Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2015 8:20 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dont think it stuck to the manga 100% but its been so long I need to read it again. But i'm sure the store scene never happened.

OMG, Zen animated. *u*

I loved it anyway tho, most of the ep covered the manga pretty well so far imo.
I hope it keeps doing so.

Favorite scene was when Zen said "I object" , like someone at a wedding. lol

Can't wait to see Obi!

OP(?) was great! Love the song.

#majorfangirlfeels
MermaidGalaxiesJul 6, 2015 11:04 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 6, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, the animation style is more elegant than I had expected. Started with the introduction of Shirayuki in the forest and we get a nice glimpse of the fantasy world. In particular, I thought the music has a slow yet smooth tone.

Shirayuki reminds me somewhat of Yona but she seems to be quite intelligent already. Zen's introduction is what I had expected though. I find it Shirayuki to be quite confident though despite being faced with a sword and shows her medicine knowledge. What a fascinating character. Good start so far. This is split cour so I expect more story development.

Jul 6, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
FukuJun's character is so funny, but just another rich guy. Main girl is cheerful. Medicine store, huh. She just cut her hair immediately. On the way, she met that guy immediately and proved that what she brings is not poison.

Poison from the apple and the prince is ok?! He's second prince of the country next door? He helped her from not going to be "married" (?) FukuJun's character.

According to ED (OP), she's going to join the kingdom?

lol @ the CMs for the manga.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 6, 2015 8:28 AM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. I hope there aren't any unrealistic expectations about the series. It's more slice of life with a few political subplots than it is action. It reminds me a lot more of, say, Horimiya than Yona.

IchigoHollowfi said:
omg Zen animated! *u*

I can't wait to see a certain someone animated :) I caught a glimpse of him in the ending sequence (OP?)
Jul 6, 2015 8:48 AM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
Nice episode. I hope there aren't any unrealistic expectations about the series. It's more slice of life with a few political subplots than it is action. It reminds me a lot more of, say, Horimiya than Yona.

IchigoHollowfi said:
omg Zen animated! *u*

I can't wait to see a certain someone animated :) I caught a glimpse of him in the ending sequence (OP?)

Well it does have some sweet sword fights though, but yea it's more based on romance and the difficulties they will face, cause you know the prince-''nobody'' girl relationship, tho the author worked this out brilliantly, people should expect a lot of character developement
Jul 6, 2015 10:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The OST sounds really good.

Shirayuki is indeed beautiful and has huge medicine knowledge.

Is is just me or did Zen feel like the apple was poisoned and ate it before she could? He's a good guy.
Jul 6, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Someone please tell me that the Romance goes somewhere with Zen and Shirayuki (Spoil me please)
I really hope no stupid love triangle comes up in this, I kinda liked the first episode..
Jul 6, 2015 10:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really pleasant first episode and I'm already in love with the art and animation and OST

Shirayuki is really really beautiful and I love her personalty....I adore the dynamic that she had with Zen whom I also loved and Zen's friends were pretty cool too

Raj is a cunt so I'm glad that they made him look stupid....I had a feeling that Zen was a prince too lol but that reveal was funny xD

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here :)
Jul 6, 2015 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
FallenUndead said:
Someone please tell me that the Romance goes somewhere with Zen and Shirayuki (Spoil me please)
I really hope no stupid love triangle comes up in this, I kinda liked the first episode..

Your wish, my command
[spoiler]Zen and Shirayuki are one step from being officially engaged. She's moved into the palace (a different wing from him) and everything. It's been approved by his older brother who was mildly against it for a while but only because he wanted Zen to be absolutely sure she's who he wanted.

As for love triangle, Obi's in love with Shirayuki. And he loves Zen. He loves them being together so he's definitely not doing anything to mess up their relationship. Plus Zen would absolutely never let him. Plus Shirayuki doesn't love him the way she loves Zen[/spoiler

You want more?
Jul 6, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
THE FEELS!!! I have waited for this to become an ANIME FOr SOOOO LONGGG.

However, kinda wierd for yukinos voice to be shirayuki after the whole Oregairu saga we just went through.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 6, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2009
I liked this so far, the art was consistent and nice. Background music was really good! Looking forward to the next episode. I'm already shipping Zen x Shirayuki lol.

