Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, nice it was resolved.
Apr 27, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
"I hate you!" I would too XD

The diary and the note on her door :O

She doesn't remember the diary 0_0

Well that was close good thing she isn't friends with Kiryu or else they might not have worked out.

New friend and character coming, the next episode should be interesting.
Apr 27, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2008
A pretty cute episode, a real way to play with the people's feels.

I know the next episode is going to be a real funny one.
Apr 27, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2011
What i thought in the first half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOvq8FsiUE
Apr 27, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
That was a very nice episode. Glad that Fuji-san was able to remember Hase at the end even without the diary. Was glad she see all the work he was putting into finding it too. I completely understand Hase's jealousy thing too, easy to sympathize there.

Next weeks preview looks good. A new girl appears (maybe some yuri if we're lucky?). Can't wait to see how she plays into the story.
Apr 27, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Was glad when they found that durable diary, my heart did break a little when she said, that she doesn't know Hase.
Apr 27, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
Haha... young love.

Apr 27, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2011
I can understand Hase's feelings and I sympathize with him. In his position I would have bailed already because this relationship might not be worth it when all is said and done but I suppose he likes this girl a lot.
Apr 27, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2009
1. Hase's jealousy against shogo was awesome

2. It's a miracle that hase found fujimiya's diary. She could've just made a new one

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 27, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Woe is me!
That 'friendship' problem right there.

Yuuki is getting jelly now!
But, if Kaori considers Shougo as a friend now, how come she doesn't forget him?
Yet, she forgets Yuuki despite having the first dibs.
Poor, poor Yuuki.

That last bit of the episode gave me so much feels!
Such a heartwarming scene there.
Good job to Yuuki and Kaori for working hard to get where they are!
Shougo should totally give both of them a treat! :)

Let's see another episode now!
As in NOW...
Before I forget next Monday.
Apr 27, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
The OP song gets on me nerves, but I love the artwork.

UGH society. I hate it when characters care so much about what others think, and when background characters talk so loud so the main characters can hear them. It's so annoying.. Luckily that isn't necessarily common in anime.

I am wondering why Fujimiya-san remembers Kiryuu... maybe the memory thing doesn't work with romantic feelings?
Apr 27, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2012
This series is just flawless. 10/10

The art is amazing, everything is executed well, characters seem decently realistic, other good stuff.

New character released next episode! I forgot her name. which is sad since I read the manga.
Apr 27, 2014 8:17 PM

Feb 2014
I hope this new character don't turn this Anime into a lame love triangle... Please stay beautiful.
Apr 27, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
I dont think he will but IF Kiryuu makes a move on Fujimiya that would be a SERIOUS bro code violation.... not cool, not cool at all

Also goddamit woman if the damn diary is so important stop fucking losing it
Apr 27, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2009
when she put his hand to her face... HNGHHHHH. my diabetes acting up again.
Apr 27, 2014 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode once again. Loved the riverbank scene where Hase handed Fujimiya her diary.
Also, the way he properly asked her to be his friend after they made up was very heartwarming.
Apr 27, 2014 9:03 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Such a beautiful episode
I always end up with the biggest smile at the end of the episode
This was so cute.
Though... a ton of coincidences happened during this episode... but do I care?
NOPE.
Series too good for me to care.
Apr 27, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2013
The jealousy part was so cute. Misunderstandings are another thing. When Kaori lost her diary, and didn't recognize Yuuki at all, it made me feel sorry for him. Shougo is still an awesome friend. He made Kaori remember about what she lost.

When Kaori put his hand on her face, I can feel romance coming! I'm glad they made up for their first fight.

Judging from the preview, there's a new girl coming. Maybe she's a friend of her. But from the title, New Friends, a new one is coming.
Apr 27, 2014 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
brb, refreezing my heart since this episode just melted it. Is it possible for something to be -too- cute?

How refreshing, an episode with a bit of real drama between friends. I swear I felt a shiver when Fujimiya asked who Hase Yuki was. O_o This episode just cemented Kiryu as the best friend ever, even though he doesn't really want to show it. I don't even need to say anything about the diary finding scene between Fujimiya and Hase and that's probably for the best, as my blood sugar might run high again just thinking about it. xD

I can not wait until the next episode, and I haven't had that feeling in a long time.

