HandsomeMan said:
SamVision said:
Just for the anime-only viewers: There was a scene in the LN and manga where Ikki was shown to be a lot more popular, with fangirls swarming him. Then a bunch of jealous guys try to attack him, only for Ikki to pwn them with his bare hands and an ERASER. That whole scene was removed completely. THAT is the extend to which this LN is being butchered.

That's good that at least that was removed, because that is some seriously atrocious cliche writing pandering to horny 14 year old boys.
If this is what people are bitching about, then its pretty stupid considering that the fangirling part at least can easily be added elsewhere since I'm more than certain that he'll have lots of moments of him being badass which would then result in girls going all sugoiiiiii
Oct 10, 2015 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
Grey-Zone said:
thebrentinator24 said:

That's an anime-only thing, btw. Never happened in the novel or the manga adaption. In novel and manga the clothes didn't fall off - Stella just ran off after pressing her break against his back.

I see......good job to Silver Link for feeling the need to include a scene that has been done to death in so many other titles. That whole scenario gets more annoying the more it's done.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
Top tier shit right over here. Torrents of blood almost started flowing out of my nostrils after that bath scene.
Oct 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
God fucking damn it, Silver Link.

First you make Stella go into a Shokugeki no Soma induced mindgasm over Ikki's abs, and now you add in an unnecessary "slap" scene that wasn't even in the source material (or the manga)?

Can you fucking not do that, please?

They omitted the fight scene in the classroom. I'm kinda sad since it was a really interesting way to see how Ikki fights and how he uses dynamic vision over color. I thought it was really cool, but I guess they had to have room for exposition.
Oct 10, 2015 1:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AsianYeti said:

First you make Stella go into a Shokugeki no Soma induced mindgasm over Ikki's abs, and now you add in an unnecessary "slap" scene that wasn't even in the source material (or the manga)?

They omitted the fight scene in the classroom. I'm kinda sad since it was a really interesting way to see how Ikki fights and how he uses dynamic vision over color. I thought it was really cool, but I guess they had to have room for exposition.
Woah so its okay for guys to fawn over girl bodies but when its the other way around its a big deal =/
Oct 10, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Shizuku gave me a Shiranui like image... from medaka box.
Oct 10, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
4/5..without reading the manga..(0/5..after reading the manga....)but its the anime version which matters more..i enjoyed it quite a lot..but the useless original moment could have been avoided and instead the original material could have been used..AS a manga reader i am utterly dissapointed big time but as an anime viewer i am pleased..
JsmithmimOct 10, 2015 9:05 PM
Mim
Oct 10, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
I still can't get used to the OP, so funky lol.

S T E L L A B E S T G I R L
But.. seroiously, step up. Actually i'm gonna state that they haven't ruined it (yet), they're rather just waiting for the climax.

Overall ok episode, looking forward to next week.
Oct 10, 2015 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
I'm loving Stella more and more.... damn that bath scene....
Oct 10, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
nakedfoxspirit said:

But.. seroiously, step up. Actually i'm gonna state that they haven't ruined it (yet), they're rather just waiting for the climax.

Yea... generally it seems people who read the other versions are the majority of those who didn't like the episode. Appearantly the opinions of anime-onlies still varies as in the first episode.

At least no more "lol this is exactly the same as Asterisk" posts this time.
Oct 10, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:
nakedfoxspirit said:

Yea... generally it seems people who read the other versions are the majority of those who didn't like the episode. Appearantly the opinions of anime-onlies still varies as in the first episode.

At least no more "lol this is exactly the same as Asterisk" posts this time.

Indeed i couldn't have said it better myself.

Not sure if spoiler but.. I'll spoiler tag just in case.
Oct 10, 2015 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
Couldn't give a toss about the source material as I haven't read it. Enjoyable episode but I am partial to a bit of Ecchi.
Oct 10, 2015 1:39 PM
Feb 2015
Stella is becoming one of my favorite tsunderes!! That bath scene was great lmao. Learned a bit about the mc's past and how his sister loves him so much. I'm actually surprised that her roommate is a transgender? He/she told her to call him/her Alice
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 10, 2015 1:39 PM
Apr 2014
Literally Mahouka without the techno babble that no one cares about.
Fun and entertaining episode with lots of fanservice, Stella still best girl.

Watch out for the most op character in fiction.
Drake1000Oct 10, 2015 1:42 PM
Oct 10, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2012
AsianYeti said:

Too be fair, they didn't actually show the slap. She could be slappin that dick
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2014
ED reminded me of code geass.so I checked and its done by the same ppl (ali project). (They did code geass ED1)
There is not much source material translated I think? 3 ln volumes. I havent read any if it though
Oct 10, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
My exact reaction what that bath scene

Oct 10, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
AsianYeti said:

Woah so its okay for guys to fawn over girl bodies but when its the other way around its a big deal =/

That wasn't my point. In the manga, it was clearly expressed that Stella was getting hot and bothered from Ikki's body. The anime just made it look silly by adding some sort of mindgasm that you'd see from Shokugeki no Soma.