Jul 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
I hope this won't be as bad as AnY and so far it looks decent.
The main girl is clever and beautiful,but most importantly she isn't one of those try hard female empowerment characters and seems authentic.
Jul 6, 2015 11:00 AM

Oct 2014
The "apple" hair is really beautiful. I really liked the episode too.
Jul 6, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
Really Loving Shirayuki. She's a great character <3

Her interactions with Zen and her quick wit, deciding to run away immediately were really cool.
The way she hurt herself to show Zen her medicine isn't poison and the way she just slapped Raji's hand away. All BA character characteristics right there :3

Animation and art were much better than I thought when I first saw the trailer and teaser images so that's awesome to see :D

Zen's a great guy too. Raji's such a loser XD

The dance in the ED is really nice :3
Jul 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing first episode. I still like the manga art though but the anime style is still good.

Don't like people comparing it to Yona. Yona has more plot than romance while Akagami no Shirayuki has more romance than plot.

Happy that it is split cours so that the romance isn't rushed.
Jul 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Feb 2014
I'm a sucker for Shoujo anime/manga so I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this.

Loving Shirayuki as a character already - cheerful, kind, quick witted and independent :)

The art and animation was very elegant, liked the music as well

Looking forward to this series
Jul 6, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
No, no, no...
Why Shirayuki is voiced by Hayami Saori?!
Eh... I was waiting for this series and...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!
Jul 6, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2013
LittleStar said:
No, no, no...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!

o.O Saori is te perfect pick for Shirayuki, you are the first person i see displeased with this.
Jul 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
JudeMaxwell said:
LittleStar said:
No, no, no...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!

o.O Saori is te perfect pick for Shirayuki, you are the first person i see displeased with this.

Yeah, I agree, I think it's perfect casting.

This show is great, and looks to be a good, faithful, and pretty adaptation of the manga. Heals my soul, this does.
Jul 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
man, this season is really promising

off to a good start, love the atmosphere and the setting! great episode
:3
Jul 6, 2015 11:38 AM
Sep 2013
First episode, nice one and i'm already in love with Shirayuki. And it's Hayami Saori one and only main character this season compared to 3 last season, and while last season she played 3 very different characters, i feel like this one kinda similar to her voice at Shiraishi.

idk what will happen next but definitely keep watching
Jul 6, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
JudeMaxwell said:
LittleStar said:
No, no, no...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!

On top of that, Zen is voiced by Osaka Ryota. Both of them were in Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches. And they also liked each other on that one (Yamada and Shiraishi) xD
Jul 6, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
oh my, so many snow white references squeezed into the first episode.

Also, is this really a split cour.... im really super sick of split cours.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 6, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2013
Phil_Heist said:
JudeMaxwell said:

On top of that, Zen is voiced by Osaka Ryota. Both of them were in Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches. And they also liked each other on that one (Yamada and Shiraishi) xD

It is honestly a perfect pick for both of them, I don't see the problem, she is probably the kind of person who hates a seiyuu for just one of her roles...talk about mature..
Jul 6, 2015 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
Stop spoilering stuff. This is an ANIME only discussion.
Jul 6, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, another great show this season, this looks simply beautiful, good fucking job, BONES.
Jul 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Mar 2014
That was a pretty good 1st episode. It was funny to see Raj act like a fumbling spineless coward when actually faced with a threat lol. The second that basket showed up I knew someone was going to eat a poisoned apple since it is related to Snow White.
Jul 6, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2014
JudeMaxwell said:
It is honestly a perfect pick for both of them, I don't see the problem, she is probably the kind of person who hates a seiyuu for just one of her roles...talk about mature..

Yeah, I agree with you on that one
Jul 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
I've fallen in love with this anime. The first episode was just perfect to me. It's definitely gonna be one of my favorites for this season :)

Jul 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
A Beautifully well done series as always by studio bones.

I like the premise so far and i also like the coupling in this story quite different from the norm.

I have a feeling this will be a very well received and well done romance show. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Feb 2014
This was so good... and beautiful... and wow, I have no words.

I already love the 2 main characters, they looked so good together, how amazing.

Jun 2015
I feel like Shirayuki is a good protagonist and well I do like her hair (well mainly for the fact that I have always liked the color red since i was younger). At least she can prove that she can do her job as a herbalist to Zen.

Though I feel like the OP(?) sounds really nice.
Jul 6, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
JudeMaxwell said:
LittleStar said:
No, no, no...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!

