Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think some animé-ers have a superiority complex...

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
Kurokami18 said:
I have never encountered anyone like that on MAL :-)

Your taste is shit.
There you go.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 2012
Kurokami18 said:

Coming from a kid with Mikasa as a favorite character, that doesn't mean much...

Is an example of how it's practiced on a daily basis on these forums. "Yeah uhh no one cares what someone with Angel Beats in their favorites thinks."

@ OP - I've gotta ask but what is with your list? Do you rewatch a handful of shows 800 times?

Mar 2014
skyzblue said:
Kurokami18 said:

Your taste is shit.
There you go.

That was quick.
May 19, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Kurokami18 said:

@ OP - I've gotta ask but what is with your list? Do you rewatch a handful of shows 800 times?

I've already answered this but I'll do it again. I have watched some of the long running animés on my list around 3 to 4 times x
POOINA MECUNT x
May 19, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
uhh yeah i think some of them do.
but i don't take anyone serious who says their taste is better than anyone elses anyways

btw "animé" wtf?
May 19, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
There sure are a lot of hoodlums here who like to dis other people's tastes, which is in and of itself pretty lame.
May 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2012
It's rare but yes. A lot of the time however superiority or elitist are just thrown around because the butthurt.

May 19, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
skyzblue said:
Kurokami18 said:

Your taste is shit.
There you go.
Jesus, that was like the skinny white kid who just made a few mistakes landing in prison and bragging about how he's never been sexually assaulted in front of the Aryan Brotherhood jailhouse rapist.
how i r8

1- crpy animee no gud
10- gud aniem, dep plot, lots of cute grls
May 20, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
No, it's not a superiority complex if everyone else is factually inferior.
May 20, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
Of course I have a superiority complex because both Vegeta's and Frieza's cells were incorporated into my design and lets not forget I am a kanzentai being created by Dr.Gero.
May 20, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2011
What the fuck is an animé-er?

Edit: Forgot the accent mark
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
May 20, 2014 3:57 PM
Jul 2013
In accordance with the topic: I like to put myself above most anime fans in terms of intelligence and perception. Although my pacing with watching anime has rapidly declined as of recently, I still believe my ability to see what is good and bad is far above most anime fans. I admit that I use "most" because there are a handful of anime goers that do have my respect as superior people with more experience.

My take on it.
00002019May 20, 2014 4:01 PM
May 20, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
It ain't a superiority complex when everyone knows Miyazaki is the best, some of them just refuse to accept it
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
May 20, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
No, almost none of them do. Low self-esteem teenagers like to claim that they do though.
May 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2014
yes. yes i do. i would have never thought about it but them i joined this site XD
May 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2013
"My cartoons are superior to yours" Lmao
May 20, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds like Neckbeard Fedora
May 20, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
Heredity said:
i actually think a lot of users have inferiority complexes, lol.

Which they hide behind a false superiority complex.
May 20, 2014 7:33 PM

May 2012
Yea I do. Especially the ones with composers in their avatar and profile pics. Most of the time, in my experience, those who write with impeccable grammar think they are better than everyone else. Bruh, it is a forum not a goddamn college essay.
May 20, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
isnt it normal for anyone being a fan/having a hobby for something?
its like d sports fans
still fine with either of them tho.

or smth
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.
May 20, 2014 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Yea I do. Especially the ones with composers in their avatar and profile pics. Most of the time, in my experience, those who write with impeccable grammar think they are better than everyone else. Bruh, it is a forum not a goddamn college essay.

It's not those who write impeccable, it's those who are quick to point out grammatical flaws that deserve to be ridiculed. There is nothing wrong with having pride in one's own postings (or opinion), it's when they need to castigate others in order to feel superior that is the issue.

Or did I just shoot myself in the foot for using "castigate" properly?
May 20, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
yes, but as you said some of them, and some are narcissist, well some of them
May 20, 2014 7:41 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
PoeticJustice said:

It's not those who write impeccable, it's those who are quick to point out grammatical flaws that deserve to be ridiculed. There is nothing wrong with having pride in one's own postings (or opinion), it's when they need to castigate others in order to feel superior that is the issue.

Or did I just shoot myself in the foot for using "castigate" properly?

Lol I don't think you did. I, personally, have never seen someone on this site criticize someone else for poor grammar.
May 20, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
PoeticJustice said:

Why would someone have the actual composer in their avatar? Composers are not good looking people. I think I'll grab some Bach sheet music for my profile pic though.
May 20, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
There are people who have a superiority complex and there are people who think that's hilarious and sarcastically act like them.

Presumably this is to make fun of how silly it is to think that you're smarter than somebody else because your subjective taste in chinese cartoons is "better".

At least, that's why I do it.

Here's a fun game. Look at the following quotes (names removed and ordered by length) and try to identify which are sarcastic and which are not.

Your tastes are inferior, therefore you are inferior.

Most, if not all SeasonalAnime fans are plebs though.

How can people defend shows that are clearly awful?

