Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh damn, Shinichi's scared this episode. Not that I blame him though but his teacher is definitely not human after what happened.

Anyways, I thought it was a tense episode at school. Really fun watch Migi being Migi with his actions . OST was decent this episode imo at the end there so definitely looking forward to seeing next episode.
Oct 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
Is the teacher a potential ally? Shinichi snapped at Murano, seems like hes losing sight of himself.

Can't wait for the fight next episode!
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode for build up. It seems this show really knows when to use the right music after all.

Art/Animation: Nothing REALLY to complain about but it seems this was indeed a build up episode, they cut back on the budget for the most part to likely save it for the next episode. Some CG people, a lot less animation than usual but overall nothing to complain about.

Music: A lot more atmospheric than usual, this is the kind of soundtrack I thought the series was going to have and thank goodness they know when to use it. Splendidly done.

Characters+Story:
Build up episode for what is to come. New character is introduced, Tamiya, quite the interesting parasite, seems she is similar to Migi in that she is interested in learning. She brings up interesting questions on what they are as a species. It's clear she is very different from the rest of the parasites.

I really love the relationship between Migi and Shinichi. They have begun to talk so comfortably with one another that Shinichi forgets that Migi lacks empathy for other living things. It's rather unnerving that Migi talks so casually about using innocent civilians as meat shields.

I was a bit... confused... we got to meet the "anime only" female character... I kinda hope she doesn't turn into another love interesting for Shinichi, the last thing I want to happen is for them to haremify the series. Nothing to worry about so far but I just hope it doesn't go that route, they are doing so well so far as an adaption and I do not want to see them screw it up.

All in all, splendid episode for build up, not quite as exciting as usual though but the improvement in the background music and interesting new character made up for it.
Oct 22, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
What a cliffhanger.

Enjoyed the variety in this one. It was nice to see some actual curiosity out of the parasites, instead of the the typical senseless Mincemeat murders.

Tamiya's an interesting one. I wonder if she's going to partake a more active role in Shinichi's conflict with A.

While Shinichi's growing closer to Migi, I have a feeling that his relationship with Murano is getting gradually colder. Not that he can be blamed for that.

Looking forward to seeing how Shinichi's going to keep up with Migi, in terms of combat abilities.
Oct 22, 2014 11:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Why did Tamiya pick someone like A to mate with? >.< I automatically began hating this guy the moment he was introduced.
Not sure how they can discern that the baby is a normal human being. Perhaps, when two Kiseijuu adepts mate, they cancel out each other's peculiar attributes? O.o

That was quite the threat from Tamiya.. :O . I hope she'll end up allying with Shinichi though.

Loving Migi's quick reasoning with Shinichi, even though they aren't exactly moral in human standards.

Very good episode! Damn that cliffhanger. >.< Pretty hyped for the fight next week!

Oct 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Now that was quite a cliffy XD

Good ep. Really liking Migi more and more. Tamiya is pretty cool too.

Shinichi is really starting to have a split personality ^^;

Loved the OST this ep :3
Oct 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Dec 2012
Mr. A's invasion in Shinichi's school is reduced to the bare minimum, focusing solely on his idea to find Migi and destroy him. He wasn't so tame in the manga.

Foreshadowings, a very important stuff about the parasites and their 'routes' in the human society.

Tamiya Ryuoko - breath-taking whatever she does :D
Oct 22, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Did someone just spill trap music all up in my anime?

God, I love this show.
Oct 22, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2008
Poor A-san, he was obviously just used by the teacher to see what would happen between him and Shinichi/Migi.

Shaniyaz said:
Why did Tamiya pick someone like A to mate with? >.< I automatically began hating this guy the moment he was introduced.
Not sure how they can discern that the baby is a normal human being. Perhaps, when two Kiseijuu adepts mate, they cancel out each other's peculiar attributes? O.o

Only the head is the alien, the rest of the body, including reproductive organs, is still human.
Oct 22, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
Damn cliffhanger.
Oct 22, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2013
Damn it had to end there. Tamiya's an interesting character. She chooses not to fight and just wants to observe. Can't wait to see how the battle will go.
Oct 22, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
The ending where the guy looked up above and the ending song OST started to play.. anyone else got shivers? O.O
Oct 22, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode
Oct 22, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2014
Sad no dubstep in this episode :(
Oct 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
rinkel said:

I think they played dubstep the instant the parasite was revealed as Tamiya Ryuoko.

Oct 22, 2014 11:40 AM

Nov 2009
rinkel said:

Dubstep ruined this anime...
Oct 22, 2014 11:41 AM
Mar 2014
this has been so hard to take seriously. and that's a really, really bad thing when it's trying hard to be dramatic
Oct 22, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
Tamiya, a new parasyte trying to blend into the society... Very interesting.

Quite a cliffhanger. Really hyped for the next episode.

Don't really get all the complaining about the dubstep. I liked the music and the soundtracks. But then again, I'm no music connoisseur.
Oct 22, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
Only in this anime is shown two-three characters just talking without being boring to watch.
Oct 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Migi is really growing on me (no pun intended? Lol), his view on humans and their thoughts is rather interesting. Tamiya looks interesting as well.
Oct 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Nayrael said:
Poor A-san, he was obviously just used by the teacher to see what would happen between him and Shinichi/Migi.

Shaniyaz said:

Only the head is the alien, the rest of the body, including reproductive organs, is still human.

