Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of the top ten most popular characters of all time on MAL?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
destonyDbaby said:
Asap_ said:
Next time on DramaEnthusiast:
- What do you think of the most popular anime on MAL?
- What do you think of the top 5 anime favourites on MAL?
- What do you think of the top 10 anime series on MAL?
- What do you think of the top 3 people favourites on MAL?

yeah he has been making some shitty threads :)
fixed.
Oct 23, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2013
1. A fairly smart tactician

2. A detective that somehow believes a teenager is capable of killing people around the world with heart attacks. Open minded, but not very smart considering that what Light did is usually impossible. Is willing to torture his victims without proof of their crimes, and was also willing to use the Death Note, which makes him no better than Light. And lets not forget when he put Lind L Tailor on TV, knowing he would be killed in L's place

3. An idiot that has somehow managed to survive so long due to his powers and friends

4. A man with a dream - to rid the world of crime altogether, or at least tone it down by a large percentage.

5. A boy that made a silly mistake in the past, and aims to fix what he broke in the first place. Grows up a fair bit during the series from a boy into a man. A small man, but a man regardless.

6. A man with a very negative view on the world, yet still sees hope for it. Does what he thinks is right, even if it is a pain in the ass and he ends up complaining about it.

7. Used to have a negative view on the world as he was isolated, but later becomes a hero and thinks very positive. Never gives up, likes to take the spotlight.

8. Laid back, likes to relax, but gets serious when the need arises. The strongest of the Straw Hat Pirates, and with good reason.

9. Don't know enough to judge.

10. A silly high school girl with a god complex.
Oct 23, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2012
1. Lamperouge Lelouch: mai waifu

2. L: don't particularly like him as a character but it was certainly enjoyable seeing someone give light a run for his money

3. Monkey D. Luffy: ??? nothing really special about him, vocal one piece fans I guess

4. Yagami Light: understandable, not really that amazing, other chars like kaiji are smarter lol but yeah

5. Edward Elric: You only have the right to put him in your favorite characters if you watched FMA dubbed and watched/prefered the 2003 version, fact

6. Kurosaki Ichigo: lol I liked bleach but he's honestly a very bad character, all he said was that he wanted to protect his friends and that's it. He seemed like a good character at first because he somewhat differed from a lot of tropes and didn't really say some cliché stuff in his dialogues but he still end up getting very little development, rukia is the best character in bleach

7. Uzumaki Naruto: back then he was my favorite character in Naruto, it felt like if Charlie Brown was in an anime except it would be a shounen and he would have hair and be more genki, was very enjoyable to follow his development. sadly in shippuden he just gets cheap power-ups and barely feels changed even though several years have passed

8. Roronoa Zoro: pretty much the cool side character of one piece

9. Sataka Gintoki: it rubs me the wrong way to see someone outside of dragon ball doing kamehamehas

10. Haruhi Suzumiya: She's basically a modern day version of several strong female characters actually, probably the best moe/tsundere character ever, it's easy to call her a bossy bitch or anything but all that self-awareness is basically what gave the show such buzz
Oct 23, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2010
So that's the most popular characters on MAL - is what I think.
Now stop creating useless threads.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 23, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Once again it just shows that most mal users have either shitty taste or haven't grown pubes yet.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Oct 23, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
The only one that deserves the spot is Rorona Zorro, but thats just my opinion.
Oct 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
legit
Oct 23, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
I don't see Yui Hirasawa in the top ten so it's invalid.
Oct 23, 2013 11:37 AM
Feb 2008
I would like to replace this list with the list of favorite characters in my profile.
Oct 23, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
TheFaintSmile said:
Spike and Alucard should DEFINITELY be there

Absolutely, Okabe as well
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2011
Gintoki deserves more love.
Haruhi doesn't deserves it
Oct 23, 2013 12:37 PM
Apr 2011
none of them belong up there
Oct 23, 2013 1:28 PM
Mar 2013
Needs Kamina or Simon. It's not a top 10 without a Gurren Lagann character as far as I'm concerned.
Oct 23, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
my fav characters should be there instead

derp
Oct 23, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
Personally I don't agree with all of them.
I agree with Light because he is a great character with an amazing anti-hero story. Death Note is just beast.

Lelouch... I disagree, Light is better than Lelouch as a anti-hero character.
L I find ... well a great character but for an all time favorite... no. Overrated.
Edward Elric, yes, a very great character. Strong character and amazing story.
Ichigo? Maybe but its hard to only look his character side with the story being kinda all over the place.

