Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
Worst I've seen from KyoAni,which honestly isn't say much consider Free! is the only other show from them I've seen.

This show in Mirai's word "How unpleasant." 5/10
Dec 19, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was a fun 12 episodes, some ups and downs.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 19, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
When Mirai was gone and Akihito was reflecting I was thinking it was a really great ending and then suddenly Mirai is somehow back. I don't like how it wasn't explained, but it was still a nice ending. I'm expecting a season 2 or something extra to at least explain and build upon the ending.

Great animation and soundtrack, loved a few certain characters (Hiromi, Mitsuki & Sakura) but overall the show just felt underwhelming at times. Still a nice, enjoyable series though.
Dec 19, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
Ending kinda ruined it for me. 6-7/10 at best for me. Awesome OST though.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 19, 2013 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
Mirai and Akihito having to fight a barrage of dreamshades was pretty cool. I really thought Mirai was gone for good. Overall this was a funny and enjoyable show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 19, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
Went into this having no expectations and was pleasantly entertained. 8/10 will probably not rewatch but it was fun while it lasted.
Dec 19, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
>no kiss, again
Fuck you, Kyoani.

I'm more pissed off about how predictable the ending was... This series would have been so much better without all the forced drama.
Dec 19, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
welp when ur the strongest demon alive, u can rewrite stories.
dat kyoani animation budget though. eye candy. but too bad the story was meh and the emotional scene didnt feel too emotional lol. must be the chars.
Dec 19, 2013 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
okay, after looking through the comments, someone came up with a good explanation for what happened to Mirai.

Here's the theory.

"When she shattered near the end, she was absorbed back into Beyond the Boundary. Now, quick fact to know is that youmu manifest from negative human emotions. Akihito is still grieving over Mirai's loss. Over time this grievance takes form to recreate Mirai as a youmu. Akihito who possesses the Beyond the Boundary (which is just a huge bundle of negative emotion) has that grievance which also contains part of Mirai's "self".

It looks reasonable, i guess... Although I still feel that this was way underdeveloped for the audience to understand..
Dec 19, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
Should have stayed dead
Dec 19, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Ehhh ending
Dec 19, 2013 7:02 PM
Jul 2018

T-t-that smile~!!!! Damn. I'll be missing this anime so much. May not be the best but it really grows on me. The characters are very likeable. The scene where Mirai slowly breaking and shattering like a glass has so much feels. I thought she was really a goner in there.
MIRAI, Y U SO KAWAII?! You still look good in megane. :3
Dec 19, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2013
It was decent overall, maybe a little better than that. 7 - 8/10. If only she hadn't come back... If they were going to have a special or another season, I'd feel inclined to bring her back then.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 19, 2013 7:28 PM
Nov 2012
I really liked everything except for the final revive. How she came back I can only guess that she is actually part of his memories with the shade and not the real Mirai.
Dec 19, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
Waaaa one of the nicest series this season finally ends. I'd say fuck all the haters, I love this series.. I love the characters, the arts, the music..

I don't think it's that hard to make sense.. Mirai was simply absorbed (not dead) when Kyoukai no Kanata was released from Akihito and now that it's absorbed back inside him she simply re-materialized.

It could've been better if the story is longer and more plot holes are explained and going by KyoAni's habit, a 2nd season is quite unlikely.. for all it's worth it's a nice little series. 9/10
Dec 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2013
Oh shoot~~ That almost made me cry. >.<!!!
Dec 19, 2013 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Waaaa one of the nicest series this season finally ends. I'd say fuck all the haters, I love this series.. I love the characters, the arts, the music..

I don't think it's that hard to make sense.. Mirai was simply absorbed (not dead) when Kyoukai no Kanata was released from Akihito and now that it's absorbed back inside him she simply re-materialized.

