Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2015 6:11 PM
Jan 2014
Sad that this beautiful series is almost over. :(
Mar 11, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
Felt really rushed...plus the goodbye between Shinichi and Migi was way too short after everything they've been though.
Eh
Mar 11, 2015 6:18 PM
Feb 2014
ImTheGuy said:
Felt really rushed...plus the goodbye between Shinichi and Migi was way too short after everything they've been though.

Im sure if migi wasnt holding back the most powerful parasyte in existence, the goodbye may have been a bit longer... also i doubt that it is goodbye judging by the dream :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
RIP Migi
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 11, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2013
Noo, that was so sad.
Can't wait to see how it ends
Mar 11, 2015 7:59 PM

Dec 2012
Eh, maybe someone will be able to point out something I missed, but I am not the least bit convinced by Migi's sacrifice. Throughout the series, everything he's done has always been calculated and has been out of self-interest even though there was usually a mutual benefit for Shinichi as well. Wishful thinking has me hoping that he thought of something, such as merging with Gotou or the like, because this just feels like it completely went against his character otherwise. I mean, it was apparent that Shinichi and Migi were getting along more and more and became a seemingly inseparable duo, but I really just don't see Migi being the kind to completely sink ration and go "LIVE SHINICHI I WANT YOU TO LIVE!" Unless of course, the other possibility is that he knows his cells will regenerate in Shinichi when given enough time.

That old woman honestly creeped me out, but she does remind me of a typical old woman. At first I thought she trying to hook up with Shinichi, she seemed very attached to him, unlike Migi (ah sorry, too soon...). I wasn't really convinced by her whole humanity speech and honestly these keep feeling like they're just being rammed in for the sake of it.

Otherwise though I'm looking forward to the final battle and hope this is able to blow my speculation out of the water.
Mar 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
^ You touched on a few of my questions with this episode. While we have seen some human development, it hasn't been enough for me to believe he'd whimsically sacrifice them both on a far-fetched gamble with a vehicle, followed by....escaping into the woods, alone, with no other allies, no particular field advantage, an acknowledgement that they had "zero" chance of victory.....and no plan B ("let's stop here and strategize"). It just seemed to contradict Migi's cold, calculating, logical nature. Perhaps Migi expected this defeat/result and has some other grand scheme in mind, but I'm skeptical (but hopeful). Seems to me the more reasonable solution with the best chance of survival would have been to make a deal with the military; it's their problem now, afterall.
DouluoMar 11, 2015 8:55 PM
Mar 11, 2015 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
Vellamo said:
Migi dead or not? quick spoiler please.

Mar 11, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2009
Ragna92 said:
Omg no! Migi! My eyes were literally bawling during that scene. Migi is a hero indeed.

Me too, i'm really in tears. At the back of my mind i was thinking how he might still technically be alive because he's spread out in Shinichi...but is that really the same Migi? Same memories? Why do the best characters die (Tamura Reiko) :(
Mar 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
Welp...I shouldn't be surprised by that with all the build up toward Migi becoming more humane, but the way it was executed certainly did bring a level of shock. I agree with those saying it felt kinda off, but it was still pretty damn sad.
Mar 11, 2015 9:28 PM
Jul 2014
This can't be true Migi isnt dead.

Here is my prediction:
Migi isnt dead or they would have shown his death. Maybe they didnt show it because it would be too emotional but I dont believe that. I think most likely Migi merged with Gotou and will at first fight with him having some sort of amnesia or having his consciousness supressed by Gotou. Then at the last episode Migi will break this mental chain and kill Gotou from the inside out.

So next episode its gonna be Izumi getting pwned by Gotou super form and then the episode after that its gonna be Migi killing gotou and probably die himself aswell. Izumi will ofcourse cry again, hes such a crybaby tbh, and explaining everything to his dad/gf/police.

Let's see if I am wrong!
Mar 11, 2015 9:38 PM
Jan 2014
Guys, migi's cells told Shinchi that he wasn't dead. So it's not totally confirmed yet. Also side question for the manga readers: How much has the series covered so far of the manga?
Mar 11, 2015 9:41 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one that felt like everything happened WAY too fast here?
The entire travel, fight, Migi's death, Shinichi wasting several days with a stranger... Everything in just one episode...
Didn't even feel Migi's death as it should have, was it like 4 seconds? Even his feelings showed up just now and not even once before, that's too sudden!
Ruka desu.
Mar 11, 2015 9:45 PM
Jun 2009
Yep this definitely seems rushed, but so was the manga sadly as everything just escalated extremely fast in that before it ended too, they really are staying true to the manga in this sense.
Mar 11, 2015 9:46 PM
Jan 2014
Lucky96u said:
The entire travel, fight, Migi's death, Shinichi wasting several days with a stranger... Everything in just one episode...
Didn't even feel Migi's death as it should have, was it like 4 seconds? Even his feelings showed up just now and not even once before, that's too sudden!
Yes my thoughts exactly!
Mar 11, 2015 9:47 PM