Slice of life done right? Indubitably.
Apr 27, 2014 9:33 PM

May 2009
Shogou's maturity is showing through again
Apr 27, 2014 9:36 PM
Mar 2014
This series just keeps getting better and better.

Hase getting all jealous

And Shougo is very mature and smart since he always answers the question right when the teacher calls on him while he sleeps lol.

New friend cant wait
Apr 27, 2014 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
this episode is so cute and sweet ><

this series is far exceeding my initial expectations

another new (female) friend next week!

can't wait!
Cute is justice.
Apr 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2013
Well that was ridiculously melodramatic. Who the fuck even loses an A4 bright pink notepad anyway? Only thing this chick's forgetting is to go for an eye test.

Another thing that was dumb was how she didn't believe him - if she knows she forgets things every week, why doesn't she give him the benefit of the doubt? He wouldn't even know about it unless she told him anyway so the fact that he did should've been proof.
Apr 27, 2014 10:56 PM

Aug 2008
Hase is so possessive and scary. They're not even dating or been friends that long, yet he overreacts when Fujimiya makes a new friend. Honestly, if I were in Fujimiya's position, I would immediately terminate any friendship with such a creeper.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 27, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
Sweat episode, good thing they made up.
Apr 28, 2014 1:27 AM

Feb 2013
I gotta say it, truly childish the reason of the 'fight'.
Aghh I can't stay mad at Hase, no matter how idiot he is, I love him, he's so cute.
For a brief moment there I thought those memories and feelings would be lost forever and the relationship between Hase and Fujimiya was definitely going to change but I'm glad it didn't happen. Oh man, Shougo, you're amazing.

Apr 28, 2014 1:47 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode.

Next episode looks...not very interesting. Don't really see a point in adding another character but I guess they could make it work.
Apr 28, 2014 2:06 AM
Mar 2010
That was adorable. I loved this episode. Even though they adapted two chapters of the manga, it didn't feel rushed at all. <3

That ending hnnngh. <3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 28, 2014 2:46 AM
Dec 2013
Calm down they're just kids. Cut them some slack on their over reactions.

Also, this might be my favorite show this season. So many warm and fuzzy feels.
Apr 28, 2014 2:46 AM

Jan 2014
So much feels ;_;
Nice episode <3
Apr 28, 2014 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
My god I love this anime.
Lol Hase was whining a bit this episode, but I do sympathise with the guy though. The feeling of being forgotten.. :(
Shougo you da man. He always says the right things :)
So damn cute and heartwarming - that last scene :D
Apr 28, 2014 3:05 AM

Sep 2010
The scenery this episode was beautiful to look at. Cried a bit in the end, it was so sweet.

New character next week!
Apr 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Nov 2010
Jelly Yuuki is sticky
It was nice to see how Shougo kept his composure versus the upset Yuuki
The Dandelions added were so beautiful

Kaori realizing the most important thing wasn't relying her Diary, but recalling her memories on her own

A new friend next that was on the OP as well
Apr 28, 2014 4:46 AM

Sep 2012
Hyaaa, I can't relax like I used to when watching this episode! Sooo depressing. Grr.. This ep feels kinda long..
eyrahsamaApr 28, 2014 4:54 AM
Apr 28, 2014 5:29 AM

Feb 2010
I almost died.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 28, 2014 6:09 AM

Oct 2013
brought them closer together in the end. cuties <3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 28, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2012
The biggest question for me is that will I forget the series after it end?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 28, 2014 6:29 AM

Feb 2012
Jealousy will make things go ugly!! Yuuki should be happy that Fujimiya is in good terms with his friend, Shougo, instead of going all jelly on him. After all, he introduced Shougo to her so that she can make another new friend. Oh well, he still a child.

I like Shougo with Fujimiya though, TBH. Though he has a quiet-cold demeanor, he's actually caring and gives good advise to his friends.

Yay, next episode, she'll make another new friend!! Can't wait!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 28, 2014 6:54 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Anyway this was a nice episode, even though I found it a little on the more predictable and run out of the mill. next episode looks like just another intro ep for a new character it seems.

Mod Edit Note: Quote of false spoiler and comment on it removed.
rodacApr 30, 2014 5:10 PM
Apr 28, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
So Kaori can remember Kiryu, but not Hase? Why is that? They never explained it?