It could've been better if the story is longer and more plot holes are explained and going by KyoAni's habit, a 2nd season is quite unlikely.. for all it's worth it's a nice little series. 9/10

I agree with you, no matter what the haters say, this series is by far my favorite one of the season and it gave me plenty of enjoyment (:
Dec 19, 2013 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
So Mirai's dead and Akihito imagines that she is still alive?
Kinda sad though.

Another Tasogare ending huh

Sorayin said:
What a stupid fucking ending. Seriously?
Everything somehow gets put back to normal during the last 2 minutes of the episode?
Mind you, I saw it coming a mile away.
A really shitty ending to an average show.
Congratulations.

And to all who said that they "predicted" the ending
Most non-tragic anime ends with a Disney Death so you don't have to be an astrologer to guess what could have happened.
CashdaxDec 19, 2013 8:02 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 19, 2013 8:26 PM

Dec 2009
Ahhh, damn, what a cop out ending! I am all for happy reunion, but don't just *POOF* I am here!
Dec 19, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2009
7thVoid said:
It was decent overall, maybe a little better than that. 7 - 8/10. If only she hadn't come back... If they were going to have a special or another season, I'd feel inclined to bring her back then.

I would have accepted "anime movie" as an answer too.
Dec 19, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I am extremely satisfied with this series, though I was extremely skeptical of it at first.
This episode was really good, and I can't say I didn't shed any tears. I just love all of the characters.
Although I agree that I wish the ending could have been a bit different because the series began feeling rushed halfway through the middle, I'm still satisfied.
I really hope there will be a season two because Hiromi has to take over, Mirai is back, and that creepy guy with the glasses simply "mysteriously disappeared".
8/10

GAHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR AKKEY, OH MY GOSH, OTP <3 <3 >_<
Dec 19, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2012
Well, it was a fun to watch. It lacked explanation I think. I don't totally comprehend how she came back. And that ending was predictable. I wished they would have let her be dead until the next season/movie but it seems not. Oh well, I enjoyed it. I've got to say that the action was well done.
Dec 19, 2013 8:53 PM
Jul 2012
Iro-sama said:
I don't wanna seem mean but the thing I thought the most during this episode was just
can we get another season of haruhi on this level of animation??? please?????????? because holy toast

^ That is great! I agree. The movie definitely had that quality of animation, though.

But seriously,this was a great anime. Too bad it was only 12 episodes. I really hope it gets a second season. It certainly deserves it.
Dec 19, 2013 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
7/10
Dec 19, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
I liked this series for the most part. It had some filler here and there and at times I was a bit confused but the action sequences looked great and the actual idea of the series was intriguing enough. 7/10.

As for the ending...I was pretty disappointed. Not a horrible ending or anything but it was very cliche and predictable. I think I have lost count of the number of anime that have a main character leave/disappear halfway through the last episode, show us how the other characters moved on with their lives in the months after and then in the last minute or so the character comes back, with not much explanation, for a tearjerker moment.
Dec 19, 2013 10:54 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty decent overall, i liked the fact that there wasnt any particularly annoying character.

Some plot holes here and there though, so 6.5/10 for me
Dec 19, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
K I loved the shit out of this show but that 5 minutes explaination of

Killed the ending for me. Good or not, it's definition deus ex machina. Maximum ass pull.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 19, 2013 11:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
rodac said:
I guess Kyoami is such a wonderful producer of anime that they don't feel the need to provide us with much in the way of explanation, resolution, or coherency in the final episode...

It's all about presentation, I tell you, all about presentation... Oh wait.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 19, 2013 11:59 PM

Aug 2013
Damn. Was good. Ending seemed...to make no sense, but the animation was eye-gasm. Any chance of a 2nd season?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
Got a little to convoluted. Dislike when anime try to cram so much into 12 episodes. Simplicity is the best
Dec 20, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
Come on KyoAni...

This is so weak.

