Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2015 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
Great first episode.

Honestly surprised that I liked it so much.
Jul 6, 2015 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
SweetCoconut said:
totoroll said:
Don't like people comparing it to Yona. Yona has more plot than romance while Akagami no Shirayuki has more romance than plot

Yes! This. I find this a more light-hearted version of Yona and already rooting for the two main leads.

Did you just agree with what totoroll just said and the immediately compare it to yona? then again, he also started comparing the two after expressing dislike of people doing that.

Also, I dont know why people are comparing the two, the only thing they have in common is the MC has red hair and then cuts it. other than that its nothing alike.
zunderdog24Jul 6, 2015 7:48 PM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 6, 2015 7:54 PM
Aug 2011
This is the seasons best introductory episode (so far) for me.

I like Shirayuki already, no waiting around for her to turn ~badass~ or for her to be independent and such.
Jul 6, 2015 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
Fantastic music and visuals. I really adore the colours.

I've read the manga before so nothing was super surprising but I really liked it overall!

Osaka Ryouta <3 <3 <3
Jul 6, 2015 8:00 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Shirayuki was the first manga that I read first before adapting into an anime. =D The first episode met, if not exceeded, my expectations. Beautiful art so far.
Jul 6, 2015 8:17 PM

May 2015
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would :)

But I don't get it, They basically got together in the first episode so now what?
Jul 6, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
Aww yiss. Motha. Fuckin. Fantasy shoujo.

A girl with red hair that escape by cutting her hair? That remind me of something...

Anyway, it was a fun start. I did had an odd feeling though. I don't know, I felt it was a bit Disney-esque? I think it's the vilain who gave me that feeling. At the same time, he's probably not gonna be that much recurrent.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 6, 2015 8:21 PM

Jan 2014
This was a nice introduction episode.
Pretty, light animation.
Raji talking to the 'magic mirror' was pretty great.
Felt somewhat disney.
Jul 6, 2015 8:30 PM

Apr 2015
It went with the manga pretty well but I think there are some parts that were different a little bit, the animation is great loved it. So far I'm looking forward to the next episode ^_^
Jul 6, 2015 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
Wow that was really good. Aesthetics/atmosphere might be best of the season so far, which against Non Non, is impressive. Well done so far Bones. Reminds me more of Mahoutsukai no Yome than Yona with the tone and artstyle.

mayukachan said:

Osaka Ryouta <3 <3 <3

This. I am unashamed.
Jul 6, 2015 8:41 PM

Dec 2009
The shop scene wasn't in the manga (as far as I can remember at least, the scene with the old woman). But that isn't important anyway. Zen's entrance is wonderful (as expected, haha). It feels so good watching the interactions, especially Zen's, Mitsuhide's, and Kiki's close friendship. Shirayuki's strong character is admirable, too!

This series started out great! :D

Also, I love the relaxing music. The art was okay, though I expected more (since Akizuki Sorata-sensei's work is really beautiful). The voices where okay in my opinion; they fit the roles well. I'm looking forward to see more of the characters, esp. Obi and Ryuu; and that cameo of Garack in the OP...tho she's supposed to be more beautiful. Not to mention, "that good-looking guy" in the OP. x3

The OP is great, too (though I may be biased because I love Saori Hayami's voice so much <3).

P.S. I love that "I object" from Zen. Hahaha xD

[My score: 5/5]

Big Vers.
Jul 6, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2015
YAS.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jul 6, 2015 9:03 PM

Nov 2012
Very fairy tale like atmosphere (though the english name is Snow White with the Red Hair so makes sense).

This show seems full of potential,I just hope it doesn't waste it's potential like Akatsuki no Yona where it became a show about a girl building up a male harem (I know there was more to Yona then that but basically what it felt like).
Jul 6, 2015 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
VanishingKira said:
Very fairy tale like atmosphere (though the english name is Snow White with the Red Hair so makes sense).

This show seems very promising so far and full of potential,I just hope it doesn't waste it's potential like Akatsuki no Yona where it became a show about a girl building up male harem (I know there was more to Yona then that but basically what it felt like).

I don't blame you for that. Because the manga was pretty okay up to the point it got animated. The later chapters are way more than another shoujo manga. And I said this before and I will say this no matter how many times I have to "AkaYona is a false-reverse harem." There is only one man who sees her as a love interest.