This makes sense.
http://i.imgur.com/nxVZ0gW.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/sU8f74t.png?1

This DOES NOT make sense.
http://i.imgur.com/KxmNSIX.jpg?1
Oct 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2015
Still way better than asterisk
Oct 10, 2015 2:19 PM
May 2015
A juniour who is a big fan of the MC
A sister who just fucking kissed his own brother
Stella joining in a bath with the MC and "accidentally" rubs her boob against the MC

How much more of this can I take?!

Oct 10, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Cliche as hell the whole bathroom scene. Also incest. Damn. Pure blood. Fucking. Incest.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 10, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2012
Well shit, they just went through a few tropes that I really hate, and it's romance tropes which I usually despise of the most compared to others. Stella's still decent but that tsundere attitude needs to go asap in order for me to tolerate this especially since she's obviously the girl Ikki will get with.

Other than that the episode was kinda boring, I didn't like the first half and the 2nd half was just average, I'll still give this show a chance, idk if it'll redeem itself though.
Oct 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2011
I haven't read the Light Novel of the series (only the Manga) but it seems pretty similar. Enjoyable episode and that bath seen.. glorious!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... Just awesome...
Oct 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
Dear Silver Link,
Next time, please put the obvious fanservice in episode 1. That way I close the tab and quit watching before bothering to add it on MAL. That way I only waste 8minutes of my life watching garbage, not an hour. Thanks.
Oct 10, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
Ranoom said:
^ Wow. Da fangirls.
u mean fanboy lol
Oct 10, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
That kiss though
Oct 10, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
It has its share of flaws, but man that was entertaining. Between the kiss and the bathroom scene, that went from normal to exceptionally lewd rather quickly.

There's definitely an enjoyable slice of life aspect hidden somewhere within the anime that the writers could tap into. I'm hoping for more story and inter-character development soon. According to source readers, we shouldn't be left hanging much longer.
Oct 10, 2015 3:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
And they told me this isn't a harem, huh? That imouto is umm.... perverted? And then came the bath scene...

No, sister's don't do that...
No, servents don't do that...

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerOct 10, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 10, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
Being an anime-only, I quite enjoyed the episode, tbh.

I like the characters, but I will admit that Stella felt more "generic tsundere" than "transforming to deredere with romance". I personally didn't particularly mind, since I can already see Stella gives a different vibe from other tsunderes.

1 thing that kinda bugged me was the super-quick intro to Nagi. And then Shizuku tells her past to someone she just met... why?
Oct 10, 2015 3:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AsianYeti said:
Tokoya said:

That wasn't my point. In the manga, it was clearly expressed that Stella was getting hot and bothered from Ikki's body. The anime just made it look silly by adding some sort of mindgasm that you'd see from Shokugeki no Soma.

This makes sense.

Its called good marketing

Besides its really not a big deal at all lol....In fact I think its great for them to do it considering how much of a success it is in Souma
Oct 10, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
Suddenly this anime got incredibly worse compared to its opening episode. One more crappy-generic-episode like this one and I say goodbye to this without giving a shot to the "FOURTH EPISODE" gaa gaa every second one of you have been referring to since before the start of this anime.

/leaves thread on the verge of dropping.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 10, 2015 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
The yandere Imouto show up and with a French kiss too.
Ikki's past is so harsh...if it was me, I would kill all those shitty people.
Stella still as cute as ever with her jealousy lol
Such lewdness...*nose bleed*
Oct 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
shanimebib said:
Suddenly this anime got incredibly worse compared to its opening episode. One more crappy-generic-episode like this one and I say goodbye to this without giving a shot to the "FOURTH EPISODE" gaa gaa every second one of you have been referring to since before the start of this anime.

I think you should just drop it here so you won't waste your time watching it and comment about it?
Oct 10, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:

Same here, I tried to give this show a second chance but this episode was full of fanservice and cliche scenes, plus the kiss with his sister was fucking sick. It's as generic as asterisk wars (which I also dropped atfter watching 10 minutes of the first episode) but it could be better without all those shitty scenes.

1/5
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 10, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
AsianYeti said:

This makes sense.

Besides its really not a big deal at all lol....In fact I think its great for them to do it considering how much of a success it is in Souma

"Good marketing"... uhhh, except it's not? It would've been way more provoking and even comedic if they just rolled with how it went in the LN/Manga.