Plot holeeeeee......
Apr 28, 2014 7:40 AM

Dec 2013
Shaniyaz said:
Sudden rumor of Fujimiya being friends with Shougo. O.o
Hase being envious makes him look stupider when Shougo calmly advised him.. XD

Hase's selfish attitude was unexpected and quite unpleasant.
Isn't Shougo his best friend? Come on dude..
He totally missed the point of why she was talking about Shougo.. Serves him right when Fujimiya left him!

Oh, it's Friday and she forgot to pick up her diary..
All odds against her becoming friends with Hase again.

Shougo is such an awesome character; supporting Hase and giving Fujimiya a cue of the lost diary.

Nice Hase X Fujimiya moments towards the end. :)

Good episode. Good developments between characters as well.

New character next episode. A possible rival to Fujimiya?

You gotta understand that its a culture thing.
There's no such thing as a Bro code in Japan, specially not in high school. Given the passive nature of Japanese people in general, the first person to air their relationship usually wins. Hase's jealousy is somewhat justified because in all essence it wasn't as much as about what Shougo did, but rather what Fujimiya did herself (i.e. Go on and on about Shougo whilst talking to Hase)

I mean, put it this way, if you had a girlfriend/love interest who had a childhood guy friend, and only talked incessantly about that guy friend at every opportunity, I think you'd get fed up with the conversation pretty fast too. That's especially true for teenagers, methinks. And when you're best friend is the subject of annoyance, its hard not to lash out at said best friend, even if they haven't actually done anything to deserve the lashing out (in this case I digress, because Shougo openly admitted to being friends with Fujimiya first, lol).

The main issue is that no one really knows how the memory loss works, and what Fujimiya's brain selectively remembers and forgets, which makes it even more frustrating for Hase, who would expect conventionally that if you were a friend, you would be remembered over a complete strainger/casual acquaintance.

That "I only know Kiryu-kun" on Monday must have hurt bad.
Mind you, they still haven't explained how she remembers Shougo on Monday and not Hase. Because technically if it was because Shougo was an important friend to Hase, then she would have also remembered her fried eggs as well...
L-RyoshiApr 28, 2014 7:51 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 28, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2010
The OP is so blissful! That sensei is awesome, giving her rooftop keys like that. Well, Hase isn't to blame when he became jealous, but I still don't like that, considering I am not too into the main ship romantically (I adore it as friendly one though). I can get possessive too, without wanting to be. As I dislike it in myself, I dislike this trait in everyone.

Most importantly, that's now how you talk to a person with amnesia. She isn't even free to have friends as compared to him.

Anyways,

The diary... :/ Shogo being a bro as always.

I talked about Hase negatively earlier, I think I should say something positive as well. What I like about Hase is, he is honest. Even if he thinks, he is being selfish, he says it and I think, that's great rather than posing to be the nicest guy ever we see in some romance manga/anime. And I also really like how he says "Yokatta" )(Props go to VA though) xD

The pace was slightly fast this episode. Really liked the Fujimiya x Hase scene near the end. The foreshadowing is always strong near the end of episode, did something bad happen later? Maybe, Fujimiya really fell for Shougo.
Apr 28, 2014 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
Shougo, best guy
Apr 28, 2014 10:06 AM
Apr 2014
that was close to not end up well >.> really like that she makes progress with her memories though. sure, Fujimiya still can't remember Hase but it didn't seem like it was intended that she called him by his name when he fell. means somehow she actually remembers him ;) kinda.

like the show more with every new episode :)

Kyuutoryuu said:
So Kaori can remember Kiryu, but not Hase? Why is that? They never explained it?

Plot holeeeeee......

they actually explained it. the explanation was that she doesn't see him as friend and thus does not forget about him. at least that was the explanation at the end of the third episode.
Apr 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
This is simply beautiful.
Apr 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
This is just getting better and better.Can't wait for next episode.
Apr 28, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2010
Was hit by feels this episode. Feels nice and fuzzy.

Apr 28, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2011
I yelped in panic when she dropped and left the notebook. You know a show is captivating if it causes vocal reactions. Good stuff.

...is it bad that I'm subconsciously hoping for an NTR?
Apr 28, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
This show would be amazing if the characters were a bit older and mature. The MC is super childish.
Apr 28, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
Such sweetness.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

205 by Husen_Duhoki »»
May 21, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.