As for Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, *minor spoiler, won't hurt your experience if you click*
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
That was beautiful & mesmerizing. This anime definitely has a really high budget judging by that visually well done first episode, & the soundtrack was really good too. But I must say the pacing felt a tad too fast & it did not grab me that much.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
Liking the smooth animation and the plot seems to be interesting. I just hope it doesn't waste its potential.
Jul 6, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Yes now i have something new to wait anxiously for each week aside from Rokka.
Jul 6, 2015 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
Relationship Spoiler:

Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 9:33 PM
Sep 2014
As much as people compare Shirayuki with Yona, I think they're both very different characters.
Yona was a spoiled princess who didn't even know how to dress herself, while Shirayuki studied in order to become a herbalist. When faced with a complicated situation, Yona started as pretty weak and incapable of making decisions for herself, while Shirayuki kept a cool head, put her stuff together and was smart about it. Don't get me wrong, Yona grows to be a very strong girl, but it seems Shirayuki has the advantage here.

I really liked the simple but elegant designs and animation. The OST is really nice to. I liked it over all and I'm gonna be following this one ^^

The only thing that bothers me is how random it was when Zen walked in on that room claiming he had been training in order to develop poison immunity, like what the hell dude.

Jul 6, 2015 9:36 PM
Mar 2014
shanimebib said:
VanishingKira said:

This show seems very promising so far and full of potential,I just hope it doesn't waste it's potential like Akatsuki no Yona where it became a show about a girl building up male harem (I know there was more to Yona then that but basically what it felt like).

I don't blame you for that. Because the manga was pretty okay up to the point it got animated. The later chapters are way more than another shoujo manga. And I said this before and I will say this no matter how many times I have to "AkaYona is a false-reverse harem." There is only one man who sees her as a love interest.

As for Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, *minor spoiler, won't hurt your experience if you click*

I will say this as a manga reader for both, but i feel like the two of them has elements of harem, but the love relationship is mostly developed between a certain amount of people

And a little spoiler that might ruin it for some

I don't know what are the expectations are and how long it will go, but this is a good and cute romance story.

Mod Edit: Additional spoiler tags added.
rodacJul 6, 2015 10:12 PM
Jul 6, 2015 9:38 PM

Sep 2014
So this is how it feels to see one of your favourite mangas animated. AHHHHH. I'm a little sad that Bones did not capture the essence of Akizuka-sensei's art. That said, the animation is fluid and vivid with bright colours.

So excited to see my girl Shirayuki in action. Great start to the series.

Also, to those who have yet to read the manga, go check it out!

Edit: I see a lot of Akatsuki no Yona comparisons. I am a huge fan of both series and aside from the red hair female MCs, there isn't much similarities. If I were to describe Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, it's more of a slice-of-life but set in the historical era if you will. There aren't any super powers that you see unlike in Akatsuki no Yona with the four dragons.
NinaQJul 6, 2015 9:43 PM

[/center]
Jul 6, 2015 9:46 PM
Nov 2013
Very refreshing
Jul 6, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
IsGalis said:

The only thing that bothers me is how random it was when Zen walked in on that room claiming he had been training in order to develop poison immunity, like what the hell dude.

Not a huge spoiler but:
NinaQJul 6, 2015 11:14 PM

[/center]
Jul 6, 2015 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Mod Note: Please do not reveal plot details of either Shirayuki or Yona.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 6, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
IsGalis said:

Indeed. It's kind of too convenient.

NinaQ said:
It does appear random at first but Zen's health issues and immunity are discussed in the later chapters of the manga.

Health issues? Is that a spoiler?
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 10:27 PM
Nov 2013
Definitely hyped for this series, loved everything about the the first episode. Music was very good, animation and character designs were very pretty and I'm a sucker for shoujo series like this. Well done, Bones.
Jul 6, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2010
My only worry is that they can fall into the usual triangle with the other MC, but reading what are people saying in this thread it seems there's no need to worry too much?

Great visuals and nice characters. And Hayami Saori deserves every role needed, so I'm very glad of the choice.

We don't know anything yet about the cours right?
Jul 6, 2015 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
Akanezora said:
My only worry is that they can fall into the usual triangle with the other MC....

You do realize you are kind of revealing comments that were put inside spoiler tags now do you?

Akanezora said:
We don't know anything yet about the cours right?

12-13 episodes this cour. 12-13 episodes in another cour. So expect 24-26 episodes in total.
shanimebibJul 6, 2015 11:05 PM
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
Pat_To_Do-List said:
IsGalis said:

NinaQ said:
It does appear random at first but

Is that a spoiler?

Fixed. This is what happens when you ask questions in a forum. But stuff like that should be within spoiler tags tbh.