Jan 2015
Litrydow said:
Vellamo said:
Migi dead or not? quick spoiler please.

got me thinking if i should click to see what happens next ( took me 1-2 mins ) spoiled! xD 1 week waiting is agony
Mar 11, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
Shinichi x Mitsuyo! :')
Mar 11, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
Lucky96u said:

No, you're not - seems to a common point. The pacing was off imo, esp the first part. I didn't really see the purpose behind the Grandma either, other than survival motivation for Shinichi. The man to whom she was paying her respects...was that someone we've seen before?
DouluoMar 11, 2015 9:57 PM
Mar 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah.. this shouldve been 2 episodes instead of 1. Felt rushed as fuck.
Mar 11, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2012
I think it was one of the worst episodes so far...

At first I was like "WHAT???" and then Migi was dying....................................

I felt bad for him and even teared up a bit cuz I forced myself to (to not feel worse later lmao it's hard to explain), but it felt so effin rushed!

I love how it showed how Migi really felt about Shinichi. It was kinda clear when he saved him and was worried that Shinichi would hate him, but I needed to hear it. HOWEVER the horrible pace ruined everything. It looked like 3 pieces of different episodes.

And what's up with the old lady? She's weird and seemed overly attached to Shinichi.

anyway, still laughing with this picture:

BlackListHunter said:
Mar 11, 2015 10:45 PM
Jun 2013
good episode. Something tells me Migi didn't really die. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined forces with Goto...
Mar 11, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
i cri. dem feels.

Migi sacrificed himself just to save Shinichi. No, no, no. Migi couldn't die! But I know this isn't the end of him. He thought about Shinichi as a friend, and I'm glad to hear that from a parasite. He's really different from other typical parasites out there. He's a hero and a true friend indeed.

Shinichi with that kind of normal hairstyle is so kawaii. Seeing him with no right arm is painful.

Then there's Mitsuyo, who took care of our protagonist for a short period of time. Although her screen time was short, it delivered really well.

Shinichi vs. Gotou next episode. Only two episodes left. I'm not yet read for the finale. But at the same time, I want to watch the ending.
Mar 11, 2015 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
Migi :(
Mar 11, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2014
Finally, the climax. Looks like their going to stuff the entire fight into one episode with the epilogue at the end.

I remember Migi's death in the manga, and the anime just made it even sadder.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 12, 2015 12:18 AM

Oct 2014
testamentKAISER said:
Shinichi x Mitsuyo! :')

better then Shinichi x Murano.
Mar 12, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
rip migi
huh
Mar 12, 2015 12:53 AM

Sep 2014
My God this episode was depressing. I've got the urge to marathon through the manga before next week now, just to see if Migi is still alive somehow.
Mar 12, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Thank God Migi is alive, somewhat.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 12, 2015 1:36 AM

May 2013
I'm still not convinced Migi is dead, since it didn't really confirm he was. I'm predicting Gotou might have consumed Migi which is the reason why he looks different. Idk.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Mar 12, 2015 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
What the hell was with the pacing of the episode?
Mar 12, 2015 1:45 AM
Nov 2014
Sad.... Migi died. Gonna miss dat voice.

Great episode nonetheless.
Mar 12, 2015 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
I'M CRYIIIING ;-; Actually what can Shinichi do without Migi? He can't even make a scratch on Gotou. I hope Migi gets back next week </3
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Mar 12, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2013
Wish Migi's death wasn't so anticlimactic. Totally seemed like he could've ran away with Shinichi. Seemed really stupid how he just stood there doing nothing and told him to run away :
Mar 12, 2015 3:56 AM

May 2013
I'm glad that even in the end, Migi considered Shinichi as his friend. I kinda feel down seeing Migi dying by second. I wonder how Shinichi will deal with this now? He's even still got those small cells of Migi in his body. Unfortunately, they can't utter words.

I really commend Mitsuyo for her kindness. That was just what Shinichi needed after that tragic incident.