Agree
yeo
Oct 22, 2014 11:54 AM
Sep 2013
ahh cliffhanger cant wait for the next episode. The ost really suits the show. The teacher is pregnant. She seems like she will be a big problem later on.
Oct 22, 2014 11:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Obviously a build up episode, pretty calm compared to episode 1 and 2. Of course, this cant have action non-stop and badass scenes every episode. Interesting nevertheless, the new character certainly is a threat. Next episode looks to be sick though.
Oct 22, 2014 11:59 AM
Jun 2013
So they did actually decide to pick up the pace now. Or rather, they skipped the lion scene. To be honest, I don't mind, though. It was kinda stupid.

I loved the OST in this episode, especially the final one. I didn't expect them to get to the Mr. A confrontation already. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.

At this pace, shit starts to get serious around episode 5 or 6 already. Can't wait.
Oct 22, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
kliang96 said:
Is the teacher a potential ally? Shinichi snapped at Murano, seems like hes losing sight of himself.

Can't wait for the fight next episode!

losing sight? this guy is about to die here. id tell her to fuck off if i was in that situation. 1) i dont want her to die but 2) more importantly, right now i dont need distractions.

this mc needs to smarten the fuck up. because of migi, his life is continuously under threat. time to take some combat classes, or steal a gun. shit, if migi is so logical and smart, get him to find a way to make some money and hire guards.
Oct 22, 2014 12:00 PM
Nov 2010
Really loved that cliffhanger and the idea of fighting as two. I also have find Migi and Shinichi's relationship amusing, sometimes I forget he's a parasite until he brought up meatshields as a plan. I love it whenever he says something aggravating and he gets doused in water, "Shinichi..shinichi.. it's cold!" never gets old. xD

Can't wait to see this fight.

The teacher parasite is a super interesting tension to add in. I hope she becomes an ally.
Oct 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
Well, not bad!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 22, 2014 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
Another great episode, had me nervous the entire run. But i should just marathon this once its over, the cliffhanger is killing me.
Oct 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
Aww, looks like the scene with the lion's not going to happen. Oh well.

They're moving through the plot fairly quick, though. Three episodes, and the first volume's nearly completely adapted. Pretty good. At this rate, if I don't bring myself to read the manga, I'll end up watching the rest of this blind. Either way sounds good to me, though.
Oct 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
As much as I love the ED, I can't shake the Backstreet Boys/generic boy band vibe from it. That wouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't fit the tone of this show.

Anyways, another great episode. Interesting, atmospheric and more importantly, not boring. With so many dialogs, it's a nice treat they managed to do that. The showdown with the A-dude just gotta be awesome. I'm currently using all my will-power to prevent myself from reading the manga.
Oct 22, 2014 12:11 PM
Jul 2012
"Get away from me~!"
OOoooooo burn to Murano :P

Good ep this week too~
cant wait to see the fight next week~ >w<
Oct 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
DAMN THAT CLIFFHANGER! Just when things were getting good.

Can anyone tell me how many chapters they're adapting per episode?
Oct 22, 2014 12:15 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nayrael said:
Shaniyaz said:

Can you really consider the baby a normal human being as a whole? I don't think so.

Oct 22, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
Urgh, I hope this doesn't lead to him getting a friggin katana, i'm sick of the glorification of that sword.
Oct 22, 2014 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
"Hey she's looking at me"
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 22, 2014 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
Now that was a great episode. We actually take a deeper look into those parasites and our mc.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Oct 22, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
Oh dang.

Another one of Migi's kind, that has actual intelligence, that doesn't wish to kill him.
But then that A-san...

Looking forward to next week.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 22, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 2010
When the episode ended I was like... SERIOUSLY! That's it?! -_-
Why does it have to end there?

Great episode though.
Oct 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Tamiya's hot.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 22, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2012
They couldn't have been less subtle in that cafe lol, Shinichi included.
Oct 22, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
great episode, fucking cliffhanger tho..

tamiya best babe this season
Oct 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good set up episode

damn cliffhanger
Oct 22, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Tamiya being one of them but wants to blend into human society!
She being Shinichi's teacher too. It was interesting to see one that isn't as hostile as the others.

A-san attacking the school and straight out killing/hurting the others!
Migi's idea of using the "wall of meat" :/, definitely the most effective way.
It got pretty interesting as Migi and A-san's battle power is around the same! Shinichi being the tide that will destroy the balance.
Quite the cliffy with A-san jumping up with his weapons ready!

Shinichi being unable to control himself sometimes and snapped in front of Murano :/
Oct 22, 2014 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well this episode answered my question about reproduction....I'm kinda disappointed that the child would be human but oh well

This makes the teacher (Total MILF 10/10 would bang) a whole lot more interesting since she wants to keep it and will probably take care of it like a true mother would

I'm looking forward to the showdown next week...I hope that it's awesome
Oct 22, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, I cannot wait for that fight next week.

I also would like to see what Tamiya is going to do if her partner dies. Will she be a potential ally, or see Shinichi as a threat to her. Apparently she is pregnant. I wonder how that will affect her, and what will become of the baby.

Migi reminds me yet again that he is truly a cold blooded monster, but he still manages to make me like him.

Poor Murano, Shinichi was understandably rough with her there, and I feel bad for her. I still wonder about how much she knows.
Oct 22, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
migi is badass
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 22, 2014 1:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tamiya finally makes her appearance. I like the voice they gave her. I also thought that they did an excellent job with the school scene so far.

The only thing I found a bit confusing was the blushing girl in Shinichi's classroom? Is she in the manga? I cannot remember her at all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Nayrael said:

Can you really consider the baby a normal human being as a whole? I don't think so.

You can :)
Oct 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
Can't believe they played trap music in the background. wow
Oct 22, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
migohunter said:
Tamiya's hot.

I totally agree with you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.