I just have little enough her voice...
When I heard her I was like "Oh, no... Is her! Again..." -.-

I used to like her, but now...
Eh... enough...
Jul 6, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
Kind of disappointed with Mitsuhide's voice. I really hope he will be able to capture the moments when it will really matter. After all,

Out of all the characters introduced, I quickly got used to Kiki and Raji's voices. Fukuyama Jun captured Raji's pathetic character pretty well I would say. The only thing that is good about his character is his voice acting

Cannot really complain the way they adapted the character designs. If they wanted to maintain Akizuki Sorata-sensei's detailed characters, BONES would run out of resources within 3 episodes. Yes, the manga is that beautifully drawn.

totoroll said:

On comment of your spoiler,

ALL BOARD THE SHIP. THIS WILL BE A TURBULENT RIDE SO HANG ON TIGHT!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2013
scythedungeon said:
I feel like Shirayuki is a good protagonist and well I do like her hair (well mainly for the fact that I have always liked the color red since i was younger). At least she can prove that she can do her job as a herbalist to Zen.

Though I feel like the OP(?) sounds really nice.

Yea it's the opening, and well, Shirayuki herself sings it so..that voice can't sound bad.
Jul 6, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Kind of disappointed with Mitsuhide's voice. I really hope he will be able to capture the moments when it will really matter. After all,

Out of all the characters introduced, I quickly got used to Kiki and Raji's voices. Fukuyama Jun captured Raji's pathetic character pretty well I would say. The only thing that is good about his character is his voice acting

Cannot really complain the way they adapted the character designs. If they wanted to maintain Akizuki Sorata-sensei's detailed characters, BONES would run out of resources within 3 episodes. Yes, the manga is that beautifully drawn.

totoroll said:

On comment of your spoiler,

That's a gamble actually, if they go 1 chapter per episode it probably won't yea, but i think they will do something about that, since like, there is no good part to end a cour around that chapter lol, they will probably pick up the pace.
Jul 6, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
I liked this first episode ^^, I'm still trying to catch-up with the manga though :).
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 6, 2015 11:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I actually finished Akatsuki no Yona like five minutes before watching this... kinda felt like I was watching the same anime when I started this in many ways :3

Anyway that aside, this was an exceptional opening episode. Probably the best of the season as of yet
Jul 6, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed this first episode

I like the art style a lot

Jul 6, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
I started reading manga long time ago...
but watching this episode I only remember Shirayuki and Zen meeting,
maybe after anime I will pick manga again.

Fukuyama-san!
Really, I should check out cast before starting watching this xD
But this was nice surprise! *.*
Hope his chara will return!

And after credits?
Toshi?! *.*

Gonna watch next episode!
Jul 6, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2007
JudeMaxwell said:
shanimebib said:

That's a gamble actually, if they go 1 chapter per episode it probably won't yea, but i think they will do something about that, since like, there is no good part to end a cour around that chapter lol, they will probably pick up the pace.

I would think so too. But for now, I will just accept the fact that we have an animated version and be glad with it. There are tons of other shoujo manga I really liked that never saw the light of an adaptation before ending their serialization.

I really find it amusing how people compare this with AkaYona because the two stories are completely different with nothing in common (except for the red hair).

Even though I like AkaYona better
shanimebibJul 6, 2015 12:13 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
Fantastic opening episode. Music was great, art style was good. For some reason, felt like I was watching a movie lol. Looking forward to next week!

Jul 6, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
This was a great start to this series and I can't wait to continue watching. Shirayuki is a great character already and it's only the first episode, so it'll be nice to see how she grows as a character and how her relationship with Zen plays out
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 6, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
Ohh, looks like good budget.

I like how even though Shirayuki is the loved-by-everyone/friendly type, she's intelligent and is a quick thinker. I can only see her developing from here so I'm looking forward to this. ^^
Jul 6, 2015 12:13 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was a really good start.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 6, 2015 12:16 PM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
JudeMaxwell said:

I would think so too. But for now, I will just accept the fact that we have an animated version and be glad with it. There are tons of other shoujo manga I really liked that never saw the light of an adaptation before ending their serialization.

I really find it amusing how people compare this with AkaYona because the two stories are completely different with nothing in common (except for the red hair).

Even though I like AkaYona better

XDDD that spoiler, personally for me Shirayuki is better, the amount of character developement cannot be compared with yona, yona just drags and drags and drags and teases you to no end, things are straight forward here though,and i like the fact the author really cares about the rest of the cast too, to the point that gives whole arcs to them (Mitsuhide and Kiki ftw)
Jul 6, 2015 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
Brilliant start..undoubtedly best episode of the summer so far..
Mim
Jul 6, 2015 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
I'm loving this at the moment. Hoping the quality remains throughout the rest of the show! It felt really authentic and I don't know why?
Jul 6, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
This first episode was pretty good, I need to read the manga because I'm curious about it now ^^
Jul 6, 2015 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
It was one good episode.

I really like how Shirayuki hurt herself and then proved it to Zen that her medicine isn't poison.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.