It's Shinichi against Gotou. Now that's something to look forward to.
Mar 12, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
so migi died... oh wait no, part of him is still alive. ok then, i guess. the fight and migis 'death' felt pretty anticlimactic imo.
Mar 12, 2015 4:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This episode is quite emotional. I really like that grandma, she gave some solid life advice to Shinichi.....I hope she won't die

Migi had emotion, I knew this day would come.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 12, 2015 6:22 AM
Jul 2011
That was way too sudden, barely a couple episodes back shinichi was planning to kill migi, now suddenly they are best friends? i feel like it was way too overbearing, they should have just went the "maybe he isn't such a bad guy" route
Mar 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2011
Going to say something unpopular but each episode is bringing the score down for me. This show was a solid 9 in the early episodes but now it is just going down the drain.

-The pacing issues
-Animation being inconsistent at time
-Asspulls galore
-Overall enjoyability not being what it was

I think these 4 points are especially highlighted in the last 5 episodes as of late, where things have been disappointing to say the least.
Mar 12, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
LOL this episode was extraodinary shitty. I dont see its conclusion saving this show from being just an ok horror anime.
Mar 12, 2015 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
Amazing episode. Migi's death was a tough blow for Shinichi (and me), but i'm glad that strategy didn't work against Gotou, and that at least Migi finally overcame its ''own survival'' modus operandi. Didn't think Migi actually considered Shinichi as a friend, it makes it even worse that it died, though who knows - there is a chance that it survived somehow or will regrow, and as much as I'd like that, it'd be better if he stayed dead.

I am so glad Shinichi was taken in by a stranger, rather than Murano. That old lady was something else, can't believe how much she cared for Shinichi for such a short time knowing, though he kinda is the ideal nephew/grandson. For a second I really thought he'd turn around and not face Gotou, but alas.

Only two episodes left, so far this is undoubtedly the best anime of 2014.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 12, 2015 7:15 AM

Feb 2012
Hahaha, seeing the complaints that this episode was too rushed. I personally thought it was too long. Migi's death was pretty quick sure, but my god was everything before and after just a waste of time. Too much padding for a plan that we knew wasn't going to work in the beginning and then the grandmother thing was just another "Shinichi has to snap out of it" scenario, because lord knows we haven't seen enough of that.

This might have been tolerable except I don't even know what the story is anymore, and what little story I can piece together is ineptly handled. Not the plot. That's a different beast altogether.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 12, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Dafuq though, Migi dying so abruptly wasn't good at all. Oh well, let's see what'll happen next, considering how he's gonna fight Gotou.
Mar 12, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2015
Rest in parasyte peace, Migi. You will always be in our hearts. Migi was a true hero! I hope Shinichi will avenge and kill that mother f*ker.
Mar 12, 2015 7:58 AM
Jul 2013
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!
Migi died.... MIGI DIED!!!!!
He's coming back right? He is isn't gone forever right?
What now? His armless? Omfg this was so unexpected.....
Mar 12, 2015 8:24 AM

Jun 2011
Mirianime said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!
Migi died.... MIGI DIED!!!!!
He's coming back right? He is isn't gone forever right?
What now? His armless? Omfg this was so unexpected.....

Mar 12, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2013
This brought out more feels than Shigatsu did, probably because it doesn't beat you over the head with it non-stop. So, without further ado...

MIGIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! :((((((((((((

Fuck...he's gone, though there are some cells of him left in Shinichi, I wonder if it'll be the same Migi. Someone bring Fukuda here, he'll revive him somehow.
Mar 12, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2012
The fight was extremely awesome and tense, especially when they failed.

I still think he's going to come back some how. Note this: The parasite that calls using Shinichi's voice is separate from the one that attacked and failed to kill Gotou. Maybe that one is still remaining and can merge back with Shinichi's arm? Rewatching the scene, it looks like the parasite that attacked was significantly smaller than the one left behind. If my theory is true, I don't know how they'd explain how it was able to survive all that time Shinichi was living with the old lady.

Maybe Migi merged with Gotou?
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 12, 2015 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
I can understand how shinchi would be devastated when he lost migi, I could totally relate if I were in that situation too. Though I never really expected Migi to be completely gone. Man I hope there is enough content for a second season.
Mar 12, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Damn i wasn't expecting Migi to die :c
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

381 by Alberty »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2014

599 by msh7a »»
Oct 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

261 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Oct 14, 1:08 PM

» I still keep thinking about this anime from time to time

satsangg - Oct 7

20 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 13, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

280 by menacce »»
Sep 27, 6:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.