Naruto with his background and character development. A very strong character and deserves to be higher.
Haruhi... great character, very enjoyable but... I wouldn't consider her an all time favorite.

On the other hand I don't understand why Araragi, Koyomi isn't there.
Oct 23, 2013 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
You probably made this thread just because Haruhi was on there, didn't you?

Overall I don't really care all that much, it is what it is but those aren't my top 10 characters.

To touch up on why Naruto is probably there, if you've ever watched the series for more than the fights, you'll see that despite his "hurr durr what's 1 + 1? My fist believe it!" front he puts up, there's actually more to him than what's shown on the surface. He's hardheaded, but he's also very perceptive and sharp when it counts. He's also very confident and although silly, still serious when he needs to be. Additionally, he's a character that many people can relate to due to his past living as an outcast in isolation.
Oct 23, 2013 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
I don't care what a bunch of 14 year olds who only watch shounen shit think.
Oct 23, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
With 380K and 290K users attached to Death Note and Code Geass in some way it is not at all shocking to find out their MCs dominate the top 4. Not even taking into account how lousy the supporting characters are in both series which only gives the MCs even more reason to become more popular to those who like those series.

Other than Gintoki and Haruhi, the remaining 8 characters on that list also belong to the top ten most favourited anime series so it's not really shocking to see overlap at all.
Oct 23, 2013 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
The top is good,maybe i would replace Haruhi to Son Goku,she doesn't deserve that spot
Oct 23, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2013
*shurgs* I don't got a problem with any of 'em so they're fine I guess. Surprising lack of female characters though.
Oct 23, 2013 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:
The top is good,maybe i would replace Haruhi to Son Goku,she doesn't deserve that spot

whats so interesting about goku ?

Oct 23, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
destonyDbaby said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

Lol,you can ask anyone in the entire world about anime and most of them would know who goku is....what's so interesting u ask? lol.not even gonna answer that
Oct 23, 2013 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
They're not that surprising and I don't mind them.
shattereddreamzz said:
The bitch is on the last spot.
I feel great..

Still higher than your favourite character.
Ulquiorra1923 said:
destonyDbaby said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

Lol,you can ask anyone in the entire world about anime and most of them would know who goku is....what's so interesting u ask? lol.not even gonna answer that

interesting =/= popular
Please understand.
Oct 23, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
Exactly what does this mean again?

Who are we to say someone whom we collectively voted into the top ten is undeserving of their place... It was a community vote, not your personal opinion.
Oct 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
I guess another thread where we can argue about our favourite characters and stuff.lol
Oct 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Exactly what does this list mean again?
How many people bothered to +1 a character.

But hey, we're free to draw whatever bullshit intelligent conclusions we want from the top favorites list!

As for my opinion... I never (and still haven't) really bothered looking at it, so I dunno.
Oct 23, 2013 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know 1. and 10.
Never liked Edward Elric much (didn't watch FMA:B yet tho). Love Gintoki and Zoro. Luffy, L, Light are all pretty cool. I don't dislike Ichigo or Naruto but i must say that i used to like them much more than now.

This is how i feel towards the characters, don't really have anything to say about it being fair or not to have them on the top10..can only speak by myself not by the others :p Still, i'm curious how would the top10 (and not only) change, if everyone happened to see the very same Anime.
Oct 23, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
NOBODY wants Onizuka??? pfft.

>2nd post<
Oct 23, 2013 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
MellowJello said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

But hey, we're free to draw whatever bullshit intelligent conclusions we want from the top favorites list!

As for my opinion... I never (and still haven't) really bothered looking at it, so I dunno.

You should look at the list.
Oct 23, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
daintybiscuit said:
NOBODY wants Onizuka??? pfft.