Right around this msg as well:
rodac said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Mod Note: Please do not reveal plot details of either Shirayuki or Yona.
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 11:13 PM

Sep 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
IsGalis said:

NinaQ said:

Health issues? Is that a spoiler?

Should have enclosed it in spoiler tags. My apologies.

[/center]
Jul 6, 2015 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
NinaQ said:
Should have enclosed it in spoiler tags. My apologies.

Please be careful next time.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 11:39 PM

Nov 2007
I find it interesting that no one questioned whether the Second Prince of Clarines holds more power than the Crown Prince of Tanburn. That was one of the few things that peaked my interest in the manga. I will leave it for you guys to ponder.

Also, let's not discuss the anime beyond what has been presented without spoiler tags. Including other anime that you think is similar. We can get excited but if you think about it, it's unfair for those who watch anime only.
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 11:47 PM

Oct 2007
Pat_To_Do-List said:
That was beautiful & mesmerizing. This anime definitely has a really high budget judging by that visually well done first episode, & the soundtrack was really good too. But I must say the pacing felt a tad too fast & it did not grab me that much.

I think it mainly just has a director and composer that actually know what they are doing. A lot of the time it really just comes down to that.
Jul 6, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 2009
I've been waiting for this, such a good first episode. The adaption is really solid and the animation style is just wonderful.

Kiki is love.

As it seems this will be one of those adaptions that will be heavily spoiled in the threads....beware non manga readers.
Jul 7, 2015 1:02 AM

Jan 2014
This is really great so far. I love the animation and the visuals, and I also really like Shirayuki. They've done a great job with characterizing her (I love that it's mostly showing and not telling) by way of namely two events. 1) when she left the shop, she made cures/things to help all those people, which shows her caring and selfless side and 2) when she hurt herself to prove that her antidote wasn't poisonous. There are other moments as well, but those two stuck out the most to me. I also really like that Zen isn't an asshole, but he's not Super Nice Guy either.

If it keeps up this quality I know I'm going to love it.
Jul 7, 2015 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
A very good first episode, one of my favourites this season so far. A lot happened in the first episode, but I'm hopeful and excited to see more.
Jul 7, 2015 2:03 AM

Jan 2013
Great first episode, fantastic production values. Good characters, Shoujo fantasy like Akatsuki no Yona.
Jul 7, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2014
AOTS is right here.
Jul 7, 2015 2:30 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode and Shirayuki is like the upgraded version of Yona at the moment.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 7, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2014
Best first episode so far. Amazing animation, OST, art style ect.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 7, 2015 3:20 AM

Aug 2011

Summer is saved! Can't wait for Obi :)
Jul 7, 2015 3:26 AM

May 2014
awsome!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 7, 2015 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
Now that was the best summer premiere. The visuals, the animations, the colorful backgrounds, even something as simple as close shot of characters' faces with hair fluttering are so beautifully animated. And yes, Shirayuki, arguably one of the best shoujo heroines, in this episode alone managed to show how she deserves that title. I especially like how pretty quiet and restrained the whole thing was. The chemistry between Shirayuki and Zen was portrayed with such beautiful dexterity; without constant arguing, bickering, and some loud crap that shoujo really loves to do to develop the lead characters. Finally, the BGM sounds so lovely and i liked it.

Bones, once again, doesn't disappoint.
Jul 7, 2015 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect it to be that good. That chemistry between Shiroyuki and Zen... wow.

Jul 7, 2015 3:59 AM
Mar 2010
S-Somebody hold me. I...I think I'm going to cry.

A shoujo manga to anime getting this much love from the makers. It isn't low budget, it has wonderful sakuga, it has wonderful music, wonderful everything! I never thought this day would come. ;_;

The tears just won't stop.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 7, 2015 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
the ED dancing reminded me of beauty and the beast or something x)

seems like a good start ^^
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 7, 2015 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
BONES does not disappoint.
Jul 7, 2015 4:22 AM

Sep 2013
red hair/5 enjoy every bit of it.
Jul 7, 2015 4:35 AM

Mar 2011
It has been years since I last read Akagami. I should re-read and update myself, seeing it animated made me go back to my shoujo fangirl days lol. Can't wait for Obi, he was my favorite iirc.
Jul 7, 2015 4:51 AM

Jul 2014
This seems very promising, gonna keep watching it! 5/5!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

211 by perseii »»
Sep 18, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

168 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 24, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

190 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 24, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2015

103 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 24, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

128 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 24, 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.