For a company that I loved, I can't believe they manage to dissapoint me twice within 2 years. (Tamako and Kanata)

Hopefully Chuunibyou will be at least as charming as S1... And adapt the last book of Hyouka dammit.

EDIT: Please don't use Ishidate Taichi as the main director again.

The pacing is awkward as fuck! Normally I'd put those blame on series composition guy... But the guy, Hanada Jukki, is known for slow start but always pace a show well enough time to conclude a story. (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou, Robotic;Notes, Rozen Maiden etc)

So... Whose idea was it to include an Idol episode in the midst of all things?
I don't dislike the idol episode(I actually found it very charming)... But without it, the pacing would've been much better.

This just reminds me... Fucking Soul Eater, remove the 2 Excalibur episode and they'll have extra 40 minutes to work on producing a better ending... fuck!
AirStylesDec 20, 2013 12:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2013 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
Sadly that was kind of a sloppy episode. Lot of action, looked great, but it didn't have a ton of meaning. The ending was, of course, tear jerking. Mixed feelings about the rez at the end although it makes for the smiles.

Pretty show, a good show. However it kind of took a step or two back as it came to a close. 8/10 because it had a heart warming ending, good characters, had an eye candy idol episode, good laughs, excellent animation, good music.

samesdday said:
Pretty decent overall, i liked the fact that there wasnt any particularly annoying character.

Some plot holes here and there though, so 6.5/10 for me

Lack of information does not equal plot hole.

AirStyles said:

Hopefully Chuunibyou is at least as charming as S1... And adapt the last book of Hyouka dammit.

Werd.
Dec 20, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2008
The animation was top-notch. The story, just felt too rushed in general. Too much stuff unexplained and story development was generally bleak. It's still a decent watch though.
Dec 20, 2013 1:43 AM
Jun 2013
I loved the episode <3 but can anyone explain to me why mirai came back??????
Dec 20, 2013 2:11 AM
Jul 2011
too much stuff crammed into one episode
Dec 20, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
It was good, maybe with more episodes could be better, but I want a second season.
Dec 20, 2013 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
So... how did she appear again alive?
Dec 20, 2013 3:04 AM

Mar 2013
According to some comment in Gogoanime, apparently the ring acted like a catalyst and along with Kanbara's "powers" was able to reform Kuriyama. KyoAni did explain that the ring was part of Kuriyama's powers. But this is all speculation and a theory. 10/10 though just because I haven't seen a good new anime recently.

Quoting:
"Mirai Kuriyama's blood which was used to excise beyond the boundary was absorbed into beyond the boundary, when kanbara brought beyond the boundary back into his body, he took mirai along with it. Given enough time for his youmu half self and his human half to stabilize(and with some strong feelings of love), mirai was eventually able to re-appear using a catalyst that had been long intertwined with her spiritual powers and of which still existed in the outside world(The Ring)"
Too much heaven is not a good thing. -nosebleeds-
Dec 20, 2013 4:10 AM

May 2013
This ending doesnt feel unpleasent
Dec 20, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Wished they showed us more of Izumi and Miroku's fight, her angry expression is attractive :P It's a shame they didn't explain a lot about Izumi's past and her inner shade. I would loved to see what happen to Miroku and Izumi at the end though as we know they are both still alive :S There are quite a lot of unanswered questions and even the appearance Akihito's mum does not give us a lot of closure.

Pretty average ending to end it all though but it's nice to see Mirai again :D
ShanaFlameDec 20, 2013 6:03 AM
Dec 20, 2013 8:10 AM

Apr 2007
i dont't understand

why is she still alive

is this really meant to make no sense or am i just drunk
Dec 20, 2013 9:03 AM

Jun 2010
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't understand why they removed the KnK inside Akihito if he is going to take it back again anyways? I thought the plan was to remove it from him so that they can kill it? Why did Mirai disappeared in the first place? Why did she re-appear at the ending? Why did Izumi left? Why is she a half-shade? Why is there no Akihito x Mitsuki ending? Why kyoani, why?