Mindgasm / Foodgasm only works on Shokugeki no Soma (and Yakitate Japan) because it's established that it's used as an expression and they are consistent with it. Mindgasms/Foodgasms aren't bad, but when you put it in a show like this for absolutely no reason, that's just bad direction and that's the main issue here.
Oct 10, 2015 3:44 PM
Oct 2014
wincest.
Oct 10, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the boner, much appreciated. Dropped.
Oct 10, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
*sigh*

Yes, it's still no harem. If you still can't realize that even after the OP design, I can't help you.

No, if you don't like the settings and the characters, waiting for ep4 most likely isn't going to save things for you. Unfortunately, Silver Link is already taking several major liberties with the material, and all of them remove things which set the show apart from the rest, and replace them with "standard generics", dropping it into the mainstream. For fans of the original, this is sad, because it's so unnecessary.

I do understand why the show tried to end episode 1 where it ended. And yes, it was clear that we'd get more flashback exposition than it would be advisable in ep2. But so many questions which are crystal clear in the original are left unanswered this way. Example:

1) What caused Stella to completely revert her tsun towards Ikki to dere in this degree?
2) Why did Stella really enter Ikki's bath? (It's not the desire to be a good servant)
3) What's the reason for Stella to ask him if he liked Girls' breasts?

Unfortunately, without this context, it looked like merely pointless fanservice.

Finally: This is the second time when Silver Link added a slap where there wasn't any to begin with (in the original, Stella didn't lose her bra either). This is rubbing many fans - me included - very wrong, because Stella is NOT a typical violent tsundere-bitch. Silver Link should stop altering her character, since it doesn't help in the least. It's only making things worse.

All things considered, still good entertainment (and it's obvious that the vast majority of people unaware of the original have a good time). But it could be better. Hoping that Silver Link is regaining their stride.
Oct 10, 2015 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
I thought the ED was familiar when I heard it the first time, then I saw ALI Project.

The episode was pretty good, we at least got to know a bit about our MC. Looking forward for the next episode!!

Dat kiss tho
*Facepalm*
Oct 10, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2010
yep dropped. gave it a second chance but it turned out to be unwatchable for me.
Oct 10, 2015 4:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AsianYeti said:
Tokoya said:

"Good marketing"... uhhh, except it's not? It would've been way more provoking and even comedic if they just rolled with how it went in the LN/Manga.

Mindgasm / Foodgasm only works on Shokugeki no Soma (and Yakitate Japan) because it's established that it's used as an expression and they are consistent with it. Mindgasms/Foodgasms aren't bad, but when you put it in a show like this for absolutely no reason, that's just bad direction and that's the main issue here.
Not when clearly said character is thirsty as fuck which you seem to be overlooking :)
Oct 10, 2015 4:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mentar said:
*sigh*

Yes, it's still no harem. If you still can't realize that even after the OP design, I can't help you.

No, if you don't like the settings and the characters, waiting for ep4 most likely isn't going to save things for you. Unfortunately, Silver Link is already taking several major liberties with the material, and all of them remove things which set the show apart from the rest, and replace them with "standard generics", dropping it into the mainstream. For fans of the original, this is sad, because it's so unnecessary.

I do understand why the show tried to end episode 1 where it ended. And yes, it was clear that we'd get more flashback exposition than it would be advisable in ep2. But so many questions which are crystal clear in the original are left unanswered this way. Example:

1) What caused Stella to completely revert her tsun towards Ikki to dere in this degree?
2) Why did Stella really enter Ikki's bath? (It's not the desire to be a good servant)
3) What's the reason for Stella to ask him if he liked Girls' breasts?

Unfortunately, without this context, it looked like merely pointless fanservice.

Finally: This is the second time when Silver Link added a slap where there wasn't any to begin with (in the original, Stella didn't lose her bra either). This is rubbing many fans - me included - very wrong, because Stella is NOT a typical violent tsundere-bitch. Silver Link should stop altering her character, since it doesn't help in the least. It's only making things worse.

All things considered, still good entertainment (and it's obvious that the vast majority of people unaware of the original have a good time). But it could be better. Hoping that Silver Link is regaining their stride.
To answer your three questions based off of this episode alone

1. The morning run and then when he opened up to her about his past/after finding out about his asshat family.....That and hes a hard worker like her which was pretty much established in epsode 1 (And dat body lol)

2. Thirsty as fuck.... That and I guess she took what inouto said to heart and wants to actually like get him interested in her

3. Pretty much same as above except imouto is imouto and showed that they are close so I'm guessing she thinks that imouto is right or could be right (referring to the insults and comments on imouto's end) so she needed to make sure.....That and maybe she thinks that he's into lolis lol since he didn't really freak out much over the kiss

Didn't read the rest of your post but I just wanted to comment on the questions since they caught my eyes.

Assumptions that people can't read between the lines and pay attention to detail like this is a pet peeve of mine sorry
Oct 10, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
all i can say is: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

282 by LordRelictor »»
May 26, 7:14 AM

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 11

17 by vinayak6226 »»
May 21, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.