Only the most intelligent and insightful people can determine what is one of best anime of all time.

Mainstream anime = shit because the majority have shit taste. People should really stop being such plebs and feggits

This isn't about different tastes
this is about stupidity because I don't know what else to call it
this is like twilight winning an oscar
you know this show is bad and this is not just me hating it,I actually wanted to like it but there's just...nothing there

But I do understand that everyone have different taste and I respect that but there should not have been much deviation over what is good and what is crap...people should have been able to differentiate the good from the average and the bad and be more objective in choosing their best animes.
May 20, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2012
Altairius said:
PoeticJustice said:

Why would someone have the actual composer in their avatar? Composers are not good looking people. I think I'll grab some Bach sheet music for my profile pic though.

They wanna prove how cultured they are. Who gives a damn?
May 20, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2013
Now, this is coming from an 'unexperiented' anime watcher. I don't feel I have the superiority complex like others have mentioned. Granted, I may not have watched enough anime to say "everything I like is better than everything you like". because..that wouldn't be much (sixty-something anime, here! P:)

Still, I know what I like, and sixty-something is still a pretty decent number. Enough to start to figure out your taste, anyways. But those people who are confined to what they consider "the good kind of anime", and feels superior because they enjoy this 'better' anime pisses me off. Another thing that irritates me is when someone thinks they are 'superior' because they've watched more anime than I have. Senior to me, maybe, but I feel superior is too strong of a word.

Jus my opinion.
May 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Of course there's people like that. There's people like that in every hobby, profession, etc.
May 20, 2014 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
It's not so much that I think I am superior, it's rather that everyone is so intent on proving themselves inferior.....
May 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
Cause we're superior.
May 20, 2014 9:48 PM

Dec 2013
Altairius said:
PoeticJustice said:

If I could compose like Bach, I wouldn't give a shit about my looks. Neither would the ladies.
May 20, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
I only have a Stand Alone Complex.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 20, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
I only have a Lolita Complex
May 21, 2014 12:15 AM

Apr 2014
Gymkata said:
Altairius said:
PoeticJustice said:

If I could compose like Bach, I wouldn't give a shit about my looks. Neither would the ladies.

True that, but I still don't want his mug on my profile.

@ fst: The first one is kidding, the rest are serious.
May 21, 2014 12:17 AM

May 2014
Should all evidence of Justin Beiber be eradicated from the planet?

There's your answer.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 1:42 AM
Mar 2013
I don't try to be but I probably do try to act superior. It probably comes from new anime watchers who immediately jump on popular series band wagons and proclaim they're "otaku", I've seen plenty of anime watchers who slate off anime which they haven't even seen but take other peoples words for it.
May 21, 2014 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
Ignited gatherings of firewood.

May 21, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2014
I do try to stay away from the more mainstream series, but it's not like I shove that personal view on anime down other people's throats. I'm not one to pass negative judgement on other people's taste. Instead we should try to enter a discussion, rather than a flame fest...
May 21, 2014 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
Kolnikov said:
Well, technically if you have more experience in anime, you're somehow superior. Not superior as a human being, but superior as an anime viewer. If you have more knowledge about anime of course you're superior. This guy, for example, is my superior in many ways (he watches more than I do, he is older than me...). In some languages we even have to use a different word to treat someone more experienced than you (honorifics and such).

That's true. If someone has seen 100 anime and tells me that angel beats is the best anime ever made then I can't take that opinion seriously because he isn't experienced in the medium
May 21, 2014 6:41 AM

Mar 2012
Only superior people can understand another superior people.
Sry mediums.
May 21, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2012
XP

Ahh I see, like I said I haven't encountered snobbish people on here.
May 21, 2014 7:48 PM
Oct 2012
fst said:
Presumably this is to make fun of how silly it is to think that you're smarter than somebody else because your subjective taste in chinese cartoons is "better".

You know you talk about "chinese cartoons" on nearly every thread, so I have been meaning to ask why?
May 21, 2014 7:50 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
fst said:

You know you talk about "chinese cartoons" on nearly every thread, so I have been meaning to ask why?
Because anime is made in China? Obvious reason...Jk of course
May 21, 2014 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
Duh, everything's made in China.
May 22, 2014 2:48 AM
Nov 2010
Most people on this site, yeah, and undeservedly so.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is oldest decade of Anime are willing you watch?

Dragevard - Yesterday

35 by Brunilde »»
36 seconds ago

» How would you describe the Mary Sue characters and how would you like them?

RobertBobert - Today

21 by LeonhartAugust »»
10 minutes ago

» What is your Fav anime songs ?

Henrique-Senpai - Today

15 by SuperAdventure »»
11 minutes ago

» Demon Slayer English Dub still waiting???

RainOfLegend - 22 minutes ago

0 by RainOfLegend »»
22 minutes ago

» Half-way through 2024, what are your favorite anime moments in 2024 so far?

frzaroc - 3 hours ago

10 by NekOniiChan »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.