Anyways, I thought the ending was alright if they decided to kill off Mirai but well, sigh. The animation is epic so... I don't know. 7/10 for now...Chuu2 was better imo.
Dec 20, 2013 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
It was a good ending... until the very end. I mean, I really like happy ending, but I like happy ending that make sense. I know there's a lot of theory about her being of his imagination, etc. But it should have been explaned, they shoudn't have left the viewer guessing. If they had really no choice but to make her disappear, I would have prefer that.

For the animation, weirdly, I though it was less good than before. Sure the fighting were cool and well done, the quality of the image was top notch. But I noticed that during the fight between Izumi and the weird hipster glasses guy, they used almost 15 second showing a white screen while hearing them fighting, it felt just useless.

I'm sad that the serie ended, but I'm even more sad about how it ended. Still, in overall, I liked it. It was entertaining enough and had some good (but sometime repetive) comedy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 20, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
On episode 11 it doesn't felt rushed but after I watched episode 12 it was really rushed. They skipped the OP and ED just to lengthen the episode.

I really enjoyed this show but the ending was too rushed. It doesn't explain all of what happens.

A sad ending wasn't bad for me, but I didn't understand some part of this episode. Someone said that Yayoi did something and we'll see it in the ova.

Those flashbacks was nice to see.

Mirai asked Akkey to pat her head and say thank you to her and Mirai vanished. Mirai said that she's glad that she fell in love with Akihito.

Someone said that the comedy was overused and I agree on that, but that's one reason why I like this show.

First episode first scene is in the rooftop and the last episode last scene is also in the rooftop. nice
Don't know anything else to say, I really like this show.
Dec 20, 2013 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
>no kiss, again
Fuck you, Kyoani.

If you want kissing, watch White Album 2. That anime doesn't shy away from it.
Dec 20, 2013 11:50 AM

Oct 2011
Crying after seeing dat ending T__T. Season 2 Please !!!
Dec 20, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly while it could have been better, i though this was a great last episode amd im going to miss this anime like shit! :)
Dec 20, 2013 2:45 PM
Dec 2012
A beautiful episode, I just wish a few things were explained and cleared up more thoroughly, for example, how was Mirai able to return, and what happened exactly to the eldest Nase sister? Without explanations it felt like nothing was achieved... But all in all, a beautiful episode, bringing me right up to the edge of tears with a lump in my throat, even if there is a few loose ends. <3
Dec 20, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
>no kiss, again
Fuck you, Kyoani.

would not surprise me if there will be a season 2 of free with the guys kissing or something^^ but not in the ones with romance like this one and tamako market and such xD
Dec 20, 2013 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
In short, rushed beyond belief.

Everything went at such a pace. The fighting scene setup and motives behind each one felt so reminscient of past ones that the punches against Beyond the Boundary didn't have much impact on me.

What did have impact was how the ending part with Mirai disappearing and Akkey feeling lost without her. So touching. And it tickles my romantic bone too. ^^ But even this scene was rushed, ugh. Could've went a lot smoother if they didn't try to squish so much stuff into the last episode. And the last scene was uuuugh. I let myself enjoy the show for what it was which made the experience a whole lot better but thinking of it now is just. Why am I watching this and why did this happen? So. Rushed. And like everyone else, how did Mirai come back?

The eldest Nase sister thing was unbelievably rushed. There were partia; exposition, partial rising action and then they just jumped to the climax. And did Hiroomi really admire her? The show made it clear that Hiroomi was aware of something suspicious happening about her so the scene where he's all confessing his feelings about the eldest sister and how he will no longer do something (I forgot just because how ridiculous the entire thing was). And why no sister complex scene? ;3; As sad as it may, I liked that aspect of him, ugh.

I give this episode a 6/10 and the series an overall 5/10. This show was seriously disappointing but had moments which showed it had potential to shine.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.