>2nd post<

Onizuka is the man.
Oct 23, 2013 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Even if i can admit One piece, Naruto and Bleach's popularity, i definetely don't think they are the best or most interesting characters in their respective series. in fact, they are some of the blandest
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Oct 23, 2013 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
I had a look at Saimoe Anime Character Popularity contest and interestingly i am not very familiar with most of the top favourites. in fact, i don't even know 7 of last years top 8.
it's an all-female contest though... and it's more about moe than popularity i suppose.
still how can Kaga Rin not be in it?
also interestingly, no one from onepiece, naruto, bleach, fairy tail, beelzebub and some other popular shounen shows are in it.
Yoruichi is pretty moe right, she can turn into a cat
9tailjezaOct 23, 2013 10:42 PM
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Oct 23, 2013 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
9tailjeza said:
Even if i can admit One piece, Naruto and Bleach's popularity, i definetely don't think they are the best or most interesting characters in their respective series. in fact, they are some of the blandest

I would disagree and argue that they do have some interesting characters. Don't let deluded fanboys take away from the fact that these are solid Anime. Granted, I have probably only seen half or around half of each of the big 3.
Oct 23, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know whats the big deal...they're the top 10 most POPULAR...and popularity can be good or bad.
Oct 23, 2013 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
fair list although i wish Gintoki was abit higher

as for anyone questioning Luffy just get out
Oct 23, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2012
Shuhan said:
MellowJello said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Okay, I looked.

And you know what? I WON'T JUDGE PEOPLE ON THEIR HORRIBLE TASTES.
Oct 23, 2013 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
I can't say I'm against it. The list is filled with popular characters from popular Anime. A few of those characters are some of my favs also, but not top 10 fav.

I had no idea who the number 10 was.
Oct 23, 2013 11:45 PM
Aug 2012
Kurosaki Ichigo are you fricken kidding me?!

He has got to be one of the worst written protagonist I have seen in any form of writing.
Oct 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2011
Keetriver said:

He has got to be one of the worst written protagonist I have seen in any form of writing.

Believe me, Natsu is far worse.
Oct 24, 2013 12:02 AM

Oct 2012
no ruka so it sucks no offense
UTSANOMIKOOct 24, 2013 12:05 AM
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 24, 2013 12:14 AM
Aug 2012
yhunata said:
Keetriver said:

Believe me, Natsu is far worse.

Not for me. I don't like Natsu but at least he is consistent with his friendship ideology. Sure it may produce outcomes which are stupidly in his favor, but his character is still not as bad as Ichigo. Plus he is not in top 10, so Natsu doesn't bother me.
Oct 24, 2013 2:55 AM

May 2012
Do people still care about Lelouch?
Oct 24, 2013 3:25 AM

Mar 2012
They are all shounen leads, its not that surprising.

RichtheLionheart said:

I had no idea who the number 10 was.

Whaaat!? You have never even heard of Haruhi?
Oct 24, 2013 3:28 AM

Oct 2009
It is quite surprising that Madokami 'only' has around 1k believer.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 24, 2013 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
Because most people only see Madoka as a mcguffin (even though shes a little more than that) but compared to the other characters shes kind of overshadowed especially by Homura.
Oct 24, 2013 6:56 AM

Mar 2012
I feel like #10 is the only that even remotely belongs there...
Let's go bowling.
Oct 24, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:

Really, to each his/her own I guess....but still, why is the bitch so famous? It's not that she is the only obnoxious annoying tsundere out there..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 24, 2013 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
Oh, I wouldn't put her anywhere near my favorites.

I think it's cause she is cute and enthusiastic and weird and loves the normal MC. So guys are like: "Oh my God, I could be that MC! My Haruhi is out there waiting for me!"
Let's go bowling.
Oct 24, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
shattereddreamzz said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

Really, to each his/her own I guess....but still, why is the bitch so famous? It's not that she is the only obnoxious annoying tsundere out there..

Your statement implies people like Haruhi because of her tsundereness. That is inaccurate.
Oct 24, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
MellowJello said:
Shuhan said:
MellowJello said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Okay, I looked.

And you know what? I WON'T JUDGE PEOPLE ON THEIR HORRIBLE TASTES.

The majority seems to disagree with you though, and when talking about subjective opinions, majority rules.

For example, I could hate on Haruhi all I want, but it doesn't change the fact that she is the 10th most liked character on MAL, and my opinion means nothing compared to all those people.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why doesn't most psychological anime explore the psyche of their characters?

Deathlydash - 15 minutes ago

1 by SimplyBrazen »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - Sep 20

45 by zIlverKitsune »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows?

DesuMaiden - 57 minutes ago

8 by __Arkham__ »»
10 minutes ago

» help me find this anime from my childhood

viski252 - 59 minutes ago

1 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
14 minutes ago

» Changes Over Time In The Way You Use MAL Ratings

Quadruple_Oi - Sep 20

38 by Serafos »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.